The FACTS on Food Stamps

And today a medical/snap fraud case was referred for investigation. See 2 people separately can bring in up to $200 in snap...but if they apply together, they only get $367...the feds think that two people eat for less than two. So people lie about whether they are purchasing adn preparing together, and they get separate fs allotments.

This group consisted of a pregnant woman, with a child already, and she said she was living with a guy named "Eddie" who wasn't related to her or the child or the one on the way. If he was the father of one of the kids, he has to be included in teh fs and the medical household.

Anyway, some other guy who happens to have the same last nname as both of the kids (she had the baby) has applied for medical on his own...and he lists their address as his home.

A phone call is made, and she mainntains that "Eddie" and the dad are two separate entities, and that dad doesn't live there....ruh roh.

She's been getting tanf, and fs, and medical, based on her income of $0.00, and he's been living there the entire time. He has income, of course, which would reduce their fs benefit.

The stupid thing is...lying like this ad pretending he's an absent father means tht the state established a support case against him...and they dock him...and give only $100 of it to her (pass-through..she gets $50 per child).

Fucking criminal retards who don't have teh sense to know they're actually screwing themselves over. And they will probably be charged and convicted of a crime.

For what? They weren't hungry. They're greedy, and lazy, and criminal.

Yes, but you would have to be a complete idiot. It's pretty hard to ignore a basic need like hunger. Recipients learn quickly to play it smart.

Both sides over blow the food stamps issue. It's called food assistance not food providing. Meaning it's supposed to help your food costs not cover it completely.

The amount it pays now covers so little because of inflation it's ridiculous, but that's the intent. Help with the cost, but don't cover it.

What makes me sick is when you see illegals that don't speak a lick of English getting food stamps or people buying liquor, cigarettes in cash and then using the link card! Just the other day, this woman was buying all kinds of groceries on the link card and then bought a pack of cigarettes and a bottle of Hennessy! I just saw something wrong with that!

You're wrong about illegals. It is a myth that illegals get SNAP. Go to the Dept. of Agriculture's website. It specifically says in black and white that illegals are ineligible for SNAP.

You're also wrong about alcohol. Recipients of SNAP cannot buy alcohol or tobacco with government funds.

:lmao:

why do you think illegals have anchor babies the second they get here?

Last edited:
I talked to a lady the day before yesterday who was trying to get some homeless guy's snap card replaced...she has her own. He was in jail. Snap fraud is widespread, and most of the recipients have never known a day of hunger in their lives.

according to mr facts.... fraud is not a problem at all nor is it widespread.

It's huge. I talked to one lady who had foodstamps...after struggling for many years to get by without. She has a child, and she works at Starbucks. And she said she would get infuriated because the first week of the month, all the welfare people come in with their ebt cards and buy drinks from her that SHE can't afford. So she finally came in to apply for foodstamps.

Both sides over blow the food stamps issue. It's called food assistance not food providing. Meaning it's supposed to help your food costs not cover it completely.

The amount it pays now covers so little because of inflation it's ridiculous, but that's the intent. Help with the cost, but don't cover it.

What makes me sick is when you see illegals that don't speak a lick of English getting food stamps or people buying liquor, cigarettes in cash and then using the link card! Just the other day, this woman was buying all kinds of groceries on the link card and then bought a pack of cigarettes and a bottle of Hennessy! I just saw something wrong with that!

You're wrong about illegals. It is a myth that illegals get SNAP. Go to the Dept. of Agriculture's website. It specifically says in black and white that illegals are ineligible for SNAP.

You're also wrong about alcohol. Recipients of SNAP cannot buy alcohol or tobacco with government funds.

But their children and all their other relatives can get it.

Recipients of Snap certainly can purchase alcohol or tobacco with government funds, i.e., TANF or cash assistance. You bet they can, and do. And the funds go onto their ebt card, along with their foodstamps.

if their children and relatives are legals, then yeah they can. What so because they are related to illegals they can't be eligible even though they have citizenship? :eusa_eh:

I don't know where you get your information from, but it clearly says on the Dept. of Agriculture's website that tobacco and alcohol cannot be purchased with EBT. Look it up.

