The Democrat "Pot Vote"

Marijuana is safe compared to tobacco. No one has ever been diagnosed with lung cancer from first-hand marijuana smoke, so what makes any of you think that second-hand marijuana smoke is going to be worse?

Why is this still a debate?

Marijuana was legal from 1619 until 1937, outlawed because of all the same stupid baseless arguments that the drug war crowd makes today- it causes psychosis, it causes schizophrenia, it causes rape, violence, murder, insanity, and listening to jazz. Even though every study cited admits that there is no causal link between smoking Cannabis and anything else.

And then marijuana was legalized again in 1942. All of the fears about the "Marihuana Demon Weed" and stoner liberal Progressive Commie Nazis taking over America were disregarded and the US Federal government urged Americans to grow it. Society didn't collapse into a stoner zombie Communist wasteland. Instead, the US defeated the Axis, ended global genocide, and preserved American freedom.

Lowering the prison population due to overly harsh sentencing for pot possession will also help reduce government spending...that's something the GOP is usually all about.

oh yeah, and pot isn't hazardous to your health, it just has some minor side effects.

Police: Mom leaves baby on top of car, drives off ? USATODAY.com

https://www.google.com/search?q=dru...j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Look at all the drunk moms I found on google who did the same thing.

BAN ALCOHOL!!!!!!!!

Lowering the prison population due to overly harsh sentencing for pot possession will also help reduce government spending...that's something the GOP is usually all about.

oh yeah, and pot isn't hazardous to your health, it just has some minor side effects.

Police: Mom leaves baby on top of car, drives off ? USATODAY.com

https://www.google.com/search?q=dru...j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Look at all the drunk moms I found on google who did the same thing.

BAN ALCOHOL!!!!!!!!

So because someone gets drunk and kills someone or whatever makes it ok for someone to get high and kills someone, got it. Never mind, it's all ok for people to kill others as long as they are drunk or high.

Here's another story of someone high killing another, but it's ok since people get drunk and kills others.

seMissourian.com: Local News: Affidavit: Man had meth, pot in his system before crash that killed teen (08/28/13)

So because someone gets drunk and kills someone or whatever makes it ok for someone to get high and kills someone, got it. Never mind, it's all ok for people to kill others as long as they are drunk or high.

Here's another story of someone high killing another, but it's ok since people get drunk and kills others.

seMissourian.com: Local News: Affidavit: Man had meth, pot in his system before crash that killed teen (08/28/13)

You know those people you've mentioned would be alive if we banned cars

:lol:

I knew you are an idiot and do not understand the terminology of the scientific research.

Which only proves the initial postulate - constant stoning has killed your cognitive abilities.

next.
Present the research from different sources, and let the people do a risk / cost analysis - let them decide for themselves. Jumping out of planes is legal, and very dangerous compared to sitting on the recliner, and puffing on some weed. Why do people want to dictate - tell other, what they can do, and what they can't regarding THEIR health. We are the stewards of OUR bodies - don't piss on my parade WTF :cuckoo:

Next will be what we eat - fuck that too! :cuckoo::eusa_pray:

did you check at least ONE link form the ones I provided?

Of course you did not as it will poke your THC bubble.

you want to do whatever you want without consideration of the public risks involved - rent an island for yourself and do whatever you want.

The risks of wide THC abuse are too high for the public health and is even higher than tobacco smoking ( as it goes in different directions) - we do not need another 50+ years to reap what we saw with the idiocy of glorification of the extremely harmful substance (as happened with tobacco smoking) and should PREVENT it.
I havn't glorified shit - your on a rant.

You can't prevent it you dumb ass; that is my point - all you can do is add all the negative aspects of making it criminal.

People have the God given right to harm themselves!

Your the one who's bubble is burst.

My view is that life is better without mind altering substances.

Now brilliant one, tell me how your going to eradicate pot :eusa_whistle:

Oh, if someone drives a car high, throw their ass in jail just like a drunk.

So now someone will have to come up with a device to roadside test pot levels, and lawyers will make $100,000,000,000,000,00,0,,,,,,,00,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,,,,,,0-00000000000 disputing same and clogging up the courts even more than they are, etc, etc, etc.

The potheads just want to get high. There's no more to it than that. There is no societal benefit to endorsing the legality of another vice.

So now someone will have to come up with a device to roadside test pot levels, and lawyers will make $100,000,000,000,000,00,0,,,,,,,00,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,,,,,,0-00000000000 disputing same and clogging up the courts even more than they are, etc, etc, etc.

The potheads just want to get high. There's no more to it than that. There is no societal benefit to endorsing the legality of another vice.

Such tests already exist:
http://www.narcocheck.com/en/saliva-drug-tests/thc-marijuana-saliva-test.html
And breath tests look like they are coming in the future as soon as they can get some results that detect use a little longer out:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/22/marijuana-breath-test-pot-dui_n_4143264.html

Now, you bemoan lawyer costs (as if that should even be a consideration in removing your rights) but those costs will be VASTLY lower than the massive costs that we now have for pursuing illegal MJ use.

