Can your city strip you of your freedom of speech or freedom or religion? Yes or No, ignorant one?
My freedom of speech and religion is doing just fine.
Nobody asked that, stupid. Once again you run from the subject matter like a bitch. It’s a simple yes or no question. Why can’t you answer it?

Can your city strip you of your freedom of speech or freedom or religion? Yes or No?

It's a question that isn't an issue. I don't feel the worry about my freedom of speech or religion. I already laid it on the line so that even cretins like you have that right. Since I am not feeling threatened I don't feel the need to even ponder your question. But since you feel the need, you need to seek out help to ponder it.

Then rebutt what I say instead of this childish insulting.
I already did!!! Doezens of times. Right here in this very thread. One does not need to be a firearms dealer to own a fully automatic firearm. One only needs an NFA Stamp from the ATF. I have friends that own “machine guns”. I have fired them many, many times. None of us are firearms dealers. Idiot.

No you haven't. You just pop off with insults, nothing else. Hey, I may be an idiot, but I am a well educated and experience idiot. Now, take my most recent posts that you have so eloquently insulted and rebutt them. Go for it. Otherwise, just keep digging.

Under the Constitution, it's legal. IT's called States Rights and Due Process.
I literally cannot stop laughing at how stupid you are. You don’t even understand what “due process” means. :lmao:

Snowflake, “due process” means your right to the legal process spelled out in the U.S. Constitution for being charged and prosecuted. It doesn’t have anything to do with a state trampling on the U.S. Constitution.
You do know that you already lost this one, don't you.
Spoken like an immature leftist who just had their ass handed to them. :laugh:

I just can’t get over how dumb you are. It’s amazing. You Googled the FFL, and misused it in your arguments. Then you misused “due process” (which is fucking incredible). You don’t know how or where to apply these terms because you are so profoundly ignorant of them. Incredible.

Then prove me wrong. Insulting only proves you are ignorant.

Can your city strip you of your freedom of speech or freedom or religion? Yes or No, ignorant one?
Nobody asked that, stupid. Once again you run from the subject matter like a bitch. It’s a simple yes or no question. Why can’t you answer it?

Can your city strip you of your freedom of speech or freedom or religion? Yes or No?
It's a question that isn't an issue.
It’s exactly the issue. You claim that states have “states rights” to strip you of your constitutional rights when it comes to the 2nd Amendment (because you’re a certified pussy who is afraid of firearms). But when I apply that exact same other claims, you panic like a pussy (because it proves you are wrong).

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Then rebutt what I say instead of this childish insulting.
I already did!!! Doezens of times. Right here in this very thread. One does not need to be a firearms dealer to own a fully automatic firearm. One only needs an NFA Stamp from the ATF. I have friends that own “machine guns”. I have fired them many, many times. None of us are firearms dealers. Idiot.

Wow, I missed that. None of us are Firearms Dealers you say, yet a few messages ago, you claimed to be a FFL dealer. Now you aren't. Danged, you tell so many lies, you can't even keep them all straight anymore.

I don't feel the worry about my freedom of speech or religion.
I didn’t ask whether or not you “felt worried” about your “freedom of speech or freedom of religion”. Everyone can see why you’re so afraid to answer this question right now. Running from it is making it SO much worse for you. You should have taken the issue head on. Now everyone knows you’re wrong (and a disingenuous pussy).

Can your city strip you of your freedom of speech or freedom or religion? Yes or No? I mean, they have “State’s Rights” according to you. :laugh:

It's a question that isn't an issue.
It’s exactly the issue. You claim that states have “states rights” to strip you of your constitutional rights when it comes to the 2nd Amendment (because you’re a certified pussy who is afraid of firearms). But when I apply that exact same other claims, you panic like a pussy (because it proves you are wrong).

They don't feel the need and I don't feel the need to worry about it. Could it be that you are just a trouble maker where you are from and you have over stepped your bounderies?

None of us are Firearms Dealers you say, yet a few messages ago, you claimed to be a FFL dealer.
I did?!? Really? Please post the post # for the class so everyone can see it.

Hate to break it to you, it's not that important to anyone else but you. I won't bother wading through your other 44,500 messages to find it. But, rest assured, enough know that it's there. You been busted, cupcake.

They don't feel the need and I don't feel the need to worry about it.
But again...nobody asked you whether or not your city “felt the need” to strip freedom of speech and/or freedom of religion rights or whether or not you “felt the need” to worry about it.

