The Dilemma Black Athletes Find Themselves In

It really is a shame how so many have been brought up to be consumed by their skin color.

People deserve better than that.
One shining example of us having better than that was Cassius Clay, aka Muhammad Ali, one of the finest athletes in my recollection and a deservedly proud Black man. He was one of a kind and there never has been anyone, Black or White, who came close to his athletic achievement and his sense of dignity.

He was a great fighter. But he was also a draft dodger.
No, Trump is a draft dodger. Ali just refused to step forward at the induction station. He didn't dodge a damn thing. He made a decision and stuck by it just like a true champion would regardless of the consequences.

Wrong. He was a draft dodger who was convicted and served jail time for his crime; and rightly so. He simply didn't have the courage to do his duty as a citizen. No way to spin that.
How about the truth?

*Ali never spent time in jail due to his sentence being appealed.

*His conviction was eventually overturned by the Supreme Court 1971

*He went on to regain his title and go down in history as an all time great, as well as was admired all over the world for having the courage to stand up for what he believed in no matter what the sacrifice was.

"Draft dodgers" usually AVOID even showing up to present a case for not serving.

Last edited:
It really is a shame how so many have been brought up to be consumed by their skin color.

One shining example of us having better than that was Cassius Clay, aka Muhammad Ali, one of the finest athletes in my recollection and a deservedly proud Black man. He was one of a kind and there never has been anyone, Black or White, who came close to his athletic achievement and his sense of dignity.

Big difference. Ali spoke out against the war. Ali also said he wasnt going because it was against his religion and was punished for it. Dodging would be something like Drumpf did.

"I'm not gonna help nobody get something my negroes don't have. If I'm gonna die, I'll die now right here fighting you, if I'm gonna die. You my enemy. My enemies are white people, not Viet Congs or Chinese or Japanese. You my opposer when I want freedom. You my opposer when I want justice. You my opposer when I want equality. You won't even stand up for me in America for my religious beliefs, and you want me to go somewhere and fight, but you won't even stand up for me here at home."
-Ali

That look like dodging to you or does it look like a man telling you what he isnt going to do?

Last edited:

No, Trump is a draft dodger. Ali just refused to step forward at the induction station. He didn't dodge a damn thing. He made a decision and stuck by it just like a true champion would regardless of the consequences.

Wrong. He was a draft dodger who was convicted and served jail time for his crime; and rightly so. He simply didn't have the courage to do his duty as a citizen. No way to spin that.
Ali served no jail time you moron.He was simply stripped of his title which he regained in spectacular fashion.

Good. He was completely justified in not going. Too bad more men didn't follow his lead and stop the slaughter of young Americans in a politically motivated meat grinder that had nothing to do with American national security.

Ali served no jail time you moron.He was simply stripped of his title which he regained in spectacular fashion.
And he

He was a loud-mouthed fool who never knew when to stop. Boxing OR talking. Mike Tyson would have eaten him for lunch.

You obviously know nothing about the sport.
And a draft dodger. Even if he went to jail "for his beliefs", he still dodged the draft.

There is a difference between being a draft dodger and a concientous objector. Feel free to use Google.

I just heard what the inbred recessive McNair said in the NFL meeting about "inmates running the prison". Now some Black athletes have what I consider personal decisions to make. I wont look down on them if they continue to play but I will have mad respect for those that do walk away from this racist NFL owner. It made me think of a movie I saw a while ago with Cube in it. He has several scenes that sum up the different circumstances Blacks find themselves in regarding a choice between personal achievement and demanding racial respect.

A difficult choice that those of us who are white will never have to make. I think it behooves us to consider that fact before we criticize others who do.

Let the inmates do whatever they want (per contract they signed). I don't have to watch. I already cut off the NFL red-zone channel. I don't even watch much College football now (more action, better rules than the NFL).

I had already not cared about NFL ten or more years due to rules, clock, refs, few plays etc. Do as you wish......but not with my funding.

Let them get a real job driving trucks or something.

