The dreaded gay-wedding-cake saga ends: bakers must pay 135 K

Actually eating shellfish isn't an abomination, and never was for the Gentiles. They quote Mosaic ceremonial and dietary laws that were long done away with by the New Covenant. It's hilarious to hang them out in the wind with it

What verse of the Gospels specifically revokes the Mosaic Dietary laws?

Because no one told the Seventh Day Adventists.

Hebrews 8:13
Love those conflicts, eh?

New International Version
For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

New Living Translation

I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God's law will disappear until its purpose is achieved.

English Standard Version

For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

New American Standard Bible

"For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

King James Bible

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Holman Christian Standard Bible

For I assure you: Until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or one stroke of a letter will pass from the law until all things are accomplished.

International Standard Version

because I tell all of you with certainty that until heaven and earth disappear, not one letter or one stroke of a letter will disappear from the Law until everything has been accomplished.

The shellacking you took yesterday wasn't enough? Once again, you are Biblical illiterate and not to be taken serious on such matters
:lol:

You shellacked nobody, fruitcake.

Yeah I did....asshole. You didn't know a Covenant from a Testament. You were child's play. Now scram, moron

Yeah I did....asshole. You didn't know a Covenant from a Testament. You were child's play. Now scram, moron

Said the foul-mouthed "christian' who regularly tells people to Go Fuck Yourselves - amongst other piles of hate you spew...

You think people can't recognize what a flaming hypocrite you are?

Actually eating shellfish isn't an abomination, and never was for the Gentiles. They quote Mosaic ceremonial and dietary laws that were long done away with by the New Covenant. It's hilarious to hang them out in the wind with it

Okay, here's where I'm going to call Shenanigans on you.

First and foremost, I asked "Which VERSE OF THE GOSPELS" revoked the Mosaic Dietary Laws.

Because the epistle of the Hebrews was not written by Jesus and it is doubtful that it was even written by Paul.

By the end of the first century there was not a consensus over the author’s identity. Clement of Rome, Barnabas, the Apostle Paul, and other names were proposed. Others later suggested Luke the Evangelist, Apollos and Priscilla as possible authors.[11]

Though no author is named, the original King James Version of the Bible titled the work "The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Hebrews". However, the KJV's attribution to Paul was only a guess, and not a very good one according to the majority of recent scholarship.[5] Its vastly different style, different theological focus, different spiritual experience—all are believed to make Paul's authorship of Hebrews increasingly indefensible. At present, neither modern scholarship nor church teaching ascribes Hebrews to Paul.

Where did JESUS himself say, "Yeah, that stuff my Dad said about the Shrimp, that's totally not valid anymore."

Furthermore, let's look at what that verse actually says...

8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Okay, then He really doesn't say anything specific about any specific laws.

Now, if you want to go to the Gospel.

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished” (Matthew 5:17-18).

wow. That sounds pretty clear to me. Sounds to me the ban on Shrimp Eating is just as Iron-Clad as the rules on Slavery, Witch-Burning and Homosexuality.

The only difference is, "Christians" claim those rules (except for the ones on the gays) are no longer binding, even though nothing in the bible overturns any of them.

Not Jesus.
Not Paul
Not some guy pretending to be Paul.

The problem is the gays. They want to moosh it in everyone's face that they're a gay couple and you better respect them, mister.
Most people really dont give a shit if someone is gay or not. But htey don't want to have to hear about that crap either.

Again, I've known people who've been beaten up for being gay, I've known people who've been fired from their jobs for being gay.

So please don't pretend you homophobes don't care. It's just that you can't get away wiht your shit anymore, just like the racists can't get away with their shit anymore.

Okay, here's where I'm going to call Shenanigans on you.

First and foremost, I asked "Which VERSE OF THE GOSPELS" revoked the Mosaic Dietary Laws.

Because the epistle of the Hebrews was not written by Jesus and it is doubtful that it was even written by Paul.

By the end of the first century there was not a consensus over the author’s identity. Clement of Rome, Barnabas, the Apostle Paul, and other names were proposed. Others later suggested Luke the Evangelist, Apollos and Priscilla as possible authors.[11]

Though no author is named, the original King James Version of the Bible titled the work "The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Hebrews". However, the KJV's attribution to Paul was only a guess, and not a very good one according to the majority of recent scholarship.[5] Its vastly different style, different theological focus, different spiritual experience—all are believed to make Paul's authorship of Hebrews increasingly indefensible. At present, neither modern scholarship nor church teaching ascribes Hebrews to Paul.

Where did JESUS himself say, "Yeah, that stuff my Dad said about the Shrimp, that's totally not valid anymore."

Furthermore, let's look at what that verse actually says...

8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Okay, then He really doesn't say anything specific about any specific laws.

Now, if you want to go to the Gospel.

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished” (Matthew 5:17-18).

wow. That sounds pretty clear to me. Sounds to me the ban on Shrimp Eating is just as Iron-Clad as the rules on Slavery, Witch-Burning and Homosexuality.

The only difference is, "Christians" claim those rules (except for the ones on the gays) are no longer binding, even though nothing in the bible overturns any of them.

