The Cup of Stanley 10-11

1000x500px-LL-ee288a2d_kreiter_bruins-statues9_met__1306950767_0000.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAnsygPoIiY]YouTube - ‪Bruins Hockey Rules Bear Victory Dance‬‏[/ame]

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Now that's a "Stymie"

8-1 is better than 4-0

For everyone except the goalie. And I could care less about his stat atm. :p

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Tonight, the Bruins DOMINATED. They've beaten the crap out of the Canucks (and especially Luongo) two games in a row now, and the momentum has shifted entirely to the Bruins. Tim Thomas has been a superstar between the pipes all series long- I don't expect that to change. Luongo has shown himself to be all too human again tonight. If Luongo gives up an early goal in game 5, I'd expect another blowout. He is a great goalie, but when he gets his confidence shaken, he crashes harder than a teenager with a valium and a fifth of Southern Comfort.

Whichever teams wins, it is nice to see such an exciting series. Lovin' it!

This is all about the goalies. Thomas is standing on his head and everything is going in on Luongo. Vancouver has outshout Boston in both games in Boston. The game was decided in the second period in both games. And in both games, in the first two periods, Vancouver outshot Boston 28-21 in the first game and 25-18 in the second, but were outscored 7-0 combined.

This is all about the goalies. Thomas is standing on his head and everything is going in on Luongo. Vancouver has outshout Boston in both games in Boston. The game was decided in the second period in both games. And in both games, in the first two periods, Vancouver outshot Boston 28-21 in the first game and 25-18 in the second, but were outscored 7-0 combined.

Shots that are taken from the blue line that go straight into Tim Thomas' glove are not going to win games. Hockey is about "scoring opportunities" not just "shots on goal". In both games in Boston, the Bruins had more scoring opportunities and they capitalized on those opportunities. Yes, Vancouver took a lot of shots, most were not legitimate scoring opportunities.

Shots that are taken from the blue line that go straight into Tim Thomas' glove are not going to win games. Hockey is about "scoring opportunities" not just "shots on goal". In both games in Boston, the Bruins had more scoring opportunities and they capitalized on those opportunities. Yes, Vancouver took a lot of shots, most were not legitimate scoring opportunities.

Two of those seven goals by Boston were soft floaters from the blue line that deflected off sticks into the net. Two other goals weren't shots but were deflections right in front of the net that were passes into the slot, the second goal in the first game which was an "own goal" by Burrows (or was it Kesler?) and then the fourth goal, which was fired across from the boards and deflected off a skate. Those are the types of goals that are going for Boston. None of those are really "scoring opportunities." And there was the goal when in the first game the defenseman broke his stick, leaving the Bruin in all alone. They've had some nice goals as well. The third goal in both games were nice - the first was on a nice shorthanded opportunity, and the second on good work behind the goal line. Boston has worked hard, has turned the puck over less and have taken their chances, so they deserved the wins. But the scoreline is flattering, and Boston isn't overwhelming Vancouver in scoring chances.

Last edited:
I blame Luongo. He is a freakin' sieve. 7 goals on 23 shots. Is that a record? I've seen pee wee games with better goaltending stats. He's stinking up the place! :lol: Seriously, he has a confidence problem.......

I blame Luongo. He is a freakin' sieve. 7 goals on 23 shots. Is that a record? I've seen pee wee games with better goaltending stats. He's stinking up the place! :lol: Seriously, he has a confidence problem.......

And I think these last two games have shaken it dramatically.

Luongo is a great goalie who played very well in the first two games. Now the series is down to the best of three games, two of which are in Vancouver. I am so happy the Bruins brought the series back to even, but we have a LOT more hockey to be played yet.

:eusa_pray:

All I can say is that Tim Thomas seems to be channeling Ken Dryden in his Stanley Cup debut and I am really looking forward to see if the Bruins will continue the same aggressive play after the long trip back to Vancouver.

What a series. Wow did Boston change the momentum and give themselves and edge.

They woke the sleeping bear with that hit on Horton...

If the B's take game 5 in Vancouver, game 6 in Boston is going to be AWESOME!

It did seem to be the game changer. A home win is always nice. I saw the Devils win at home years ago.

Forum List

Back