The FACTS on Food Stamps

The majority of people on food stamps work. Many are even in the military.
Next bullshit argument?

proof link much?

Only one in six SNAP households in 2010 is a nonworking family without kids or an elderly or disabled family member. (See chart below, based on Table 3.3 of this report prepared for the USDA.)
In 2010, the majority of people receiving food stamps were the elderly and disabled, the second largest group receiving benefits were working families.
Note to Newt: Many Food Stamp Families are Working - Forbes

The agency reports that nearly $88 million worth of food stamps were used at commissaries nationwide in 2011, up from $31 million in 2008.
Food stamp use at military commissaries up sharply in four years - News - Stripes

So? I'm a working family and I don't get to eat as well as people on foodstamps. A "working" family means one person works...they might be working a couple of hours a month at Freddy's, or they might be "working" at picking up cans, or they might "work" for their mom and dad who let them live with them free of charge and don't really pay them.

As far as "disabled" goes, they are talking about people who claim they are "disabled" on their foodstamp application. Fully 75 percent of the applicants I saw marked "disabled" on their application...that is their excuse for not working. But those who had actually applied for disability were mostly denied, and many had never applied, period, because they know they aren't really disabled. It just lets them out of pretending to look for work.

You won't see me arguing that we should pay our military shit wages. Obama rapes them regularly and thoroughly.

End H1B visas in this country while over 5% unemployment. Reduce unemployment by returning us to 3months of unemployment insurance.

Do you even know who get's H1B visas? and how many a year H1Bs are issued?

or it is just another urban legend about immigration?

Do you think 80, 000 jobs per year ( and mostly jobs not able to filled by Americans) will make a difference in a 300 million nation?
H1B is mostly a road to legalization of the people ALREADY here.

USCIS - H-1B Fiscal Year (FY) 2014 Cap Season

The H1B cap is the number of H1B visas available during a Fiscal Year
The H1B visa cap is also more commonly termed as the "H1B visa quota"
H1B visas applied for in 2012 are for the FY 2013 H1B Cap system
Foreign nationals issued H1B FY 2013 visas can start work in the US during 2012

The H1B Cap-Subject Visa system is split down further into 2 groups:
- there is the Regular Cap, and
- there is also the ADE Cap

In 2012 there are 85,000 cap subject H1B visas available to be issued
- 65,000 cap subject visas are available for the Regular Cap
- 20,000 cap subject visas are available for the ADE Cap
The Regular H1B Cap is available to those living abroad that want to obtain their first H1B visa, and to those in the US that want to change their current visa status to H1B visa status

The ADE Cap (Advanced Degree Exemption) is available to those that graduate from a US universty/college with an Masters level or higher level degree
That's not the whole story. Multiply that by 10 and factor in the years where the number was higher. Those visas are not for "one" year. "The maximum duration of the H-1B visa is ten years for exceptional Defense Department project related work."

I believe the population of H1B visa employees is around 750k. The number here on school visa's working full and part time jobs is huge. The biggest issue here is that the population of 750k take our jobs back home to the new offices built by their employers in india and china. These are the Jobs that used to end up paying six figures for American engineers. Those people that we train are then used to train people in their countries to take more of our jobs. We've basically spent the last 15years teaching our replacements with this program. In total I would estimate we have lost close to 25million six figure jobs with this program over the last 15years.

For example. IBM alone moved 300k American jobs offshore in that time span. Factor that against the fortune 500.

Last edited:
End H1B visas in this country while over 5% unemployment. Reduce unemployment by returning us to 3months of unemployment insurance.

Do you think 80, 000 jobs per year ( and mostly jobs not able to filled by Americans) will make a difference in a 300 million nation?

The Regular H1B Cap is available to those living abroad that want to obtain their first H1B visa, and to those in the US that want to change their current visa status to H1B visa status

The ADE Cap (Advanced Degree Exemption) is available to those that graduate from a US universty/college with an Masters level or higher level degree
That's not the whole story. Multiply that by 10 and factor in the years where the number was higher. Those visas are not for "one" year. "The maximum duration of the H-1B visa is ten years for exceptional Defense Department project related work."

I believe the population of H1B visa employees is around 750k. The number here on school visa's working full and part time jobs is huge. The biggest issue here is that the population of 750k take our jobs back home to the new offices built by their employers in india and china. These are the Jobs that used to end up paying six figures for American engineers. Those people that we train are then used to train people in their countries to take more of our jobs. We've basically spent the last 15years teaching our replacements with this program. In total I would estimate we have lost close to 25million six figure jobs with this program over the last 15years.

