🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Democratic party now has a 17 year old as its party leader

A survivor of a gun massacre is a "byproduct of everything gone wrong in our society"? In what regard, Charlie?
not going to fall for the "pity him". we have a lot of survivors out there and some even from the same school who are *still* pro 2nd amendment but not given the same time on the air for their views.

that is what is wrong with our society.

You said HE is what is wrong. Fox gives the gun 'splainers all the air time they want.
he is.

and i don't watch fox so your HA HA GOT YOU is a waste of time. the media that is pushing hogg around isn't giving equal time to both views and that is huge in what is wrong with our country today.
Do you watch CNN? Ive seen many interviews with pro second amendment kids from parkland. Some make pretty good arguments
don't watch CNN, Fox or any of these flame-war sites if i can help it. but it's hard to have conversations in here w/o seeing what they are "reporting".

when i do have to watch CNN (lunch usually as they have the TV on there) it's never equal views it's all slam trump, slam conservatives and lie.

please don't ask me to now prove CNN lies and/or twists the story to suit their agenda.
I won’t ask you to prove it but I do see irony in your argument. Respectfully as I’ve enjoyed many good debates with you... this one of yours sounds ignorant and with hypocracy.... you are objecting to Hogg’s rhetoric because you think he is uninformed and doesn’t know what he is talking about... and then you criticize CNNs coverage saying they don’t cover pro gun students while also admitting that you don’t watch CNN except for what you occasionally overhear during your lunch hour. Am I missing something here?

not going to fall for the "pity him". we have a lot of survivors out there and some even from the same school who are *still* pro 2nd amendment but not given the same time on the air for their views.

that is what is wrong with our society.

You said HE is what is wrong. Fox gives the gun 'splainers all the air time they want.
he is.

and i don't watch fox so your HA HA GOT YOU is a waste of time. the media that is pushing hogg around isn't giving equal time to both views and that is huge in what is wrong with our country today.
Do you watch CNN? Ive seen many interviews with pro second amendment kids from parkland. Some make pretty good arguments
don't watch CNN, Fox or any of these flame-war sites if i can help it. but it's hard to have conversations in here w/o seeing what they are "reporting".

when i do have to watch CNN (lunch usually as they have the TV on there) it's never equal views it's all slam trump, slam conservatives and lie.

please don't ask me to now prove CNN lies and/or twists the story to suit their agenda.
I won’t ask you to prove it but I do see irony in your argument. Respectfully as I’ve enjoyed many good debates with you... this one of yours sounds ignorant and with hypocracy.... you are objecting to Hogg’s rhetoric because you think he is uninformed and doesn’t know what he is talking about... and then you criticize CNNs coverage saying they don’t cover pro gun students while also admitting that you don’t watch CNN except for what you occasionally overhear during your lunch hour. Am I missing something here?
at work right now and don't have time for the full details but you're right - i won't go into overdrive on CNN. i've been there, done that, and i just don't trust them. it's not just CNN pushing Hogg however, it's the left. He's become their poster child and in my opinion he's being willfully used by the left to push an anti-gun agenda to trample on the rights of others while he demands his rights are not affected at all.

when i am flipping channels i'll stop at CNN and just check - yep. some form of bashing to the other side happens within minutes. in the time i *have* put into seeing what they are reporting i never hear counter views. if you're telling me they are there great. link me up to some youtube videos where they give the pro 2nd amendment side some love and i'll watch.

so while i've been dogging on CNN that's just my own "bad habit" but Hogg has been all over the news and not usually in a positive way for overall cooperation to fix a culture problem we have. am i wrong in that summary? or do you feel what he is doing is conducive to getting both sides to the table to talk through this?

*to me* he's an out of control kid who simply doesn't know what he is asking for but simply screaming and cussing out others to cover his own lack of knowledge. the irony of me not watching CNN - i get that and see where you're coming from in that but i was using CNN as an example of what i have seen from all sources in how hogg is coming across to at least me.

and just so you know - i also think it's idiotic to compare him to hitler because of his fist in the air. it's stupid when the left does it, it's stupid when the right does. but when you yell and scream emotionally you just get emotional responses.

emotions won't fix this and he needs to understand and realize the only thing he does with this attacks, as *ALL SIDES DO* with their attacks of this nature, is harden the other side to defend against you.