Where do you ignorant clucks come from?
ALI never spent a day in jail. Jails are city or county facilities. But Ali never spent time in prison either. He was stripped of his championship crown and barred from boxing
during his prime years but did no prison time.
He eventually won his case and the charges were dismissed against him.

And he

He was a loud-mouthed fool who never knew when to stop. Boxing OR talking. Mike Tyson would have eaten him for lunch.

And a draft dodger. Even if he went to jail "for his beliefs", he still dodged the draft.

There is a difference between being a draft dodger and a concientous objector. Feel free to use Google.
A conscientious objector is a draft dodger with what he thinks is a good reason.

Anyways, what's he objecting to? Living in a great country? :biggrin:

And he

There mostly certainly is and Ali (or Clay before he changed his name) was a draft dodger because he refused induction. Conscientious Objectors actually served in the military and in Vietnam and many received awards for valor. They refused to fight; not serve. Draft dodgers like Ali only served to give actual conscientious objectors shameful reputations as childish wimps.

Let the inmates do whatever they want (per contract they signed). I don't have to watch. I already cut off the NFL red-zone channel. I don't even watch much College football now (more action, better rules than the NFL).

I had already not cared about NFL ten or more years due to rules, clock, refs, few plays etc. Do as you wish......but not with my funding.

Let them get a real job driving trucks or something.
There are no prisoners playing. No one asked you to watch small insignificant white boy.

They already have real jobs that pay more than you make as head fry cook.

And he

There mostly certainly is and Ali (or Clay before he changed his name) was a draft dodger because he refused induction. Conscientious Objectors actually served in the military and in Vietnam and many received awards for valor. They refused to fight; not serve. Draft dodgers like Ali only served to give actual conscientious objectors shameful reputations as childish wimps.
Somehow the word "wimp" just doesn't fly as a description of ALI. Any man who could face
and defeat some of the bigges, meanest, hardest hitting humans on the planet is a hero
that demands respect just by the courage he showed. But to give up millions of dollars and a championship title you worked your whole life for to uphold a principle is so profound it
places Ali on a level with MLK and Malcolm X.
The greatness of that moment even overshadows his boxing prowess.

And he

Ali told white people what he wasn't going to do in emphatic and spectacular fashion. Thats a man. Your boyfriend Drumpf claimed he had bone spurs and got 5 deferments. Thats what you call a wimp.

Please stop making any comparison between today’s fair weather justice warriors and Ali. Ali was 60 years ago when there really was something to complain about. Ali’s greatness is diminished by any comparisons to today’s athletes. I wish just one person would tell me how these kneeling football players have advanced the cause of the less fortunate in their race, and don’t tell me we are having a dialogue on race. We have been having it for fifty years. What all these guys could learn from Ali is that he never considered himself a victim, he thought of himself as a man.

Now all the Blacks can begin to buy the NFL tickets. Simple. Lets see them pack the 50 yd. Line seats in DET on TDAY to pay those salaries. buy your $50,000 PSL. Yeah, look it up.

Whites can go golfing or ice dancing. Mmm.....KKK? Ooops..MmK?

Please stop making any comparison between today’s fair weather justice warriors and Ali. Ali was 60 years ago when there really was something to complain about. Ali’s greatness is diminished by any comparisons to today’s athletes. I wish just one person would tell me how these kneeling football players have advanced the cause of the less fortunate in their race, and don’t tell me we are having a dialogue on race. We have been having it for fifty years. What all these guys could learn from Ali is that he never considered himself a victim, he thought of himself as a man.

"I wish just one person would tell me how these kneeling football players have advanced the cause of the less fortunate in their race, and don’t tell me we are having a dialogue on race."

That may be something you want to ask them face to face. Dont take our words for it. Most of them have charities you can look up and see for yourself.

Now all the Blacks can begin to buy the NFL tickets. Simple. Lets see them pack the 50 yd. Line seats in DET on TDAY to pay those salaries. buy your $50,000 PSL. Yeah, look it up.

Whites can go golfing or ice dancing. Mmm.....KKK? Ooops..MmK?
Blacks are currently protesting the NFL due to Kap not being employed.

Ice fishing and pig wrestling are going to be your best bets.

Forum List

Back