I talked to a lady the day before yesterday who was trying to get some homeless guy's snap card replaced...she has her own. He was in jail. Snap fraud is widespread, and most of the recipients have never known a day of hunger in their lives.

It's huge. I talked to one lady who had foodstamps...after struggling for many years to get by without. She has a child, and she works at Starbucks. And she said she would get infuriated because the first week of the month, all the welfare people come in with their ebt cards and buy drinks from her that SHE can't afford. So she finally came in to apply for foodstamps.

Not only is that story anecdotal, but it isn't even an example of fraud anyway. :cuckoo:

Why do you all conveniently ignore the facts? There is no evidence that fraud is "huge"

lol... i know. Sad that people on snap can afford more and better then people who work their asses off. Hell, who would not love buying lobster and steak for dinner....

Mr facts will not understand or believe a word you say. Hell, he could not even answer the simple question about purchasing coffee with snap.

Not only is that story anecdotal, but it isn't even an example of fraud anyway. :cuckoo:

Why do you all conveniently ignore the facts? There is no evidence that fraud is "huge"

:lmao:

What it's evidence of is assholes on foodstamps being able to eat better than people who work for a living and don't want or don't qualify for foodstamps.

Easy reforms that can be implemented now:

1. Reduce the benefit amounts to reduce waste. A family of 6 can eat well on $600 per month where I live. The benefit for a family of 6 with no income is $952. That's too high, especially when most families on food stamps also get free lunches for the kids at school.

2. Reduce the eligibility to those truly in need. Consider the income of the household, not just that of the unmarried "single mom" living with her long term boyfriend who makes enough to provide for them. No professionals using food stamps as a way to subsidize graduate school. No alcoholics that live in Mom's trailer and nobody who rents out their house while living rent free with someone else.

3. Audit lifestyles. If you have $80 nails, a $200 weave, drive a new car, buy food with EBT and lottery tickets with cash, you don't need assistance. If you drive your father's BMW regularly, park it at your house most days and wear your boyfriend's Rolex, you don't need assistance.

4. Allow basic foods only using the UMC codes on every product. Salt is fine, Western Mediterranean sea salt is not. Round steak on sale is fine. Porterhouse and NY Strip are not. Milk is fine. Häagen-Dazs is not. No soda, no coffee, no tea, no energy drinks, no "natural flavor drinks made with juice." Those are not food, nor are they necessary. No frozen dinners, no prepared food.

5. Reduce or end aid if someone on SNAP is obese. Assistance is provided to keep someone from starving and if you're obese, you aren't starving.

6. Don't authorize a high priced food source that is within easy walking distance from a reasonably priced source. There is no need to pay $1.00 for a single banana at a gas station when you can buy them for 69¢ a pound across the street (which means that banana costs 30¢). You're on public assistance, you should not pay for convenience. That $4 bagel with cream cheese costs 53¢ if you buy a package of 6 bagels and a tub of cream cheese at the grocery store. However, convenience stores should be authorized if there are no other lower cost options nearby.

7. Screen for bulk items. It's okay to buy 500 hot dogs. It's not okay to buy 500 hot dogs every week during baseball season.

8. Anybody caught defrauding the program is cut off. First for a month, second for a year, and third a lifetime ban.

9. Check IDs with EBT cards. They can't be sold if nobody else can use them.

10. Increase rollover balances to 3 months. If you don't need it, there's no reason to have it. However if you buy in bulk and/or sale items you don't need now but will that should be accommodated.

It just astounds me how dumb and willfully ignorant you are. I've met some whoppers on this forum, but you are just unbelievable.

1. No, a family of 6 cannot eat well with 952.00 a month. Why? Because that 952 has to cover all of their expenses, not just food, jackass. Maybe you can squeak by if you bought the dollar menu from McDonald's everyday, but that's not an ideal diet for a child now is it?

