The Democrat "Pot Vote"

I actually voted YES for legalizing small amounts of pot in Colorado.

But in order to do that, it must be banned from being smoked in public places like tobacco and even more. Pot should only be done on private property where it doesn't affect outsiders. If that is a pot only bar, then so be it.

Someone shouldn't be downtown at a bar and be forced to inhale someone's pot because it not only affects their lungs but their brain/nerves too....and you can get arrested for drunk driving with it in your blood system.

The last time Vox made these wild allegations she was unable to substantiate them. Instead she produced studies on underage adolescents predisposed to mental illness that are not relevant to pot use by adults.

don't lie. the last and every time you were handed your ass by me - because I provided links, you just pretended not seeing them.

enjoy some more ( and don't forget to LIE again in a couple of months):

Microglial activation underlies cerebellar deficits produced by repeated cannabis exposure
Cerebellar Infarction in Adolescent Males Associated With Acute Marijuana Use
Chronic cannabis exposure can lead to cerebellar dysfunction in humans, but the neurobiological mechanisms involved remain incompletely understood. Our results suggest that cerebellar microglial activation plays a crucial role in the cerebellar deficits induced by repeated cannabis exposure.
Dose-related neurocognitive effects of marijuana use
Very heavy use of marijuana is associated with persistent decrements in neurocognitive performance even after 28 days of abstinence. It is unclear if these decrements will resolve with continued abstinence or become progressively worse with continued heavy marijuana use.
Adverse Cardiovascular, Cerebrovascular, and Peripheral Vascular Effects of Marijuana Inhalation: What Cardiologists Need to Know

In this report, the investigators focus on the known cardiovascular, cerebrovascular, and peripheral effects of marijuana inhalation. Temporal associations between marijuana use and serious adverse events, including myocardial infarction, sudden cardiac death, cardiomyopathy, stroke, transient ischemic attack, and cannabis arteritis have been described.
Keep off the grass: marijuana use and acute cardiovascular e... : European Journal of Emergency Medicine
The adverse health effects of chronic cannabis use - Hall - 2013 - Drug Testing and Analysis - Wiley Online Library

Thank you for proving that I didn't lie by providing links to underage adolescents and mice! :eek:

Your other links are no different to heavy tobacco smokers and alcoholics.

Enjoy even more:

Cannabis use and risk of psychotic or affective mental health outcomes: a systematic review
we conclude that there is now sufficient evidence to warn young people that using cannabis could increase their risk of developing a psychotic illness later in life.
Cannabis use in young people: The risk for schizophrenia

To date, the research on the impact of its use has largely been epidemiological in nature and has consistently found that cannabis use is associated with schizophrenia outcomes later in life, even after controlling for several confounding factors.

This article is LONG but it describes the pathogenesis of marijuana-induced schizophrenia:

The cannabinoid receptor 1 associates with NMDA receptors to produce glutamatergic hypofunction: implications in psychosis and schizophrenia

Pathways to Psychosis in Cannabis Abuse - Clinical Schizophrenia & Related Psychoses - Walsh Medical Media

JAMA Network | JAMA Psychiatry | Cannabis Use and Earlier Onset of Psychosis: *A Systematic Meta-analysis

The results of this systematic review and meta-analysis represent strong scientific evidence for an association between substance use, particularly the use of cannabis, and an earlier age at onset of psychotic illnesses. The association between the extent of cannabis use in the substance-using group and the effect size as well as the weaker association between earlier age at onset and alcohol use support the hypothesis that cannabis use is a causal factor in psychotic disorders. The finding raises the important questions of whether cannabis and other substances can trigger psychosis by direct neurotoxic effects, by alterations in dopamine activity, or by other changes in neurotransmission and the extent to which any adverse effects on the brain are reversible.45,46 These results confirm the need for further neurobiological research to find the mechanisms by which cannabis use triggers or brings forward psychotic illness.

The results of this study provide strong evidence that reducing cannabis use could delay or even prevent some cases of psychosis. Reducing the use of cannabis could be one of the few ways of altering the outcome of the illness because earlier onset of schizophrenia is associated with a worse prognosis and because other factors associated with age at onset, such as family history and sex, cannot be changed.47 Building on several decades of research, this finding is an important breakthrough in our understanding of the relationship between cannabis use and psychosis. It raises the question of whether those substance users would still have gone on to develop psychosis a few years later. However, even if the onset of psychosis were inevitable, an extra 2 or 3 years of psychosis-free functioning could allow many patients to achieve the important developmental milestones of late adolescence and early adulthood that could lower the long-term disability arising from psychotic disorders. The results of this study confirm the need for a renewed public health warning about the potential for cannabis use to bring on psychotic illness.

Now list all the problems alcohol causes....

please stop you bullshit that alcohol equals pot, because it does not. POT GETS YOU INTOXICATED EVERY TIME YOU SMOKE, ALCOHOL DEPENDS ON A DOZE and you can drink and not get ANY buzz.

WTF? Look I know you like drinking but stop lying.

Of course everything depends on how much, when, how often etc etc.

The only way you dont catch a buzz is if you are drink a non-alc drink. You can lie to yourself but the bottle shows alc content and alc gets you buzzed. You can call it tipsy or whatever just stop lying.

stop lying. or are you stoned? :lol:

you can drink up to 100 ml of alcohol and do not have any impairment.

