The Derek Chauvin Trial Thread

And this:

Yes, the police do unnecessarily violent things sometimes.

And public school teachers sometimes molest their students, Doctors sometimes accidentally kill their patients.....

Your point?

And this:

And public school teachers sometimes molest their students, Doctors sometimes accidentally kill their patients.....

Your point?

That, for one thing, "race" is not the sole issue. Another 'point' is the concern that police resort too quickly to their firearm to protect themselves while putting citizens in danger.
What is your 'point'?

And this:

Your point?

That, for one thing, "race" is not the sole issue. Another 'point' is the concern that police resort too quickly to their firearm to protect themselves while putting citizens in danger.
What is your 'point'?

Police don't kill people on a whim....and of the cases were people are shot and killed, for almost all of them, the escalation lies with the criminal, not the police.

I'm predicting it'll be a hung jury or an acquittal. I hope he gets convicted but I predict it will be something different.
Let's hope and pray you're wrong and a deserved guilty verdict is awarded.

Don't count on it Marc, we have seen far worse when it comes the Justice System in this country.

And even a guilty conviction means nothing.

Amber Guyger killed a black man--in his own home--who was unarmed. She says she walked into the wrong home and did what we all would have done...killed someone. She was convicted of murder. She got 10 years.

Guys in Texas ( same state as Guyger) are doing 40 years for burglary.
Why are you trying to manipulate again...she had just moved into an apartment. She mistakenly got off on the wrong floor and didn't realize it and went over to what she thought was her apartment...there was no intention to do malice on her part. She did not set out to attack anyone---she was simply mistaken about the apartments and likely was suffering from PTSD from a previous attack while being a cop.

Chauvin's fate is reduced down to an emotional issue that's become politics.

But there's something much bigger than that involved. Chauvin appeard to be demonstrating to Americans that he had a right to murder a black man in broad daylight. And he even kept one hand in his pocket to bring home the point that he could do it with impunity.

Don't you think the verdict on Chauvin will set America's course for the foreseeable future? I think this is the watershed issue that the extreme right has waited for in expectation of sealing it for black people.

I'm even beginning to think that it all could have been prearranged because it's just too ugly and prefect to have happened by chance. I see some possibility of the prearrangements being the near perfect setup for Chauvin's defense. They chose a black victim who could be just alive enough to be murdered by a cop soon enough to make it look to have the right effect. Clever! Sends the perfect message to all black men!
That is: yer fkn dead if you do so much as jay walk!
I don't believe the rightwing claptrap that Mr. Floyd had deadly amounts of some drug in his system.

Were it not for Chauvin and that knee to the neck, George Floyd would be alive and well to this day.
I don't believe it either but I don't find it to be important in the least.
We witnessed a coldblooded murder by a cop (s) and there's nothing that can make that less true!

But of huge importance in my opinion is whether he walks or is punished. It stands out as the clearest demonstration of police murder of any of the past demonstrations by police. And Chauvin magnified his crass coldblooded attempt to demonstrate his right to murder, with his hand in his pocket that was meant to indicate to everybody that there was no effort needed and no resistance from George Floyd's unconscious, and then dead body.

The outcome of the trial set the bar for police murder and if he walks then can't ever again be any defense against accusations of fascism coming to America.

With that in mind, Chauvin could suffer the wrist slap and perhaps go to jail for a holiday for a year, reduced to 1 month for good behaviour.

Chauvin's fate is reduced down to an emotional issue that's become politics.

But there's something much bigger than that involved. Chauvin appeard to be demonstrating to Americans that he had a right to murder a black man in broad daylight. And he even kept one hand in his pocket to bring home the point that he could do it with impunity.

Don't you think the verdict on Chauvin will set America's course for the foreseeable future? I think this is the watershed issue that the extreme right has waited for in expectation of sealing it for black people.

I'm even beginning to think that it all could have been prearranged because it's just too ugly and prefect to have happened by chance. I see some possibility of the prearrangements being the near perfect setup for Chauvin's defense. They chose a black victim who could be just alive enough to be murdered by a cop soon enough to make it look to have the right effect. Clever! Sends the perfect message to all black men!
That is: yer fkn dead if you do so much as jay walk!
I don't believe the rightwing claptrap that Mr. Floyd had deadly amounts of some drug in his system.

Were it not for Chauvin and that knee to the neck, George Floyd would be alive and well to this day.
I don't believe it either but I don't find it to be important in the least.
We witnessed a coldblooded murder by a cop (s) and there's nothing that can make that less true!

But of huge importance in my opinion is whether he walks or is punished. It stands out as the clearest demonstration of police murder of any of the past demonstrations by police. And Chauvin magnified his crass coldblooded attempt to demonstrate his right to murder, with his hand in his pocket that was meant to indicate to everybody that there was no effort needed and no resistance from George Floyd's unconscious, and then dead body.

The outcome of the trial set the bar for police murder and if he walks then can't ever again be any defense against accusations of fascism coming to America.

With that in mind, Chauvin could suffer the wrist slap and perhaps go to jail for a holiday for a year, reduced to 1 month for good behaviour.
It was not cold blooded murder. It was a man resisting arrest while dying from an overdose of drugs.

It was not cold blooded murder. It was a man resisting arrest while dying from an overdose of drugs.

It's all just too complicated for you to understand, but it really doesn't matter all that much for Chavin's sake.

Chauvin intended to be seen committing murder and he wasn't at all opposed to being filmed doing it. And he emphasized his crass attitude to murdering by keeping his hand in his pocket to show that there was no resistance from George Floyd and no need to expend any effort by Chauvin.