For example. IBM alone moved 300k American jobs offshore in that time span. Factor that against the fortune 500.

the highest number ever were 400.000 which is hardly a high number and those were when evil Bush with his 5% unemployment were in office.
I believe the population of H1B visa employees is around 750k.

you can believe whatever you want to that is not the issue, however.

The biggest issue here is that the population of 750k take our jobs back home to the new offices built by their employers in india and china.

I am sorry, but you are quite delusional if you think anybody on H1B is ever going back home :lol: especially from India or China. The H1B visa is a straightforward road to permanent residency and then to the citizenship.

We've basically spent the last 15years teaching our replacements with this program. In total I would estimate we have lost close to 25million six figure jobs with this program over the last 15years.

again - it is delusional to think anybody on H1B ( this is a JOB visa, not a student one) is ever going home for the lesser pay and not converting the visa to American citizenship.

BTW a lot of doctors exactly from India and China have gone through H1B - either during residency or after, or before - while on postdoc very low paying jobs. Not only from there, but all over the world.
No one ever is going back.

proof link much?

In 2010, the majority of people receiving food stamps were the elderly and disabled, the second largest group receiving benefits were working families.

The agency reports that nearly $88 million worth of food stamps were used at commissaries nationwide in 2011, up from $31 million in 2008.
Food stamp use at military commissaries up sharply in four years - News - Stripes

So? I'm a working family and I don't get to eat as well as people on foodstamps. A "working" family means one person works...they might be working a couple of hours a month at Freddy's, or they might be "working" at picking up cans, or they might "work" for their mom and dad who let them live with them free of charge and don't really pay them.

As far as "disabled" goes, they are talking about people who claim they are "disabled" on their foodstamp application. Fully 75 percent of the applicants I saw marked "disabled" on their application...that is their excuse for not working. But those who had actually applied for disability were mostly denied, and many had never applied, period, because they know they aren't really disabled. It just lets them out of pretending to look for work.

So? I am a single mom and don't get food stamps.
That doesn't mean I try to lie about people who do.

the highest number ever were 400.000 which is hardly a high number and those were when evil Bush with his 5% unemployment were in office.

you can believe whatever you want to that is not the issue, however.

The biggest issue here is that the population of 750k take our jobs back home to the new offices built by their employers in india and china.

I am sorry, but you are quite delusional if you think anybody on H1B is ever going back home :lol: especially from India or China. The H1B visa is a straightforward road to permanent residency and then to the citizenship.

We've basically spent the last 15years teaching our replacements with this program. In total I would estimate we have lost close to 25million six figure jobs with this program over the last 15years.

again - it is delusional to think anybody on H1B ( this is a JOB visa, not a student one) is ever going home for the lesser pay and not converting the visa to American citizenship.

BTW a lot of doctors exactly from India and China have gone through H1B - either during residency or after, or before - while on postdoc very low paying jobs. Not only from there, but all over the world.
No one ever is going back.

Perhaps. I certainly know a LARGE number of people in both groups. Many go back, Many stay. Either way a great many skilled workers loose their jobs to these "scabs" so to speak that come here to replace skilled Americans for pennies on the dollar.

Perhaps. I certainly know a LARGE number of people in both groups. Many go back, Many stay. Either way a great many skilled workers loose their jobs to these "scabs" so to speak that come here to replace skilled Americans for pennies on the dollar.

I don't know even ONE American who have lost their job to those who get it and get sponsored for H1B.
it is one of urban legend stories that Americans get displaced by H1B holders.And they get THE SAME salary as Americans do - nobody pays them LESS - it is against the law ( another urban legend)

They do not. Before you can apply for an H1B you need to get a permit from a labor department certifying that there are no Americans willing to do the job - that process is the most convoluted one as it takes advertising in the local media for the job and waiting a certain period of time after that until the labor department issues it.

Do you know that almost no American medical graduates want to go to primary care medicine and internal medicine and those residencies are international medical graduates mostly?

Last edited:

I don't know even ONE American who have lost their job to those who get it and get sponsored for H1B.

it is one of urban legend stories that Americans get displaced by H1B holders.

They do not. Before you can apply for an H1B you need to get a permit from a labor department certifying that there are no Americans willing to do the job - that process is the most convoluted one as it takes advertising in the local media for the job and waiting a certain period of time after that until the labor department issues it.

