The Economy in the ........???

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Gotta credit entrepreneurs......

1. "NYC pay toilet charges $8 a day

2. ....company is marketing an upscale potty break

3. Posh Stow and Go will offer visitors to the Big Apple “clean, safe and soundproof” bathrooms worthy of “the greatest city in the world,” in addition to such other amenities as “luxury showers”....

[I'll drink to that! Bottoms Up!]

4. Prices for the Midtown facility, which is set to open around June, start at $24 for a three-day pass (or $8 a day), plus a mandatory $15 annual membership fee.....but warns that “only a limited number of memberships will be sold so as to provide the best possible experience.”

5. “I always found myself in a situation where I needed a restroom…and I knew I wasn’t alone in placing a high value on privacy and cleanliness,”....

[Of course, one would have to plan a year in advance....]

6. The aptly named Phlush , a public restroom advocacy group based in Portland, Oregon, goes so far as to argue that “toilet availability is a human right” and “well-designed sanitation systems restore health to our cities.”

7. But the issue for cities remains twofold: Public restrooms are expensive to build and maintain and they are seen as a potential magnet for vagrants.
[...due to bathroom inequality....]

8. In New York, for example, city officials announced such a plan in 2005, but the project has yet to move considerably forward—with only three of the projected 20 facilities having opened to date.
[The project requires greater movement]

9. .... a city planning expert ... remains skeptical, saying a pay-by-the-day upscale toilet facility goes against the grain of the democratic urban ideal.
[Talk about American exceptionalism!!]

10. “At a time of extreme wealth inequity, what could illustrate New York City’s economic and social divisions more than a subscription to a luxury ‘public’ restroom,”..."
NYC pay toilet charges $8 a day - MarketWatch

This is a job for "Social Justice Man"!!!!

.....after he finds an inexpensive bathroom where he can change into his costume!

If toilet availability is a human right, then crapping in dirt and wiping with fig leaves is a human right.

Indoor plumbing is not a commode . . . er . . . commodity for vagrants.

If toilet availability is a human right, then crapping in dirt and wiping with fig leaves is a human right.

Wedgie.....right here in Article 13 of the United Nations exegesis of human rights....

Article 13.

(1) Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each state.
(2) Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Wedgie.....right here in Article 13 of the United Nations exegesis of human rights....

Article 13.

(1) Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence within the borders of each state.
(2) Everyone has the right to leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country.
If movement is so free, why do I have to keep drinking prune juice?

I demand a refund on my deposit!

Last edited:
I'd never pay specifically to excrete.

Even if "taking" a piss/other literally meant leaving with one.

Article 13.

If movement is so free, why do I have to keep drinking prune juice?

I demand a refund on my deposit!

Exactly, to which "deposit" are you referring?

Are you certain about that refund?

I'd never pay specifically to excrete.

Even if "taking" a piss/other literally meant leaving with one.

So refreshing to have finally found a subject about which you can converse with authority!

That we speak a different language isn't an issue with my intellect, it's your own thing. Megalomania.

Ooooooo......kinda sensitive there, eh?

So, I'm not the only one to mention a certain......inadequacy?

Forum List

Back