🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The election is over so why is social media still banning/deleting posts they deem wrong?

These Censorious Social Media Bastards do not fit in our Free Society.
Of course they do. Freedom means that they are not obligated to support your message.

Freedom to speak also means freedom to not speak.
So you support giant corporations denying public services in order enforce political viewpoint compliance?
Public service?

It’s Facebook, not electricity. Get some perspective.
Neither are stores, motels, hotels, or bakers.
You sure? How am I supposed to eat if I can’t got to a store or place that serves food?

Seems like eating is a pretty vital thing.

Not to mention that public accommodation laws don’t protect people from discrimination based on political ideology.
Do you mean to tell me that a baker could refuse to bake a wedding cake for a customer wearing a Joe Biden t-shirt and not have the usual suspects weeping and wailing at his doorstep?
They'd be whining just as loud as the Trumpsters. Most people think the point of government is to make other people do what you want.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Of course they do. Freedom means that they are not obligated to support your message.

So you support giant corporations denying public services in order enforce political viewpoint compliance?
Public service?

You sure? How am I supposed to eat if I can’t got to a store or place that serves food?

Not to mention that public accommodation laws don’t protect people from discrimination based on political ideology.
So you are good with banks refusing to do business with people over their political viewpoint?

What about red lining Red or Blue Neighborhoods?

And Educator was fired for posting this on her OWN personal social media

Do you support firing her for that?

If you publically publically publish a racist point of view, and you are an "educator", yes you should be fired. Whether it is your personal social media page or not. If you wrote it and posted it, you're gone.

Public service?

Do you mean to tell me that a baker could refuse to bake a wedding cake for a customer wearing a Joe Biden t-shirt and not have the usual suspects weeping and wailing at his doorstep?

Joe Biden is not a protected class.

Whats the goal here?

Suppress anger from the right befor the runoff senate race?

Force congress to break them up/strip them of protections?

Think they can permanently control public discourse if they just keep the propaganda machine oiled with the fresh remains of the 1st amendment?

Seriously can't say this loud enough....

FUCK THESE COMPANIES!
Social media is leading to the end of civilization.

Public service?

So you are good with banks refusing to do business with people over their political viewpoint?

What about red lining Red or Blue Neighborhoods?

And Educator was fired for posting this on her OWN personal social media

Do you support firing her for that?

If you publically publically publish a racist point of view, and you are an "educator", yes you should be fired. Whether it is your personal social media page or not. If you wrote it and posted it, you're gone.
Point out what is racist in this post:

1608071333029.png

Public service?

Do you mean to tell me that a baker could refuse to bake a wedding cake for a customer wearing a Joe Biden t-shirt...
No. I'm telling you the opposite.

It also means they are not entitled to government protection from lawsuits, turd.
Why do you lunatics insist on suing everyone?

Don’t you have something useful to contribute to society?
You don't believe Facebook and Google should be subject to the same laws as everyone else?
They are subject to the same laws as any other website.
You know that isn't true.

Public service?

They'd be whining just as loud as the Trumpsters. Most people think the point of government is to make other people do what you want.
That pretty much is the point of government as it now stands, moron.

Whats the goal here?
They don’t want to be a hotbed of conspiratorial nonsense.
You mean they want to suppress opinions and information they disagree with.

Who do you think you're fooling?
I mean that they are a business and advertisers don’t like their ads appearing on the pages of lunatics.
There are plenty of advertisers what would love to have their ads posted on rightwing pages.

You idiots kill me when you display your naked hatred for freedom of speech.

Why do you call yourselves "liberal" or "progressive?" Stalinists is what you are.
Not enough to pay the bills for the torrent of bullshit you lunatics put in the internet.

We are talking about massive companies, not stupid little right wing blogs.

The hatred of freedom comes from you thugs who demand social media do as you say.
Yeah, right. Censorship means freedom. War is peace.

Freedom of speech costs nothing. Censorship is what requires massive armies of Stalinist douchebags.

You're the lowest bucket of piss in the universe.
But you’re forgetting that this “censorship” isn’t occurring in the public sphere. It’s not occurring on government property.

It’s occurring on private servers paid for by private money. You are a thug trying to tell people what to do with their property. Because you know what? Running a massive website isn’t actually free!
It's occuring with government protection, scumbag. The cost of lawyers isn't free when the government isn't protecting you from lawsuits.
No one needs government to protect them from the consequences of chucking you lunatics off their property. That’s their constitutional right to do so.
The you should support terminating Section 230. Why are you fighting so hard to defend it?
Because the internet would be a steaming pile of shit without it.

You lunatics would burn it all down.
YEs, I imagine from the point of view of a bootlicking Stalinist dirtbag, it would be a pile of shit. However, now it's a pile of shit for anyone who isn't a brainwashed minion of the deep state.
The Stalinist is the one who wants to force private individuals to do to your bidding.
I have no intention of forcing them to do my bidding. I just don't want them protected from lawsuits while they persecute half the population of this country.

That argument is completely fake. You all are pissed off at Facebook and Twitter because they're flagging your posts for the bullshit they are, and you want big daddy government to punish them. Same old statist crap - using the government to bully people you don't like.

