It is very easy to get concealed carry in WI... Even criminals can.
Wisconsin law allows repeat gun offenders to carry concealed weapons

A Whitefish Bay man with three prior weapons convictions was allowed to legally carry a concealed gun. The man posted his shooting skills on Facebook. Weeks after the post, police said he shot and killed a man during a drug deal gone bad in an alley near Milwaukee's Riverside High School

So what? No restriction is ever going to be 100% effective.

So you are good with criminals legally armed. I guess that is why so many law enforcement die. Thanks gun culture.

I hardly call most misdemeanors crimes. They are more like traffic violations.

As long as CONVICTED FELONS are restricted it's enough for me

Yeah the world is a better place with this guy legally carrying:
The shooter has a long rap sheet. He once shot himself in the foot playing Russian roulette in Shorewood, and blamed three black men. He carried a concealed weapon before it was legal. And he later threatened a man with his gun while drunk. But because all his convictions are misdemeanors, he still qualified for a concealed-carry license.

You know some guy might get behind the wheel of his car 2 minutes from now after drinking all day and he might kill someone.

Does that mean ALL people will do it?

You are predicting that EVERYONE with a CCW permit will all of a sudden start committing crimes.

I hate to tell you this but it just doesn't happen

Crime in WI has increased every year since they got concealed carry.

You obviously know absolutely nothing about what it takes in WI or IL to get a concealed carry permit we'll just add that to the gargantuan pile of other things you know absolutely nothing about

A Whitefish Bay man with three prior weapons convictions was allowed to legally carry a concealed gun. The man posted his shooting skills on Facebook. Weeks after the post, police said he shot and killed a man during a drug deal gone bad in an alley near Milwaukee's Riverside High School
once again you don't read your own links

WI does not issue CCW permits to convicted felons

Sorry but a misdemeanor is not a felony

Yes I did read my own link. Did you see the part about how this legally armed guy shot and killed somebody during a drug deal gone bad? Thats a person you want running around with a gun?

The shooter has a long rap sheet. He once shot himself in the foot playing Russian roulette in Shorewood, and blamed three black men. He carried a concealed weapon before it was legal. And he later threatened a man with his gun while drunk. But because all his convictions are misdemeanors, he still qualified for a concealed-carry license.
Again so the fuck what? You conveniently ignore the law enforcement officials of WI when they say things like this from another one of your links

The story kind of is that there is no story,” Attorney General Brad Schimel said. “I’m not aware of evidence of statistical significance that there are people who gain a permit who are committing crime with guns

The VAST MAJORITY of people with CCW permits will NEVER commit any crimes at all.

Do you want to put all men on the sex offender registry because a tenth of percent of all men rape women and children?

So this gun culture is why we have school shootings when other countries don't. You don't care our children are dying? This gun culture is why we police are regularly gunned down. You don't care about law enforcement? These things don't happen in countries with strong gun control. This idiot in WI could just have likely accidently shot a kid instead of his foot.

You know I really don't care. I don't have kids.

But I do know is that my ownership of firearms has absolutely nothing to do with any school shooting or murder or drug deals etc.

So what? No restriction is ever going to be 100% effective.

So you are good with criminals legally armed. I guess that is why so many law enforcement die. Thanks gun culture.

You know some guy might get behind the wheel of his car 2 minutes from now after drinking all day and he might kill someone.

You are predicting that EVERYONE with a CCW permit will all of a sudden start committing crimes.

So what?

You cannot prove it increased as a direct result of the concealed carry laws.

The crime in WI increased within the bounds of the increased in crime in the country as a whole so there is a pretty good chance it would have increased if the CC law was not passed since we saw an increase across the board.

So what?

The crime in WI increased within the bounds of the increased in crime in the country as a whole so there is a pretty good chance it would have increased if the CC law was not passed since we saw an increase across the board.

Well with concealed carry at it's highest, violent crime has been going up.

Yes I did read my own link. Did you see the part about how this legally armed guy shot and killed somebody during a drug deal gone bad? Thats a person you want running around with a gun?

