The entire notion of safe spaces and political correctness.

I'd like to know if any of the people posting in this thread have children who are the type who would demand safe spaces at college.
Exactly. When it comes down to it, I wonder how much of this is really emphasized anywhere but the media.

I have three grown children. They've all attended public schools and have all attended college. None have ever expressed a desire to have a safe space. I ask again....have any of the people shitting on our young people raised mamby-pamby kids? Tell us all about it.

My daughter, in particular, is a regular activist. She is very political and she has fought for those who need help since she was knee high to a grasshopper. She's quick to let me know when I've expressed some kind of implicit bias. But she isn't whining about it. She's standing her ground and demanding that I consider my choice of words.

What you malcontents keep missing....is that our young people aren't cowering in a corner avoiding confrontation. They are in your face...telling you what they think and demanding that racist, xenophobes, mysoginists and homophobes move on down the road.

And....it is all a counter reaction to the fact that our generation has lost the ability to be civil in disagreement. They are righting the ship. Nothing to get all worked up about.

Last edited:
I'd like to know if any of the people posting in this thread have children who are the type who would demand safe spaces at college.
Exactly. When it comes down to it, I wonder how much of this is really emphasized anywhere but the media.
And how many colleges have/are thinking of having safe spaces, plus why (past incidents?).

I guarantee you that no a single person who is bitching about this will say that their own kids are coddled snowflakes. It's one of those things that unhappy people like to throw around as a part of their overall miserable outlook on life.

What do you mean? Just hit the "block" button and the troll vanishes.

Human nature....how many times do you see posters claiming to be ignoring the very post they are responding to...

Kids don't have the self confidence to be able to ignore things so easily. Bullying used to be face to face, within a small group of people. Cyber bulling is far more invasive and harder to combat. It's not so much that you can choose to block it, but that all your aquaintences can be dragged in to it. At least that's how I see it.
The best way to combat bullying is to spread awareness to children about what it is, teach empathy, and give the children support to speak up when they see a kid bullying another kid.

Yeah, teach them to turn the other cheek when hit. The liberal way! This way, everyone will bully the poor guy. No resistance, no precautions, no end to bullying!

Children will exploit this sort of nonsense like no tomorrow, it's a justification for them to bully.
Don't twist my words... you clearly have no clue what you are talking about. You can still teach children how to defend themselves, but there are much more effective techniques for conflict resolution than resorting to violence.

Don't twist my words. I never said you should teach them to defend themselves or whatever...

But perhaps, the best thing to not do is to be empathetic with a bully.
Excuse me, what exactly were you suggesting with your "turn the cheek" comment?

I didn't say the best thing to do was to be empathetic with a bully... empathy training involves teaching kids to think about how their words and actions effect others and how to recognize how other people's words and actions effect others. It is a very beneficial lesson for youngsters to learn. I can think of a number of adults that could use it... many here on this board

Last edited:
Don't twist my words... you clearly have no clue what you are talking about. You can still teach children how to defend themselves, but there are much more effective techniques for conflict resolution than resorting to violence.

Like what?

Nothing keeps a predator at bay better than resistance.

For some people that's enough to make them reconsider predatory behaviors of all sorts. There's a whole lot of simple shit that could be fixed with a simple ass whippin. Like when libturds agitate people at Trump rallies.

And how many colleges have/are thinking of having safe spaces, plus why (past incidents?).

Why indeed. These requests on some campuses are a reaction to something. It isn't as though these kids don't see a problem that needs to be addressed.

The majority of children that are bullied do ignore it, they are scared and embarrassed and the swallow their pride and take it while it persists. My girl is a school counselor and deals with this stuff on a daily basis. I can assure you Telling kids to toughen up and ignore wrong doing or to punch and try humiliate bullies is not the answer.

Well I think it's a matter of how you carry yourself. I never was scared or embarrassed and I never swallowed my pride and took it... I just ignored them. Sometimes, I would even respond by being overtly nice and cordial... that blew their fuses... they weren't expecting it. You know, it's really very hard to bully someone who is being nice to you.

