The customer said "What's that got to do with me?"

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
Today I recommended the customer change a part, he got all pissed off because the unit is only a few years old.

"This unit is only a couple years old, why did it fail ? !!! "

Finally I got pissed off and said "A lot of parts are made in China now"

It's your machine you dumb sht.

Does he really believe companies are going to eat the cost of cheaply made parts?

You don't give a crap what politicians do, ...don't care that companies build their products with cheap junk out of China.
Now it's time to pull out your wallet and pay.

He Said "So I have to replace something every 2 years?"

yep...maybe. That's what gots to do with you

If an employee representative of a company told me that I would tell them to stop selling junk and using the old made in China excuse and never shop there again. It's basically the company telling you they can rip you off because they sell junk instead of products they can stand behind.

The Chinese are well capable of making quality products, good luck finding that supplier though.

Today I recommended the customer change a part, he got all pissed off because the unit is only a few years old.

Does he really believe companies are going to eat the cost of cheaply made parts?

You don't give a crap what politicians do, ...don't care that companies build their products with cheap junk out of China.

This depends on the unit in question and if the company has the correct warranty program.

And actually many parts are made in China and are assembled in Mexico..

Just like most car parts these days.

If an employee representative of a company told me that I would tell them to stop selling junk and using the old made in China excuse and never shop there again. It's basically the company telling you they can rip you off because they sell junk instead of products they can stand behind.

If it was a fellow far left drone you would be ok with them telling you that, so do not lie!

What brand was that? I'll be sure never to buy it.

The problem in America is the consumer, not the company. If a company makes "whatever" with quality parts, the thing may last eight or ten years, but nobody will buy the thing because of cost.

Years ago I switched from American cars to Japanese. Why? Because American cars kept breaking down. When I owned my last American car, my mechanic drove it more than I did after 35,000 miles. He's the one that told me how great Toyota was and why. Instead of them putting money into union labor, they put their money into quality parts and engineering. My "former" mechanic was correct. I've owned two Toyota's since then and neither have ever seen a tow truck. My current car has 93,000 miles on it.

When the American consumer decides that quality is more important than price, that's when things will change in this country. More American made goods and more American jobs.

/---/ except people want the cheap made in China price with the made in USA high quality.

The problem in America is the consumer, not the company. If a company makes "whatever" with quality parts, the thing may last eight or ten years, but nobody will buy the thing because of cost.

Years ago I switched from American cars to Japanese. Why? Because American cars kept breaking down. When I owned my last American car, my mechanic drove it more than I did after 35,000 miles. He's the one that told me how great Toyota was and why. Instead of them putting money into union labor, they put their money into quality parts and engineering. My "former" mechanic was correct. I've owned two Toyota's since then and neither have ever seen a tow truck. My current car has 93,000 miles on it.

When the American consumer decides that quality is more important than price, that's when things will change in this country. More American made goods and more American jobs.
I still have a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country mini van with 140,000 miles. Runs great. Maybe I just got lucky.

I worked for years in heavy industry and manufacturing.

The best equipment, and high quality replacement parts that could stand up to industrial demands, were made in America, Germany, and Japan.

We never used anything made in China or India because it was cheap junk and wouldn't last very long. ..... :cool:

What kind of part and what brand.
I'm a firm believer in the customer is always right.
If they keep coming back over and over abusing that policy, then, maybe not.

I still have a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country mini van with 140,000 miles. Runs great. Maybe I just got lucky.
My last truck was Chevy and i drove it over 150k miles.. I now have Ford truck with 225K miles on it.. I sure wished they lasted that long in the 1960's-1990'S.

I worked for years in heavy industry and manufacturing.

The best equipment, and high quality replacement parts that could stand up to industrial demands, were made in America, Germany, and Japan.

We never used anything made in China or India because it was cheap junk and wouldn't last very long. ..... :cool:
I did electronics in manufacturing and the best frequency motor controls used to be US now it's Sweden..

I did electronics in manufacturing and the best frequency motor controls used to be US now it's Sweden..
Sweden manufactors high quality products, but the cost of their products is usually sky high. ..... :cool:
Yeah they are, yet many of the US made stuff broke down or you couldn't get replacement parts. They were going so far as putting colored silicon on top of the components on the circuit board to keep us techs from knowing the values of the components to replace or repair..They wanted us to send in the boards for repair at their desired locations..

Yeah they are, yet many of the US made stuff broke down or you couldn't get replacement parts. They were going so far as putting colored silicon on top of the components on the circuit board to keep us techs from knowing the values of the components to replace or repair..They wanted us to send in the boards for repair at their desired locations..
Most likely made in China, relabeled, and then sold as made in America. ..... :cool:

Forum List

Back