Not Jesus.
Not Paul
Not some guy pretending to be Paul.

You and your little friend are getting annoying, you two don't understand the Bible, neither of you knew the difference between Covenants and Testaments, you don't know what moral, ceremonial and Mosaic laws are and you're posting crap I have no intention of wading through. I take neither of you serious because you failed out of the gate, learn what you profess to know and then comment.

You and your little friend are getting annoying, you two don't understand the Bible, neither of you knew the difference between Covenants and Testaments, you don't know what moral, ceremonial and Mosaic laws are and you're posting crap I have no intention of wading through. I take neither of you serious because you failed out of the gate, learn what you profess to know and then comment.

Shouldn't you "Christians" have universal agreement on what a covenant is and what it covers before you spew about what other people understand.

The Seventh Day Adventists think the Mosaic Dietary Laws are still in place. I used to work with one. She was a pain in the ass to go to lunch with. (Other than that, she was a nice person, unlike more Christians A--holes.)

Some Churches think that Jesus is just fine with the Gays. Episcopalians, to start with.

Then you get the crazies like the Jehovah's Witnesses, who think that blood transfusions (something the Goat-lovers who wrote the bible never could have conceived of) are banned by God's Law.

Now, we could take a really, really practical approach, that these were primitive laws written by primitive people.

Which is exactly what most Christians did when we talk about eating shellfish, owning slaves or burning witches.

In 40 years, most Christians will just accept gay folks and probably perform gay weddings. And imagine how silly you are going to look in 40 years.

The "Go Fuck Yourselves"

"christian"

is trying to tell us about

How biblical she is.

:lol:

Jesus told me: You're going to hell, haughty lady.

Shouldn't you "Christians" have universal agreement on what a covenant is and what it covers before you spew about what other people understand.

The Seventh Day Adventists think the Mosaic Dietary Laws are still in place. I used to work with one. She was a pain in the ass to go to lunch with. (Other than that, she was a nice person, unlike more Christians A--holes.)

Some Churches think that Jesus is just fine with the Gays. Episcopalians, to start with.

Then you get the crazies like the Jehovah's Witnesses, who think that blood transfusions (something the Goat-lovers who wrote the bible never could have conceived of) are banned by God's Law.

Now, we could take a really, really practical approach, that these were primitive laws written by primitive people.

Which is exactly what most Christians did when we talk about eating shellfish, owning slaves or burning witches.

In 40 years, most Christians will just accept gay folks and probably perform gay weddings. And imagine how silly you are going to look in 40 years.

I said I'm done with your nonsense. You have no idea what you are blabbering about, pffffft you didn't know a Covenant from a Testament and think you can school me? You're minor league, nothing more and nothing less

Plenty of "pious" Southern preachers and pastors used the bible to justify owing black human beings and keep them in bondage.

I don't for a minute think if the "sassy" fouled-mouthed one lived back then in SC, she'd have used those biblical verses to justify it as well.

Cherry's. She's a picker.

Nazi-Cake.jpg

Do you not see the difference between making a cake for a person's wedding and hate speech?
Where are the HATE speech laws on this...............................
Have we gone the way of Europe where if you say the wrong thing you go to jail........
I don't agree with the cake...............I'm sure you don't either...............but you cannot cherry pick the law to only the subject of anti discrimination laws which concern you and not that of others...........Equal justice under the law..........Nazi's who would want this are the scourge........I wouldn't bake it..................same as I wouldn't bake an ISIS cake........but under the anti discrimination BLANKET..............I would be in violation of the law.............

No, the point here is that these bakers opened a business, and they must operate their business in accordance with the laws in the state in which they opened the business. Refusal to make a cake because people who are requesting it are gay is against the law in that state.

My guess is that they baked cakes for many gay folks who they didn't know were gay.

They refused to bake a cake for a GAY WEDDING.

I said I'm done with your nonsense. You have no idea what you are blabbering about, pffffft you didn't know a Covenant from a Testament and think you can school me? You're minor league, nothing more and nothing less

YEs, your inability to answer the questions I pose is duly noted.

I mean, I know it's tough, your savior didn't really revoke the rules on Shrimp, but more importantly, he iddn't revoke the rules on slavery or burning witches, either.

You think those would have been more important.

God didn't change. We did.

Hooray for us!

Maybe they should have baked it and put ExLax in it.

Then some of you who were invited could ride home in the glove compartment.

Putting ExLax in a food stuff that would be consumed would be considered assault and the person who did it would go to jail. They would probably also have their license to sell foodstuffs revoked.

Putting ExLax in a food stuff that would be consumed would be considered assault and the person who did it would go to jail. They would probably also have their license to sell foodstuffs revoked.

I'm sure you've got a case to back up your claim.

Especially since ExLax could easily be disguised.

Don't hurt yourself.

Or they could have backed the cake and burned it.

I wonder what would happen if that occurred.

It would probably be considered "hate baking". :afro::afro::afro:

Said the foul-mouthed "christian' who regularly tells people to Go Fuck Yourselves - amongst other piles of hate you spew...

You think people can't recognize what a flaming hypocrite you are?

Whooops....are Christian's perfect ?

Leaves me out.

Forum List

Back