The Difference between Republicans and Democrats

Repbulicans= Hate blacks and proud to say it to thier face
Democrats= Hate Blacks but say it behind thier backs.

That's why Bush had twice if not three times more blacks in his cabinet than Obama.

Four different African-Americans served in Bush's cabinet at some point. Three have served during the Obama administration.

Who are the three currently serving in Obama's cabinet? And please don't confuse Cabinet members like Eric Holder with Cabinet-level officers such as Ambassador Susan Rice.

George W. Bush had in his cabinet the first African-American secretary of state and secretary of education, Colin Powell and Rod Paige, respectively. Bush also appointed Condoleezza Rice as secretary of state and Alphonso Jackson as secretary of housing and urban development.

Last edited:
That's why Bush had twice if not three times more blacks in his cabinet than Obama.

Four different African-Americans served in Bush's cabinet at some point. Three have served during the Obama administration.

Who are the three currently serving in Obama's cabinet? And please don't confuse Cabinet members like Eric Holder with Cabinet-level officers such as Ambassador Susan Rice.

George W. Bush had in cabinet the first African-American secretary of state and secretary of education, Colin Powell and Rod Paige, respectively. Bush also appointed Condoleezza Rice as secretary of state and Alphonso Jackson as secretary of housing and urban development.

Cabinet-level officers are members of the Cabinet. I actually forgot to count Susan Rice, who would make it four. The three I had in mind were Holder, Ron Kirk, and I was going ahead and counting Anthony Foxx, since his confirmation is pretty certain.

Why does Bush deserve acclaim for appointing the first African-Americans to head State and Education? Of the nine other departments that have had an African-American head, eight of them were appointed by a Democrat (and the only one that wasn't was a Ford appointee).

George W. Bush had in cabinet the first African-American secretary of state and secretary of education, Colin Powell and Rod Paige, respectively. Bush also appointed Condoleezza Rice as secretary of state and Alphonso Jackson as secretary of housing and urban development.

Cabinet-level officers are members of the Cabinet. I actually forgot to count Susan Rice, who would make it four. The three I had in mind were Holder, Ron Kirk, and I was going ahead and counting Anthony Foxx, since his confirmation is pretty certain.

Why does Bush deserve acclaim for appointing the first African-Americans to head State and Education? Of the nine other departments that have had an African-American head, eight of them were appointed by a Democrat (and the only one that wasn't was a Ford appointee).

No they are not the same. If they were they would be called Cabinet members and not Cabinet level officers.

The Cabinet includes the Vice President and the heads of 15 executive departments — the Secretaries of Agriculture, Commerce, Defense, Education, Energy, Health and Human Services, Homeland Security, Housing and Urban Development, Interior, Labor, State, Transportation, Treasury, and Veterans Affairs, as well as the Attorney General.

The Cabinet | The White House

One black Cabinet member is in Obama's administration.

Try to be honest for once.

Bush gets credit because he appointed them.

Each president chooses his own Cabinet.

Last edited:

No they are not the same. If they were they would be called Cabinet members and not Cabinet level officers.

The Cabinet includes the Vice President and the heads of 15 executive departments — the Secretaries of Agriculture, Commerce, Defense, Education, Energy, Health and Human Services, Homeland Security, Housing and Urban Development, Interior, Labor, State, Transportation, Treasury, and Veterans Affairs, as well as the Attorney General.

You're claiming cabinet doesn't mean cabinet and accuse me of being dishonest?

Why does it matter what race the president's cabinet members are?

Well no.

Republicans view politics as a means to solidify the power of the wealthy.

And Democrats don't? Last time I check, no one is really sticking it to the wealthy. In fact, it's practically Christmas everyday on Wall Street.

Why does it matter what race the president's cabinet members are?

Since you don't follow the threads which results in your ignorance about a certain line of discussion. I'll enlighten you.

Hipaware commented that Republicans hate blacks ergo Democrats embrace blacks. So I pointed out the fact that Bush, a Republican employed more blacks in his cabinet than Obama, a Democrat.

Now you're caught up on that portion of the thread. Please try to keep up in the future.

Look I just showed you who the cabinet members are with a link from the Whitehouse and Obama has only one black cabinet member. Susan Rice is not a cabinet member.

Stop being dishonest.

Cabinet of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[excerpt from article]

Cabinet [edit]
The Cabinet officers are listed in rank order according to the United States presidential line of succession:
Office
(statutory basis) Incumbent Term began

Secretary of State
(22 U.S.C. § 2651a)
John Kerry
February 1, 2013

Secretary of the Treasury
(31 U.S.C. § 301)
Jack Lew
February 28, 2013

Secretary of Defense
(10 U.S.C. § 113)
Chuck Hagel
February 27, 2013

Attorney General
(28 U.S.C. § 503)
Eric Holder
February 2, 2009

Secretary of the Interior
(43 U.S.C. § 1451)
Sally Jewell
April 12, 2013

Secretary of Agriculture
(7 U.S.C. § 2202)
Tom Vilsack
January 20, 2009

Secretary of Commerce
(15 U.S.C. § 1501)
Rebecca Blank
(Acting) June 11, 2012

Secretary of Labor
(29 U.S.C. § 551)
Seth Harris
(Acting) January 22, 2013

Secretary of Health and Human Services
(Reorganization Plan No. 1 of 1953, 67 Stat. 631 and 42 U.S.C. § 3501)
Kathleen Sebelius
April 28, 2009

Secretary of Housing and Urban Development
(42 U.S.C. § 3532)
Shaun Donovan
January 26, 2009

