The Dilemma Black Athletes Find Themselves In

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
I just heard what the inbred recessive McNair said in the NFL meeting about "inmates running the prison". Now some Black athletes have what I consider personal decisions to make. I wont look down on them if they continue to play but I will have mad respect for those that do walk away from this racist NFL owner. It made me think of a movie I saw a while ago with Cube in it. He has several scenes that sum up the different circumstances Blacks find themselves in regarding a choice between personal achievement and demanding racial respect.

When you morons get done redefining all American age old phrases let us know so we'll know how to talk to you.

It really is a shame how so many have been brought up to be consumed by their skin color.

People deserve better than that.
One shining example of us having better than that was Cassius Clay, aka Muhammad Ali, one of the finest athletes in my recollection and a deservedly proud Black man. He was one of a kind and there never has been anyone, Black or White, who came close to his athletic achievement and his sense of dignity.

It really is a shame how so many have been brought up to be consumed by their skin color.

One shining example of us having better than that was Cassius Clay, aka Muhammad Ali, one of the finest athletes in my recollection and a deservedly proud Black man. He was one of a kind and there never has been anyone, Black or White, who came close to his athletic achievement and his sense of dignity.

He was a great fighter. But he was also a draft dodger.

No, Trump is a draft dodger. Ali just refused to step forward at the induction station. He didn't dodge a damn thing. He made a decision and stuck by it just like a true champion would regardless of the consequences.

He was not a draft dodger. He was brave enough to stand by his personal convictions and publicly accept the consequences. He did not burn his draft card or disappear.

He was a loud-mouthed fool who never knew when to stop. Boxing OR talking. Mike Tyson would have eaten him for lunch.

It really is unreal how so many attack an entire race by the actions of the few, especially when their actions reflect the best of our nation - a demand for equal protection. Racist need to hate, and make up reasons to do so. I wonder how many racists really believe the actions of Kap. and his brothers believe the divisive spin Trump has put upon their demand for equal protection under the law?

One needs to be pretty damn stupid to believe trump's spin, or in fact anything he says. With trump, don't trust and always verify!

He was a loud-mouthed fool who never knew when to stop. Boxing OR talking. Mike Tyson would have eaten him for lunch.

You obviously know nothing about the sport.

You obviously know nothing about the sport.
And a draft dodger. Even if he went to jail "for his beliefs", he still dodged the draft.

Muhammal Ali was one the few black people who told white people the truth to there face.

Lot's of people did, by going to Canada or continuing to obtain deferments - some even on active duty considered refusing orders to go to Vietnam - all on principles. At age 19 I struggled with what to do as I awaited my orders on TI.

I believed I had a duty to serve my country as my dad, his brother and my grandfathers had done, but, I had no desire to kill a poor farmer's son drafted to defend his own country.

No, Trump is a draft dodger. Ali just refused to step forward at the induction station. He didn't dodge a damn thing. He made a decision and stuck by it just like a true champion would regardless of the consequences.

Wrong. He was a draft dodger who was convicted and served jail time for his crime; and rightly so. He simply didn't have the courage to do his duty as a citizen. No way to spin that.

Wrong. He was a draft dodger who was convicted and served jail time for his crime; and rightly so. He simply didn't have the courage to do his duty as a citizen. No way to spin that.

When did you enlist? And why?

Last edited:

When did you enlist? And why?

1968. I was drafted.

Forum List

Back