The creationists are BACK

beg to differ...the experiments with fruit flies clearly show genetic mutation with subsequent changes do in fact happen. How do you explain no mention of dinosaurs running around with moses?

is that a serious question?? :lol: I really hope not. Uh, maybe because dinosaurs were already extinct by the time moses inhabited the planet? :cuckoo:

how come the authors of the bible never mention the millions of years worth of life that existed on the planet, including the dinosaurs, before the current interglacial warming period we find ourselve in right now?

Because they, the authors of the bible, simply were not aware they existed. So god must not have been the author or it didn't create the dinosaurs.

how dare you!

How come the authors of the Bible never mention the millions of years worth of life that existed on the planet, including the dinosaurs, before the current interglacial warming period we find ourselve in right now?

Because they, the authors of the Bible, simply were not aware they existed. So God must not have been the author or it didn't create the dinosaurs.

:lol:

If they had, the Bible would be like, I dunno, 3,000,000,000 pages long?

I hope you are joking.

One mention of that enormous time period would make it that long?

That excuse doesn't sound like a good one, especially when these people only thought the earth was a few thousand years old anyways.

The point is there are billions of years not mentioned. So, would you be happy if they had a reference to, I dunno, brachylophosaurus?

So you folks support the teaching of creation as science? Who's version?
The version at the Creation Museum in Kentucky?
Where 350,000 kids a year are taught that ALL science now being taught in the universities and colleges is FRAUD.
Where they are taught the earth is NO MORE than 6000 years old and where humans and dinosaurs roamed together. One exhibit has squirrels and dinosaurs together and that never happened either.
But if God said it in the Bible then science be damned. The earth HAS TO BE 6000 years old and MAN HAD TO walk with dinosaurs.
And you are a commie, pinko fag atheist if you object and call these frauds FRAUDS.
You numbskulls here have always had my full support for religous tolerance. I stand to the death for that. But there should be NO TOLERANCE WHATSOEVER for religously motivated FRAUD and the creation museum and the entire creation/ID movement has been proven in court to be FRAUD.
Parents need to bring lawsuits against any and every organization out there that encourages fraud to be taught as science in public schools using public funds.
No wonder we are losing good Christians at our churches. They see your support of such nonsense and immediately recognize faulty, fraudulent science and are turned away by the lies and deception supported by many churches.
This is a Christian theme park pretending to be a museum.
Sad that many Christians are too stipud to know any different.
Bottom line is when myths such as creation/ID presented as scientific fact are advanced and foisted upon others, particularly as part of our judicial and political systems, that is where I DRAW THE LINE.
Otherwise, what's the difference between us and a fundementalist society like Iran?
Nothing.

is that a serious question?? :lol: I really hope not. Uh, maybe because dinosaurs were already extinct by the time moses inhabited the planet? :cuckoo:

how come the authors of the bible never mention the millions of years worth of life that existed on the planet, including the dinosaurs, before the current interglacial warming period we find ourselve in right now?

Because they, the authors of the bible, simply were not aware they existed. So god must not have been the author or it didn't create the dinosaurs.

how dare you!

The bible does mention it...just not in a way that you are willing to acknowledge.

Which is pretty much the epitome of ignorance..if you don't understand something, deny it exists and claim intellectual superiority that explains your inability to process! :lol::lol:

Where 350,000 kids a year are taught that ALL science now being taught in the universities and colleges is FRAUD.
Where they are taught the earth is NO MORE than 6000 years old and where humans and dinosaurs roamed together. One exhibit has squirrels and dinosaurs together and that never happened either.
But if God said it in the Bible then science be damned. The earth HAS TO BE 6000 years old and MAN HAD TO walk with dinosaurs.
And you are a commie, pinko fag atheist if you object and call these frauds FRAUDS.
You numbskulls here have always had my full support for religous tolerance. I stand to the death for that. But there should be NO TOLERANCE WHATSOEVER for religously motivated FRAUD and the creation museum and the entire creation/ID movement has been proven in court to be FRAUD.
Parents need to bring lawsuits against any and every organization out there that encourages fraud to be taught as science in public schools using public funds.
No wonder we are losing good Christians at our churches. They see your support of such nonsense and immediately recognize faulty, fraudulent science and are turned away by the lies and deception supported by many churches.
Bottom line is when myths such as creation/ID presented as scientific fact are advanced and foisted upon others, particularly as part of our judicial and political systems, that is where I DRAW THE LINE.
Otherwise, what's the difference between us and a fundementalist society like Iran?
Nothing.