Do you know that almost no American medical graduates want to go to primary care medicine and internal medicine and those residencies are international medical graduates mostly?

It appears you are talking about one industry, medical, and I am talking about another industry, tech.

Yes, I fully understand that Americans by and large are less than willing to go to school for 12 years to get a medical degree. I am also aware that many of the foreigners doing so are doing it on someone else's dime.

When I say I know people that lost their jobs to H1B employees, I'm not just making shit up. I've seen companies lay off tens of thousands of employees at a time in one state while hiring thousands of fresh outs in another state in the same year, while hiring thousands of H1B visas in a third state in the same year, while moving tens of thousands of jobs to india and china. It's a shell game designed to lower wage rates being paid to employees. No different than firing everyone over age 35 every year. They get away with it by firing everyone in a particular location but only hiring fresh outs and low paid workers in other states when they do hire.

So? I am a single mom and don't get food stamps.
That doesn't mean I try to lie about people who do.

No, you're just stupid and misinformed. When you lie, you lie about the people who speak the truth.

I'm telling the truth, and what's more, you know I'm telling the truth. you don't like it, so you'll pretend I'm a big liar..which of course, you know I'm not.

That's a sterling characteristic. Keep up the good work. You're a good mob cheerleader.

So why don't you share with me the *lie* I've told, and provide the evidence, Luissa?

You won't. It's way beyond your pay grade.

it is one of urban legend stories that Americans get displaced by H1B holders.And they get THE SAME salary as Americans do - nobody pays them LESS - it is against the law ( another urban legend)

A local german company a few years back was firing American workers and brought in workers from Germany to replace them. I know a lawsuit was filed but never knew what the out come was.

She made her point and it was well taken, try reading the whole thread.

Not by me. I don't have to read the whole thread to identify ignorance. The only 'point' you right wing scum ever make is that you are always willing to prove you are scum.

More liberal elitism bull shit, do you guys ever get over yourselves?

Hey pal, it doesn't get any lower that being envious of poor children, elderly people, and the disabled.

Maybe you right wing scum can change the law to bread and water only.

No hot foods, not in my state either. But lobster, crab, steaks, caviar, you can buy all you want.

And most won't, because they have to feed their family for the month.

Not sure, I found this receipt!!! har har! LMAO!!:lol:

n4cahc.jpg

Here you go moron...

Eligible Food Items

UjbQFc4.gif

snap-bar.gif

Eligible Food Items

Households CAN use SNAP benefits to buy:
Foods for the household to eat, such as:
-- breads and cereals;
-- fruits and vegetables;
-- meats, fish and poultry; and
-- dairy products.

Seeds and plants which produce food for the household to eat.

In some areas, restaurants can be authorized to accept SNAP benefits from qualified homeless, elderly, or disabled people in exchange for low-cost meals.

Households CANNOT use SNAP benefits to buy:
Beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes or tobacco;

Any nonfood items, such as:
-- pet foods;
-- soaps, paper products; and
-- household supplies.

Vitamins and medicines.

Food that will be eaten in the store.

Hot foods.

Additional Information

“Junk Food” & Luxury Items

The Food and Nutrition Act of 2008 (the Act) defines eligible food as any food or food product for home consumption and also includes seeds and plants which produce food for consumption by SNAP households. The Act precludes the following items from being purchased with SNAP benefits: alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, hot food and any food sold for on-premises consumption. Nonfood items such as pet foods, soaps, paper products, medicines and vitamins, household supplies, grooming items, and cosmetics, also are ineligible for purchase with SNAP benefits.

Soft drinks, candy, cookies, snack crackers, and ice cream are food items and are therefore eligible items

Seafood, steak, and bakery cakes are also food items and are therefore eligible items

Since the current definition of food is a specific part of the Act, any change to this definition would require action by a member of Congress. Several times in the history of SNAP, Congress had considered placing limits on the types of food that could be purchased with program benefits. However, they concluded that designating foods as luxury or non-nutritious would be administratively costly and burdensome. Further detailed information about the challenges of restricting the use of SNAP benefits can be found here:

Energy Drinks

When considering the eligibility of energy drinks, and other branded products, the primary determinant is the type of product label chosen by the manufacturer to conform to Food and Drug Administration (FDA) guidelines:

Energy drinks that have a nutrition facts label are eligible foods

Energy drinks that have a supplement facts label are classified by the FDA as supplements, and are therefore not eligible

Live Animals
Live animals may not be purchased with SNAP benefits.

