The Democrats Present Bill To Restore Freedom Against The NSA

Which is exactly how it’s supposed to work, as opposed to whining in ignorance about how the surveillance programs are ‘illegal’ or ‘un-Constitutional.’

The people authorized the surveillance programs, and the people need to end them if that’s their desire – this is a political matter for the ballot box, not a legal matter for the courts.

Which is exactly how it’s supposed to work, as opposed to whining in ignorance about how the surveillance programs are ‘illegal’ or ‘un-Constitutional.’

The people authorized the surveillance programs, and the people need to end them if that’s their desire – this is a political matter for the ballot box, not a legal matter for the courts.

Sadly, no, it's not. The court is supposed to hold the line on limiting this kind of state overreach. Unfortunately, your ilk endorses a court that rubber stamps this shit.

Sadly, no, it's not. The court is supposed to hold the line on limiting this kind of state overreach. Unfortunately, your ilk endorses a court that rubber stamps this shit.

It's you folks that are holding there is no Constitutional right to privacy.

Well is there or isn't there?

Personally? I think there is..it's not explicit but it exists.

It's you folks that are holding there is no Constitutional right to privacy.

Well is there or isn't there?

Personally? I think there is..it's not explicit but it exists.

Who do you think you're talking to?

The freaking president can stop NSA spying. The reason republicans consider a bill is to force the a-hole to do it.

Is there any intelligence left out there? Hello?

So now They want to fix something else that they broke? The Patriot Act does not give the NSA the power to collect all phone records. It specifically state they have to get a warrant. And under what circumstances they can get the warrant...They have not been following the guidlines set up in the Pat Act......

Fire all of congress and lets start over.............

The Patriot Act absolutely gives the government the power to do that. Obama didn't expand it, he's not using it against the original intent. It was created so the government could spy on anyone they wanted to without a warrant, and that's exactly how the government's using it.

Sorry, but you are wrong. This administration has illegally gone beyond the powers that the Patriot Act gives them...try reading the Act sometime.... This so called proposed Bill is BS because it shouldn't be needed....

There is nothing in that article that suggest the majority of Democrats in Congress are even in support of the bill.

It will be funny to see the D-bag Democrats show their true freedom-hating ways when they shoot this down,..

The democrats support freedom over fascist right wing tyranny, that's why the democrats presented the bill, and only a single right winger signed on.

Just so you will know who owns this. Who controlled the Senate in 2011?

On May 26, 2011, President Barack Obama signed the PATRIOT Sunsets Extension Act of 2011, a four-year extension of three key provisions in the USA PATRIOT Act: roving wiretaps, searches of business records (the "library records provision"), and conducting surveillance of "lone wolves"—individuals suspected of terrorist-related activities not linked to terrorist groups.

So now They want to fix something else that they broke? The Patriot Act does not give the NSA the power to collect all phone records. It specifically state they have to get a warrant. And under what circumstances they can get the warrant...They have not been following the guidlines set up in the Pat Act......

The Patriot Act absolutely gives the government the power to do that. Obama didn't expand it, he's not using it against the original intent. It was created so the government could spy on anyone they wanted to without a warrant, and that's exactly how the government's using it.

100% correct. The right wing meltdown is unreal.

Wrong answer......

Sorry, but you are wrong. This administration has illegally gone beyond the powers that the Patriot Act gives them...try reading the Act sometime.... This so called proposed Bill is BS because it shouldn't be needed....
I read the act. Did you? It lets them do whatever they want to anyone they want anywhere they want any time they want for any reason they want. And it's fully funded, thanks.

I read the act. Did you? It lets them do whatever they want to anyone they want anywhere they want any time they want for any reason they want. And it's fully funded, thanks.

We must speak different languages then...... i don't see that anywhere in the Act....

There is nothing in that article that suggest the majority of Democrats in Congress are even in support of the bill.

It will be funny to see the D-bag Democrats show their true freedom-hating ways when they shoot this down,..

The democrats support freedom over fascist right wing tyranny, that's why the democrats presented the bill, and only a single right winger signed on.

On May 26, 2011, President Barack Obama signed the PATRIOT Sunsets Extension Act of 2011, a four-year extension of three key provisions in the USA PATRIOT Act: roving wiretaps, searches of business records (the "library records provision"), and conducting surveillance of "lone wolves"—individuals suspected of terrorist-related activities not linked to terrorist groups.

Look at the votes, only about 1/3 of the democrats voted in favor, but virtually all of the right wingers and teabaggers voted for it.

If the teabaggers are supposedly so "pro constitution!" and "pro freedom!" why would they support the most anti-freedom and anti-constitution bill ever written? :eusa_think:

The Democrats Present Bill Clinton Because Obama is a Complete Embarrassment

^ fix

:eusa_whistle:

Look at the votes, only about 1/3 of the democrats voted in favor, but virtually all of the right wingers and teabaggers voted for it.

If the teabaggers are supposedly so "pro constitution!" and "pro freedom!" why would they support the most anti-freedom and anti-constitution bill ever written? :eusa_think:

A Democrat Senator authored and sponsored the bill and 30 Dems voted Aye, 18 voted NAY.

A Democrat Senator authored and sponsored the bill and 30 Dems voted Aye, 18 voted NAY.

How did the GOP/teabaggers vote? INCLUDING the house? :up:

I suspect that they voted like the majority of the Democrat Senators did. I got the Senate vote where almost 2/3 of the Democrat Senators voted FOR a Democrat sponsored bill for you. If you don't like the way the GOP voted, you must really be pissed that the Democrats sponsored and passed this bill in the Senate and then got the GOP to vote with them in the House.

Keep grasping at straws, it is making you look silly.

Last edited:

I suspect that they voted like the majority of the Democrat Senators did. I got the Senate vote where almost 2/3 of the Democrat Senators voted FOR a Democrat sponsored bill for you. If you don't like the way the GOP voted, you must really be pissed that the Democrats sponsored and passed this bill in the Senate and then got the GOP to vote with them in the House.

Keep grasping at straws, it is making you look silly.

Your pathetic deflection attempts are downright comical. :lol: Why do you support a party like the GOP that hates freedom and the constitution so much?

Democrats can play their base like a fiddle

they screw up something then act like they are the hero's riding in to FIX IT...

It's all a game for them and their base continually falls for it

We must speak different languages then...... i don't see that anywhere in the Act....

You don't speak English?

Then you're being willfully ignorant.

You don't speak English?

I do. I saw the words FISA court and warrants mentioned in the Act. So sometimes, a reason is required.

Forum List

Back