When I punched the bully it wasn't because I was trying to humiliate him, that just happened to be the result. I was simply responding in self defense and I taught my kids the same thing... they touch you, they're open game.

I have no idea what a counselor might tell kids of today... we live in a different era. Today's kids may have been raised by parents who've insulated them, protected them, babied and coddled them. Those kids aren't equipped to deal with bullies. That's a problem.

In high school, my youngest daughter was involved in a Stop Bullying campaign at her school and I supported her. I don't have a problem with that, I think it's a good thing and should be encouraged. I wish they had done something like that back when I was in school. That being said, I think we have a problem with people being over-sensitive and wearing their feelings on their sleeves. Ultimately, the bully is seeking attention... deprive them of that attention and they have no reason to continue.

I have three grown children. They've all attended public schools and have all attended college. None have ever expressed a desire to have a safe space. I ask again....have any of the people shitting on our young people raised mamba-pamby kids? Tell us all about it.

My daughter, in particular, is a regular activist. She is very political and she has fought for those who need help since she was knee high to a grasshopper. She's quick to let me know when I've expressed some kind of implicit bias. But she isn't whining about it. She's standing her ground and demanding that I consider my choice of words.

What you malcontents keep missing....is that our young people aren't cowering in a corner avoiding confrontation. They are in your face...telling you what they think and demanding that racist, xenophobes, mysoginists and homophobes move on down the road.

And....it is all a counter reaction to the fact that our generation has lost the ability to be civil in disagreement. They are righting the ship. Nothing to get all worked up about.
I don't see anything wrong with this statement. It's great to encourage our youth to take action like your daughter and I commend her for it. I also don't think there is anything wrong fighting to provide a safe area for all children and students to flourish. why wouldn't everybody fight to make our country as safe and accepting as possible?

I see nothing wrong with the concept of "safe spaces"

Of course those who avail themselves of them should be gently informed that they are setting themselves up to suck hind tit once they're out in the real world.

But only informed once.

Why indeed. These requests on some campuses are a reaction to something. It isn't as though these kids don't see a problem that needs to be addressed.
I'm still reminded of some articles I read months ago regarding the upsurge of white supremacist groups on college campuses. Racists won't admit it, but there is stuff going on. Belligerent talk isn't condoned in schools, and it doesn't have to be. Teaching people to treat others with respect is NOT being a Nazi ! It's being civilized. Not allowing conservatives to speak as guests is a whole 'nother matter and is perfectly ridiculous. But we need to separate those two things out and make clear what we are objecting to, first.

The majority of children that are bullied do ignore it, they are scared and embarrassed and the swallow their pride and take it while it persists. My girl is a school counselor and deals with this stuff on a daily basis. I can assure you Telling kids to toughen up and ignore wrong doing or to punch and try humiliate bullies is not the answer.

Well I think it's a matter of how you carry yourself. I never was scared or embarrassed and I never swallowed my pride and took it... I just ignored them. Sometimes, I would even respond by being overtly nice and cordial... that blew their fuses... they weren't expecting it. You know, it's really very hard to bully someone who is being nice to you.

When I punched the bully it wasn't because I was trying to humiliate him, that just happened to be the result. I was simply responding in self defense and I taught my kids the same thing... they touch you, they're open game.

I have no idea what a counselor might tell kids of today... we live in a different era. Today's kids may have been raised by parents who've insulated them, protected them, babied and coddled them. Those kids aren't equipped to deal with bullies. That's a problem.

In high school, my youngest daughter was involved in a Stop Bullying campaign at her school and I supported her. I don't have a problem with that, I think it's a good thing and should be encouraged. I wish they had done something like that back when I was in school. That being said, I think we have a problem with people being over-sensitive and wearing their feelings on their sleeves. Ultimately, the bully is seeking attention... deprive them of that attention and they have no reason to continue.
I agree with all points. It's a shame that partisanship draws a divide with common sense things like this that most people agree with. There are subtle differences but that the beauty of how a contest of ideas and healthy debate can produce good results. We've lost the ability to do this and it really is damaging our country

I don't see anything wrong with this statement. It's great to encourage our youth to take action like your daughter and I commend her for it. I also don't think there is anything wrong fighting to provide a safe area for all children and students to flourish. why wouldn't everybody fight to make our country as safe and accepting as possible?