When you provide answers to questions that weren’t asked, you prove that you’re desperate to change the subject. Why are you so desperate to change the subject here?

Can your city strip you of your freedom of speech or freedom or religion? Yes or No? I mean, they have “State’s Rights” according to you. :laugh:

The 2nd Amendment can be definitively paraphrased thus: The individual states have a right to defend themselves through maintenance of state militias. That being said, the Declaration of Independence acknowledges that individuals have an inalienable right to protect themselves. Unless/until the government can guarantee their personal safety, individuals have an inherent right to defend themselves by any reasonable means.

P.S. I don't give a shit how some judge "interprets" the plain language of these documents.
Wow...I don’t know where you plucked that BS paraphrasing from, certainly was not from the second amendment. That’s just you inserting what you want the 2nd amendment to mean.

It’s funny you should say you don’t give a shit how some judge interprets the text, because your interpretation is so far off base. Ivy League constitutional law professors who are in favor of heavy gun control and outright bans think your interpretation is shit. What they say is repeal the 2nd and institute the gun control measures you want.

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

Let’s start with the militia line. The militia was necessary because the founders worried about hostile coups and takeovers from a standing army, which they were against during peacetime. You know, the coups that we’re constantly happening during their time, all throughout history, and even currently today. Or the federal government could just use standing armies to bully the citizens into what they wanted to do, again like they saw around the world during their time, history, and in modern times. This is why the militia was necessary to the security of a free state. The militias were led by local leaders elected by the local people’s in their respective region. States could call upon their militias in times of need, but militias were still independently run entities. This is why they were terrible against other standing armies, like Great Britain during the revolutionary war, because it was like herding cats in and aiming them at an army that operated as a single unit. Now, what would happen if east Virginia passed a law that screwed over western Virginia, and western Virginia said f-that? The state could try to call upon the miltias from western Virginia to enforce their will, but they, being the people of western Virginia are the very same ones saying f-that, our militia will fight against your eastern militia if you send em. The militias were a check on power, both to the states and the federal government. A check that will make these Governments think twice before passing law that the people wouldn’t like. That’s the whole domestic part of the phrase “enemies foreign and domestic”. The foreign part is in times of invasion, the militias were to act as a stop gap, and hold off invasions as best as possible until a standing army could be raised up. It was recognized at the time that militias were terrible against other standing armies, but they could still slow them down. And if you’re trying to dance with the phrase “well regulated”, what that clearly meant at the time was well equipped, supplied, at the ready, etc. How do we know this? Well, it was how they used the word regulated in that era. Also, if people would use just a little bit of thinking, they’d realize it doesn’t really make sense to say “a well policed (controlled, monitored, etc) militia...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” So, do you honestly think the founders would agree on a paradoxical statement and insert it into the BOR, that they spent years debating, but universally agreed on the 2nd amendment, and just over looked the conflicting statement? Do you also think that if the states were to control the militias, the founders who were so worried about a standing army as a threat, would let the states have their own standing armies, to possibly march on philly or DC without any military check on them?

Moving on to the second part of the text. Do you notice that whole line “the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.” It’s easy to miss so I capitalized t for you. The right of the PEOPLE. It doesnt say states, it doesn’t say government, it doesn’t say officials, it says people. It isn’t at all weird to you that they left out how the states would care for and control their militias in the enumerated powers? It isn’t weird to you that they had just fought against a state, in a war that was sparked by that state trying to disarm them...but after that whole bloody debacle against all odds they said to themselves “okay, well we didn’t like it when they were trying to take away our arms, but it’s ok if we do it to or own citizens. That’s not weird to you at all?

The 2nd is not about the state protecting its people, it’s about the people protecting themselves and their freedom from the only entities that can threaten freedom, governments. Including, and especially, their own government. I love it people act like the interpretation of the Const. and BOR is oh so murky, and “well I think they meant it like this or that.” We have tons and tons of writings from the founders themselves on what exactly was intended, we don’t have to do a whole lotta guess work on this shit. The people who do simple just don’t like the constitution. Plain and simple.

The 2nd Amendment can be definitively paraphrased thus: The individual states have a right to defend themselves through maintenance of state militias. That being said, the Declaration of Independence acknowledges that individuals have an inalienable right to protect themselves. Unless/until the government can guarantee their personal safety, individuals have an inherent right to defend themselves by any reasonable means.

