The dominion Voting suit against Fox should fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeSantis will come to the rescue.
Fox better hurry up and settle before DeSantis takes HB 991 federal.
Seriously - none of you fools noticed this? DeSantis is pushing for laws that remove statutes protecting the press form defamation lawsuits. He wants to make it easier to sue Fox News.

Kinda funny really.

A large chunk of voters are now convinced the voting machines are tools for fraud - primarily because of the lies that the Trumpsters spun up and Fox repeating them. For a company that builds and runs those machines, that's damages.
No it's not. Damages means Dominion lost business. Do you have any proof that they actually lost any business? Not voting is not damages. Less sales of their voting machines is lost business. Have they had a proven decrease in lost revenue?

No it's not. Damages means Dominion lost business. Do you have any proof that they actually lost any business? Not voting is not damages. Less sales of their voting machines is lost business. Have they had a proven decrease in lost revenue?
Did the parents of the children murdered in school suing Alex Jones, Info wars for defaming and lying, have to prove they lost income? Nope!

Dominion lost business....that's already been shown, they also had to hire personal security for their employee safety due to the lies spread.... Some, had to move...due to Trumper maga threats.

I stand by what I posted.
Cool. It wasn't a bad post, it just didn't pass muster on proof that media personalities knew those things were false...like an email or text or recorded conversation or even a confession.

Cool. It wasn't a bad post, it just didn't pass muster on proof that media personalities knew those things were false...like an email or text or recorded conversation or even a confession.
Well I can use logic and reason and first hand knowledge of what resources are available to the MSM to be reasonably certain they were fully aware of what they were putting out there.

On the other hand, I am also reasonably certain you have absolutely nothing to go on to even speculate that they didn't know.

So there's that.

Well I can use logic and reason and first hand knowledge of what resources are available to the MSM to be reasonably certain they were fully aware of what they were putting out there.

Reasonably certain doesn't cut it in a court of law.

On the other hand, I am also reasonably certain you have absolutely nothing to go on to even speculate that they didn't know.

So there's that.
This isn't about me. It's about the law.

Reasonably certain doesn't cut it in a court of law.

This isn't about me. It's about the law.
Beyond reasonable doubt absolutely cuts it in the court of law. But despite your best leftist tactics to discredit me or my post or whatever you are doing here, the fact remains it is hugely more likely that the MSM knows when misinformation is being put out there while they don't call out Obama/Biden for that.

And we are not in a court of law. We are people posting on a message board, but you can be damn sure anything I post has reason, logic, and/or facts behind it. I can legitimately argue what information resources are available to the MSM.

And all you have is 'prove it'.

Well if you can demand I 'prove' my opinion, then I ask you by what criteria can you say the MSM did not know what Obama/Biden publicly stated was/is not true?

Beyond reasonable doubt absolutely cuts it in the court of law. But despite your best leftist tactics to discredit me or my post or whatever you are doing here, the fact remains it is hugely more likely that the MSM knows when misinformation is being put out there while they don't call out Obama/Biden for that.

I don't have some nefarious plot. I simply wanted an example of when MSM media knew, without a doubt , they were spreading lies.

We have the proof that Fox did.

And we are not in a court of law. We are people posting on a message board, but you can be damn sure anything I post has reason, logic, and/or facts behind it. I can legitimately argue what information resources are available to the MSM.

And all you have is 'prove it'.

Well if you can demand I 'prove' my opinion, then I ask you by what criteria can you say the MSM did not know what Obama/Biden publicly stated was/is not true?
It is impossible for me to prove this. I can't prove a negative.

Your example is a poor one anyhow.

1. The Mueller investigation was about coordination, not collusion. Collusion is not even a federally defined crime.

2. The Mueller investigation was not about Trump. It was about the Trump campaign.

3. The Mueller investigation was a republican investigation.

4. Further investigation showed that Manafort shared polling data with russia, which is essentially coordination.

Maybe chose a better example?

