The dominion Voting suit against Fox should fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are getting spun here. The left wing media of course laps up the bleatings of the legal team for plaintiff Dominion. And the regular liberal MSM has a bug up it’s collective ass about Fox News.

So they make comments (reported as alleged “news”) about how a media outlet could get reamed even with the higher burden imposed on plaintiffs suing news outlets for defamation. This is why we get lots of reports about Hannity denying that he believed the Trump claim and Murdoch basically saying the same thing.

The liberal MSM is content to insinuate from that sketchy information that defendant Fox News was guilty of actual malice. But that’s horseshit.

New outlets report NEWS. The Fox News legal defense team makes a much more salient argument: “Fox News maintains that its reporting and commentary was protected by the 1st Amendment because allegations presented by a sitting president are newsworthy even if false.

Source of above quote: How strong is Dominion's defamation case against Fox News? Legal experts weigh in

That tidbit is (surprisingly) found within a report from a left wing MSM news outlet. But it is kind of buried and not forever being trumpeted like the snarky predictions of pending doom for Fox News.

Anyway, some food for thought. I’ll go even further however. A commentator (like Hannity) doesn’t report “news.” He offers opinions. So his revelation is (imho) irrelevant to Dominion’s “case.”

I won’t predict how the case turns out. But I doubt they will end up at trial and if it does go to trial I’d expect Dominion to lose. We may never know the settlement number of it does settle. But I’m confident it won’t gut Fox News.
Nope. FAKE NEWS is guilty of libeling that company, damaging its position and profitability in the marketplace and doing disservice to the United States, with their known admitted false support, by their own talking heads and owner management.

The courts have told Dominion to bring forth their case a dozen times and Dominion won't do it.... all they want is the headline that they intend to sue....
if you haven't realized it yet... the US court and justice system is corrupt....
Are you paying attention at all? The lawsuit is well under way. The reason we are seeing these stories revealing these lies come from the discovery process in the lawsuit.

The case is going to trial in April.

Are you paying attention at all? The lawsuit is well under way. The reason we are seeing these stories revealing these lies come from the discovery process in the lawsuit.

The case is going to trial in April.
LOL. I find it funny that this lawsuit is an example of what would have happened had Trump's "lawyers" been able to present any substantive argument of widespread voter fraud. :)

People are getting spun here. The left wing media of course laps up the bleatings of the legal team for plaintiff Dominion. And the regular liberal MSM has a bug up it’s collective ass about Fox News.

So they make comments (reported as alleged “news”) about how a media outlet could get reamed even with the higher burden imposed on plaintiffs suing news outlets for defamation. This is why we get lots of reports about Hannity denying that he believed the Trump claim and Murdoch basically saying the same thing.

The liberal MSM is content to insinuate from that sketchy information that defendant Fox News was guilty of actual malice. But that’s horseshit.

New outlets report NEWS. The Fox News legal defense team makes a much more salient argument: “Fox News maintains that its reporting and commentary was protected by the 1st Amendment because allegations presented by a sitting president are newsworthy even if false.

Source of above quote: How strong is Dominion's defamation case against Fox News? Legal experts weigh in

That tidbit is (surprisingly) found within a report from a left wing MSM news outlet. But it is kind of buried and not forever being trumpeted like the snarky predictions of pending doom for Fox News.

Anyway, some food for thought. I’ll go even further however. A commentator (like Hannity) doesn’t report “news.” He offers opinions. So his revelation is (imho) irrelevant to Dominion’s “case.”

I won’t predict how the case turns out. But I doubt they will end up at trial and if it does go to trial I’d expect Dominion to lose. We may never know the settlement number of it does settle. But I’m confident it won’t gut Fox News.
They literally have proof of every requirement of the crime in the form of sworn testimony from and correspondence between the liars.

I would say: don't bet much on your prediction.

FAKE NEWS is guilty of libeling that company,
What did Fox say that has been proven intentionally malicious and factually WRONG?

damaging its position and profitability in the marketplace
Where is the report showing a direct link between anything Fox said and any loss of business? Or any loss of business at all? In fact, since Dom has a monopolistic contract with the government, how can ANYTHING in the news affect their position unless it is the BIDEN GOVERNMENT itself doing it?

and doing disservice to the United States,
I don't know what that even means, but it simply makes me think of Joe Biden. Now THERE is one big disservice to the USA.

with their known admitted false support,
What admission was that?

