The Democrats white man problem

As a left leaning Independent, I tend to vote Democrat more than Republican, but it's high time the Democrats face a very unpleasant issue:

From the 40's to the 80's, my father was a working class, blue collar, pro union Democrat. The kind of guy the Democratic lawmakers could count on for their vote. Enter the Reagan revolution, and the landscape began to change. Democratic strategists began to take guys like my father for granted. Democrats began their feminist friendly, gay friendly, immigrant friendly, entitlement friendly, minority friendly march to the present day. Reaching out to these groups is all well and good up to a point, but in doing so, the Democratic party has allowed their once strong core of support to drift away. Today the working class white male feels like little more than an afterthought in the Democratic party. Democratic lawmakers and strategists had better find a way to reverse this exodus, or their problems will only get worse.

The math is clear: Democrats need to win more working-class white votes

When you have lived a life of privilege, you see a march toward equality as a march toward oppression.

You are a person who lacks empathy for those who’ve not had a fair shake in this nation. And you are not going to forego your sense of entitlement in order to ensure that the playing field is leveled.

Vote GOP, guy. We can live without your support.
First you earn, then maybe privledges come, but never criticize before experiencing both

What?

The illiberal leftist authoritarians who are currently in control of the Democratic Party are simply waiting for enough white men to die off that it will be over.

This is the reason you don't see them trying to attract white men. This is why you see them still insulting white men. This is why you see them putting zero (0) effort into healing this country's racial wounds.

And, looking at the numbers, observing demographics, it appears to be a perfectly workable plan. Ugly, but workable.

Yup, Stormy Mac, you totally need the Democrats to appeal more to this shithead.

upload_2018-5-7_5-20-10.jpeg

Because clearly he needs a hug.

In the real world, most of us realize that if after 2008, when the Republicans brought us economic ruin and pointless war, and the majority of white people STILL voted for McCain, there's really only so much effort you can make to get these people to put their economic interests over their own religious, racial and sexual hangups.

"Yeah, my mortgage might be underwater and my 401K busted, but at least they are keeping those Darkies and Queers in their place!"

Trump can (and probably will) completely wreck the economy, and the majority of White People are still going to vote for him in 2020. The real question is, will correct thinking white folks and minorities get behind the Democratic alternative, or will some of them throw hissies and waste their votes on third party candidates like they did in 2016.

The illiberal leftist authoritarians who are currently in control of the Democratic Party are simply waiting for enough white men to die off that it will be over.

This is the reason you don't see them trying to attract white men. This is why you see them still insulting white men. This is why you see them putting zero (0) effort into healing this country's racial wounds.

And, looking at the numbers, observing demographics, it appears to be a perfectly workable plan. Ugly, but workable.

Yup, Stormy Mac, you totally need the Democrats to appeal more to this shithead.

View attachment 192262

Because clearly he needs a hug.

In the real world, most of us realize that if after 2008, when the Republicans brought us economic ruin and pointless war, and the majority of white people STILL voted for McCain, there's really only so much effort you can make to get these people to put their economic interests over their own religious, racial and sexual hangups.

"Yeah, my mortgage might be underwater and my 401K busted, but at least they are keeping those Darkies and Queers in their place!"

Trump can (and probably will) completely wreck the economy, and the majority of White People are still going to vote for him in 2020. The real question is, will correct thinking white folks and minorities get behind the Democratic alternative, or will some of them throw hissies and waste their votes on third party candidates like they did in 2016.
bill718 , please see above.

Which is exactly why the Democrats are trying to are to eliminate you; you just don't have the smarts to figure it out yet.

No, you see, the problem is, I see myself as a working person, not a white person.

I recognize that the Hispanic Lesbian is really in the same economic boat I am in if I'm not one of the One Percent.

You don't have the smarts to realize that the One Percent sees you as largely expendable... if cutting your health insurance makes them a buck, they'll happily do it.

Working class whites are the demographic that the democrats are working to replace.

That's going a bit too far I think, but the Democrats have a lot of work to do if they want to win back the white male vote.

How’s that going to far? Many union jobs are being filled by low wage non-union wet backs, which puts white male union members on the couch. Democrats see more numbers courting wet backs, not some old white dude sitting on his couch.

And Joe makes it ugly and personal, again.

bill718 , this is who these people are.

GUy, it's ugly with you because you are a fake and a phony.