I think this is sufficiently dumbed down for you to comprehend:

"What is interesting is that this extensive list includes three animals that we no longer recognize. These three are (in the original Hebrew language) tanniyn, b@hemowth (yes, it’s spelled correctly—at least as close as we can get in Roman characters), and livyathan.
Although we alter the spelling of behemoth and Leviathan slightly, we still use those same words in bibles today. However, tanniyn is always translated into another word when we write it in English. Tanniyn occurs 28 times in the Bible and is normally translated “dragon.” It is also translated “serpent,” “sea monster,” “dinosaur,” “great creature,” and “reptile.” Behemoth and Leviathan are relatively specific creatures, perhaps each was a single kind of animal. Tanniyn is a more general term, and it can be thought of as the original version of the word “dinosaur.” The word “dinosaur” was originally coined in 1841, more than three thousand years after the Bible first referred to “Tanniyn.” To make things clearer, we constructed the following table comparing the scientific names with the Biblical names tanniyn, behemoth, and Leviathan.

“Dinosaur” Names,
Then and NowName and date first written in the Bible
Scientific Name (best estimate) and date the name appeared:
Tanniyn (dragon)before 1400 BC
Dinosaur 1841 AD
Behemothbefore 1400 BC
Brachiosaurus 1903 AD
Leviathan: before 1400 BC
Kronosaurus 1901 AD

How we got these new names is interesting. In 1822, Mary Ann Mantell became the first person to discover and correctly identify a strange bone as part of a large, unknown reptile. Her husband, Dr. Gideon Mantell, later named this creature an “Iguanodon.” From that time forward, these forgotten animals were given names chosen by the people who rediscovered them. Of course, the Bible, written between approximately 1450 BC and 95 AD, does not include any of these names."
Dinosaurs and the Bible

Last edited:

I hope you are joking.

One mention of that enormous time period would make it that long?

That excuse doesn't sound like a good one, especially when these people only thought the earth was a few thousand years old anyways.

The point is there are billions of years not mentioned. So, would you be happy if they had a reference to, I dunno, brachylophosaurus?

In terms of respecting what the Bible says with regards to science? Yes I would be happy with that, hell ecstatic. As long as it wasn't talking or had someone living inside it, as the Bible says about other animals.

"
Reading the Bible carefully, you will realize that no living creature matches the descriptions of behemoth and Leviathan. However, if you grab your kid’s dinosaur book, you will notice several possible matches for each one. Let’s examine those.
ball4.jpg
Behemoth has the following attributes according to Job 40:15-24

• It “eats grass like an ox.”
  • It “moves his tail like a cedar.” (In Hebrew, this literally reads, “he lets hang his tail like a cedar.”)
  • Its “bones are like beams of bronze,
    His ribs like bars of iron.”
  • “He is the first of the ways of God.”
  • “He lies under the lotus trees,
    In a covert of reeds and marsh.”
Some bibles and study bibles will translate the word “behemoth” as “elephant” or “hippopotamus.” Others will put a note at the edge or bottom of the page, stating that behemoth was probably an elephant or a hippopotamus. Although an elephant or hippopotamus can eat grass (or lie in a covert of reeds and marsh), neither an elephant or a hippopotamus has a “tail like a cedar” (that is, a tail like a large, tapered tree trunk). In your kid’s dinosaur book you will find lots of animals that have “tails like a cedar.”