If Chauvin walks it will send a clear message to black men in America that they can be murdered by police with impunity.

Would that be equal license to kill as was given to Hitler's storm troopers to kill Jews with impunity and with immunity from prosecution?

America balances on the knife edge of fascism while people like you spam a forum while licking your ice cream cone.

You're an asset to this discussion because of your demonstration of ignorance!

When this first happened I was on LE’s side of things. But, if I am to be intellectually honest, that 9.5 minutes of video, uncut, was powerful.

Had you nor seen that before?

Just clips...Not the entirety...

Were you living under a rock or something?

No, but I didn’t speculate at the time either...Look, why are you trying to argue here? I’m at the moment inclined to say he is guilty...Do you believe otherwise?

I’m just fascinated that you hadn’t seen the video up until NOW. That you had formed an opinion without actually watching the video until NOW. And you’re not the only one around here who has said that.

Amazing how all it takes is for people to actually watch what happened in order to convince them that this man is guilty.

I think he’s guilty as well. I believed that the moment I watched the video immediately after it happened.

Ok, still a lot of testimony to go, and since the start of this, I won’t speculate...All I’m saying is that the video will be hard to overcome.

The video has been around since day 1. Of course that’s going to be hard to overcome.

ok, isn’t that what I said?

Sorry, I'm just perplexed at how you could have formed an opinion on this prior to watching the video which has existed since Day 1.

The video speaks for itself, which is why people were so upset about this incident.

Glad you made it to the party. You're just really, really late.

When this first happened I was on LE’s side of things. But, if I am to be intellectually honest, that 9.5 minutes of video, uncut, was powerful.

Had you nor seen that before?

Just clips...Not the entirety...

Were you living under a rock or something?

No, but I didn’t speculate at the time either...Look, why are you trying to argue here? I’m at the moment inclined to say he is guilty...Do you believe otherwise?

I’m just fascinated that you hadn’t seen the video up until NOW. That you had formed an opinion without actually watching the video until NOW. And you’re not the only one around here who has said that.

Amazing how all it takes is for people to actually watch what happened in order to convince them that this man is guilty.

I think he’s guilty as well. I believed that the moment I watched the video immediately after it happened.

Ok, still a lot of testimony to go, and since the start of this, I won’t speculate...All I’m saying is that the video will be hard to overcome.

The video has been around since day 1. Of course that’s going to be hard to overcome.

ok, isn’t that what I said?

Sorry, I'm just perplexed at how you could have formed an opinion on this prior to watching the video which has existed since Day 1.

The video speaks for itself, which is why people were so upset about this incident.

Glad you made it to the party. You're just really, really late.
Right or wrong it certainly was convenient for election year riots combined with Covid.

It's all just too complicated for you to understand, but it really doesn't matter all that much for Chavin's sake.

Chauvin intended to be seen committing murder and he wasn't at all opposed to being filmed doing it. And he emphasized his crass attitude to murdering by keeping his hand in his pocket to show that there was no resistance from George Floyd and no need to expend any effort by Chauvin.

If Chauvin walks it will send a clear message to black men in America that they can be murdered by police with impunity.

Would that be equal license to kill as was given to Hitler's storm troopers to kill Jews with impunity and with immunity from prosecution?

America balances on the knife edge of fascism while people like you spam a forum while licking your ice cream cone.

How about the facts decide? The message I have seen is not to resist arrest. I do not think anyone's color gives them that right.

And you pandering to racists and telling Black people cops are out to kill them, no matter the verdict, is a big part of the problem. Talk about ignorant.

Those of you who are parroting the phrase "cold blooded murderer" don't seem to realize how damaging your rhetoric is. Because you take it upon yourself to be the judge and jury, you proliferate a narrative that is divisive and confusing. That's just what America needs right now. Most of you were probably railing about "Say Her Name" a few months ago. How did that work out?

George Floyd didnt deserve to die, but this is about as far as you can get from "cold blooded murder".

I heard that a medical examiner will be on the stand later today.

Can anyone confirm?

Don't put all you stock in whether or not it was murder.

See it as a callous demonstration of his right to muder a black man in cold blood, with the audience he needed to make his point.
Chauvin's hand in his pocket spoke the loudest for me and should for any other persons of even minimum decency.

He showed America that he could kneel on the neck of a dead man without expending any effort at all, and for as long as would please him, so that it would be seen.

He did such a good job of it that when he is allowed to walk, nobody will have any doubt that a black man in America can be justifiable murdered for nothing more serious than jaywalking.

Was their (your) God watching?

How about the facts decide? The message I have seen is not to resist arrest. I do not think anyone's color gives them that right.

And you pandering to racists and telling Black people cops are out to kill them, no matter the verdict, is a big part of the problem. Talk about ignorant.
May I buy you and your sister/wife a nice big ice cream cone? You two can choose your favourite flavour!

Mr. Floyd wasn't resisting arrest. In fact he was already under arrest, via the handcuffs.

No sensible person could expect to kneel their full body weight on anyone's neck for over 3 minutes and expect them to live.

It's just such a perfect demonstration of the rights of police officers to murder black men, that it has to be suspected as being planned and rehearsed as if it was happening on a stage.

And didn't Chauvin play his part so well by keeping one hand in his pocket to show that no force was even needed to murder George after he had become unconscious!

If Chauvin walks, America as a democracy is done!

May I buy you and your sister/wife a nice big ice cream cone? You two can choose your favourite flavour!
Maybe you could stop making a racist statements.

Forum List

Back