Hey, I actually have more respect for Ray. He's a racist republican and he's pretty freely admitting it. He doesn't pretend to be something he isn't.

He keeps voting Republican even when the One Percent cut his health insurance.

How’s that going to far? Many union jobs are being filled by low wage non-union wet backs, which puts white male union members on the couch. Democrats see more numbers courting wet backs, not some old white dude sitting on his couch.

Except they aren't filling the "Union jobs", and it's the White Southern States that are all "Right to Work".

Here's what happened to most of those Union Jobs. They got replaced by machines.

upload_2018-5-7_5-35-46.jpeg

I look forward to the rule of our benevolent Robot Overlords!

The real question is, why the White People voting against their own economic interests didn't adapt when the economy changed.

Except they aren't filling the "Union jobs", and it's the White Southern States that are all "Right to Work".

Here's what happened to most of those Union Jobs. They got replaced by machines.

View attachment 192263
I look forward to the rule of our benevolent Robot Overlords!

The real question is, why the White People voting against their own economic interests didn't adapt when the economy changed.

That’s right, they aren’t, jobs that would use union labor are using slaves from south of the border instead. If white people wanted to vote agains their economic well being Hillary would be president now, she is not. White people are sick of being made to feel like criminals for being successful. Then you have the unions them selves which are nothing more then money rackets these days. Union labor used to mean quality. Now it means nothing except you get more payed days off a year and can’t get fired for messing up.

That’s right, they aren’t, jobs that would use union labor are using slaves from south of the border instead. If white people wanted to vote agains their economic well being Hillary would be president now, she is not. White people are sick of being made to feel like criminals for being successful. Then you have the unions them selves which are nothing more then money rackets these days. Union labor used to mean quality. Now it means nothing except you get more payed days off a year and can’t get fired for messing up.

Okay, last time I checked, you had to capture slaves and bring them to your country, not hope they managed to sneak in to take the job after forging credentials to work.

Here's the thing. I've worked in a lot of manufacturing plants over the last 20 years, and do you know what I almost never saw on the assembly lines? White dudes. Or if I did see a white dude, he was from Poland.

Usually, what I've seen are Hispanic and Indian ladies.. they aren't slaves, they are usually citizens who have chosen this line of work. The Indian ladies usually work these jobs so their husbands have health insurance for the family while they are running some small business.

It's not that white guys can't get those jobs, it's that they don't want them. They don't want to slave away in a factory for 40 years like the old man did.

No, I do think Unions are outdated and have a lot of issues.. but the alternative we are living now is a lot worse. Kids who go to school and wind up with a mountain of debt to get entry level jobs? How is that smart?

As a left leaning Independent, I tend to vote Democrat more than Republican, but it's high time the Democrats face a very unpleasant issue:

From the 40's to the 80's, my father was a working class, blue collar, pro union Democrat. The kind of guy the Democratic lawmakers could count on for their vote. Enter the Reagan revolution, and the landscape began to change. Democratic strategists began to take guys like my father for granted. Democrats began their feminist friendly, gay friendly, immigrant friendly, entitlement friendly, minority friendly march to the present day. Reaching out to these groups is all well and good up to a point, but in doing so, the Democratic party has allowed their once strong core of support to drift away. Today the working class white male feels like little more than an afterthought in the Democratic party. Democratic lawmakers and strategists had better find a way to reverse this exodus, or their problems will only get worse.

Afterthought is probably the best way to put it.

I would put it this way, "area of focus" but I like your term too. The Democrats, to me, seem to be this political party that is run much like a business runs things. I have AT&T for cable TV in my condo. I see ads in our commons for 2 years of cable TV at $49.00 per year; HBO, Showtime, and Cinemax included....new subscribers only. I have had AT&T for nearly a decade but those 3 networks would cost me an extra 41 a month or something like that. The Democrats seem to be geared more toward any new demographic that presents itself. Confused about what bathroom to use? Democrats got your back. Offended by a bakery that you want to bake your wedding cake turning you down, call the Democrats!!! I do not see why a white male who is a Democrat would be offended by the inclusion of the gender confused and the hyper sensitive, but I also don't see why the Democrats go out of their way to try to legitimize every quirk of the species with laws and specific representation.

