The Daily Show Destroys Fox News pundits who whine about minimum wage strikers

they don't know it. they think it is a legitimate news progrm :lol:

:lol: You think Fox is legit news..:lol: Big funny. I get more REAL NEWS from the daily show than foxtards.

And there lies the problem.

You said it yourself.

You really don't listen to reality. You prefer fantasy and comedy. Nobody fact checks the Daily Show because that would be ridiculous. Everyone knows it's a warped version of the news.......except you and others like you.

Have you ever watched it? Jon Stewart relies heavily on actual video, not opinions, punditry or the old saw "....some people say".

He has a very efficient crew of producers who know how to find video clips and juxtapose them against the current bullshit that the object of his derision has in the current 24-hour news cycle. It's simply brilliant.

I would suggest you watch the interview he had with Bill Kristol that I posted here. Stewart isn't kissing anybody's ass so he asks the questions that others won't touch.

If you make minimum wage you are doing the job a high school kid should be doing.

A high school kid should be in school.

The purpose of a minimum wage is to keep business from exploiting labor. Business has no conscience; it has to be imposed on business by those who do.

Sigh...it has NOTHING to do with "conscience", Carbineer. A free market economy sets the rate for what a job is worth just as a free market sets the price of what a burger is worth.

What people like you seem unable to grasp is that minimum wage jobs are by and large entry level jobs...jobs that people take who don't have marketable job skills or histories. They are not and should not be...jobs that one takes for a life time to support a family. I'm sorry but this notion that because you can't support yourself at a middle class level on an entry level job that it's "unfair" is ludicrous.

And for those of you out there that think The Daily Show is be all and end all for getting your news? If that IS where you're getting your news from then you are one ignorant person!

Minimum-wage jobs are intended for folks that don't have to support themselves. It's amazing how stupid the so-called 'smarter' political party is.

That's the big mystery that the retards on the left are allowing to escape them. Folks in the White House at least understand this, but they really don't want that simple fact becoming common knowledge. That would mean that they couldn't pull their Marxist BS on the low-information voters.

A prime example is the fact that most adults with families cannot get a job working at McDonald's because they only want to hire teenagers and one manager. It's essentially a starter job for someone who's never had a job before. The ones that can hang around to become managers are usually women that are married with a husband that has a steady income. I've applied at McDonald's and never even got a call-back. I'll have to wait till I'm in my 60s and 70s to be even considered.

Well, at least that's something to look forward to, if Obama hasn't driven them out of business by then.

Last edited:
:lol: You think Fox is legit news..:lol: Big funny. I get more REAL NEWS from the daily show than foxtards.

You said it yourself.

You really don't listen to reality. You prefer fantasy and comedy. Nobody fact checks the Daily Show because that would be ridiculous. Everyone knows it's a warped version of the news.......except you and others like you.

Have you ever watched it? Jon Stewart relies heavily on actual video, not opinions, punditry or the old saw "....some people say".

He has a very efficient crew of producers who know how to find video clips and juxtapose them against the current bullshit that the object of his derision has in the current 24-hour news cycle. It's simply brilliant.

I would suggest you watch the interview he had with Bill Kristol that I posted here. Stewart isn't kissing anybody's ass so he asks the questions that others won't touch.

I have watched it, and it is a show designed to entertain, not inform. That's why it's on a channel called "Comedy Central".

It's based on taking real-life situations and making fun of them through clever editing and witty commentary.

Last edited:
The fact that some people think things like The Daily Show and Colbert Report are actual real news sources is both funny and frightening as hell.

They are social commentary programs based in satire. Sometimes that's the best way to get the real news out there.

If you put credence into cable or network news, then you might as well be in North Korea listening to news about "Dear Leader" and how great life is north of the 39th parallel.

Comedy to illustrate facts. Love it.

I notice the usual ignernt fools have nothing worthwhile to add.

LOL

You said it yourself.

I have watched it, and it is a show designed to entertain, not inform.

