The FACTS on Food Stamps

End H1B visas in this country while over 5% unemployment. Reduce unemployment by returning us to 3months of unemployment insurance.

Do you even know who get's H1B visas? and how many a year H1Bs are issued?

or it is just another urban legend about immigration?

Do you think 80, 000 jobs per year ( and mostly jobs not able to filled by Americans) will make a difference in a 300 million nation?
H1B is mostly a road to legalization of the people ALREADY here.

USCIS - H-1B Fiscal Year (FY) 2014 Cap Season

The H1B cap is the number of H1B visas available during a Fiscal Year
The H1B visa cap is also more commonly termed as the "H1B visa quota"
H1B visas applied for in 2012 are for the FY 2013 H1B Cap system
Foreign nationals issued H1B FY 2013 visas can start work in the US during 2012

The H1B Cap-Subject Visa system is split down further into 2 groups:
- there is the Regular Cap, and
- there is also the ADE Cap

In 2012 there are 85,000 cap subject H1B visas available to be issued
- 65,000 cap subject visas are available for the Regular Cap
- 20,000 cap subject visas are available for the ADE Cap
The Regular H1B Cap is available to those living abroad that want to obtain their first H1B visa, and to those in the US that want to change their current visa status to H1B visa status

The ADE Cap (Advanced Degree Exemption) is available to those that graduate from a US universty/college with an Masters level or higher level degree

You've been watching too many Perry Mason reruns. :lol:

and you cant answer a simple question about snap

gotcha.

IF it is simple question about SNAP, then what is your trolling here on the thread about? Burning up band-width for any particular reason?

Because as a buzz word they think "lobster" and "caviar" carry prestige to generate faux outrage. So...they of course will beat that drum all day long.

It's in the script. Can't go off script. :)

the vast majority do not even need them. the enrollment is a way to make more Americans dependent on the government and therefore securing their votes.

The really hungry ones are never overweight or obese. EVER.

You have proof of that? Or are you just spreading lies?

I think it's hilarious that these days obesity is being touted as a symptom of hunger.

LOLOL!! Seriously, that site that I used to smack billy over the head...that's what it says on there...

I have yet to see any obese starving people in the Sudan. You? Obviously, Americans AREN'T starving..they are getting fatter...and the ones who get the MOST fat are the ones on FOODSTAMPS...because they spend more $$ on food that other people.

well, it is a way to switch the issue for the left and then to simply lie.

the base for this claim is that obese people usually require much higher amount of caloric intake in order not to feel hungry.

But you do not get to the whale size overnight, though, and being hungry at 300lbs will not make you faint, but will burn your fat.
It is unpleasant, but it is not detrimental as it is for a normal weight person.

I saw a yelling match over deli chicken in the Safeway I shop in.....not on EBT, no way, no how.

Yup they won't let you buy anything hot.

No hot foods, not in my state either. But lobster, crab, steaks, caviar, you can buy all you want.

BUY hot food? :eek:

How about COOKING hot food. How much effort does it take to roast a chicken or make chicken soup?

I guess it is as impossible as to hand wash the cloth diapers.

people on government support are the new aristocrats :lol:

If were to force people to "work" for a living then these folks would have a helluva lot more than just enough to get by.

The majority of people on food stamps work. Many are even in the military.
Next bullshit argument?

proof link much?

Only one in six SNAP households in 2010 is a nonworking family without kids or an elderly or disabled family member. (See chart below, based on Table 3.3 of this report prepared for the USDA.)

In 2010, the majority of people receiving food stamps were the elderly and disabled, the second largest group receiving benefits were working families.
Note to Newt: Many Food Stamp Families are Working - Forbes

The agency reports that nearly $88 million worth of food stamps were used at commissaries nationwide in 2011, up from $31 million in 2008.
Food stamp use at military commissaries up sharply in four years - News - Stripes

No hot foods, not in my state either. But lobster, crab, steaks, caviar, you can buy all you want.

How about COOKING hot food. How much effort does it take to roast a chicken or make chicken soup?

