The customer said "What's that got to do with me?"

If an employee representative of a company told me that I would tell them to stop selling junk and using the old made in China excuse and never shop there again. It's basically the company telling you they can rip you off because they sell junk instead of products they can stand behind.

All because ol wild bill and shrub 1 pushed china trade and nafta and you voted for it.

If an employee representative of a company told me that I would tell them to stop selling junk and using the old made in China excuse and never shop there again. It's basically the company telling you they can rip you off because they sell junk instead of products they can stand behind.

All because ol wild bill and shrub 1 pushed china trade and nafta and you voted for it.
I didn't vote for it. I hated it when Nixon and Kissinger started that crap back in the 70's. Still hate it. Pisses me off that it is so difficult to find American made stuff.

Today I recommended the customer change a part, he got all pissed off because the unit is only a few years old.

"This unit is only a couple years old, why did it fail ? !!! "

Finally I got pissed off and said "A lot of parts are made in China now"

It's your machine you dumb sht.

Does he really believe companies are going to eat the cost of cheaply made parts?

You don't give a crap what politicians do, ...don't care that companies build their products with cheap junk out of China.
Now it's time to pull out your wallet and pay.

He Said "So I have to replace something every 2 years?"

yep...maybe. That's what gots to do with you

The problem in America is the consumer, not the company. If a company makes "whatever" with quality parts, the thing may last eight or ten years, but nobody will buy the thing because of cost.

Years ago I switched from American cars to Japanese. Why? Because American cars kept breaking down. When I owned my last American car, my mechanic drove it more than I did after 35,000 miles. He's the one that told me how great Toyota was and why. Instead of them putting money into union labor, they put their money into quality parts and engineering. My "former" mechanic was correct. I've owned two Toyota's since then and neither have ever seen a tow truck. My current car has 93,000 miles on it.

When the American consumer decides that quality is more important than price, that's when things will change in this country. More American made goods and more American jobs.
I still have a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country mini van with 140,000 miles. Runs great. Maybe I just got lucky.
You did. Chrysler is the company with the worst record for quality.

Today I recommended the customer change a part, he got all pissed off because the unit is only a few years old.

Does he really believe companies are going to eat the cost of cheaply made parts?

You don't give a crap what politicians do, ...don't care that companies build their products with cheap junk out of China.

The problem in America is the consumer, not the company. If a company makes "whatever" with quality parts, the thing may last eight or ten years, but nobody will buy the thing because of cost.

Years ago I switched from American cars to Japanese. Why? Because American cars kept breaking down. When I owned my last American car, my mechanic drove it more than I did after 35,000 miles. He's the one that told me how great Toyota was and why. Instead of them putting money into union labor, they put their money into quality parts and engineering. My "former" mechanic was correct. I've owned two Toyota's since then and neither have ever seen a tow truck. My current car has 93,000 miles on it.

When the American consumer decides that quality is more important than price, that's when things will change in this country. More American made goods and more American jobs.
I still have a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country mini van with 140,000 miles. Runs great. Maybe I just got lucky.

Luck has nothing to do with it , you took care of it.

It is also 'illogical' for a company to dedicate themselves to creating / building parts / products that LAST. They make their money by selling their products. Making them last 'forever' means they are putting themselves in a hole / out of business.

I hear a lot of people - older people - say trucks, for example, used to be made to last. They were. My dad owned a green farm truck - the sucker was built like a tank and lasted for over 20 years through some of the roughest use I have seen. There are not many - if any - made that way any more, especially compared to the cost back then.

We don't even make our own rocket and missile motors anymore thanks to Bill Clinton and Barak Obama.
China and Russia make them for us.

It is also 'illogical' for a company to dedicate themselves to creating / building parts / products that LAST. They make their money by selling their products. Making them last 'forever' means they are putting themselves in a hole / out of business.

I hear a lot of people - older people - say trucks, for example, used to be made to last. They were. My dad owned a green farm truck - the sucker was built like a tank and lasted for over 20 years through some of the roughest use I have seen. There are not many - if any - made that way any more, especially compared to the cost back then.
/---/ Not only that, but you could work on them yourself. One reason that green truck lasted so long is that your Dad could do most of the maintenance on it himself. They were simple basic machines. Today's trucks need to be serviced by the dealer and when the gadgets start to go, it's too expensive to get them fixed, So you trade them in. I believe the Check Engine light has generated more money for dealers than any option ever could.