2. The income of the entire household is considered. For Christ's sakes, I've been saying that over and over. It says it in my sources. Do you just choose not to read what I put? It doesn't matter who is living in the house or how they are all related to each other. It is the gross income of the household. Period.

3. Audit lifestyles? Are you kidding me? Are you not a conservative who believes in the value of keeping one's privacy from the government? Talk about double standard. Once again it doesn't fucking matter what these people buy every month if they get the same amount every month. If these people want to buy stupid things with their money, that is their problem. It is their own stupidity. It's not like they can buy a bunch of expensive crap anyway.

4. Same point as 3. And No frozen dinners? Are you kidding me? Those are the one reliably cheap product there is. True, it could be more nutritious, but it is a reliable source for protein at least and its still worlds better than fast food.

5. People are obese for more reasons than self control. What if they have a thyroid issue or an unusually slow metabolism. Another contributing factor is that they are not being smart about what they are buying. If anything, educate them on a proper diet.

6. Once again, people learn quickly. If they are getting nothing but peanuts, they realize early on they need to be economical.

7. NONE OF THEM COULD POSSIBLY AFFORD TO BUY 500 HOTDOGS A WEEK.

8. There already are proper consequences when fraud is discovered and once again, it is rare.

9. That is the only intelligent thing you have said thus far. Chances are, markets do it anyway.

10. Based on what they get, a roll over policy is completley fair.

You are something else, dude.

EDIT: it also needs to be said that one of the food restrictions is hot food, so they couldn't buy something like fast food.

Some gems that show you are not the one to be accusing others of being ignorant:

No, a family of 6 cannot eat well with 952.00 a month. Why? Because that 952 has to cover all of their expenses, not just food, jackass.

And No frozen dinners? Are you kidding me? Those are the one reliably cheap product there is.

NONE OF THEM COULD POSSIBLY AFFORD TO BUY 500 HOTDOGS A WEEK.

Chances are, markets do it anyway.

it also needs to be said that one of the food restrictions is hot food, so they couldn't buy something like fast food.

You don't want reforms, you don't think they are needed. Fraud doesn't bother you. This is the mindset of most in the bureaucracy which is why it's so wasteful and why it needs to be scrapped and replaced.

I'm all for helping folks that are hungry and in need. The problem I have is standing in a checkout line behind a woman with 5 kids and 2 buggies loaded to the top heaping and she whips out a food stamp sheet to pay for it. Next, she leaves talking on her iphone and loads her goods in a Cadillac SUV while smoking a cig.

Life is good under Obummer !!

I'm all for helping folks that are hungry and in need. The problem I have is standing in a checkout line behind a woman with 5 kids and 2 buggies loaded to the top heaping and she whips out a food stamp sheet to pay for it. Next, she leaves talking on her iphone and loads her goods in a Cadillac SUV while smoking a cig.

Life is good under Obummer !!

And then she got on her Jet and flew to St Tropez, right, lad?

:lol:

How little income should a family of 4 have to receive food stamps?

Is it 1000 a month?

750 a month?

500 a month?

What is the number at which you assholes will quit bitching about people getting help with food.

Come on you food stamp hating rethugs. What is the maximum income that a family of 4 could have and still receive food stamps?

That's the problem you haters have. You can bitch and moan and complain but you can't figure out a solution. To ANYTHING. Just hate and more hate. Pitiful.

Easy reforms that can be implemented now:

1. Reduce the benefit amounts to reduce waste. A family of 6 can eat well on $600 per month where I live. The benefit for a family of 6 with no income is $952. That's too high, especially when most families on food stamps also get free lunches for the kids at school.

2. Reduce the eligibility to those truly in need. Consider the income of the household, not just that of the unmarried "single mom" living with her long term boyfriend who makes enough to provide for them. No professionals using food stamps as a way to subsidize graduate school. No alcoholics that live in Mom's trailer and nobody who rents out their house while living rent free with someone else.