People are getting spun here. The left wing media of course laps up the bleatings of the legal team for plaintiff Dominion. And the regular liberal MSM has a bug up it’s collective ass about Fox News.

So they make comments (reported as alleged “news”) about how a media outlet could get reamed even with the higher burden imposed on plaintiffs suing news outlets for defamation. This is why we get lots of reports about Hannity denying that he believed the Trump claim and Murdoch basically saying the same thing.

The liberal MSM is content to insinuate from that sketchy information that defendant Fox News was guilty of actual malice. But that’s horseshit.

New outlets report NEWS. The Fox News legal defense team makes a much more salient argument: “Fox News maintains that its reporting and commentary was protected by the 1st Amendment because allegations presented by a sitting president are newsworthy even if false.

Source of above quote: How strong is Dominion's defamation case against Fox News? Legal experts weigh in

That tidbit is (surprisingly) found within a report from a left wing MSM news outlet. But it is kind of buried and not forever being trumpeted like the snarky predictions of pending doom for Fox News.

Anyway, some food for thought. I’ll go even further however. A commentator (like Hannity) doesn’t report “news.” He offers opinions. So his revelation is (imho) irrelevant to Dominion’s “case.”

I won’t predict how the case turns out. But I doubt they will end up at trial and if it does go to trial I’d expect Dominion to lose. We may never know the settlement number of it does settle. But I’m confident it won’t gut Fox News.
The link that you shared... did you even read it? It does not support your case. Heck, it actually makes the point that the evidence is so strong that Fox may have to settle with Dominion. Thoughts and prayers. :itsok:

I don't have some nefarious plot. I simply wanted an example of when MSM media knew, without a doubt , they were spreading lies.

We have the proof that Fox did.

It is impossible for me to prove this. I can't prove a negative.

Your example is a poor one anyhow.

1. The Mueller investigation was about coordination, not collusion. Collusion is not even a federally defined crime.

2. The Mueller investigation was not about Trump. It was about the Trump campaign.

3. The Mueller investigation was a republican investigation.

4. Further investigation showed that Manafort shared polling data with russia, which is essentially coordination.

Maybe chose a better example?
I didn't bring up the Mueller investigation. You did.

But you can certainly give me a rationale for why large media organizations with access to all public information out there, have reporters at the White House, have ability to fact check pretty much anything would not know something was a lie when you or I know it was a lie. When others in a position to know were telling us what the truth is.

But this discussion of me providing a rationale while you say 'prove it' or 'you can't prove it' is quite tedious and boring so I will wish you a pleasant day and move on. Having said that, thank you for keeping it quite civil. I do appreciate that.

I didn't bring up the Mueller investigation. You did.

Indeed you didn't. Sorry about that. Must have got my posts confused. I need a secretary!

But you can certainly give me a rationale for why large media organizations with access to all public information out there, have reporters at the White House, have ability to fact check pretty much anything would not know something was a lie when you or I know it was a lie. When others in a position to know were telling us what the truth is.

I don't have a rational. I just want an example.

But this discussion of me providing a rationale while you say 'prove it' or 'you can't prove it' is quite tedious and boring so I will wish you a pleasant day and move on. Having said that, thank you for keeping it quite civil. I do appreciate that.
Good deal. Thanks for the respectful dialogue.

Have a good one.

Did the parents of the children murdered in school suing Alex Jones, Info wars for defaming and lying, have to prove they lost income? Nope!

Dominion lost business....that's already been shown, they also had to hire personal security for their employee safety due to the lies spread.... Some, had to move...due to Trumper maga threats.
yes of course they did, and they were able to show that they were harassed for years because of Jones's defamation.
To prove prima facie defamation, a plaintiff must show four things: 1) a false statement purporting to be fact; 2) publication or communication of that statement to a third person; 3) fault amounting to at least negligence; and 4) damages, or some harm caused to the reputation of the person or entity who is the subject of the statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back