🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The difference between a god and God

You know this because you have faith that it is true? How many other people have an equal faith that it is not? (Hint, there are 1+ billion Muslims)

You last statement is fallacy of argumentum ad populum, so you are wrong. I know this because of the Bible as I already explained. There are many believers, but there are more non-believers.

So Satan pulled to wool over my eyes but he did not pull the wool over your eyes? Just what someone with wool over their eyes would say.

I believe in creation instead of evolution, so that's one subject where he didn't pull the wool over my eyes. In fact, that covers all of the false science of today.

How many steak and lobster dinners has God given you? Ask him for one right now and let me know how it tastes.

It goes to show that you are not God and that multiverses do not happen. Thus, I am satisfied.

Great steak and lobster places are few and far between in the SF - Bay Area. More steak and crab places. I'm talking good steak and real lobster (not langostino) restaurants and cooking at home, so somewhere between 300 - 500. Thank God for Costco haha. I'll make a trip there soon.

My 'take' when (J)acob is told, (in The New Kingdom); where 'death' no longer 'lives'', etc., that he wrestled with God.

Genesis 32:24-32 "24And (J)acob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day. 25And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of (J)acob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him. 26And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me. 27And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, (J)acob. 28And he said, Thy name shall be called no more (J)acob, but (I)srael: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. 29And (J)acob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there. 30And (J)acob called the name of the place Pen(i)el: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved. 31And as he passed over Penuel the sun rose upon him, and he halted upon his thigh. 32Therefore the children of (I)srael eat not of the sinew which shrank, which is upon the hollow of the thigh, unto this day: because he touched the hollow of (J)acob's thigh in the sinew that shrank."

Wait. Was that a 'man' or was that God??? Can someone help me? Ha Ha Ha...

So Satan pulled [the] wool over my eyes but he did not pull the wool over your eyes? Just what someone with wool over their eyes would say.
I believe in creation instead of evolution, so that's one subject where he didn't pull the wool over my eyes. In fact, that covers all of the false science of today.
Just what someone with wool pulled over their eyes would say. The fact is you don't KNOW you BELIEVE based on your faith. I think we can agree that many people have faith in things that are not real (e.g., Muslims). Exactly the opposite of argumentum ad populum.

How many steak and lobster dinners has God given you? Ask him for one right now and let me know how it tastes.

It goes to show that you are not God and that multiverses do not happen. Thus, I am satisfied.
I have given you as many steak and lobster dinners as God has. How does that show I'm not God? And how did multiverses sneak in here?

So Satan pulled [the] wool over my eyes but he did not pull the wool over your eyes? Just what someone with wool over their eyes would say.
Just what someone with wool pulled over their eyes would say. The fact is you don't KNOW you BELIEVE based on your faith. I think we can agree that many people have faith in things that are not real (e.g., Muslims). Exactly the opposite of argumentum ad populum.

I have given you as many steak and lobster dinners as God has. How does that show I'm not God? And how did multiverses sneak in here?
I see your problem now, when you pray to God you ask him to do things for you. When I pray to God I ask him what he wants me to do for him.

I see your problem now, when you pray to God you ask him to do things for you. When I pray to God I ask him what he wants me to do for him.
I see your problem, hypocrisy. You said to me "I can prove you didn't create anything because I would want you to make a steak and lobster dinner with a nice bottle of wine to match it perfectly in a nice setting for me right now and you couldn't". You didn't ask what I wanted you to do for me. You demanded I prove my ability to create but won't demand the same of God.

I see your problem, hypocrisy. You said to me "I can prove you didn't create anything because I would want you to make a steak and lobster dinner with a nice bottle of wine to match it perfectly in a nice setting for me right now and you couldn't". You didn't ask what I wanted you to do for me. You demanded I prove my ability to create but won't demand the same of God.
Show me where I said, "I can prove you didn't create anything because I would want you to make a steak and lobster dinner with a nice bottle of wine to match it perfectly in a nice setting for me right now and you couldn't".