Secretary of Transportation
(49 U.S.C. § 102)
Ray LaHood
January 22, 2009

Secretary of Energy
(42 U.S.C. § 7131)
Daniel Poneman
(Acting) April 23, 2013

Secretary of Education
(20 U.S.C. § 3411)
Arne Duncan
January 20, 2009

Secretary of Veterans Affairs
(38 U.S.C. § 303)
Eric Shinseki
January 20, 2009

Secretary of Homeland Security
(6 U.S.C. § 112)
Janet Napolitano
January 20, 2009

Cabinet-level officers [edit]

Office Incumbent Term began

Vice President
Joe Biden
January 20, 2009

White House Chief of Staff
Denis McDonough
January 25, 2013

Director of the Office of Management and Budget
Sylvia Mathews Burwell
April 24, 2013

Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency
Bob Perciasepe
(Acting) February 19, 2013

Trade Representative
Demetrios Marantis
(Acting) March 15, 2013

Ambassador to the United Nations
Susan Rice
January 22, 2009

Chairperson of the Council of Economic Advisers
Alan Krueger
November 3, 2011

Administrator of the Small Business Administration
Karen Mills
January 13, 2012[

Look I just showed you who the cabinet members are with a link from the Whitehouse and Obama has only one black cabinet member. Susan Rice is not a cabinet member.

Stop being dishonest.

Cabinet-level officials are part of the cabinet and your count still ignores the pending appointment (which has bipartisan support) of Anthony Foxx as Secretary of Transportation .

That's a better question.

A topic you challenged me on and had your ass handed to you.

You are the one who brought up the topic and you didn't hand anything to me. You adopted a more limited definition that strengthens your argument, but ignores people serving in equivalent roles.

A limited definition? No I used THE definition.

The Cabinet does not include ambassadors nor does it include the VP.

You have been shown this many times yet you still want to remain ignorant.

Last edited:

Stop being dishonest.

Cabinet-level officials are part of the cabinet and your count still ignores the pending appointment (which has bipartisan support) of Anthony Foxx as Secretary of Transportation .

Two entirely different groups.

The current wave of DC nonsense is pure unadorned politics with no substance at all. Why are we here? Because in the absence of it, Republicans would have nothing to look forward to. They are on the path to extinction because of exactly the same reason species go extinct. They cannot adapt to environmental change. They have fallen into a inescapable trap. They have come to rely on their PR network through Rush and Rupert for their platform. They can only offer what those media can sell to their audience. And that has turned out to be bad, terrible in fact, dysfunctional, for the country.

What to do, what to do? To get their hand out of the cookie jar, they must let go of the easy votes that their PR media gives them. To get any cookies, they must let go of some of them. Like use of media manipulation to get votes based only on dragging down the opposition, rather than the old fashioned way, by earning them through performance.

The truth is that good governance is not very entertaining. Creating and blaming an enemy is. That's what brings in the mountain of cash to Rush and Rupert. They do what sells. What sells is all the GOP has and all that they can have given that they have to maintain the votes that those media bring in.

It's an awful position to be in, and until Republicans develop some very strong leadership to start down another path, they are stuck with what they've created.

When a Republican President broke the law the republicans in the House and Senate openly moved to impeach him. When 2 Democratic Presidents broke the law all we got from the Democrats was " to bad, so sad".

No Republican President have ever been impeached.

2 Democratic Presidents have.

And while there was some effort to impeach Nixon underway, Ronald Reagan, who blatantly broke the law, got off with making an apology.

Your argument really has no legs.

you should read this link kind of funny....
UnNews:Thomas Jefferson impeached - Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia

The current wave of DC nonsense is pure unadorned politics with no substance at all. Why are we here? Because in the absence of it, Republicans would have nothing to look forward to. They are on the path to extinction because of exactly the same reason species go extinct. They cannot adapt to environmental change. They have fallen into a inescapable trap. They have come to rely on their PR network through Rush and Rupert for their platform. They can only offer what those media can sell to their audience. And that has turned out to be bad, terrible in fact, dysfunctional, for the country.

What to do, what to do? To get their hand out of the cookie jar, they must let go of the easy votes that their PR media gives them. To get any cookies, they must let go of some of them. Like use of media manipulation to get votes based only on dragging down the opposition, rather than the old fashioned way, by earning them through performance.

The truth is that good governance is not very entertaining. Creating and blaming an enemy is. That's what brings in the mountain of cash to Rush and Rupert. They do what sells. What sells is all the GOP has and all that they can have given that they have to maintain the votes that those media bring in.

It's an awful position to be in, and until Republicans develop some very strong leadership to start down another path, they are stuck with what they've created.

your logic is wrong. You have to understand 1st what the word "conservative" means. they are not going anywhere. With the media today it is a bitch to get a strong conservative leader, With out people digging up skeltons in their closet and throwing them under the bus. Liberals leaders get a pass today, Cons dont.......and we all done stupid shit in our youth. lol

I'm pretty sure that I understand what a conservative is. It's also a given that we've all seen the results of conservative government. Disasterous. We simply can't afford a repeat.

That's the problem that the GOP has. All that they have to offer is what Rush and Rupert can sell. What we have indisputable experience with is that none of what they can sell works in real life. That's why the only political story that they have to tell is why they theorize liberal Democratic government will not work. Only thing is that it does work and has worked. Problem! What Rush and Rupert sell demonstrably doesn't work, and what they can sell doesn't work , does. Does one believe the sales talk or the first hand experience? I go with the evidence of my senses, not the canned sales talk.

Forum List

Back