which is why i said he's a byproduct of our society today and not an effective speaker for his position, to me, at all.

now back to work.

fuck you shit head

programs like this ya retard

PROMISE Program
Whoa there snowflake. Get a hold of the emotions and then come back when your ready to talk like a grown up.

eat shit leftist

you knew damn well what obama era diversionary programs
I know the program you are talking about but I’m not connecting the dots that you are trying to connect. You post piss poor articles wreaking of bias that don’t give an honest account of events and then you draw these ridiculous conclusions that Obama is responsible for the dealths in Parkland. It’s a lazy and sloppy way of debating. Try displaying an honest and accurate understanding of the things you critique before critiquing if you want to be taken seriously. What a joke!

Okay, okay, Obama wasn't responsible....his policies were.
I see yall are having fun with this one. It would just be great if one of you could make an intelligent argument explaining how exactly the policy was responsible.
Obama-Era Education Policy Questioned After Parkland Shooting

Whoa there snowflake. Get a hold of the emotions and then come back when your ready to talk like a grown up.

eat shit leftist

I know the program you are talking about but I’m not connecting the dots that you are trying to connect. You post piss poor articles wreaking of bias that don’t give an honest account of events and then you draw these ridiculous conclusions that Obama is responsible for the dealths in Parkland. It’s a lazy and sloppy way of debating. Try displaying an honest and accurate understanding of the things you critique before critiquing if you want to be taken seriously. What a joke!

I see yall are having fun with this one. It would just be great if one of you could make an intelligent argument explaining how exactly the policy was responsible.
This is the third article I’ve read that doesn’t answer the question with anything specific. What did Cruz do in school that he should have been arrested for?

eat shit leftist

This is the third article I’ve read that doesn’t answer the question with anything specific. What did Cruz do in school that he should have been arrested for?

Don't feel he did anything to have him arrested, certainly enough signs to indicate he was a troubled kid that should not have been able to purchase a gun, maybe even troubled enough to need closer observation/supervision.

he is.

at work right now and don't have time for the full details but you're right - i won't go into overdrive on CNN. i've been there, done that, and i just don't trust them. it's not just CNN pushing Hogg however, it's the left. He's become their poster child and in my opinion he's being willfully used by the left to push an anti-gun agenda to trample on the rights of others while he demands his rights are not affected at all.

when i am flipping channels i'll stop at CNN and just check - yep. some form of bashing to the other side happens within minutes. in the time i *have* put into seeing what they are reporting i never hear counter views. if you're telling me they are there great. link me up to some youtube videos where they give the pro 2nd amendment side some love and i'll watch.

so while i've been dogging on CNN that's just my own "bad habit" but Hogg has been all over the news and not usually in a positive way for overall cooperation to fix a culture problem we have. am i wrong in that summary? or do you feel what he is doing is conducive to getting both sides to the table to talk through this?

*to me* he's an out of control kid who simply doesn't know what he is asking for but simply screaming and cussing out others to cover his own lack of knowledge. the irony of me not watching CNN - i get that and see where you're coming from in that but i was using CNN as an example of what i have seen from all sources in how hogg is coming across to at least me.

and just so you know - i also think it's idiotic to compare him to hitler because of his fist in the air. it's stupid when the left does it, it's stupid when the right does. but when you yell and scream emotionally you just get emotional responses.

emotions won't fix this and he needs to understand and realize the only thing he does with this attacks, as *ALL SIDES DO* with their attacks of this nature, is harden the other side to defend against you.

which is why i said he's a byproduct of our society today and not an effective speaker for his position, to me, at all.

now back to work.
Good response... I’m working too and will try and dig up some examples of pro gun parkland kids being interviewed on cnn, if you’re interested. Yes, the gun control movement is getting more coverage, but they also have an overwhelming majority of people supporting it from that area.

And I agree, kids often show more emotion and platitudes than practical knowledge... I understand why it annoys you, especially given that it is against your beliefs... all I can say is, fact checking is important, honesty and engagement is the goal... no more personal attacks and strawmen from either side.