DUI’s are actually profitable for the state – garnering around 5K in fees in my home state on average. What those lawyer take out of the ass of the individual driving under the influence is not my concern – THEY decided to break the law so they can pay whatever it costs.

Last edited:

No. But then again, because someone gets drunk/high and kills someone is NOT a viable reason to bas a substance. Your argument in this instance is completely incoherent. I guess we should be banning all alcohol, cars, guns, cigarettes, MAKEUP, cellphones and about a million other things that have contributed to the death of one individual or another. Many of those directly contributing in negligent deaths.

The fact that someone got high and killed another person has no bearing on whether or not the substance should be banned unless that connection is something that is shown to be a trend or regular occurrence to the point of being a public danger.

I would guarantee that cell phones cause more people to be killed than MJ. We don’t see people demanding to ban cell phones.

Dumbfuck....smoking marijuana in your house is different than smoking it at a local bar exposing others to that smoke with possible brain/nerve damage ramifications.

I fully understand marijuana damages the brain and lungs, it is pretty much alcohol + tobacco. Hmmm, aren't alcohol and tobacco legal? Eh asswipe?

Now other drugs should be banned for being more dangerous than marijuana and many times more addictive.

Wrong, fool.

IF you actually voted for the legalization of marijuana in Colorado (which I doubt), you didn't make an educated decision by learning about the law before voting. If you had, you'd have known it would have been illegal to smoke in public.

You were even too lazy to Google it, or you'd have found this:

6. Where can you smoke it?

As a general rule, you're allowed to consume marijuana on private, but not public, property. Beyond that, it's up to local municipalities to dictate consumption rules.

In Denver, for instance, marijuana can be consumed on private property so long as the use isn't done "openly or publicly." This precludes public transportation, schools, sporting venues, parks, playgrounds, sidewalks, and roads, among other places.
Source: USA Today

TL;DR> lrn2think

Marijuana does not cause cancer, study finds:

Study Finds No Link Between Marijuana Use And Lung Cancer -- ScienceDaily

Marijuana treats cancer, according to the National Institutes of Health:
Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®) - National Cancer Institute

interesting, since all smoke contains carcinogens

It is not true.

Smoking pot causes cancer as does any smoking.

Because you say so?
Notice that he provided a link. We call that proof. Should you feel the need to counter the point then you need to bring something to the table that is at least equal (hopefully better) than what he brought otherwise you are just blowing smoke.

Enjoy even more:

Cannabis use and risk of psychotic or affective mental health outcomes: a systematic review
we conclude that there is now sufficient evidence to warn young people that using cannabis could increase their risk of developing a psychotic illness later in life.
Cannabis use in young people: The risk for schizophrenia

To date, the research on the impact of its use has largely been epidemiological in nature and has consistently found that cannabis use is associated with schizophrenia outcomes later in life, even after controlling for several confounding factors.

This article is LONG but it describes the pathogenesis of marijuana-induced schizophrenia:

The cannabinoid receptor 1 associates with NMDA receptors to produce glutamatergic hypofunction: implications in psychosis and schizophrenia

Pathways to Psychosis in Cannabis Abuse - Clinical Schizophrenia & Related Psychoses - Walsh Medical Media

JAMA Network | JAMA Psychiatry | Cannabis Use and Earlier Onset of Psychosis: *A Systematic Meta-analysis

The results of this systematic review and meta-analysis represent strong scientific evidence for an association between substance use, particularly the use of cannabis, and an earlier age at onset of psychotic illnesses. The association between the extent of cannabis use in the substance-using group and the effect size as well as the weaker association between earlier age at onset and alcohol use support the hypothesis that cannabis use is a causal factor in psychotic disorders. The finding raises the important questions of whether cannabis and other substances can trigger psychosis by direct neurotoxic effects, by alterations in dopamine activity, or by other changes in neurotransmission and the extent to which any adverse effects on the brain are reversible.45,46 These results confirm the need for further neurobiological research to find the mechanisms by which cannabis use triggers or brings forward psychotic illness.

The results of this study provide strong evidence that reducing cannabis use could delay or even prevent some cases of psychosis. Reducing the use of cannabis could be one of the few ways of altering the outcome of the illness because earlier onset of schizophrenia is associated with a worse prognosis and because other factors associated with age at onset, such as family history and sex, cannot be changed.47 Building on several decades of research, this finding is an important breakthrough in our understanding of the relationship between cannabis use and psychosis. It raises the question of whether those substance users would still have gone on to develop psychosis a few years later. However, even if the onset of psychosis were inevitable, an extra 2 or 3 years of psychosis-free functioning could allow many patients to achieve the important developmental milestones of late adolescence and early adulthood that could lower the long-term disability arising from psychotic disorders. The results of this study confirm the need for a renewed public health warning about the potential for cannabis use to bring on psychotic illness.

Now list all the problems alcohol causes....

none.
alcohol does not cause ANY problems if consumed in the amounts which allows you to drive.

It actually is proven to be beneficial in those amounts - alcohol i small amounts consumed DAILY protects from certain cancers and from cardiovascular accidents.