Again so the fuck what? You conveniently ignore the law enforcement officials of WI when they say things like this from another one of your links

The story kind of is that there is no story,” Attorney General Brad Schimel said. “I’m not aware of evidence of statistical significance that there are people who gain a permit who are committing crime with guns

The VAST MAJORITY of people with CCW permits will NEVER commit any crimes at all.

Do you want to put all men on the sex offender registry because a tenth of percent of all men rape women and children?

So this gun culture is why we have school shootings when other countries don't. You don't care our children are dying? This gun culture is why we police are regularly gunned down. You don't care about law enforcement? These things don't happen in countries with strong gun control. This idiot in WI could just have likely accidently shot a kid instead of his foot.

But I do know is that my ownership of firearms has absolutely nothing to do with any school shooting or murder or drug deals etc.

So gun ownership for you is more important than the lives of children and law enforcement. What a turd you are.

Amen. Just like abortion is none of your business. Right?
Uh...no. The taking of a human life is absolutely the business of society.

Exactly. Guns take human life . So yeah the state has an interest in keeping guns away from kooks n killers .

Unfortunately, leftists take that shallow platitude as an argument for some mythical magical process where you make guns illegal and they disappear.

What's even more classic is you're the ones who demand we have no southern border so they can flow freely into the country just like drugs do now.

Pot

leftists: It's stupid to make it illegal, you just fund organized crime

Gambling

Guns

leftists: If you make them illegal, no one will be able to get them

Ask any teenager how hard it is to get drugs, wheel chair boy

The "gun show loophole" is an imprecise term, I'll give you that.

But the FACT that people can purchase a gun through various "legal" means without a background is undeniable.

By legal, I just mean that the seller is criminally liable no matter what the buyer does with the gun. Obviously, a felon purchasing a gun is committing a crime… but the seller is not .

What about bad apple gun dealers -- stores that are know to regularly sell guns out the back door to straw purchasers. Tiahrt Amendments limit ATF and state police ability to investigate and monitor this practice. (among others)

Facts to backup my statements -

PolitiFact Sheet: 3 things to know about the 'gun show loophole'

How are "background checks" working for keeping pot out of the hands of the public?

I would much rather take my chances with the “good guys” than the “bad” guys… every time.
Because the bad guys are criminals and they cannot be rehabilitated or trusted

Why do I own a Gun? Not the fear of bad guys. I can spot a loose canon clean across the room that will draw and fire with no thought of the innocents in the vacinity. Every Responsible gun owner I know has gone through the concealed weapons course and keep it concealed. The Idea is for the bad guy to not know exactly who is armed or not and having the carriers qualified to wield the weapon.

Dallas Texas: from 1871 to the late 20th century, no open carry allowed. You would be arrested if you didn't turn in your weapon or at least get it out of sight.

Wicheta KS: from 1875 to even today you have to have a license to carry in public. I don't mean transporting. I mean wear it. Subject to some pretty hefty fines and jail time

Dodge City: Same as Wicheta

Tombstone, AZ: from 1877 to just recently, no open carry. The Clantons were NOT the criminals that many of you think they are. They just refused to check their sidearms and they refused to leave. They were Cowboys. This why the Earps entered into the fray with their sidearms in their pockets or belts covered with the frocks. Generally, Cowboys would comply with a little prodding. The Clanton Clan were Cowboys and not trained gunman. Otherwise, it would have been the Earps laying in the streets bleeding.

We have open carry here. Some of these Characters doing open carry actually believe that they are Gods Gift to a Gunfighter. I have a gun to protect me from these people. I don't go to the areas that probably will have the bad guys. The chances of me being shot by a bad guy is less than being struck by lightning twice. But the chance of me being accidentely shot by the so called "Good Guy" is much higher.
In your opinion, Which is not mine or anybody else’s reality

I can always tell when I hit it dead center. You resort to insults instead of countering. You lose. Get over it.
Firearm ownership is no ones business but the individuals, and is certainly none of the federal governments business.
You don’t get to represent other peoples firearm ownership, you have zero credibility on the matter.