Therefore we have legal limits of alcohol in blood - ever heard if something like that?

not that there can not be any limits with cannabinoids to be used as a cut-off, obviously.
which they already have and use in Belgium.

How much alcohol you can have in your body depends on how big you are.

The "right wing" needs to give up on this drug war bullshit.

I'm all for pushing people to achieve success in life through their own efforts, and I think our welfare "safety net" has become a hammock that needs to be tipped over.

If people stay at the bottom of the ladder because they're stoned all the time, so be it. The country needs fry cooks, pizza delivery drivers and ditch diggers.

As long as they dont ask for 15 bucks an hour.

a dose is the amount of active ingredient which produces the desired effect.

nobody takes one hit of pot - if you smoke - you smoke the full joint, so stop your bullshit right there.

So you never drink one beer? Your argument is so F'n stupid it's impossible to debate.
Using your logic every time you crack a beer you drink a case.
And with that logic it sounds like you have a serious substance abuse problem.
Would you like me to give you my mothers phone number? She works with people like you all the time.

I don't like beer :D
are you stoned too much so you can not comprehend that certain amount of alcohol does not cause any impairment? Heck, you can even drive if you have less than certain amount of alcohol in blood :lol:
You have never heard of that? or you do not know that certain amount in blood corresponds to certain amount consumed? Well, now you do :D

next time try to engage in a discussion when your cognition is not so impaired.

Still stupid I see.

$thQBGJDQHP.jpg

All I had to do was say that pot should be legal and the entire libertarian movement collapsed overnight.

$th57FMKL70.jpg

See kids, the President smoked pot. No harm no foul.

Wow. A "2-fold" RISK. Risk is NOT a diagnosis. How many of those people died from testicular cancer caused specifically by smoking marijuana?

And if smoking marijuana causes cancer, then why do doctors prescribe it to cancer patients?

:lol:

I knew you are an idiot and do not understand the terminology of the scientific research.

Which only proves the initial postulate - constant stoning has killed your cognitive abilities.

next.
Present the research from different sources, and let the people do a risk / cost analysis - let them decide for themselves. Jumping out of planes is legal, and very dangerous compared to sitting on the recliner, and puffing on some weed. Why do people want to dictate - tell other, what they can do, and what they can't regarding THEIR health. We are the stewards of OUR bodies - don't piss on my parade WTF :cuckoo:

Next will be what we eat - fuck that too! :cuckoo::eusa_pray:

see, this is where americans need to wake the fuck up. all americans should be fighting for every right the government tries to take away, not just the ones they personally care about. because when we take that attitude the government always wins

But in order to do that, it must be banned from being smoked in public places like tobacco and even more. Pot should only be done on private property where it doesn't affect outsiders. If that is a pot only bar, then so be it.

Someone shouldn't be downtown at a bar and be forced to inhale someone's pot because it not only affects their lungs but their brain/nerves too....and you can get arrested for drunk driving with it in your blood system.

That is the law in Colorado--it is illegal to smoke pot in public.

I think people are worried that if weed's legalized people will quit their jobs, grow their hair down to their asses and move to the keys.

At least that's what I'll be doing anyways.

That's where Cheech and Chong movies really made an impression on the American public with their movies. Funny YES--but not so true.

Many working professionals in this country prefer to use marijuana over alcohol. They have been closet pot smokers for decades. And the black market has provided them well.

At least in Colorado--we are putting our thumbs in the eyes of the violent Mexican drug cartels who grow marijuana on the cheap down there, bring it up here in the 100's of tons each year to distribute--the money is sent back down to them--so they can invest it in their manufactured drug market for cocaine crack/cocaine--meth and heroin.

Most of the tax revenue from the sale of marijuana in Colorado goes to our schools.

So, you either voted for a law without understanding the ramifications of it, or you just wanted to look cool by saying you voted for something edgy, but seem sensible by posting a "non-public smoking" disclaimer.

Either way, I'm not impressed.

But a large chunk of the young escape the brainwashing through the home and private schooling - so they can be targeted by marijuana and other drugs.

the scheme is really not that difficult to decipher.

I'm sure that parents could put together their own version of D.A.R.E :eusa_whistle:

Dumbfuck....smoking marijuana in your house is different than smoking it at a local bar exposing others to that smoke with possible brain/nerve damage ramifications.

I fully understand marijuana damages the brain and lungs, it is pretty much alcohol + tobacco. Hmmm, aren't alcohol and tobacco legal? Eh asswipe?

Now other drugs should be banned for being more dangerous than marijuana and many times more addictive.

Oh, if someone drives a car high, throw their ass in jail just like a drunk.

So, you either voted for a law without understanding the ramifications of it, or you just wanted to look cool by saying you voted for something edgy, but seem sensible by posting a "non-public smoking" disclaimer.

Either way, I'm not impressed.

people are all anti smoking cigarettes. ban them, they should be outlawed. then they turn around and say legalize smoking pot. kind of hypocritical if you ask me.

Yes, that is exactly what I said.

The same people pushing "pot" as safe are the same people that launched attacks against tobacco in public places.

people are all anti smoking cigarettes. ban them, they should be outlawed. then they turn around and say legalize smoking pot. kind of hypocritical if you ask me.

Forum List

Back