The Democrat's and Some on the Left's problem w/Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Earlier this week I had an exchange w/a fellow USMB poster I believe is generally on the left and they expressed having a problem w/Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

However, when prompted to get to the bottom of their reasons, the response was nothing more than fluff.

Personally, I love everything she stands for and she represents her constituents well, and they support her.

This is to/for those of us on the left, including Democrats, what, if any, are your problems w/Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez?

Let's get to the bottom of if.
Aregentina was a nation with great potential. Then they went down the wrong path politically and is still suffering today as compared to what they could be.....AOC...Don't cry for me Aregentina! The end result though will be a combination of hard-working capitalism and communist style leadership.

Are you able to articulate how Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is "the problem?"

If so, I'm looking forward to it.
marc the key thing here is.....she says some stupid things and then then gets the treatment for saying it......and i know you know what i mean marc.....so she is her own worst problem......

if you want to change the country get rid of the fucking parties and lets all start 1 party....the United States of America party,lets get this Country back to no.1 first and then worry about starting parties so we can divide our selves again.....
One Party rule...doesn't sound like a very good idea.

Perhaps what we need is to have many major parties instead of just two...but that's a pipe dream.

its funny how both sides vote for the so called "lessor" evil......so thats saying that both sides are ok with voting for evil,as long as its their evil................no wonder so many good things we have had are suffering.....evil is still evil.......
Just a figure of speech, I could not vote for a person I thought was evil.

Did you read the article? Are you a fan of AOC?

I did. Did you...this was part of your link....But one waitress has a bad memory of working with Ocasio-Cortez, 28

I am not a fan of AOC, I just do not see the relevance to one co-worker not liking her. Could we find someone you have worked with that did not really care for you? Should we use that one person to judge you?

This is like all those above bashing her for being a server/bartender as if that is not a worthy job. My daughter helped pay her way though college as a server and it is a damn hard job.

come on bobo you aint that stupid....
My aunt in Florida was bitching about my governor in Michigan. I'm telling you that when a hot new young Democratic politician comes around, the national GOP trash that person long before that person runs for higher office.

Clearly they/you fear AOC.

Earlier this week I had an exchange w/a fellow USMB poster I believe is generally on the left and they expressed having a problem w/Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

However, when prompted to get to the bottom of their reasons, the response was nothing more than fluff.

Personally, I love everything she stands for and she represents her constituents well, and they support her.

This is to/for those of us on the left, including Democrats, what, if any, are your problems w/Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez?

Let's get to the bottom of if.
You’re so correct on this.

Low IQ AOC is a perfect representation of modern day Dems. She’s a petulant child and a hypocrite.

1. How did Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez undermine the Democratic Party, isn't it Manchenima that's been undermining the Democratic Partry for Biden's entire Administration
2. What agenda are they pushing, what's "too far left?" Provide specifics.
3. "Perceived as middle-of-the-road" please expound on this, do you mean they should run as Republican light? List the recent candidates who were successful at this.
4. So you actually agree w/what you derogatively term as "far left agenda", but you don't want to promote it or push for it publicly, isn't this dishonest? Doesn't it lack principles?

The Democratic Party may have the Oval Office, but they have only a tiny majority in the House, and the slimest majority in the Senate.

They DO NOT have a mandate. The vast majority of Americans are NOT on board with AOC's agenda.

If you want to call middle-of-the-road democrats "Republican light", be my guest, but they win elections.

Yes, I agree with most of AOC's agenda, but I don't agree with a LOSING strategy for implementing it. I'm for a winning strategy that will actually succeed in implementing it.

Yes, it is dishonest, But when it comes to politics, the American people CAN'T HANDLE the TRUTH. Besides, the tactics of the Republican Party justify unprincipled tactics by the Democrats. Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

Manchin was right when he said that if the Democrats want to pass BBB, they have to win more elections. AOC and the far left are undermining that possibility.

Maybe you should travel out of your urban shell and get to know America. You'd find that America is still a 'Cowboy' country. That's a reality that liberals have to deal with...because we're a Democracy.

AOC supports

Universal Healthcare
The environment
Low cost higher education
Better wages
Higher taxes on the wealthy
She doesn’t support “better wages” unless you are including wages for illegals and immigrants from third world countries. She supports mass immigration which drives down wages. She supports printing more money which makes dollars more worthless.

She also doesn’t support higher taxes on the wealthy. Build (China) Back Better includes huge tax cuts for the ultra rich thanks to increasing SALT deductions.

My aunt in Florida was bitching about my governor in Michigan. I'm telling you that when a hot new young Democratic politician comes around, the national GOP trash that person long before that person runs for higher office.

Clearly they/you fear AOC.
bobo i dont fear your new girlfriend......she has no bearing on my life.....what she does, does not affect me....and your governor is sure better to look at than mine...

She doesn’t support “better wages” unless you are including wages for illegals and immigrants from third world countries. She supports mass immigration which drives down wages. She supports printing more money which makes dollars more worthless.

She also doesn’t support higher taxes on the wealthy. Build (China) Back Better includes huge tax cuts for the ultra rich thanks to increasing SALT deductions.
AOC supports better wages for all working Americans

Forum List

Back