What did Fox say that has been proven intentionally malicious and factually WRONG?

Where is the report showing a direct link between anything Fox said and any loss of business? Or any loss of business at all? In fact, since Dom has a monopolistic contract with the government, how can ANYTHING in the news affect their position unless it is the BIDEN GOVERNMENT itself doing it?

I don't know what that even means, but it simply makes me think of Joe Biden. Now THERE is one big disservice to the USA.

What admission was that?
I guess you should have tracked the trial and read the admissions by FAKE NEWS folk, I guess could have used the word defamation.

LOL. I find it funny that this lawsuit is an example of what would have happened had Trump's "lawyers" been able to present any substantive argument of widespread voter fraud. :)

Jack, you need to learn, other than how to chew your food well, that not winning a lawsuit is FAR LESS contingent upon any substantive argument as it is upon honest judges not influenced by government pressure to protect both their own retirement package as well as the corrupt election system which helps the government of which he is a part to get in and hold power in the first place!

Sorry if that was about twelve grades over your level of cognition and reasoning.

Go back to eating your slop.

What the gif?: Greedy hound. - Spanish Help Community Forum

Fox media didn't just report, it deliberately made up lies to keep their unhinged knuckledragger supporters happy and tuned in. It was only about revenue, they know they lied. Murdoch won't have a chance. We all knew then Trump lied about election fraud.

If a news organization can be sued for repeating claims by a President that they knew or believed to be false and that caused anybody any measurable harm, then certainly all the alphabet channels can be sued for the Obama/Biden lies that cost so many of us our health care, doctors, preferred hospitals not to mention the legitimate few who have been harmed by vaccines that were mandated or strongly encouraged as what responsible citizens do or some such.

Last edited:
Nope. FAKE NEWS is guilty of libeling that company, damaging its position and profitability in the marketplace and doing disservice to the United States, with their known admitted false support, by their own talking heads and owner management.
Nope. Reporting and repeating what the President and some of his team said is still news coverage or associated (still protected). Any “damages” would be attributable to the President and those staffers but NOT to reporters.

If a news organization can be sued for false claims by a President that caused anybody any harm, then certainly all the alphabet channels can be sued for the Obama/Biden lies that cost so many of us our health care, doctors, preferred hospitals not to mention the legitimate few who have been harmed by vaccines that were mandated or strongly encouraged as what responsible citizens do or some such.
That might make sense to you( we know… it’s just some shit to say), but it won’t even be tried in court

Nope. Reporting and repeating what the President and some of his team said is still news coverage or associated (still protected). Any “damages” would be attributable to the President and those staffers but NOT to reporters.
Good luck with that.

If a news organization can be sued for false claims by a President that caused anybody any harm, then certainly all the alphabet channels can be sued for the Obama/Biden lies that cost so many of us our health care, doctors, preferred hospitals not to mention the legitimate few who have been harmed by vaccines that were mandated or strongly encouraged as what responsible citizens do or some such.
They aren't being sued for false claims made by a president. They are being sued because they knew those claims were false and pushed the narratives anyhow, and that deliberate lie lead to dominion's business being hurt financially.

Jack, you need to learn, other than how to chew your food well, that not winning a lawsuit is FAR LESS contingent upon any substantive argument as it is upon honest judges not influenced by government pressure to protect both their own retirement package as well as the corrupt election system which helps the government of which he is a part to get in and hold power in the first place!

Sorry if that was about twelve grades over your level of cognition and reasoning.

Go back to eating your slop.

What the gif?: Greedy hound. - Spanish Help Community Forum
Hey that wasn't very nice of you stealing food from the kiddies plates! :) You could stand to drop a few pounds.
There is a reason all of Trump's "lawyers" fanciful conspiracy arguments held no water with any judge..even the ones appointed by the great orange roughy himself. They were built on bullshit. And summarily dismissed.
If there was anything to them, you'd be seeing exactly what you are seeing with the Dominion/Fox suit. Discovery..and then a trial.

He lost. Deal with it.

They have emails showing they not only knew it was wrong but harmful as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back