"
We would expect behemoth to be a large land animal whose bones are like beams of bronze and so forth, so whatever a behemoth is, it is large. A key phrase is “He is the first of the ways of God.” This phrase in the original Hebrew implied that behemoth was the biggest animal created. Although an elephant or a hippopotamus are big, they are less than one-tenth the size of a Brachiosaurus, the largest (complete) dinosaur ever discovered.[1] A Brachiosaurus could therefore easily be described as “the first of the ways of God.”
Comparing all this information to the description in your kid’s dinosaur book, you may come to the conclusion that “behemoth” is not a normal animal, it is a dinosaur—the brachiosaurus. We agree with that conclusion! "
Dinosaurs and the Bible

Folks, the part of the Bible Allie is talking about is describing an elephant, the behemoth that's enormous and eats grass is an elephant, not a dinosaur.

Is that a serious question?? :lol: I really hope not. Uh, maybe because dinosaurs were already extinct by the time Moses inhabited the planet? :cuckoo:

How come the authors of the Bible never mention the millions of years worth of life that existed on the planet, including the dinosaurs, before the current interglacial warming period we find ourselve in right now?

Because they, the authors of the Bible, simply were not aware they existed. So God must not have been the author or it didn't create the dinosaurs.

I hope you are joking.

Hey all I'm asking for is a couple of pages devoted to the false starts the Supreme Being made with life on this planet. Not a page for every lifeform every to have evolved here....opps, I mean that it created here......

Nothing.

I think this is sufficiently dumbed down for you to comprehend:

"What is interesting is that this extensive list includes three animals that we no longer recognize. These three are (in the original Hebrew language) tanniyn, b@hemowth (yes, it’s spelled correctly—at least as close as we can get in Roman characters), and livyathan.
Although we alter the spelling of behemoth and Leviathan slightly, we still use those same words in bibles today. However, tanniyn is always translated into another word when we write it in English. Tanniyn occurs 28 times in the Bible and is normally translated “dragon.” It is also translated “serpent,” “sea monster,” “dinosaur,” “great creature,” and “reptile.” Behemoth and Leviathan are relatively specific creatures, perhaps each was a single kind of animal. Tanniyn is a more general term, and it can be thought of as the original version of the word “dinosaur.” The word “dinosaur” was originally coined in 1841, more than three thousand years after the Bible first referred to “Tanniyn.” To make things clearer, we constructed the following table comparing the scientific names with the Biblical names tanniyn, behemoth, and Leviathan.

“Dinosaur” Names,
Then and NowName and date first written in the Bible
Scientific Name (best estimate) and date the name appeared:
Tanniyn (dragon)before 1400 BC
Dinosaur 1841 AD
Behemothbefore 1400 BC
Brachiosaurus 1903 AD
Leviathan: before 1400 BC
Kronosaurus 1901 AD

How we got these new names is interesting. In 1822, Mary Ann Mantell became the first person to discover and correctly identify a strange bone as part of a large, unknown reptile. Her husband, Dr. Gideon Mantell, later named this creature an “Iguanodon.” From that time forward, these forgotten animals were given names chosen by the people who rediscovered them. Of course, the Bible, written between approximately 1450 BC and 95 AD, does not include any of these names."
Dinosaurs and the Bible

WTF does "mentioning" have to do with MAN WALKING WITH DINOSAURS 6000 YEARS AGO?
Are you that stupid? Do you believe man walked with dinosaurs 6000 years ago or not?
Which is it? All you do is beat around the bush with BS.
The creation/ID side AND YOU fully support the teaching school kids that man walked with dinosaurs 6000 years ago. And that is FRAUD.
You may support fraud but stay STAY AWAY from any children with your fraud.

I hope you are joking.

Hey all I'm asking for is a couple of pages devoted to the false starts the Supreme Being made with life on this planet. Not a page for every lifeform every to have evolved here....opps, I mean that it created here......

God knew he was making a man-centered universe, those millions and billions of years with all those other animals and no humans he was just practicing with so when he made us we wouldn't go extinct.

Beg to differ...the experiments with fruit flies clearly show genetic mutation with subsequent changes do in fact happen. How do you explain no mention of Dinosaurs running around with Moses?

Is that a serious question?? :lol: I really hope not. Uh, maybe because dinosaurs were already extinct by the time Moses inhabited the planet? :cuckoo:

How come the authors of the Bible never mention the millions of years worth of life that existed on the planet, including the dinosaurs, before the current interglacial warming period we find ourselves in right now?