P.S. I don't give a shit how some judge "interprets" the plain language of these documents.
Wow...I don’t know where you plucked that BS paraphrasing from, certainly was not from the second amendment. That’s just you inserting what you want the 2nd amendment to mean.

It’s funny you should say you don’t give a shit how some judge interprets the text, because your interpretation is so far off base. Ivy League constitutional law professors who are in favor of heavy gun control and outright bans think your interpretation is shit. What they say is repeal the 2nd and institute the gun control measures you want.

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

Let’s start with the militia line. The militia was necessary because the founders worried about hostile coups and takeovers from a standing army, which they were against during peacetime. You know, the coups that we’re constantly happening during their time, all throughout history, and even currently today. Or the federal government could just use standing armies to bully the citizens into what they wanted to do, again like they saw around the world during their time, history, and in modern times. This is why the militia was necessary to the security of a free state. The militias were led by local leaders elected by the local people’s in their respective region. States could call upon their militias in times of need, but militias were still independently run entities. This is why they were terrible against other standing armies, like Great Britain during the revolutionary war, because it was like herding cats in and aiming them at an army that operated as a single unit. Now, what would happen if east Virginia passed a law that screwed over western Virginia, and western Virginia said f-that? The state could try to call upon the miltias from western Virginia to enforce their will, but they, being the people of western Virginia are the very same ones saying f-that, our militia will fight against your eastern militia if you send em. The militias were a check on power, both to the states and the federal government. A check that will make these Governments think twice before passing law that the people wouldn’t like. That’s the whole domestic part of the phrase “enemies foreign and domestic”. The foreign part is in times of invasion, the militias were to act as a stop gap, and hold off invasions as best as possible until a standing army could be raised up. It was recognized at the time that militias were terrible against other standing armies, but they could still slow them down. And if you’re trying to dance with the phrase “well regulated”, what that clearly meant at the time was well equipped, supplied, at the ready, etc. How do we know this? Well, it was how they used the word regulated in that era. Also, if people would use just a little bit of thinking, they’d realize it doesn’t really make sense to say “a well policed (controlled, monitored, etc) militia...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” So, do you honestly think the founders would agree on a paradoxical statement and insert it into the BOR, that they spent years debating, but universally agreed on the 2nd amendment, and just over looked the conflicting statement? Do you also think that if the states were to control the militias, the founders who were so worried about a standing army as a threat, would let the states have their own standing armies, to possibly march on philly or DC without any military check on them?

Moving on to the second part of the text. Do you notice that whole line “the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.” It’s easy to miss so I capitalized t for you. The right of the PEOPLE. It doesnt say states, it doesn’t say government, it doesn’t say officials, it says people. It isn’t at all weird to you that they left out how the states would care for and control their militias in the enumerated powers? It isn’t weird to you that they had just fought against a state, in a war that was sparked by that state trying to disarm them...but after that whole bloody debacle against all odds they said to themselves “okay, well we didn’t like it when they were trying to take away our arms, but it’s ok if we do it to or own citizens. That’s not weird to you at all?

The 2nd is not about the state protecting its people, it’s about the people protecting themselves and their freedom from the only entities that can threaten freedom, governments. Including, and especially, their own government. I love it people act like the interpretation of the Const. and BOR is oh so murky, and “well I think they meant it like this or that.” We have tons and tons of writings from the founders themselves on what exactly was intended, we don’t have to do a whole lotta guess work on this shit. The people who do simple just don’t like the constitution. Plain and simple.
Yep, “well regulated” did not mean the same today as it did then... not even close.
The right to bear arms is all about the individuals right to firearm ownership.

Okay, we no longer have the need of the "Organized Militia" since the passage of the 1917 National Guard Act. In fact, the whole thing has become outdated for the same reason. The cost of war and the destruction of the weapons have far exceeded the needs and the abilities of any usable civilian capability. I agree, we do have the right to keep and bear arms. But at some point, we need to put the phrase "Within Reason" before that. Then we need to legally define what is within reason. Just plunking down the phrase, "the right to keep and bare arms" doesn't really mean a thing when you are trying to protect yourself from a rogue federal government.

