The FACTS on Food Stamps

A full time job.

And then keep it.

You should pull up some statistics on how many foodstamp recipients have walked away from productive employment. I talked to a lady today who was bringing in about 300 a week, working part time. She lived with her daughter and her sister, in a home they own together. She quit her job because she didn't like dealing with people.

Oh well, now she's eligible for tanf.

A full time job.

And then keep it.

You should pull up some statistics on how many foodstamp recipients have walked away from productive employment. I talked to a lady today who was bringing in about 300 a week, working part time. She lived with her daughter and her sister, in a home they own together. She quit her job because she didn't like dealing with people.

Then she is a stupid woman who should have stuck with it, because is seriously the most pathetic excuse I have heard so far for leaving.

A full time job.

And then keep it.

Then she is a stupid woman who should have stuck with it, because is seriously the most pathetic excuse I have heard so far for leaving.

I have devoted years of my life to listening to stories like that every single day.

That's the reality of welfare.

A full time job.

And then keep it.

I have devoted years of my life to listening to stories like that every single day.

For some, but not for all. Be fair, Allie, you know that most people on welfare want to get off it, and are not lazy shmucks like the woman you described.

oh they would all love to get off welfare.

They just aren't willing to actually do anything to move themselves. They expect somebody else to wave a wand and make them independently wealthy....without ever having to lift a finger themselves.

For some, but not for all. Be fair, Allie, you know that most people on welfare want to get off it, and are not lazy shmucks like the woman you described.

from what i see, no most don't want to get off of welfare. They want more welfare.

That isn't to say there aren't people who use the system only when they are in a tight spot, and who work hard to get out...but that's not the majority. The majority of them have myriad issues that are all firmly seated in their belief that the world owes them and their children something.

I am particularly fond of "but how am I supposed to live on that????" Well..uh...you aren't expected to "live" on welfare. You're expected to get a job...and just use welfare to keep from starving or dying on the street between now and then.

But they don't get it. They think it is the state's responsibility to provide for them better than they are willing to provide for themselves.

The other great lament..."I know it looks like I make a lot of money...but I have all these BILLS...my car payment, and my credit cards...child support! How am I supposed to eat with no foodstamps?" Like the state needs to feed him so he can drive a nice Dodge pickup, and make nice with his 6 kids in 3 different households.

from what i see, no most don't want to get off of welfare. They want more welfare.

That's why Obama was elected and he has run the debt through the roof and killed our economy

-Geaux

Myth: ”People on welfare are lazy and sit at home collecting it while the rest of us work to support them.”

Fact: The welfare reform law that was signed by President Clinton in 1996 largely turned control over welfare benefits to the states, but the federal government provides some of the funding for state welfare programs through a program called Temporary Assistance For Needy Families (TANF). TANF grants to states require that all welfare recipients must find work within two years of first receiving benefits. This includes single parents, who are required to work at least 30 hours per week. Two parent families are required to work 35 to 50 hours per week. Failure to obtain work could result in loss of benefits. It is also worth noting that thanks to the pay offerings of companies such as Walmart, many who work at low wage jobs qualify for public assistance, even though they work full time.

That's why Obama was elected and he has run the debt through the roof and killed our economy

-Geaux

It'll get worse--enjoy what ya got. Even if they're yellow and fuzzy.

vre_buy1.jpg

vre_buy3.jpg

$20 Food Showdown: Fast Food vs. Healthy Food | SparkPeople

Try that again with only junk food bought from the supermarket. Of course fast food is more expensive - but junk food bought in the same supermarket as the healthy food is a lot cheaper.

Not even close.

Is Junk Food Cheaper than Healthy Eating?

Forum List

Back