Here's my concern.... Our society tends to always emotively over-correct. We have a tendency to respond with knee-jerk reactions and "solutions" that go too far the other way. We see this in virtually every facet of our lives... look at how we responded to 9/11? It was a terrible act of terrorism on innocent civilians and there was a public outcry to do something... next thing you know, we have a couple of new government bureaucracies invading our freedoms, frisking us down at airports, monitoring our phone calls and making lists of people who are suspicious.... we go off invading countries and starting wars... Not to start an argument about the merits of a War on Terrorism, but this is an example of how we often over-react as a society.

The internet and social media has only made this more pronounced because we are able to form alliances and coalitions, then lobby for change. We don't actually put enough thought into the long-term ramifications, we just want change now. Sometimes.... most of the time.... it leads to us over-correcting.

Here's my concern.... Our society tends to always emotively over-correct. We have a tendency to respond with knee-jerk reactions and "solutions" that go too far the other way. We see this in virtually every facet of our lives... look at how we responded to 9/11? It was a terrible act of terrorism on innocent civilians and there was a public outcry to do something... next thing you know, we have a couple of new government bureaucracies invading our freedoms, frisking us down at airports, monitoring our phone calls and making lists of people who are suspicious.... we go off invading countries and starting wars... Not to start an argument about the merits of a War on Terrorism, but this is an example of how we often over-react as a society.

The internet and social media has only made this more pronounced because we are able to form alliances and coalitions, then lobby for change. We don't actually put enough thought into the long-term ramifications, we just want change now. Sometimes.... most of the time.... it leads to us over-correcting.
I agree as well. Emotional reactions are understandable especially for those personally effected but careful thought and appropriate action is also necessary. This goes back to my point of the degradation of our social and political etiquette and ability to talk to each other with respect while debating or deliberating an issue. These polarized, overexaggerated attacks and "knee-jerk" reactions to ride the partisan train is responsible for poor decision making, sloppy lawmaking and also the gridlock in Washington. Both sides are guilty of this

Yeah, teach them to turn the other cheek when hit. The liberal way! This way, everyone will bully the poor guy. No resistance, no precautions, no end to bullying!

Children will exploit this sort of nonsense like no tomorrow, it's a justification for them to bully.
It's hardly ever a lone bully, usually it's a group of people.

Mob/pack courage. Alone, they're nothing.

One of my guiding principles has always been, the more official rules and regulations, the more complicated it becomes to get things done. Rules are better left unspoken and just lived.

Libturds RESIST making the country safe and tolerant and YOU KNOW IT. That's why there are more horrific murders committed by "peaceful muzbots" and kids put on drugs by hippie psychological witch doctors. Regressive dipshits blame the gun and want to prevent sane adults from limiting the response time in an active shooting.

They slander police, convict them before the story has been fully told, then put rioters all over national TV.

Just wait for the day several cities go up in flames and some "refugees" get their shit together enough to hit the electric grid hard. Perhaps take out some bridges or God knows what. Your beloved nanny state has a stroke, collapses and everyone and their buddies with keys to a weapons and ammo vault takes what they can the fuck home. Then the feral ghetto rats go out in search of sustainment.

Libtards insist we need the "diversity"... what bullshit. Everything the left does is designed to destroy shit and empower bureaucrooks to (never) "fix" it. Look at ever single moonbat program. The problems are never corrected even with redundant offices. Racial strife... worse than ever. The meat puppet faggot alienated as many people as he could. Now the bed wetters need safe zones to keep everyone else from reminding them what imbeciles they are. I'll bet there are no fuckin mirrors allowed in these "social JUST us" retard safe zones.