3. Audit lifestyles. If you have $80 nails, a $200 weave, drive a new car, buy food with EBT and lottery tickets with cash, you don't need assistance. If you drive your father's BMW regularly, park it at your house most days and wear your boyfriend's Rolex, you don't need assistance.

4. Allow basic foods only using the UMC codes on every product. Salt is fine, Western Mediterranean sea salt is not. Round steak on sale is fine. Porterhouse and NY Strip are not. Milk is fine. Häagen-Dazs is not. No soda, no coffee, no tea, no energy drinks, no "natural flavor drinks made with juice." Those are not food, nor are they necessary. No frozen dinners, no prepared food.

5. Reduce or end aid if someone on SNAP is obese. Assistance is provided to keep someone from starving and if you're obese, you aren't starving.

6. Don't authorize a high priced food source that is within easy walking distance from a reasonably priced source. There is no need to pay $1.00 for a single banana at a gas station when you can buy them for 69¢ a pound across the street (which means that banana costs 30¢). You're on public assistance, you should not pay for convenience. That $4 bagel with cream cheese costs 53¢ if you buy a package of 6 bagels and a tub of cream cheese at the grocery store. However, convenience stores should be authorized if there are no other lower cost options nearby.

7. Screen for bulk items. It's okay to buy 500 hot dogs. It's not okay to buy 500 hot dogs every week during baseball season.

8. Anybody caught defrauding the program is cut off. First for a month, second for a year, and third a lifetime ban.

9. Check IDs with EBT cards. They can't be sold if nobody else can use them.

10. Increase rollover balances to 3 months. If you don't need it, there's no reason to have it. However if you buy in bulk and/or sale items you don't need now but will that should be accommodated.

It just astounds me how dumb and willfully ignorant you are. I've met some whoppers on this forum, but you are just unbelievable.

1. No, a family of 6 cannot eat well with 952.00 a month. Why? Because that 952 has to cover all of their expenses, not just food, jackass. Maybe you can squeak by if you bought the dollar menu from McDonald's everyday, but that's not an ideal diet for a child now is it?

2. The income of the entire household is considered. For Christ's sakes, I've been saying that over and over. It says it in my sources. Do you just choose not to read what I put? It doesn't matter who is living in the house or how they are all related to each other. It is the gross income of the household. Period.

3. Audit lifestyles? Are you kidding me? Are you not a conservative who believes in the value of keeping one's privacy from the government? Talk about double standard. Once again it doesn't fucking matter what these people buy every month if they get the same amount every month. If these people want to buy stupid things with their money, that is their problem. It is their own stupidity. It's not like they can buy a bunch of expensive crap anyway.

4. Same point as 3. And No frozen dinners? Are you kidding me? Those are the one reliably cheap product there is. True, it could be more nutritious, but it is a reliable source for protein at least and its still worlds better than fast food.

5. People are obese for more reasons than self control. What if they have a thyroid issue or an unusually slow metabolism. Another contributing factor is that they are not being smart about what they are buying. If anything, educate them on a proper diet.

6. Once again, people learn quickly. If they are getting nothing but peanuts, they realize early on they need to be economical.

8. There already are proper consequences when fraud is discovered and once again, it is rare.

9. That is the only intelligent thing you have said thus far. Chances are, markets do it anyway.

EDIT: it also needs to be said that one of the food restrictions is hot food, so they couldn't buy something like fast food.

Some gems that show you are not the one to be accusing others of being ignorant:

No, a family of 6 cannot eat well with 952.00 a month. Why? Because that 952 has to cover all of their expenses, not just food, jackass.

And No frozen dinners? Are you kidding me? Those are the one reliably cheap product there is.

it also needs to be said that one of the food restrictions is hot food, so they couldn't buy something like fast food.

You don't want reforms, you don't think they are needed. Fraud doesn't bother you. This is the mindset of most in the bureaucracy which is why it's so wasteful and why it needs to be scrapped and replaced.

