The Cup of Stanley 10-11

I blame Luongo. He is a freakin' sieve. 7 goals on 23 shots. Is that a record? I've seen pee wee games with better goaltending stats. He's stinking up the place! :lol: Seriously, he has a confidence problem.......

And I think these last two games have shaken it dramatically.

He also had two very bad games against the Blackhawks, who blew them out in those games in the first series. So he's been through this before.

He DOES have to play better. Because if he doesn't, Boston will win.

I blame Luongo. He is a freakin' sieve. 7 goals on 23 shots. Is that a record? I've seen pee wee games with better goaltending stats. He's stinking up the place! :lol: Seriously, he has a confidence problem.......

He also had two very bad games against the Blackhawks, who blew them out in those games in the first series. So he's been through this before.

they should put him in for the next game, his backup was a damn wall!

Just win, baby! :D

55de3b_bruis2_06012011.jpg

kreiter_bruins-statues6_met__1306951196_2553.gif

:clap2:

they should put him in for the next game, his backup was a damn wall!

I heard on the radio this morning that Luongo is starting tonight.

I don’t think he’s lying this time. Vancouver Canucks coach Alain Vigneault said Thursday that he would start goaltender Roberto Luongo against the Boston Bruins on Friday night in Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Final.

“You can bet on that,” he said.

Of course, Vigneault said he would start Luongo against the Chicago Blackhawks in Game 6 of their first-round series, and he didn’t do it. He benched Luongo and gave Cory Schneider a surprise start under circumstances that seemed, at least on the surface, very similar to the ones the Canucks face now.

The Canucks had been outscored over two games then, 12-2; they have been outscored over two games now, 12-1. Vigneault had pulled Luongo in back-to-back games against the ‘Hawks; he pulled him last game against the Bruins and could have – should have – pulled him the game before that.

No kidding this time: Luongo starting Game 5 - NHL - Yahoo! Sports

The only problem is that Luongo is in large part the reason they won the first 2 games. Yes, he's been crap the past couple of games....but he's gotten you to what is now a best-of-3 Finals, do you put in the backup at this point? Playing well in relief is not the same as playing well as the starter.

Either way, whoever starts in goal, the team in front of them needs to play better. With Thomas playing as well as he is Vancouver can't allow Boston many chances.

Of course he's going to start Luongo.

Ya dance with the one that brung ya.

True dat!

We should have a hard hitting and very close game tonight. I expect Luongo to show up with a vengeance. Both teams want this and they are very well matched. I would not be surprised if we see another 1-0 game.
GO BRUINS!!!

And that was a blanking of the Bruins. Onward to the hive ho... :razz:

Crap! These guys are giving me a cardiac!

Vancouver has won 15 games in the playoffs, 11 by one goal, 3 by two goals, one of which included an empty-netter.

Virtually every win is fricking nerve-wracking!

Last edited:
Crap! These guys are giving me a cardiac!

Vancouver has won 15 games in the playoffs, 11 by one goal, 3 by two goals, one of which included an empty-netter.

Virtually every win is fricking nerve-wracking!

Ever has this been their way. You can change the entire team and ownership and this still happens. I've been there for both drives to the Cup.

Go figure. :razz:

USA USA

Hockey is Kanadsas entire PATHETIC existence,

Best QB you efver had was Warren Moon in the CFL for a couple of years

Forum List

Back