We had a customer service meeting at work in the late 90's. A consultant came in and our entire department attended. At one point the instructor asked for examples of good customer service. So Manny raises his hand and when called upon told of a broken Sears Craftsman electric drill he bought at a garage sale for $5. He said he then took it to Sears and they replaced it with a new one. Manny was one of a kind.

We had a customer service meeting at work in the late 90's. A consultant came in and our entire department attended. At one point the instructor asked for examples of good customer service. So Manny raises his hand and when called upon told of a broken Sears Craftsman electric drill he bought at a garage sale for $5. He said he then took it to Sears and they replaced it with a new one. Manny was one of a kind.
/----/ I worked part time at Sears back in the day and there was a parade of folks walking in with worn out Sears small appliances and tools who walked out with new ones no questions asked. One reason they are going out of business.

With American made cars, it's a hit or miss thing. I had a T-Bird that was great, but that was back in the early 90s.

As a person who made many deliveries to UAW plants, I can tell you those workers were worthless. In fact their "I don't give a shit" attitude had to do with the crummy cars they made.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

China products are worthless JUNK, even Taiwan is marginal because so much of "Made in Taiwan" is now partially made in China and assembled in Taiwan.

I recently purchased a pressure washer for $1,000, as residential pressure washers go at the top of the price range. The frame was welded so crooked the handle could not be installed, FAIL right out of the box. Classic China they knowingly ship defective products they don't care.

Luck has nothing to do with it , you took care of it.
True, and still do.

Never Mind and You Will Never Matter

Don't blame the victim for his apathy. In a free country, the common man would be allowed a referendum to outlaw outsourcing. Treason is not a property right.

Your customer wasn't able to tell you what motivated his covering up his humiliation by claiming he wasn't affected by the transnationalist corporate vipers. If he were allowed to think about it, he would have agreed with you but said we couldn't do anything about it.

The Roman poet Juvenal coined the phrase "bread and circuses." But he drew an illogical and anti-democratic moral of the story, just like you did. I had always thought the phrase attacked the devious tactics the Roman elitists used to control the people, but Juvenal was attacking the powerless plebeians themselves for escapist self-indulgence, when in reality they, just like us, were offered no other choice.

/----/ My war story is while I was at a chain tire store getting new tires there was a guy there with a three year old Jaguar. He needed brakes and demanded they use the cheapest pads they sold. The service manager explained they were not designed for his heavy car and he really needed to go to the dealer for OEM brakes, The guy was irate and insisted they install the advertised $29 brake pads. The SM refused and said the shop would be liable if the brakes failed, the guy stormed off and drove his car out peeling rubber. The SM said out loud, the guy spends $80 grand on a car and wants the brake pads designed for a Kia.

Last edited:
With American made cars, it's a hit or miss thing. I had a T-Bird that was great, but that was back in the early 90s.

As a person who made many deliveries to UAW plants, I can tell you those workers were worthless. In fact their "I don't give a shit" attitude had to do with the crummy cars they made.

In high school (Avon Lake) I heard rumor about workers sabotaging the Ford plant in Lorain where at the time they were assembling the Torino. Story was that after so many hours working a shift if the line went down the workers were sent home with a full shift's pay. Rumor had it that it was commonplace for the line to crash each Friday just after it hit that time to be off-early-to-the-bar mark.

Ford shut the plant down ages ago.

In high school (Avon Lake) I heard rumor about workers sabotaging the Ford plant in Lorain where at the time they were assembling the Torino. Story was that after so many hours working a shift if the line went down the workers were sent home with a full shift's pay. Rumor had it that it was commonplace for the line to crash each Friday just after it hit that time to be off-early-to-the-bar mark.

Ford shut the plant down ages ago.
/---/ My friend grew up in Ireland and talked about the MG and Triumph plants the GB. He said any sunny, warm Friday afternoon, the workers would call a strike, shut down the plant then head off to the Pubs.

Forum List

Back