You already stated that the real reason a Militia was used was so that the Federal Government could have the time to form a formal army. It was a stopgap or a slow down manner. Not intended to actually win. But to delay. What happens if it's your own Federal Government that is the transgressor? The power of the Federal Military is so powerful that any State Militia would be taken care of in a matter of hours and all State Representatives would be arrested. But what we have built into your Federal Military is Customs, Traditions and Regulations that prevent any President or any Leader from attempting to do this. Case in point. The last 3 days of Nixon, the Military went into a sit down period where they would not follow any and all orders from Nixon. The Joint Chiefs deemed him to be unstable. And they let us know all the way down to the NCO level that this was happening. The system works and it works well. It prevents a President from trying to overthrow our Constitutionally elected Government by using the US Military. Some seem to fear that Trump may try doing something stupid with the Military but the Joint Chiefs are watching him like a hawk at all times. The second he goes all the way over the edge, he no longer has the support of the Military. And what ever orders they had prior will be in affect but no new orders will be followed until the situation is corrected by the Civilian Government.

We don't need to be able to walk down the street wearing a M-60 "Going for another Beer Run". Where does a guy with a M-60 sit? Anywhere he wants to. Unless the guy with the M-2 doesn't want him sitting there. I don't wish to live in that city. If we take the 2nd amendment exactly as written, that scenario could happen. But when those two get irritated, there is going to be a lot of flying lead and a lot of innocent deaths happen all at once. So we allow the States the ability for Due Process to place limits. "Within Reason". In the end, the 2nd amendment really needs to be amended to a more modern meaning.

The militias were led by local leaders elected by the local people’s in their respective region. States could call upon their militias in times of need, but militias were still independently run entities.

Militias were subject to State control. How else would they be necessary to the security of a free State, and who would regulate them?

P.S. Voting for their officers does not contradict this. But thanks for the sanctimonious sarcasm.

P.P.S. I don't give a shit how you interpret this plain language, either.

Okay, we no longer have the need of the "Organized Militia" since the passage of the 1917 National Guard Act. In fact, the whole thing has become outdated for the same reason. The cost of war and the destruction of the weapons have far exceeded the needs and the abilities of any usable civilian capability. I agree, we do have the right to keep and bear arms. But at some point, we need to put the phrase "Within Reason" before that. Then we need to legally define what is within reason. Just plunking down the phrase, "the right to keep and bare arms" doesn't really mean a thing when you are trying to protect yourself from a rogue federal government.

You already stated that the real reason a Militia was used was so that the Federal Government could have the time to form a formal army. It was a stopgap or a slow down manner. Not intended to actually win. But to delay. What happens if it's your own Federal Government that is the transgressor? The power of the Federal Military is so powerful that any State Militia would be taken care of in a matter of hours and all State Representatives would be arrested. But what we have built into your Federal Military is Customs, Traditions and Regulations that prevent any President or any Leader from attempting to do this. Case in point. The last 3 days of Nixon, the Military went into a sit down period where they would not follow any and all orders from Nixon. The Joint Chiefs deemed him to be unstable. And they let us know all the way down to the NCO level that this was happening. The system works and it works well. It prevents a President from trying to overthrow our Constitutionally elected Government by using the US Military. Some seem to fear that Trump may try doing something stupid with the Military but the Joint Chiefs are watching him like a hawk at all times. The second he goes all the way over the edge, he no longer has the support of the Military. And what ever orders they had prior will be in affect but no new orders will be followed until the situation is corrected by the Civilian Government.

We don't need to be able to walk down the street wearing a M-60 "Going for another Beer Run". Where does a guy with a M-60 sit? Anywhere he wants to. Unless the guy with the M-2 doesn't want him sitting there. I don't wish to live in that city. If we take the 2nd amendment exactly as written, that scenario could happen. But when those two get irritated, there is going to be a lot of flying lead and a lot of innocent deaths happen all at once. So we allow the States the ability for Due Process to place limits. "Within Reason". In the end, the 2nd amendment really needs to be amended to a more modern meaning.

The 2nd Amendment isn't about government power daryl. How many times does this have to be explained to you. The Bill of Rights is nine limits on what government can do to the individual, and one final option. That final option is the power to REMOVE an illegitimate government. That's what that inconvenient truth of the 2nd is for. To get rid of government people who are violating the COTUS.

That's the beauty of this Constitutional Republic. We don't swear allegiance to a person, or people, we swear allegiance to an idea. An idea that is codified in our CONSTITUTION.

First off, the point that modern militaries would wipe out any force with small arms, and therefore small arms are useless, is incorrect. Look at the civil war, Vietnam, Afghanistan v USSR, Afghanistan v USA,

First, the point that non-uniform forces equipped with small arms cannot stand up against modern militaries is incorrect. Look at Vietnam, Afghanistan v USSR, and v USA.

