The Democrats Present Bill To Restore Freedom Against The NSA

How did the GOP/teabaggers vote? INCLUDING the house? :up:

I suspect that they voted like the majority of the Democrat Senators did. I got the Senate vote where almost 2/3 of the Democrat Senators voted FOR a Democrat sponsored bill for you. If you don't like the way the GOP voted, you must really be pissed that the Democrats sponsored and passed this bill in the Senate and then got the GOP to vote with them in the House.

Keep grasping at straws, it is making you look silly.

Your pathetic deflection attempts are downright comical. :lol: Why do you support a party like the GOP that hates freedom and the constitution so much?

Obama is the one using the Patriot Act to spy on American citizens. The last time I checked he is a Democrat. Take your bitch up with him, not me.

Is there any intelligence left out there? Hello?

So now They want to fix something else that they broke? The Patriot Act does not give the NSA the power to collect all these phone records. It specifically states that they have to get a warrant. And under what circumstances they can get the warrant...They have not been following the guidlines set up in the Pat Act......

Fire all of congress and lets start over.............

Yes, we'll senator Church warned us of what the NSA could become, 40 years ago, without the necessary oversight. In hind sight, when read, it's more a prophecy. Mostly STILL being ignored. Here anyway. If anybody caught it, the president of Brazil had the lead speech at the UN and grabbed the US by the ankles and beat us up against the wall for violating the sovereignty of brazil generally and government officials specifically by using the NSA to spy on their phones, e-mail and other personal data. She also cancelled a scheduled meeting with Obama last month , because of this, and she just recently announced the BRICS creating an independent Internet.

I suspect that they voted like the majority of the Democrat Senators did. I got the Senate vote where almost 2/3 of the Democrat Senators voted FOR a Democrat sponsored bill for you. If you don't like the way the GOP voted, you must really be pissed that the Democrats sponsored and passed this bill in the Senate and then got the GOP to vote with them in the House.

Your pathetic deflection attempts are downright comical. :lol: Why do you support a party like the GOP that hates freedom and the constitution so much?

Obama is the one using the Patriot Act to spy on American citizens. The last time I checked he is a Democrat. Take your bitch up with him, not me.

It's been going on for 40 years, just getting progressively worse, both as technology increases and American citizens apathy toward there own civil liberty increases. Add to that partisans that carry water for their party, regardless of what they do. Ignoring or making excuses for party sins while exploiting the slightest infractions of the other party, as witnessed throughout this thread. It's not a fucking football game people, it's our very real lives and futures and our republic at stake. There IS no good side. They both are bad, we best see the ass and elephant for what they are instead of arguing back and forth over which one is better than the other.

And Bush did it TOO! Why the partisanship. Do we want this to stop, or just keep up with the fingerprinting. Is it only foreigners that can see what's happening here?

And Bush did it TOO! Why the partisanship. Do we want this to stop, or just keep up with the fingerprinting. Is it only foreigners that can see what's happening here?

I could hardly wait for the Bush did it too. Bush is history, Obama is the now. The Democrat controlled Senate could put a stop to it if Obama told them too. Harry Reid does EVERYTHING else that Obama ask (tells) him to do.

I could hardly wait for the Bush did it too. Bush is history, Obama is the now. The Democrat controlled Senate could put a stop to it if Obama told them too. Harry Reid does EVERYTHING else that Obama ask (tells) him to do.

The republicans could fight to shut it down as well just like they are trying to do with the affordable care act, but of course they won't do that, they created the freakin' bill and the first place and almost unanimously support it to this day.

You are downright pathetic with your deflections trying to blame the dems for what the constitution shredding right wing shitheads you support did.

The republicans could fight to shut it down as well just like they are trying to do with the affordable care act, but of course they won't do that, they created the freakin' bill and the first place and almost unanimously support it to this day.

You are downright pathetic with your deflections trying to blame the dems for what the constitution shredding right wing shitheads you support did.

Speaking of pathetic, what good would it do for the House to send a bill to the Senate to defund the Patriot Act. Only a fool would think that Harry Reid would bring it to the Senate floor or that if he did the Democrats would pass it.

Think, Republican budget bills!

Know this, that I above all else respect and support the constitution of the United States. I do not like the current administration and i hate the direction my country is being taken.

However I also respect truth and fact.

Read the Act.... There are parts I don't like but this current NSA scandal is not supported by it.....And never was... The Actions of this administration and the NSA are unconstitutional.

Know this, that I above all else respect and support the constitution of the United States. I do not like the current administration and i hate the direction my country is being taken.

Read the Act.... There are parts I don't like but this current NSA scandal is not supported by it.....And never was... The Actions of this administration and the NSA are unconstitutional.

The patriot act is unconstitutional and the GOP trash rammed it through anyway.
If it wasn't for the right wing idiots, there would be no NSA.

Last edited by a moderator:

No the Pat Act is not unconstitutional. please quote any part of it that you think is....

And while you are at it please tell us why you ignore the fact that your hero Obama has extended the Pat Act and it is under his administration that the NSA broke from the requirements in the Pat Act and have engaged in unconstitutional activity....