Don't feel he did anything to have him arrested, certainly enough signs to indicate he was a troubled kid that should not have been able to purchase a gun, maybe even troubled enough to need closer observation/supervision.
I totally agree... but the argument I’ve been hearing is that Obamas Promise program prevented him from being arrested in school which would have made him fail his background check and not be able to purchase the gun he used in the shooting. I just don’t think that argument holds water and I haven’t heard anybody be able to back it up

I totally agree... but the argument I’ve been hearing is that Obamas Promise program prevented him from being arrested in school which would have made him fail his background check and not be able to purchase the gun he used in the shooting. I just don’t think that argument holds water and I haven’t heard anybody be able to back it up

Not my usual go to web-site but they do explain the program.
Broward County Likely ‘Inspiration’ for Obama School Discipline Policy to Report Fewer Arrests, Suspensions | Breitbart

he is.

now back to work.
Good response... I’m working too and will try and dig up some examples of pro gun parkland kids being interviewed on cnn, if you’re interested. Yes, the gun control movement is getting more coverage, but they also have an overwhelming majority of people supporting it from that area.

And I agree, kids often show more emotion and platitudes than practical knowledge... I understand why it annoys you, especially given that it is against your beliefs... all I can say is, fact checking is important, honesty and engagement is the goal... no more personal attacks and strawmen from either side.
yea, my bad this am. i woke up angry and really don't have a reason to be. it's coming out at times and i need to do better at just not posting when i'm in a mood like this.

to be clear - i'm *glad* he's voicing his opinions and helping drive change. we all have that right to do it but he seems far too quick to take away someone elses rights in order to satisfy his own idea of how things *should* be. i call him a product of our society because many these days on both sides are doing the exact same thing. i want what i want and anything less is a failure.

nothing good, to me, can ever come from us being in that collective mindset. kids are far from the only ones who show emotion in this but they are more to be understood when they do. he'll grow up as we all do and we can only hope really that he learns balance along the way.

if you want to be more secure, that involves trade offs. he seems to be demanding actions from all but not willing to make any changes himself. no i don't know the kid however, only how he comes across and it's angry. a "self-serving" angry where i think he eats up the encouragement the left gives him which pushes him to disrespect those he doesn't agree with as a form of discussion.

then again that's far too common. look in here and that's par for the course. a product of todays culture or just the way things are? maybe at times those are one and the same and need to be understood as such. i wish he'd take some time to understand the laws we have on the books and the actual issues behind these shootings but again, that is far from just him doing it. it's most of us to a degree.

anyway - thanks for pulling me back from the ledge as i was starting to get out there.

Not my usual go to web-site but they do explain the program.
Broward County Likely ‘Inspiration’ for Obama School Discipline Policy to Report Fewer Arrests, Suspensions | Breitbart
I’m not seeing anything new in this article... make the case

now back to work.

yea, my bad this am. i woke up angry and really don't have a reason to be. it's coming out at times and i need to do better at just not posting when i'm in a mood like this.

to be clear - i'm *glad* he's voicing his opinions and helping drive change. we all have that right to do it but he seems far too quick to take away someone elses rights in order to satisfy his own idea of how things *should* be. i call him a product of our society because many these days on both sides are doing the exact same thing. i want what i want and anything less is a failure.

nothing good, to me, can ever come from us being in that collective mindset. kids are far from the only ones who show emotion in this but they are more to be understood when they do. he'll grow up as we all do and we can only hope really that he learns balance along the way.

if you want to be more secure, that involves trade offs. he seems to be demanding actions from all but not willing to make any changes himself. no i don't know the kid however, only how he comes across and it's angry. a "self-serving" angry where i think he eats up the encouragement the left gives him which pushes him to disrespect those he doesn't agree with as a form of discussion.

then again that's far too common. look in here and that's par for the course. a product of todays culture or just the way things are? maybe at times those are one and the same and need to be understood as such. i wish he'd take some time to understand the laws we have on the books and the actual issues behind these shootings but again, that is far from just him doing it. it's most of us to a degree.

anyway - thanks for pulling me back from the ledge as i was starting to get out there.
i get it... been here several times myself. Not many on here have the humility or self awareness to say what you just did... kudos for that. Treat yourself to a cold one after work... it’s only Monday!

ok -

Fact Sheet: President Obama’s Promise Zones Initiative

it says nothing about criminal records or not holding people accountable. take out obamas name and most people would agree these are worthy goals. like most things, however, they're not always implemented as intended and get a local spin.

so like you, i'd need to see where the link is between this program and how people are spinning it to blame obama. right now, i don't see it.