I believe you are confusing me for someone else. :lol:

All this discussion because a poster says that constitution is what others country have while Constitution is what the US has.

In reality no matter at all if the word is god or God, such won't make any difference when we talk in biblical terms.

Perhaps as a cultural design made by religious people such a difference using a capital letter might works fine, and might help them.

But such is a rule that has no jurisdiction in biblical religious affairs but solely in the cultural status of a group of believers.

The bible challenges to every believer to confirm whom he believes in, and the bible just asks about it with a simple question. Proverbs 30:4

Who has ascended into heaven, or descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in a garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name, and what is His Son’s name, If you know?

To that question, what will be your answer, "God" and "Jesus"?

If you don't know the name of the creator and you don't use it, then no matter how many times in your life you say "god" or "God" when mentioning the creator, you have been doing erroneously all the time.

Show me where I said, "I can prove you didn't create anything because I would want you to make a steak and lobster dinner with a nice bottle of wine to match it perfectly in a nice setting for me right now and you couldn't".

You are 100% correct, my apologies. :imsorry3:

You are 100% correct, my apologies. :imsorry3:
No worries. But I don’t believe you understand the purpose of prayer.

The practical application of prayer is to alter the fabric of one's identity.

The structure of prayer matters. Giving thanks and giving praise puts one in a thankful state of mind which has been scientifically proven to be one of the key behaviors of reaching a state of happiness. When we are happy two things will happen; dopamine will be released which gives us that happy feeling and all of the learning centers of the brain get turned on.

Lastly and probably most importantly, prayer should not be about what God can do for us. Prayer should be about us asking God what He wants us to do.

Structure of Prayer:
1. Give thanks.
2. Give praise.
3. Ask God what He wants us to do.
4. Listen.

It can be done anytime, but I believe we are most receptive to hearing the Spirit in the early morning when we are less full of ourselves.

Give it a try. Test it for yourself.

The structure of prayer matters. Giving thanks and giving praise puts one in a thankful state of mind which has been scientifically proven to be one of the key behaviors of reaching a state of happiness. When we are happy two things will happen; dopamine will be released which gives us that happy feeling and all of the learning centers of the brain get turned on.

Lastly and probably most importantly, prayer should not be about what God can do for us. Prayer should be about us asking God what He wants us to do.

Structure of Prayer:
1. Give thanks.
2. Give praise.
4. Listen.

It can be done anytime, but I believe we are most receptive to hearing the Spirit in the early morning when we are less full of ourselves.

I find I'm just talking to myself. Does that make me God or at least a god?

Structure of Prayer:
1. Give thanks.
2. Give praise.
4. Listen.

No. It only makes you believe you are.

Perhaps a demon.
No, talking to yourself only means you are crazy or deluded. Or that you believe in the supernatural. I don't believe in the supernatural so I don't pray or talk to myself.
I’m not talking to myself when I pray. I’m listening for God’s answer to what he wants me to do.

Maybe your problem is that you never stopped to listen.

You’ve already admitted that you don’t pray, right? So how can you listen if you don’t pray?

I’m not talking to myself when I pray. I’m listening for God’s answer to what he wants me to do.

You’ve already admitted that you don’t pray, right? So how can you listen if you don’t pray?
God knows where to find me. If he wanted to talk to me he would have by now.

Perhaps a demon.
No, talking to yourself only means you are crazy or deluded. Or that you believe in the supernatural. I don't believe in the supernatural so I don't pray or talk to myself.
Yet another person misusing the childish, nondescript term "supernatural" without knowing or being able to define what it even means.

Most likely you're just referring to some simplistic image or iconography, as per one of Carl Jung's archetypes, embodying a stereotypical "ghost", "goblin", as one might see in a children's cartoon or something silly like that, rather than what any of those things actually are by any actual attempted definition.

God knows where to find me. If he wanted to talk to me he would have by now.
But he’s not the one arguing he can’t find any proof of you.

You aren’t going to find it if you don’t make an attempt.

Face it. You are without excuse.

Forum List

Back