But it does,including the dinosaurs.
In the Septuagint in Genesis 1:20 it says reptiles.They are the very first creature mentioned before all the other animals. Then winged creatures.
In the Bible in Job:40:15 - 24
Look now at the behemoth,which I made along with you;
He eats grass like an ox.
His strength is in his hips,
And his power is in his stomach muscles.
He moves his tail like a cedar.
The sinews of his thighs are tightly knit
His bones are like beams of bronze. His ribs like bars of iron.
He is the first of the ways of God.
Only He who made him can bring near His sword. (Mankind could not kill him).
Sounds to me like a sauropod.

"
Reading the Bible carefully, you will realize that no living creature matches the descriptions of behemoth and Leviathan. However, if you grab your kid’s dinosaur book, you will notice several possible matches for each one. Let’s examine those.
ball4.jpg

• It “moves his tail like a cedar.” (In Hebrew, this literally reads, “he lets hang his tail like a cedar.”)
Some bibles and study bibles will translate the word “behemoth” as “elephant” or “hippopotamus.” Others will put a note at the edge or bottom of the page, stating that behemoth was probably an elephant or a hippopotamus. Although an elephant or hippopotamus can eat grass (or lie in a covert of reeds and marsh), neither an elephant or a hippopotamus has a “tail like a cedar” (that is, a tail like a large, tapered tree trunk). In your kid’s dinosaur book you will find lots of animals that have “tails like a cedar.”

"
We would expect behemoth to be a large land animal whose bones are like beams of bronze and so forth, so whatever a behemoth is, it is large. A key phrase is “He is the first of the ways of God.” This phrase in the original Hebrew implied that behemoth was the biggest animal created. Although an elephant or a hippopotamus are big, they are less than one-tenth the size of a Brachiosaurus, the largest (complete) dinosaur ever discovered.[1] A Brachiosaurus could therefore easily be described as “the first of the ways of God.”
Comparing all this information to the description in your kid’s dinosaur book, you may come to the conclusion that “behemoth” is not a normal animal, it is a dinosaur—the brachiosaurus. We agree with that conclusion! "
Dinosaurs and the Bible

Actually we don't really know what dinosaurs looked like. All we have a fosselized remains that are 65 Million years old or older. Are you trying to say that whomever wrote the Bible actually lived with and saw real dinosaurs?

How come the authors of the Bible never mention the millions of years worth of life that existed on the planet, including the dinosaurs, before the current interglacial warming period we find ourselves in right now?

In the Septuagint in Genesis 1:20 it says reptiles.They are the very first creature mentioned before all the other animals. Then winged creatures.

The sword he made him with are the elephant's tusks, elephants inhabited the area around the Euphrates at this time.

I don't think Job lived before the last Ice Age. (or 65 million years ago when the last sauropod was alive). Nice try though. Does the Bible mention why the Supreme Being let them all die?

"
ball4.jpg

"
Dinosaurs and the Bible

Actually we don't really know what dinosaurs looked like. All we have a fosselized remains that are 65 Million years old or older. Are you trying to say that whomever wrote the Bible actually lived with and saw real dinosaurs?

You're not very bright are you? She wasn't saying that at all, but I'm guessing by this point, it's not worth explaining to you.

"
ball4.jpg

"
Dinosaurs and the Bible

I'm saying that some dinosaurs did.
Here is a picture of a stegosaurus carving at the temples at Angkor. They were a race known as the Khmer;
$stegasaurus.jpg
There are several carvings in South America also.

Enormous animal, has "swords", eats grass, tough skin, lived in the area, makes a point to talk about the "nose", has a tail, seems pretty obvious that the author is talking about an elephant.

Enormous animal, has "swords", eats grass, tough skin, lived in the area, makes a point to talk about the "nose", has a tail, seems pretty obvious that the author is talking about an elephant.

Mankind could kill the elephant and an elephant does not have a tail that moves like a cedar tree. An elephant has a small tail.
Has swords? tough skin? It does not say that.

They said "moves like" not "is as big as" - there's a difference.

I can hold a piece of small rope and make it "move like" a cedar tree.

You haven't proven that size was the point of the reference.

Forum List

Back