That was the point, idiot. You CANNOT buy hot food.

And you only get diapers from the state if your child is in daycare.

The majority of people on food stamps work. Many are even in the military.
Next bullshit argument?

proof link much?

Only one in six SNAP households in 2010 is a nonworking family without kids or an elderly or disabled family member. (See chart below, based on Table 3.3 of this report prepared for the USDA.)

In 2010, the majority of people receiving food stamps were the elderly and disabled, the second largest group receiving benefits were working families.

The agency reports that nearly $88 million worth of food stamps were used at commissaries nationwide in 2011, up from $31 million in 2008.
Food stamp use at military commissaries up sharply in four years - News - Stripes

AND? it simply proves that in the last 4 years obama administration enrolled more people to be hooked on the government assistance not that they NEED that assistance.
The reason why is it being done is pretty obvious - the government dependent vote for the government dependency.

What a concept, cooking your own food.

I prefer cooking and trying new recipes and eating healthy. Processing is killing our foods.

And most won't, because they have to feed their family for the month.

Not sure, I found this receipt!!! har har! LMAO!!:lol:

n4cahc.jpg

you dumbass, you don't know how to comprehend the text?

It is the whole point - you can cook your own food and should, not buy it prepared, as prepared hot food is more expensive.

the diapers issue is connected to this:
Diaper crisis among poor families endangers children, study finds - latimes.com

you dumbass, you don't know how to comprehend the text?

It is the whole point - you can cook your own food and should, not buy it prepared, as prepared hot food is more expensive.

the diapers issue is connected to this:

You are an idiot.

I prefer cooking and trying new recipes and eating healthy. Processing is killing our foods.

If the program actually rationed a certain amount of meat, produce, flour, eggs and milk ETC., in other words raw foods that had to be prepared not only would "poor" people eat healthier, they'd find a way to fund their desires for the comfort foods they stuff their faces with now.

proof link much?

AND? it simply proves that in the last 4 years obama administration enrolled more people to be hooked on the government assistance not that they NEED that assistance.
The reason why is it being done is pretty obvious - the government dependent vote for the government dependency.

You wanted a link to back up my post, moron.
God, you are a useless poster.

For some, apparently, it is a concept beyond comrehension.

I mentioned previously, that cooking your own food is CHEAPER and the way to save money ( in response to JoeBlam when he ranted that poor people need to buy junk food because it is cheap) and supposedly the poor on SNAP support can't make ends meet.

On a diaper issue - there was a long multi-page discussion about this article ( on the different forum)

and how a taxpayer should provide disposable diapers for the poor, because they are not able to hand wash the cloth diapers.

Therefore my remark - the government dependency is creating a new aristocrat caste - the poor - they can not cook, they won't hand wash, they NEED to be assisted.

You wanted a link to back up my post, moron.
God, you are a useless poster.

you idiot, your link proves NOTHING.

If the program actually rationed a certain amount of meat, produce, flour, eggs and milk ETC., in other words raw foods that had to be prepared not only would "poor" people eat healthier, they'd find a way to fund their desires for the comfort foods they stuff their faces with now.

maybe they would even not get fat....

the GOP, a party run by the wealthy.
There are more "rich" people in the democrat party than are in the republican party.

Also, those who are not much above the poverty line like to hate those who are poor, resent and hate them deeply and assume they are all lazy, good for nothings just living off the government.
You are either projecting your hate, or you are incapable of understanding simple concepts, such as the concept of a parent giving his child tough love rather than spoiling the child by giving him what he is crying for in the store. Our system of redistribution does not help the poor, it cripples them.

You don't realize that is what the GOP tells you. It is their rant; it isn't reality. Most of those getting food stamps are the elderly, the disabled and children.
I happen to know a lot of "disabled" people. They would be perfectly capable citizens if this vile government were not "paying" them to sit on their disabled butts.

You may think the children's parents are lazy good for nothings, but you cannot resent the children--they can't do anything about being poor unless you want to have child labor in this country.
I give my kids chores. Pick a finger and pull :)

Cooking food? what do you mean?:eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back