The definition of a political hypocrite

Jim Carrey's career is over. I hope he socked something away for retirement because he is done. He wanted to make a sequel to Dumb and Dumber and couldn't find a studio to do it. This is just the final nail in his professional coffin.

The sequel has been confirmed. It will be distributed by Universal Pictures. I may disagree with him, but get your facts straight before pronouncing his career as over.

Jim Carrey's career is over. I hope he socked something away for retirement because he is done. He wanted to make a sequel to Dumb and Dumber and couldn't find a studio to do it. This is just the final nail in his professional coffin.

The sequel has been confirmed. It will be distributed by Universal Pictures. I may disagree with him, but get your facts straight before pronouncing his career as over.

Yes I see that now.

Jim Carrey's Dumb and Dumber To Rescued by Universal | E! Online

The switcheroo happened after Warner got cold feet on the heels of the box office bomb that was New Line's The Incredible Adventures of Burt Wonderstone

That might be Carrey's last film, appropriate to remember him by.

Studios don't care who is a hypocrite and who isn't. They just want actors to do what they are supposed to do including promote the film. An actor that refuses just won't find work any more just in case he has a belated attack of conscience later on.

Suuuuure you gave up on Hollywood and I bet you entertain yourself whiddling sticks or playing the banjo.

Well, lets see big shot....I haven't been to a movie in 15 years. The only Television I watch is 29 channels of cable. And yes, I whiddle sticks, play the Bass guitar, raise horses, cattle, pigs and chickens. I hunt and fish. I grow my own vegetables. My family is "self sustaining".

I will guess that that trumps your X-Box any day of the week and three times on Sunday.

You really whiddle sticks? You should look into getting yourself an X-Box. :tongue:

At my age (68) it would be wasted on me.......my kids play that crap. This (the internet) is usually my window to the world. Sad, but true. Up here in Montana, once chores are done, all there is left to do is hunt and fish. The freezer is full so I'm sitting here on my porch, looking at the most beautiful mountains on earth, next to a gorgeous lake with my Wife baking fresh bread in the house.

I spent my life going from embassy to embassy, consulate to consulate, war zone to war zone. I've pretty much been everywhere and done pretty much everything. I'm relaxing now. Life is good!

Last edited:
The definition of hypocriscy is anyone who says obama is doing better than bush

Suuuuure you gave up on Hollywood and I bet you entertain yourself whiddling sticks or playing the banjo.

Well, lets see big shot....I haven't been to a movie in 15 years. The only Television I watch is 29 channels of cable. And yes, I whiddle sticks, play the Bass guitar, raise horses, cattle, pigs and chickens. I hunt and fish. I grow my own vegetables. My family is "self sustaining".

I will guess that that trumps your X-Box any day of the week and three times on Sunday.

Don't be dissin my xbox. Lol

After work or yard work its a great escape with a couple beers. Mind you there is much more media available on it than my cable box.

Funny thing about the game machines....my GrandSon, for the most part a pretty cool kid, love those damn things - hell, you can rarely get him off of those "idiot boxes". Anyway, I asked him one day what he was playing and he tells me "Call of Duty". I said to him, "Damn, that's one violent game" and he says "YEAH!!"

So, I ask him, "So, when are you joining the Army?" He looks me dead in the eye and says "Never!! I don't want to get shot at!"

Kids.......

You really whiddle sticks? You should look into getting yourself an X-Box. :tongue:

At my age (68) it would be wasted on me.......my kids play that crap. This (the internet) is usually my window to the world. Sad, but true. Up here in Montana, once chores are done, all there is left to do is hunt and fish. The freezer is full so I'm sitting here on my porch, looking at the most beautiful mountains on earth, next to a gorgeous lake with my Wife baking fresh bread in the house.

I spent my life going from embassy to embassy, consulate to consulate, war zone to war zone. I've pretty much been everywhere and done pretty much everything. I'm relaxing now. Life is good!

You can hunt and fish on the X-Box too. Fresh air and sunlight is overrated. :cool:

It sounds like you have truly lived your life and still are.

Congrats.

A friend of mine who runs a trucking business is in his late 50's and believe it or not he gets on the xbox to game once and awhile. Besides that today's consoles offer a ton more to do than just game. My PS3 runs a program 24/7 when not being used that runs similation algorithms searching for a cure to cancer. It's tied into a college network so that millions of users can run programs that would take engineers years to accomplish. They even have web browsersnow.

Last edited:
Seems like Gramps wanted this to just be a Hollywood gripe fest and thought hypocrisy would fit

A friend of mine who runs a trucking business is in his late 50's and believe it or not he gets on the xbox to game once and awhile. Besides that today's consoles offer a ton more to do than just game. My PS3 runs a program 24/7 when not being used that runs similation algorithms searching for a cure to cancer. It's tied into a college network so that millions of users can run programs that would take engineers years to accomplish. They even have web browsersnow.

I have no doubt of that. This technologically minded world is moving fast and it changes rapidly. Sometimes too rapidly, but that's another story. Hell, I had one of the first computers (a TI99-A) way back in 1979-80. It was junk...but then, it was "something special".

Then I moved on to the dreaded Commodore 64 and then the Amiga. Loved those machines! Wish to hell they were still around!

My Wife tells me one day - Honey, this damn PC is screwed up again. I took it out, threw it into the lake and we headed off (for a different reason) to Denver. While there, we bought Apple IPhones, an IPad and a MacBook Pro 17. Been using Apple products ever since. Here's the rub.......I HATE HIPPIES!!!.......But I can't help but cop to the fact that the Apple products ARE superior to regular PCs......never thought Id say that, but there you go...

It sounds like you have truly lived your life and still are.

Congrats.

Thank you very much. I am the most fortunate person to inhabit this planet. If I died tonight, I would have few regrets. Thanks again!

jim carrey won't support his own movie; cites sandy hook | the buzz | www.accessatlanta.com

he was anti gun before he made millions making a movie about mass violence. He made millions of dollars off of that which he decries.

Pathetic. I will never pay to see another movie he is involved in.

oh noes!!

So you're ok with such blatent hypocrisy?

Personally, I call it cynical manipulation. How much promotion do you think he just got for the movie out of issuing press statements about how he refuses to promote it? Maybe more attention than he would have gotten just doing it the normal way? :eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back