The Daily Show Destroys Fox News pundits who whine about minimum wage strikers

Really? Conscience has no place in the 'free market'? Then why is child/teenage prostitution illegal?

There's certainly a lucrative 'market' for it.

because it is economically unwise to deal with the consequences :rolleyes:

And what is that supposed to mean? If a high school girl wanted to work parttime as a hooker,

why not, if there's a market for it?

Children don't have the same rights as adults. They aren't entitled to make all their own decisions. That's been a basic principle of law and ethics for thousands of years.

Pssst....

Hey bed wetters, the daily show is a comedy. It's like MSNBC only entertaining. Otherwise it's all bullshit.

they don't know it. they think it is a legitimate news progrm :lol:

:lol: You think Fox is legit news..:lol: Big funny. I get more REAL NEWS from the daily show than foxtards.
Well, thanks for clearing that up. I was puzzled about a few things about you, but that answers all of the questions I had.

Usually when the minimum wage is increased it is a token gesture to the nuts demanding an increase. This is because all but a very small percentage of the jobs will already be at or above the new minimum wage anyway. A large increase to the minimum wage would be very destructive causing an increase in unemployment and hyperinflation.

BINGO!

The lefties never want to raise it higher than slightly above the market rate for entry level labor. That's because they do understand that the laws of supply and demand do apply to labor, despite appearances to the contrary.

dude, you even can not comprehend how stupid you are?

you named an entertainment comedy show to be a news program :lol:

And what would you call the Fox shows that the Daily Show was making fun of?

A bunch of 6 and 7 figure know-nothings sitting around blaming the world's woes on people making 8 bucks an hour...

...is that news? Or is that just entertainment for the haters?

I don't watch either. but the morons claiming the comedy entertainment with a clearly biased tilt to be NEWS program is beyond stupidity

The Daily Show does editorial commentary on the news. Which is what Fox and MSNBC and a few other so-called cable news channels are doing in about 80% of their programming.

because it is economically unwise to deal with the consequences :rolleyes:

And what is that supposed to mean? If a high school girl wanted to work parttime as a hooker,

why not, if there's a market for it?

Children don't have the same rights as adults. They aren't entitled to make all their own decisions. That's been a basic principle of law and ethics for thousands of years.

Yes, but those principles are imposed in direct conflict with the 'free market'. Those are principles of conscience,

or as some might call it, principles of the greater good, being imposed.

People who reflexively spout out 'FREE MARKET!!!' in any minimum wage debate, with the implication that the free market holds some sort of unassailable high ground of principle,

are denying the principles of conscience, and ethics, and morality, and the greater good. They are wrong in their assumptions that for some reason the 'free market' should be a trump card that takes all other arguments.

Last edited:
And what would you call the Fox shows that the Daily Show was making fun of?

A bunch of 6 and 7 figure know-nothings sitting around blaming the world's woes on people making 8 bucks an hour...

...is that news? Or is that just entertainment for the haters?

I don't watch either. but the morons claiming the comedy entertainment with a clearly biased tilt to be NEWS program is beyond stupidity

The Daily Show does editorial commentary on the news. Which is what Fox and MSNBC and a few other so-called cable news channels are doing in about 80% of their programming.

repeating the third time - claiming the biased entertainment program as the source of the news is beyond stupidity.
but libtards need "somebody" to explain what they are supposed to think, so it is not surprising :lol:

I saw a lady on MSNBC (of course) this morning complaining that you can't support a family on minimum wage.

Well no shit. Is that what you really think it's supposed to do?

We'll probably end up having to raise it though, our culture is pumping out more and more people who think they're entitled to it. Quality of work irrelelvant, just pay me what I want.

dear gawd, does the shallow get any more shallow?

daily show destroys fox news over wtf?...minimum wage strikers? are we supposed to be IMPRESSED over some idiots walking off their jobs demanding some OUTRAGEOUS PAY for a job monkeys can do? lol

holy shit the YAWN...this country is in trouble this IS what people find IMPORTANT

Remind us how much your job as a lunchlady pays??

lolol

am I out striking? started at a little more wage as these fast food idiots did...9.50 cents hour and I worked IN A SCHOOL, worked up to a Baker after two years and more pay...so what's your ignorant point? I also worked another job ON WEEKENDS so I could live the lifestyle I wanted...no bellyaching about poor me or going on welfare and living off the backs of hateful people (taxpayers) such of yourself

Last edited:
Since only about 3% of all workers make the federal minimum wage this entire "outrage" is naught but a tempest in a teapot.

If you make minimum wage you are doing the job a high school kid should be doing.

A high school kid should be in school.

The purpose of a minimum wage is to keep business from exploiting labor. Business has no conscience; it has to be imposed on business by those who do.

Correct.

And the type of work an American does or how much he makes has nothing to do with his right to organize, demand more pay, or better working conditions.

At some point we will be so crushed by universal minimum wage that we will have to do what other countries have done and that is move to minimum wage categories.

The minimum wage peaked in 1968, adjusted for inflation.

Everyone who is complaining about the minimum wage going higher and higher is doing so as the minimum wage goes lower and lower.

97% of all earners make more than the federal minimum wage so what's your point?

If you make minimum wage you are doing the job a high school kid should be doing.

The purpose of a minimum wage is to keep business from exploiting labor. Business has no conscience; it has to be imposed on business by those who do.

All high school kid should have a job.

It builds character, responsibility, and teaches them how to handle money.

Everyone I knew had jobs from the time they were 15. I was delivering papers at 8 years old by the time I was 12 I had one of the biggest routes in town.

I learned a lot about running a business from that paper route.

Several of my friends and i worked nearly 40 hours a week our junior and senior years. I saved 80% of that money for college and still managed to graduate in the top 10%

So there is no reason for a high school kid not to have a job.

Correct.

And the type of work an American does or how much he makes has nothing to do with his right to organize, demand more pay, or better working conditions.

true, but it also gives the employer a right to fire them for doing it if it's on their property and disrupting their business...as long as they can live with that, no problem demand away...ask for 100 bucks a hour, two hour lunches, etc etc

Last edited:
Totally wipes out the fools who think workers should be grateful for the current minimum wage.

The minimum wage harms the most vulnerable citizens. Only a cruel fuck would support it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca8Z__o52sk]Milton Friedman on Minimum Wage - YouTube[/ame]

Totally wipes out the fools who think workers should be grateful for the current minimum wage.

The minimum wage harms the most vulnerable citizens. Only a cruel fuck would support it.

I agree with you in principle, but here's the problem: This country has spent a great deal of energy over the last few decades lowering standards and expectations, across the board, and the predictable damage from that naive strategy is now coming full circle:

Confident Idiots: American Students Growing More Confident, Less Capable

We've literally created an under-educated, under-motivated, under-discplined, under-qualified underclass that literally can't handle much more than the responsibilities of a minimum wage job -- we were too worried about hurting their "feelings" and artificially boosting their "self esteem". So now we either have to artificially support them through public assistance, minimum wage, or some combination therein.

I'm not a fan of this entitlement mentality either, but we have essentially fucked over a full generation of kids now, and I don't know what else to do for them. An apology doesn't seem adequate, and it's not necessarily their fault that their country and its decaying culture let them down so badly.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back