This is one of the biggest horse shit articles I’ve read in a while. Why are you referencing it? Do you really take this crap seriously?

Kids are emboldened to beat up teachers because of Obama’s lax policies... Is that a joke? You think these kids follow Obama’s school policies and then decide to beat up teachers because they might not get expelled... and then you try and blame the Florida shooting in that policy?! come on man, get real
Kids don't have any respect because they aren't disciplined. That is a liberal policy. When I went to school if you disrespected a teacher, you got paddled. Liberals stopped that. Oh and you took God out of school, since then it's been going down hill.
So you want teachers to start hitting kids again?! I think you’re on to something... We got a winner here!!! :cuckoo:
Paddling? Yes.
Stick with that argument, makes you sound like a real winner.
That kinda thinking is one of the reasons we have the problems we do.

ok -

it says nothing about criminal records or not holding people accountable. take out obamas name and most people would agree these are worthy goals. like most things, however, they're not always implemented as intended and get a local spin.

so like you, i'd need to see where the link is between this program and how people are spinning it to blame obama. right now, i don't see it.
Yeah the blame Obama narrative is bunk from all I’ve seen. The program sounds legit but I do see areas where things can be improved. For example they could flag kids with violent tendencies for a stronger background checks or restrictions for gun purchases. They can do this without arresting the kid and putting them into the criminal justice system.

I work with at risk kids and I can tell you from first hand experience you don’t want to put kids into the criminal justice program unless necessary as it does not lead to good outcomes. Treating misdemeanors and bad behavior with a school program is a great idea and it has shown some positive results. Let’s make it better not demonize it because it came from obama.

This is one of the biggest horse shit articles I’ve read in a while. Why are you referencing it? Do you really take this crap seriously?

Kids are emboldened to beat up teachers because of Obama’s lax policies... Is that a joke? You think these kids follow Obama’s school policies and then decide to beat up teachers because they might not get expelled... and then you try and blame the Florida shooting in that policy?! come on man, get real
Kids don't have any respect because they aren't disciplined. That is a liberal policy. When I went to school if you disrespected a teacher, you got paddled. Liberals stopped that. Oh and you took God out of school, since then it's been going down hill.
So you want teachers to start hitting kids again?! I think you’re on to something... We got a winner here!!! :cuckoo:
Paddling? Yes.
Stick with that argument, makes you sound like a real winner.
That kinda thinking is one of the reasons we have the problems we do.
How old are you man? Hitting kids does nothing positive for their development. Please explain how hitting a kid who is acting out leads to good outcomes.

ok -

Yeah the blame Obama narrative is bunk from all I’ve seen. The program sounds legit but I do see areas where things can be improved. For example they could flag kids with violent tendencies for a stronger background checks or restrictions for gun purchases. They can do this without arresting the kid and putting them into the criminal justice system.

I work with at risk kids and I can tell you from first hand experience you don’t want to put kids into the criminal justice program unless necessary as it does not lead to good outcomes. Treating misdemeanors and bad behavior with a school program is a great idea and it has shown some positive results. Let’s make it better not demonize it because it came from obama.
i wouldn't want to push anyone there. but people seem to take the path of least resistance in most cases and its easier to "kick the can down the road" than actually fix / correct the issues. working with kids like this has to take a lot of patience on anyone so kudos to you and i can certainly see your patience. :)

the problem is usually that we put these plans on paper and "kick them off" and then we tend to fall back and let people just magically do what we set out to have them do. seldom if ever works that easy and kicking off a plan is just the beginning. setting achievable goals, timetables, and changes along the way are also needed to get what you wanted when the program was put together.

but like you - i don't see a direct connection or the program screaming DO NOT PUNISH KIDS. maybe some took it that way but then go talk to that person or provide a better link back to obama.

plus not to mention the obama policy of not turning violent and criminal students over to law enforcement

instead choosing to cover it up with a diversionary program
The kid had been reported to law enforcement many times. Did you not know that or are you another that is so desperate to blame Obama? Come on, grow up.

of course he had been reported and diverted a product of another failed liberal policy
Explain yourself. Which liberal policy told law enforcement not to act when his neighbor submitted multiple complaints about him. Be specific

fuck you shit head

programs like this ya retard

PROMISE Program
I felt he was spot on with that. You playing ignorant and all.

Forum List

Back