Pumpkins, Holiday Gift Baskets, and Special Occasion Cakes
Pumpkins are edible and eligible for purchase with SNAP benefits. However, inedible gourds and pumpkins that are used solely for ornamental purposes are not eligible items.

Gift baskets that contain both food and non-food items, are not eligible for purchase with SNAP benefits if the value of the non-food items exceeds 50 percent of the purchase price.
To read our most recent notice about Gift Baskets, click here.

Items such as birthday and other special occasion cakes are eligible for purchase with SNAP benefits as long as the value of non-edible decorations does not exceed 50 percent of the purchase price of the cake.

Last modified: 07/25/2013

Not by me. I don't have to read the whole thread to identify ignorance. The only 'point' you right wing scum ever make is that you are always willing to prove you are scum.

Hey pal, it doesn't get any lower that being envious of poor children, elderly people, and the disabled.

Who said bread and water only? The only asshole that has said that is you, dumb shit. You guys will lie your asses off to make yourselves look good. Truth is, you don't give a fuck about anyone, other than your selfish, elitist ass.

[

We could tax everyone that makes 250K 100% and that would not run the government that now borrows 45 cents of every dollar it spends for 6 months.
Do the math and get back to us. You tax too high these days, they leave and go to another country.
Why did not they do that in the 1960s? Because the economy WAS NOT a world economy then like it is now. I can fly out of Atlanta right now at 7 am and be in Guanacaste Liberia airport in Costa Rica with my money deposited in their bank tax free and my ass at the bar with a cold Imperial bottle of suds and a plate of cornida tipica by noon.
Different world now Joe. Please join us in it as you are stuck on stupid over half a century ago.

First, there isn't a country they'd WANT to go to that they would get a more obscenely generous tax rate. Oh, they could move to a place like Russia or Costa Rica, but there they'd be kidnapped for their wealth and shoved into a shallow grave.

And just try to transfer a shitload of wealth electronically and see how fast the IRS is looking at you.

[

Effective tax rates were lower and government spending on "entitlements" was lower as a % of GDP in the 60s you idiot. You want to go back to the 60s taxing and spending by Govco? I'm all for it.

In the 1960's, we had a space program, an interestate highway program, a Vietnam War, and a Great Society.

But what we also had was something called "A middle Class". Also known as "People who did the actual work being fairly compensated for it." Which meant the only people getting entitlements were those who needed them.

As an aside, when the 1960's started, the top Marginal Rate was 93%. JFK Lowered that to 70%, and REPUBLICANS said he was irresponsible for doing so.

[

True, but it takes months of investigative man hours. Investigators aren't cheap, they have to be credible and do thorough paperwork. We're talking about how many millions of people now in the system? I don't want gov't to arbitrarily cut off people for the sake of saving money of course, but there has to be a way to wean people off the tit for Christ's sake.

Sure there is.

It's called jobs.

You tax the rich at an exhorbitant rate- also known as "their fair share" - like we did in the 1960's, you spend a lot of money on public works. That keeps people employed, improves infrastructure, and forces private employers to offer better wages and benefits to keep up.

You see, we don't have a "food stamp problem", we have a "People refusing to let their children starve so that Mitt has a place to ride his Dressage Horsie problem".

More taxes don't trickle down any longer, it's absorbed by a huge overinflated government.
Case in point....look where the money went in the last 2 stimulus bills that were to create shovel ready jobs.

Okay, let's look at that.

We spent 787 Billion over a THREE YEAR PERIOD. So in a 16 TRILLION dollar economy, we spent 262 BILLION a year.

And not all of that was spending. A lot of it were tax breaks and payments directly to states to make up shortfalls in revenues do to the fact that the 16 Trillion dollar economy CONTRACTED by 8%. (Or about 1 Trilion).

So really, the Stimulus was pretty much like putting fairy wings on a cement truck and wondering why it didn't get airborne.

Who said bread and water only? The only asshole that has said that is you, dumb shit. You guys will lie your asses off to make yourselves look good. Truth is, you don't give a fuck about anyone, other than your selfish, elitist ass.

You right wing scum are the ones who believe the only method that should be used is punishment. Liberals care about people, conservatives care about property.

Lol..charity isn't punishment. No matter what form it takes.

Charity in the form of necessities is still charity, and they don't have to take it, after all.

Forum List

Back