But, I know, it's different when you do it.

Then you won't have any trouble endorsing the repeal of Section 230, right?
I'm not interested in Trump's petty, political revenge schemes.
No, you're interested in helping Dims cheat on elections.

There are plenty of social media sites around and each one must decide for itself what editoral control they wish to exert. The charge of propaganda control that I'm reading about here isn't all that different from the liberals' bellyaching when Rush Limbaugh first became popular. It seemed strange to me (at the time) because back in the day we learned that if you didn't like what was on then get up and change the channel. The OP concludes with a policy I've always taken to heart, my choice is to not patronize those entities that I don't trust. Perhaps the difference is that I never had a problem with Rush or Fox News not catering to my taste.
Rush & Fox don't actively suppress the opinions of the opposite party. In fact they promote those opinions because it gives them fuel for their own positions.
Neither does Facebook and Twitter

They just point out that this poster is a crazy fucking liar.
Some people are incapable of knowing otherwise
Exactly. Misinformation and outright lies are still misinformation and outright lies regardless of elections
How absurd. So everytime someone disagrees with your OPINION that makes you a liar? Those are your standards?

Insane

No, everytime someone lies to me it makes them a liar and when they find that insane then there is something odd about them.
How do you know they lied?

Whenever a Rumper pushes a key on his keyboard or flaps his lips it's a pretty good bet it's a lie.

Whats the goal here?

Suppress anger from the right befor the runoff senate race?

Force congress to break them up/strip them of protections?

Think they can permanently control public discourse if they just keep the propaganda machine oiled with the fresh remains of the 1st amendment?

Seriously can't say this loud enough....

FUCK THESE COMPANIES!

First money has to change hands between Biden and social media for rigging the election for him.

There are plenty of social media sites around and each one must decide for itself what editoral control they wish to exert. The charge of propaganda control that I'm reading about here isn't all that different from the liberals' bellyaching when Rush Limbaugh first became popular. It seemed strange to me (at the time) because back in the day we learned that if you didn't like what was on then get up and change the channel. The OP concludes with a policy I've always taken to heart, my choice is to not patronize those entities that I don't trust. Perhaps the difference is that I never had a problem with Rush or Fox News not catering to my taste.
Rush & Fox don't actively suppress the opinions of the opposite party. In fact they promote those opinions because it gives them fuel for their own positions.
Neither does Facebook and Twitter

They just point out that this poster is a crazy fucking liar.
Some people are incapable of knowing otherwise
Exactly. Misinformation and outright lies are still misinformation and outright lies regardless of elections
How absurd. So everytime someone disagrees with your OPINION that makes you a liar? Those are your standards?

Insane

No, everytime someone lies to me it makes them a liar and when they find that insane then there is something odd about them.
How do you know they lied?

Whenever a Rumper pushes a key on his keyboard or flaps his lips it's a pretty good bet it's a lie.
Oh please, it took the left almost 3 years to admit Bill had sex with Monica

Public service?

And it's dead wrong - an abuse of government. Ask a libertarian.

Whats the goal here?

I mean that they are a business and advertisers don’t like their ads appearing on the pages of lunatics.
There are plenty of advertisers what would love to have their ads posted on rightwing pages.

Why do you call yourselves "liberal" or "progressive?" Stalinists is what you are.
Not enough to pay the bills for the torrent of bullshit you lunatics put in the internet.

The hatred of freedom comes from you thugs who demand social media do as you say.

Freedom of speech costs nothing. Censorship is what requires massive armies of Stalinist douchebags.

But you’re forgetting that this “censorship” isn’t occurring in the public sphere. It’s not occurring on government property.

It’s occurring on private servers paid for by private money. You are a thug trying to tell people what to do with their property. Because you know what? Running a massive website isn’t actually free!
It's occuring with government protection, scumbag. The cost of lawyers isn't free when the government isn't protecting you from lawsuits.
No one needs government to protect them from the consequences of chucking you lunatics off their property. That’s their constitutional right to do so.
The you should support terminating Section 230. Why are you fighting so hard to defend it?

YEs, I imagine from the point of view of a bootlicking Stalinist dirtbag, it would be a pile of shit. However, now it's a pile of shit for anyone who isn't a brainwashed minion of the deep state.
The Stalinist is the one who wants to force private individuals to do to your bidding.
I have no intention of forcing them to do my bidding. I just don't want them protected from lawsuits while they persecute half the population of this country.

That argument is completely fake. You all are pissed off at Facebook and Twitter because they're flagging your posts for the bullshit they are, and you want big daddy government to punish them. Same old statist crap - using the government to bully people you don't like.

We're talking about social media regulation.

Public service?

And it's dead wrong - an abuse of government. Ask a libertarian.
Any use of government is an abuse. Government is the monopoly on the use of force. It can't exist without abusing its citizens.

Whats the goal here?

Exactly. You're interested in helping Dims cheat on elections.

Whats the goal here?

Exactly. You're interested in helping Dims cheat on elections.
Not the topic. Try to focus.

Forum List

Back