Watch the Bill Kristol interview that I posted on this thread about healthcare for the military vs universal health care for Americans and tell me about how amused Kristol was.

You won't watch it, of course. You prefer to live in what Bill Maher calls "the Bubble".

The fact that some people think things like The Daily Show and Colbert Report are actual real news sources is both funny and frightening as hell.

They are social commentary programs based in satire. Sometimes that's the best way to get the real news out there.

If you put credence into cable or network news, then you might as well be in North Korea listening to news about "Dear Leader" and how great life is north of the 39th parallel.

FYI, if you tune into the MSM that's essentially what you're getting.

Where have you been?

Under a rock?

Comedy to illustrate facts. Love it.

I notice the usual ignernt fools have nothing worthwhile to add.

LOL

Of course they don't. They never watch his show. And if they did, most of them wouldn't get the sarcasm or the irony Stewart uses.

Actually it's John Oliver substituting this summer, but I can see Stewart's handiwork all over the show. He's telephoning stuff in from Egypt where he's working on his film.

FYI, if you tune into the MSM that's essentially what you're getting.

Where have you been?

Under a rock?

Cable and network IS the MSM, Cletus. Except cable is not bound by the same FCC regulations for journalism that the network channels are.

That's why Fox can bloviate and pass methane gas all over its viewers in the form of news.

MSNBC can too, but they have at least rebranded themselves as talk show and commentary rather than try to pass themselves off as a news bureau.

Last edited:

You said it yourself.

no, he does not.

it is his OPINION nothing more

dear gawd, does the shallow get any more shallow?

daily show destroys fox news over wtf?...minimum wage strikers? are we supposed to be IMPRESSED over some idiots walking off their jobs demanding some OUTRAGEOUS PAY for a job monkeys can do? lol

holy shit the YAWN...this country is in trouble this IS what people find IMPORTANT

Remind us how much your job as a lunchlady pays??

lolol

am I out striking? started at a little more wage as these fast food idiots did...9.50 cents hour and I worked IN A SCHOOL, worked up to a Baker after two years and more pay...so what's your ignorant point? I also worked another job ON WEEKENDS so I could live the lifestyle I wanted...no bellyaching about poor me or going on welfare and living off the backs of hateful people (taxpayers) such of yourself

I'm retired with TWO pensions, a home that's paid for, 2 cars that are paid for, and zero debt.

How are you doing, again??

You said it yourself.

Oh I prefer reality alright. I prefer actual news not foxtards take on it.

dude, you even can not comprehend how stupid you are?

you named an entertainment comedy show to be a news program :lol:
That shows how goofy fox news is...its not news its propaganda for republicans

Well, thanks for clearing that up. I was puzzled about a few things about you, but that answers all of the questions I had.
No problem

Oh for everyone else.

Fourteen Propaganda Techniques Fox "News" Uses to Brainwash Americans

Ya know Daily Show was the ONLY news show to talk about Ron Paul being omitted from the coverage of the Iowa Caucus results from the msm.

If you make minimum wage you are doing the job a high school kid should be doing.

A high school kid should be in school.

The purpose of a minimum wage is to keep business from exploiting labor. Business has no conscience; it has to be imposed on business by those who do.

All high school kid should have a job.

It builds character, responsibility, and teaches them how to handle money.

Everyone I knew had jobs from the time they were 15. I was delivering papers at 8 years old by the time I was 12 I had one of the biggest routes in town.

I learned a lot about running a business from that paper route.

Several of my friends and i worked nearly 40 hours a week our junior and senior years. I saved 80% of that money for college and still managed to graduate in the top 10%

So there is no reason for a high school kid not to have a job.

And back then the minimum wage was higher than it is now.

Almost as funny as those who think the The Daily Show and Colbert Report are news sources are those who can't tell the difference between talk show host and journalist example the cast of Fox and Friends and Sean Hannity are talk show host people like Ed Henry and James Rosen are journalist.

You're absolutely right!

Stewart is more of a journalist than Fox will ever by.

The only good thing about Fox (aside from their sports), is a good laugh.

Forum List

Back