14bkif.jpg

One of my guiding principles has always been, the more official rules and regulations, the more complicated it becomes to get things done. Rules are better left unspoken and just lived.

Well, where it is a real problem fundamentally, is with public policy. Whenever we emotively react without much deliberation, just out of knee-jerk emotional need to have change to "improve" something, it ends up being rushed into law and then we see the ramifications and consequences but it's too late to change it.

This is essentially at the core of why I am a Conservative. To me, conservatism is measured and pragmatic thought in dealing with any problem. Rather than emotively reacting and demanding something be done now, I would rather have a conversation about long-term outcomes and make slight changes with caution. To progressives, this often translates to the notion that I don't care... it's not that I don't care, it's that I DO care. I just don't agree with radical change, especially when it's emotionally charged.

Look at the Black Lives Matter movement... There might be some merit to an argument that there are some racist police officers who unfairly target black people. But the emotional charge runs through social media and our knee-jerk reactionary society and before you know it, we have this huge movement of people who sincerely believe all cops are racists who hate blacks and we need to nationalize local law enforcement. We go too far to the extreme too fast and we pay the price in sacrificing our freedoms. When someone speaks out and suggests we keep our heads and slow down... they're hooted down by the emotional hoards who've adopted a radical viewpoint and refuse to hear anything else.

Well, where it is a real problem fundamentally, is with public policy. Whenever we emotively react without much deliberation, just out of knee-jerk emotional need to have change to "improve" something, it ends up being rushed into law and then we see the ramifications and consequences but it's too late to change it.

This is essentially at the core of why I am a Conservative. To me, conservatism is measured and pragmatic thought in dealing with any problem. Rather than emotively reacting and demanding something be done now, I would rather have a conversation about long-term outcomes and make slight changes with caution. To progressives, this often translates to the notion that I don't care... it's not that I don't care, it's that I DO care. I just don't agree with radical change, especially when it's emotionally charged.

Look at the Black Lives Matter movement... There might be some merit to an argument that there are some racist police officers who unfairly target black people. But the emotional charge runs through social media and our knee-jerk reactionary society and before you know it, we have this huge movement of people who sincerely believe all cops are racists who hate blacks and we need to nationalize local law enforcement. We go too far to the extreme too fast and we pay the price in sacrificing our freedoms. When someone speaks out and suggests we keep our heads and slow down... they're hooted down by the emotional hoards who've adopted a radical viewpoint and refuse to hear anything else.
Youve used two examples, one BLM and the other our response to 911. BLM is an extreme progressive movement and I agree, they are way too reactionary. They are using any excuse to justify protest so they can voice their concerns and advance their cause. We saw similar stuff in the civil rights movement and after Rodney king/OJ trials.

Your other example post 911 was under republican leadership and I can't think of many conservatives that opposed the tightening of national security measures nor the Iraq war.

I'm fine with you pointing out mistakes and poor judgement but don't paint this picture that it is solely a liberal issue and conservatives are the only smart rational principled group. Both side are guilty of making emotional reactions and both have shown poor judgement.

Youve used two examples, one BLM and the other our response to 911. BLM is an extreme progressive movement and I agree, they are way too reactionary. They are using any excuse to justify protest so they can voice their concerns and advance their cause. We saw similar stuff in the civil rights movement and after Rodney king/OJ trials.

Your other example post 911 was under republican leadership and I can't think of many conservatives that opposed the tightening of national security measures nor the Iraq war.

I'm fine with you pointing out mistakes and poor judgement but don't paint this picture that it is solely a liberal issue and conservatives are the only smart rational principled group. Both side are guilty of making emotional reactions and both have shown poor judgement.

It's funny that even liberals agree that it's pretty much only a liberal issue, and a huge one at that. That's because they are in power currently... they have gotten lazy as the racist card has worked so extremely well (before now). Next thing you know gender is a social construct...

This leftist is documenting the craziness every week, in his very popular series "This week in stupid".

Forum List

Back