Secondly, it’s not just the president who presents a threat with a standing army, it’s the army itself. This just happened to a modern country, with a modern military, that also happens to be a NATO ally in Turkey. That coup was inches away from being successful, it’s sheer luck that erdawan is still in power. Let’s say trump gets impeached and ousted, and Mattis decides to call upon loyal marine units to reinstate him. Wouldn’t be all that difficult, we basically keep all our legilslature in the same building. Hard to imagine, yes, but there are plenty of items in politics today that 5-10 years ago I would’ve never imagined. The fact that trump is president is one of them. Mainstream media won’t shut up about a possible civil war brewing. Hard to imagine, but certainly not outside of the realm of possibility in 5-10 years. The whole point of the second (or at least one of the main points is) government will think twice about doing something that pisses the people off, because there could be an uprising. And in that situation, an armed citizenry is incredibly hard, if not, impossible to deal with.

Third point. We already have laws against full autos like the m-60 and m-2. Are there some floating around, sure, but good luck getting your hands on one. And if you do, if you look at it the wrong way, you’ll practically be thrown in prison they are so heavily regulated. We also have your example of people walking around with full autos strapped to their shoulders to pick up coffee. That’s in Switzerland. You are issued a fully automatic assault rifle, if you choose to keep it, and can walk around freely with it. Switzerland has been consistently top 3 safest country on the planet. Your characterazation of people gaining a level of dickishness relative to the size and firepower of the gun they’re carrying is simply off base. Sure there’s people like that, but threatening you with that weapon is still a crime...so that’s a naive view of people with guns.

Fourth, “within reason”, what does that mean? It’s such a loose term. Only permitting semi-automatics isn’t “within reason” to you? Would you prefer a ban on all semi-automatics? That’s about 90% of the guns out there. Pump shotguns, and lever/bolt actions, that’s all that’d be allowed. What happens when we get a semi-auto ban and another columbine (they used pump shotguns) happens? Obviously, at least for the anti-gunners, semi-auto wasn’t within reason enough, time to take them all. People don’t need 900 cc street bikes, or 700 hp cars, or monster trucks, etc. Those are not “within reason” for many people, they’re dangerous shit. Same with trampolines, and fireworks. People don’t “need” those dangerous things. Or at least some would say that, just like some say people don’t “need” ARs or mags that hold more than 7 bullets. That’s not the point, and no one knows that one doesn’t need those things. If someone is coming to my house with bad intentions, I want every freaking advantage possible to handle them and protect my family, just like anyone would. I’m not going to grab an over/under if I have an AR holding 30 rounds handy, that would be stupid. The 2nd amendment affords that to me so others don’t decide what’s “within reason” for me. I decide for myself.

Militias were subject to State control.
The U.S. Constitution does not say that at all. You guys don’t get to make up your own version of the U.S. Constitution simply because you don’t like the fact that the current version prevents you from oppressing your fellow citizens as you desire.

The militias were led by local leaders elected by the local people’s in their respective region. States could call upon their militias in times of need, but militias were still independently run entities.

Militias were subject to State control. How else would they be necessary to the security of a free State, and who would regulate them?

P.S. Voting for their officers does not contradict this. But thanks for the sanctimonious sarcasm.

You realize that the word state is not in reference to individual states like Nebraska, but state as in governmental entity, right? Kind of like how the state department doesn’t actually deal with the domestic states but foreign states. Please tell me you didn’t think that.

And states could call on their militias, it was still up to the militias to answer that call. If it wasn’t then the whole long debate about standing armies was kind of pointless, because you just created another standing army. And east Virginia could do whatever the hell it wanted too to western Virginia.

And it’s not my interpretation, it’s what the founders themselves said, extensively, were their intentions with the second amendment. Militia’s were a check on ALL governmental powers, foreign, federal, and state. You can make up whatever fantasy interpretation you want, or you could actually read about what the founders themselves said about it. It’s a crazy concept, but give it a shot.

Plus, couldn’t the states just determine what sort of gun control laws they wanted, and that would also turn the whole “right of the people to keep and bear arms” into a paradoxical law? This is what happens when you let too many like minded people get together who all believe the same stuff, and never here any contrarian arguments...you get nonsensical theories like this.

Forum List

Back