The reform it needs is changing the standards on eligible income. People are starving. Something needs to be done about it.

Fraud is inevitable. Fortunately, it is rare. That is what's important.

The reform it needs is changing the standards on eligible income. People are starving. Something needs to be done about it.

How many are starving?

:bsflag:

First of all bed wetter, my post was the truth and you know it. That's why you were compelled out of incredible butthurt to post this drivel.

My contempt for "poor" people was explained as not being about people who truly can't work, it was about the sloths who can but refuse too. There's little question in my mind that they outnumber the truly needy. They're by no means starving either, many of them are morbidly obese. The resources they're consuming stretch what is available so that the truly needy cannot have a higher standard of living.

However my greatest contempt was reserved for imbeciles like you and the criminally insane authoritarian sociopaths you elect into offices. You assholes STEAL BILLIONS of dollars at gunpoint from hard working productive people. That alone is worthy of derision of course but what's truly loathsome about it is what you steal from "poor" people.

You've stolen their motivation. You've stolen the pride they would have from a productive lifestyle. They've stolen the independence and recreation they could afford if not committed to the idea they were entitled to shit they didn't earn. You've stolen their FREEDOM, which is something of immeasurable value.

I realize bed wetters like you have no concern for other people's freedom, so this doesn't bother whatever conscience you have if any at all. You're consumed with hatred and envy for the rich people you're programmed to rail against, that's what motivates your entire political foundation, and dominates your very soul.

Conservatives want to free these people out of compassion for what we know they're missing from life.

:asshole:

How many are starving?

1 in 6 people are without adequate food. Republicans won't tell you that, but its true.

Conservatives and Christians fund, man and provide the space for most of the food shares in this country. They also house and feed untold numbers of people based just on a request.

Leftards, on the other hand, want to be absolved of all personal involvement with the poor...thus their committment to abortion (it's hard to see poor babies...let's just kill them) and goverment funded assistance. Instead of contributing personally, they want everyone else to be forced to contribute, thereby saving them a little time & $$..and hiding the fact that they just aren't interested in helping, personallly.

"without adequate food" =/= starvation. It means they may skip a meal here and there.

Get a grip. Categorical eligibility is 185 percent of the federal poverty level...

:bsflag:

First of all bed wetter, my post was the truth and you know it. That's why you were compelled out of incredible butthurt to post this drivel.

My contempt for "poor" people was explained as not being about people who truly can't work, it was about the sloths who can but refuse too. There's little question in my mind that they outnumber the truly needy. They're by no means starving either, many of them are morbidly obese. The resources they're consuming stretch what is available so that the truly needy cannot have a higher standard of living.

However my greatest contempt was reserved for imbeciles like you and the criminally insane authoritarian sociopaths you elect into offices. You assholes STEAL BILLIONS of dollars at gunpoint from hard working productive people. That alone is worthy of derision of course but what's truly loathsome about it is what you steal from "poor" people.

You've stolen their motivation. You've stolen the pride they would have from a productive lifestyle. They've stolen the independence and recreation they could afford if not committed to the idea they were entitled to shit they didn't earn. You've stolen their FREEDOM, which is something of immeasurable value.

I realize bed wetters like you have no concern for other people's freedom, so this doesn't bother whatever conscience you have if any at all. You're consumed with hatred and envy for the rich people you're programmed to rail against, that's what motivates your entire political foundation, and dominates your very soul.

Conservatives want to free these people out of compassion for what we know they're missing from life.

:asshole:

What a mindless post this is. You have absolutely no understanding of the welfare system.

What is with you cons in assuming all liberals hate the rich? You just don't pay attention. I have nothing against the rich. I never said I did. You are so ass backwards. Why can't you kooks tell the difference between liberalism and socialism? They are fundamentally different. Liberals do not want to change our economic system. We do not want to eliminate rich people. We simply want to limit the reach of both the rich and the poor. As important as wealthy people are, they need limitations.

Forum List

Back