We have this calendar in our breakroom that is meant as a joke. Virtually every single workday is a day dedicated to someone. Today is national barrier awareness day by the way. I can imagine what the calendar at the DNC is. May 29 is National Hispanic Females Who Dress Like Males but Secretly Wish They were Asian Day.
So you just summed up why the Democratic Party is completely dysfunctional and fucked-up. Oh, and I’m not offended when gay people want a wedding cake or want inclusion. I get pissed at the crybaby nonsense of attempting to make it a civil rights issue. The bakery owner has rights too. They DNC went out of its way to make the Philadelphia Convention the most anti-law enforcement, anti-sovereignty, anti-current taxpaying U.S. citizen, anti-white male, political gathering in history.

Again, all bluster, no citations, no effort to cite anything except what agrees with your warped point of view.

Now some facts:

HRC got 3,000,000+/- more votes than Donald Trump. Not bad for a Party that is "dysfunctional and fucked up". Also not bad for a Party who, if we use History as a guide, that should be on the outs after occupying the Oval for 8 years. Source: United States presidential election, 2016 - Wikipedia
United States presidential election - Wikipedia

Trump's margin of victory in WI, PA, and MI was less than 100,000 votes. Not 100,000 in each state, 100,000 combined.
United States presidential election, 2016 - Wikipedia

As for the 2016 DNC convention....you offer nothing but your warped, jaded opinion.
So why did Trump win blue states in Rust Belt? Why does GOP control 2/3rds of state legislatures, and governor mansions? Why does GOP now control all three branches of federal government? Because Americans reject the Democratic Party.

Simple...the Democrats cared more about the subsets than the larger groups (or so it seemed), Hillary was unlikeable...I personally think the collapse on 9/11 weighed more heavily than the media ever said it did, Trump out maneuvered Clinton, and made a lot of promises that there was zero chance he'd keep--but sold them effectively enough to get enough people to believe. The Dems actually picked up seats in the Senate in the 2016 election. As for the House and the States, you're right, the Dems have been rejected for a while.

In other words, you easily chose to let Filthy Don punk you out. Nice. :113:

Last edited:
Which is exactly why the Democrats are trying to are to eliminate you; you just don't have the smarts to figure it out yet.

No, you see, the problem is, I see myself as a working person, not a white person.

I recognize that the Hispanic Lesbian is really in the same economic boat I am in if I'm not one of the One Percent.

You don't have the smarts to realize that the One Percent sees you as largely expendable... if cutting your health insurance makes them a buck, they'll happily do it.

The one percent never cut my insurance. In fact, the effects of Commie Care were mostly felt by employees (like myself) of small businesses. Most larger businesses kept their health insurance because they had it before Commie Care so it didn't effect them one way or another.

This was the Bernie Sanders platform. He kept insisting that Democrats had neglected working class whites, and especially working class white men, for too long. It would lead to Clinton losing, he insisted, and it was why he felt he could defeat Trump despite being so much further left than Clinton. I wonder how that ever turned out.

An afterthought?

White males represent toxic masculinity to be disposed of to the party...

This was the Bernie Sanders platform. He kept insisting that Democrats had neglected working class whites, and especially working class white men, for too long. It would lead to Clinton losing, he insisted, and it was why he felt he could defeat Trump despite being so much further left than Clinton. I wonder how that ever turned out.

I tell you how it would have turned out.

I think you all know how much I fucking hate Trump. But given a choice between Trump and Commie Bernie, I'd probably vote for Trump.

This is a bullshit conversation. White men are doing just fucking fine... In fact being born white with a pair of testicles is pretty much the E-ticket in Disney America.

White people aren't voting their economic anxiety, they are voting their racial fear.

The way the Dems treat White Folk...

There will come a day, in the not-too-distant future, where Whites will begin voting as a Monolith of sorts...

Rather like the way that Hispanics and Blacks do...

The Dems need to have a Come-to-Jesus-Moment and kiss and make-up with White Straight Christian America...

Before another wave of Trump Democrats cross over in 2018 and 2020...

Because if there's a Second Surge of these Trump Democrats, the DNC is gonna have to file for bankruptcy...

They can start by ditching the Hispanic as DNC Chair and the Black Muslim as DNC Vice Chair...

Not brightest-crayon-in-the-box thinking in appointing those two, hard on the heels of The Humiliation of 2016...

More like doubling-down on Stupid.

Forum List

Back