No no, your not getting away with that shit. Don't twist my 'Bush did it too' to mean I excuse Bush doing it too! My point is that Americans had better dispense with the partisan bullshit which you and so many others here are pushing and be god damn americans first or your little ass and elephant game won't matter. This NSA bullshit has been going on for a very long time and its only getting worse because instead of ganging up on Washington as Americans and demanding it stop. We're busy playing teams against each other.

No no, your not getting away with that shit. Don't twist my 'Bush did it too' to mean I excuse Bush doing it too! My point is that Americans had better dispense with the partisan bullshit which you and so many others here are pushing and be god damn americans first or your little ass and elephant game won't matter. This NSA bullshit has been going on for a very long time and its only getting worse because instead of ganging up on Washington as Americans and demanding it stop. We're busy playing teams against each other.

I agree with everything you said above. I did not support Bush when he pushed for this during his Administration. Under Obama, it has expanded exponentially, and it is an affront to anyone who values our civil liberties. You cannot trade freedom for security. It does not work. James Madison...the man who basically fathered the Constitution and Bill of Rights, said the following.

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."

With all due respect, you are attempting to make your point with a political hack. He will never concede a point, or say a negative thing about team Obama. You are wasting your time. I made the attempt, and it was frankly worthless. But for what it is worth, I respect your point of view in this matter, and agree with you wholeheartedly.

Ya'all need to STOP arguing about who's fault this spying is. Both parties own it. Unless we hit this head on as Americans and stop it already with the partisan bullshit, your fucking parties won't matter!!

Senator Church’s Prophetic Warning

Senator Frank Church – who chaired the famous “Church Committee” into the unlawful FBI Cointel program, and who chaired the Senate Foreign Relations Committee – said in 1975:

“Th[e National Security Agency's] capability at any time could be turned around on the American people, and no American would have any privacy left, such is the capability to monitor everything: telephone conversations, telegrams, it doesn’t matter. There would be no place to hide. [If a dictator ever took over, the N.S.A.] could enable it to impose total tyranny, and there would be no way to fight back.“

Now, the NSA is building a $2 billion dollar facility in Utah which will use the world’s most powerful supercomputer to monitor virtually all phone calls, emails, internet usage, purchases and rentals, break all encryption, and then store everyone’s data permanently.

The former head of the program for the NSA recently held his thumb and forefinger close together, and said:

We are, like, that far from a turnkey totalitarian state.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012...-no-american-would-have-any-privacy-left.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Church

Last edited:

I agree with everything you said above. I did not support Bush when he pushed for this during his Administration. Under Obama, it has expanded exponentially, and it is an affront to anyone who values our civil liberties. You cannot trade freedom for security. It does not work. James Madison...the man who basically fathered the Constitution and Bill of Rights, said the following.

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."

With all due respect, you are attempting to make your point with a political hack. He will never concede a point, or say a negative thing about team Obama. You are wasting your time. I made the attempt, and it was frankly worthless. But for what it is worth, I respect your point of view in this matter, and agree with you wholeheartedly.

Thank you. Obviously I'm new here and don't know ya'all yet. But I will learn in time. Thanks for the content of your post as well! I agree. And great quote from Madison!!!!

Last edited:
We must speak different languages then...... i don't see that anywhere in the Act....

You don't speak English?

I do. I saw the words FISA court and warrants mentioned in the Act. So sometimes, a reason is required.

Even in the case where a warrant was described as required, It's not a warrant like you or I would expect. It's a blanket warrant that gives (gave) all members of our government the ability to do whatever they want, when ever they want for any reason they want for as long as they want without any court oversight. One judge gives (yes already gave) "blanket" unlimited authorization for anyone to do anything anyone wanted to do to anyone. This government is a joke.

No the Pat Act is not unconstitutional. please quote any part of it that you think is....

And while you are at it please tell us why you ignore the fact that your hero Obama has extended the Pat Act and it is under his administration that the NSA broke from the requirements in the Pat Act and have engaged in unconstitutional activity....

WOW yeah cause killing unarmed American citizens with drone attacks while they are eating lunch at an outdoor cafe and/or taking a "drive" without a trial, without being read their rights, without being afforded legal representation, without even being told why they are being killed, is constitutional.

Cause skimming through every American citizen's private papers, emails and such, looking for evidence to water board US citizens is constitutional.

I understand. You hate the pat Act. But hate it for what it is, not what it isn't.

Still waiting to see the paragraph/line number that gives this blanket.....

I understand. You hate the pat Act. But hate it for what it is, not what it isn't.

Still waiting to see the paragraph/line number that gives this blanket.....

I'm gonna be lazy at the moment, you cite where you think it's restricted and I'll point out where the language provides the circumvention. See existing statements from federal lawmakers admitting that I'm correct as evidence, sans me pointing out where the law permits such acts. I would suggest you start with "authority" and "immunity." Perhaps even starting in the wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA_PATRIOT_Act See the heading "Controversy."

Last edited:
So you make a claim and want me to prove it for you......And send me to wiki to do so?

Really?

I don't think so....

Forum List

Back