Is it anyone esle's business that you have to be insured to drive your car? How about registration and licensing to drive same said vehicle. You MUST pay property taxes otherwise you can't own property. The list goes on and on about things that also apply. You must be licensed to be a Doctor, Real Estate Agent and more. Are you saying that this is also wrong?

Public Safety comes first.

There is no constitutional right to drive a car, and you only need a license to drive on government roads. False equivalency

Amen. Just like abortion is none of your business. Right?
Uh...no. The taking of a human life is absolutely the business of society.

Exactly. Guns take human life . So yeah the state has an interest in keeping guns away from kooks n killers .

Unfortunately, leftists take that shallow platitude as an argument for some mythical magical process where you make guns illegal and they disappear.

What's even more classic is you're the ones who demand we have no southern border so they can flow freely into the country just like drugs do now.

Pot

Gambling

Guns

leftists: If you make them illegal, no one will be able to get them

Ask any teenager how hard it is to get drugs, wheel chair boy
You display your ignorance and utter lack of understanding well. Perhaps try talking less and listening more, try and gain objective knowledge so you can accurately articulate your opponents positions. Then maybe you wouldn’t sound so clueless and partisan.

So what?

So the fuck what?

Even the WI DA says there is no proof that any rise in crime was caused by the concealed carry law.

And if CCW did really cause crime then why is it that crime has been on the decline for more than 25 years and even taking into account the slight rise in crime recently both the crime and the murder rates are at a 30 year low even though more people than ever have concealed carry permits ?

So gun ownership for you is more important than the lives of children and law enforcement. What a turd you are.

Unlike you I know that me giving up my guns will have absolutely no effect on crime because I do not commit crimes and neither do 99.99% of legal gun owners

I also know that mass shootings only account for 1% of all murders so in all honesty it's not that big of a problem.

Unlike you I know that me giving up my guns will have absolutely no effect on crime because I do not commit crimes and neither do 99.99% of legal gun owners

I also know that mass shootings only account for 1% of all murders so in all honesty it's not that big of a problem.

Yes I care about the lives of children just like any real man would.

So what?

So the fuck what?

Even the WI DA says there is no proof that any rise in crime was caused by the concealed carry law.

And if CCW did really cause crime then why is it that crime has been on the decline for more than 25 years and even taking into account the slight rise in crime recently both the crime and the murder rates are at a 30 year low even though more people than ever have concealed carry permits ?

Violent crime has increased now as concealed carry had increased. Crime decreased after Clinton crime bill and gun control.

It's creepy that you "care" so much about other people's kids

That said a lot more kids die every day from other causes than die in school shootings

Last edited:

So what?

So the fuck what?

Violent crime has increased now as concealed carry had increased. Crime decreased after Clinton crime bill and gun control.

Even the WI DA says there is no proof that any rise in crime was a direct result of the concealed carry laws

So until you can actually prove a causal link between the rise in crime in WI and it's CCW law you are as usual just flapping your gums.

you need to read this

Correlation does not imply causation

So what?

So the fuck what?

Even the WI DA says there is no proof that any rise in crime was a direct result of the concealed carry laws

So until you can actually prove a causal link between the rise in crime in WI and it's CCW law you are as usual just flapping your gums.

you need to read this

Every single year since getting concealed carry crime has increased in WI.

It's creepy that you "care" so much about other people's kids

That said a lot more kids die every day from other causes than die in school shootings

Any real man would want to save the lives of children.

So what?

So the fuck what?

you need to read this

That being said, you also can not prove that it has reduced criminal activity either like some claim. Here is my take on open carry and the Criminal. If I were to rob a store, I will just rob it. Afterall, that's all I am there for. I will probably not shoot up the place if they cooperate and give me what I demand at gun point. Robber isn't given the same importance by law enforcement that murder is. But let me enter and see that one person wearing that gun on their hip, that is my first target. And I am probably better at it than John Q is with his. Now that I just killed one person, I just might go into the old "No Witnesses" mode and try and shoot everyone else. The Open Carry person does not even have to draw his weapon. On the Other hand, the CCW does have the option not to let the criminal know he is armed and can elect NOT to draw the weapon unless he feels that it's entered into a life or death situation.

Forum List

Back