Nice try :D

WTF? Look I know you like drinking but stop lying.

Of course everything depends on how much, when, how often etc etc.

The only way you dont catch a buzz is if you are drink a non-alc drink. You can lie to yourself but the bottle shows alc content and alc gets you buzzed. You can call it tipsy or whatever just stop lying.

stop lying. or are you stoned? :lol:

you can drink up to 100 ml of alcohol and do not have any impairment.

Therefore we have legal limits of alcohol in blood - ever heard if something like that?

not that there can not be any limits with cannabinoids to be used as a cut-off, obviously.
which they already have and use in Belgium.

How much alcohol you can have in your body depends on how big you are.

nope. it depends on totally different things and body mass is not that important.

And you're for huge big honking government if you agree with the war on drugs.

There's a big difference between safe and sane law enforcement and Democrats/Obama in government promoting drug use for votes..

I suspect you're lost in a pot cloud and incapable of logical thought...:eusa_naughty:
Obama turned the entire pro-marijuana contingency against him soon after he was elected by arrogantly betraying their trust. As a candidate, Obama presented himself as being friendly toward the anti-prohibition cause. In fact, during one Press interview he readily and unconditionally admitted having smoked marijuana . . . "frequently!"

But during his first Press conference as President, when a reporter asked him about his position on the marijuana issue, Obama rudely and contemptuously dismissed the question, refusing to even briefly discuss it. That betrayal of a significant segment of his supporters was the first indication I (and many others) had of who and what Obama really is, an artful bullshit artist and puppet of George W. Bush's high-rolling base of bankers, Wall Street sharks, and the rising corporatocracy.

If he seems less inclined to turn his back on Americans' lives being ruined for doing something he himself had done it's because he sees which way the wind is blowing.

I havn't glorified shit - your on a rant.

You can't prevent it you dumb ass; that is my point - all you can do is add all the negative aspects of making it criminal.

People have the God given right to harm themselves!

Your the one who's bubble is burst.

My view is that life is better without mind altering substances.

Now brilliant one, tell me how your going to eradicate pot :eusa_whistle:

only after you get off your constant high state :eusa_whistle:

Your a dumb hack bitch who is going on my ignore - you cant even read. I guess the booze pickled your brain. :cuckoo:

oh, please, you can put me on ignore, you won't be able to ignore the results of your own stupidity which will be obvious in the next 30 years - and you would not like the results whatsoever.

I can understand why the left wants to dumb down the youth - becasue it serves THEM, but why so-called "conservatives" support the policies which will dig their own demise - is beyond me

only after you get off your constant high state :eusa_whistle:

Your a dumb hack bitch who is going on my ignore - you cant even read. I guess the booze pickled your brain. :cuckoo:

oh, please, you can put me on ignore, you won't be able to ignore the results of your own stupidity which will be obvious in the next 30 years - and you would not like the results whatsoever.

I can understand why the left wants to dumb down the youth - becasue it serves THEM, but why so-called "conservatives" support the policies which will dig their own demise - is beyond me

And what will those "results" be? You do realize there are other countries we can look at, countries that have legalized or decriminalized marijuana, right?

2013_08_WorldWeed_1.png

A true conservative would not want to regulate against the growing and/or smoking of a versatile resource.

And what will those "results" be?
You do realize there are other countries we can look at, countries that have legalized or decriminalized marijuana, right?

A true conservative would not want to regulate against the growing and/or smoking of a versatile resource.

making the youth even more brainwashable by the left than it is now.

Does smoking pot cause lung cancer?

It's time to look it up.

Does Smoking Marijuana Cause Lung Cancer
In 2006, many of us in medicine were shocked when a review of research to date did not show an increase in lung cancer related to marijuana use. There was even a suggestion that marijuana had a protective effect against lung cancer. More recent studies, in contrast, do appear to link smoking marijuana with lung cancer.

One study demonstrated a doubling in lung cancer for male marijuana smokers who also used tobacco (i.e. for men who smoked the same amount, the risk of lung cancer was twice as high for men who also used marijuana.) Another study found that long-term use of marijuana increased the risk of lung cancer in young adults (55 and under), with the risk increasing in proportion to the amount of marijuana smoked.

The studies that prove that pot is beneficial for cancer treatment are all based on a single 2006 study. Science didn't stop in 2006 it went on the prove the link between cancer and pot. Not only lung cancer, but testicular cancer as well.

Smoking marijuana linked to testicular cancer - Health - Men's health | NBC News
Some blunt advice for the young, male fans of marijuana: You may want to kill that joint and clutch your crotch -- self-check style, that is.
Scientists at the University of Southern California say they've detected a link between recreational marijuana use and a greater chance among males in their early teens through their mid-30s of contracting a particularly dangerous form of testicular cancer -- non-seminoma tumors, according to a small study published today online in CANCER, a peer-reviewed journal of the American Cancer Society.

Cancer, though, is not the greatest danger in marijuana which overwhelmingly presents a high risk of heart attack and stroke.

Forum List

Back