The Fake Story About the IRS Commissioner and the White House

Rightwinger already posted this story (edit to add -->>) doofus! :)
I looked around first, Den Mother!

Not hard enough, doofus! And you forgot :evil::evil::evil: Den Mother, which proves your were a good boy scout!

Hey, did you realize doofus can be rearranged to foodus?
So where are you taking me for dinner?

Smart@ss answers will be negged.

:evil::evil::evil:

It doesn't matter how many times he was there, what matters is WHY he was there, and he was there to discuss what the IRS was doing to stop conservative groups from raising money for Romney. Anyone with half a brain can figure that one out.

Rightwinger already posted this story (edit to add -->>) doofus! :)
I looked around first, Den Mother!

Not hard enough, doofus! And you forgot :evil::evil::evil: Den Mother, which proves your were a good boy scout!

Hey, did you realize doofus can be rearranged to foodus?
So where are you taking me for dinner?

Smart@ss answers will be negged.

:evil::evil::evil:

The Fat Duck Restaurant, Heston Blumenthal

The Fat Duck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Fat Duck | Restaurant Reviews | Toby Young | www.nosacredcows.co.uk

The Fat Duck

From a restaurant critic's point of view, the Fat Duck is a nice, juicy target. For one thing, it has three Michelin stars, making it ripe for a takedown. For another, it's woefully expensive--a single espresso costs £3.95. But, above all, its owner, Heston Blumenthal, is wildly pretentious, claiming to specialize in "molecular gastronomy" and concocting things like snail porridge and bacon-and-egg ice cream in his "laboratory" after consultation with historians, flavourists and experimental psychologists.

*snip*

The Fat Duck certainly doesn't look like "the best restaurant in the world", an accolade it was awarded last year by an international panel of 600 chefs, food critics and restaurateurs. At first, I thought our taxi driver must have come to the wrong place. He pulled up outside a very modest-looking cottage on a main road somewhere in Berkshire. From where I was sitting, it looked like a tearoom.

*snip*

Sean and I opted for the tasting menu and it wasn't until the palate cleanser arrived that we got an inkling of what all the fuss was about. Our waiter appeared with the bottom half of an ice cream maker, a large aerosol can and a canister of liquid nitrogen. He then poured some of the nitrogen into the ice cream maker, sprayed a dollop of what looked like green hair mouse into a spoon and dropped it into the smoke-filled cauldron. Seconds later, he fished out something resembling a meringue and told me to pop it into my mouth. As soon as I inserted it, the shell shattered, releasing an ice-cold liquid that tasted first of lime and then, after I'd swallowed it, green tea. It was an extraordinary sensation, as though someone had sandblasted the inside of my mouth with Alpine air. Needless to say, the moment the experience was over I wanted another one--and the waiter was happy to oblige.

This was the curtain raiser in what proved to be a highly theatrical, 14-course feast, unlike any meal I've ever eaten. After tasting something so strange--and yet so exquisite--all our nervousness about the 13 remaining dishes evaporated and we willingly placed ourselves in Mr Blumenthal's hands. Not everything that was put in front of us was as sensational as the opening gambit, but the highlights--mustard ice cream accompanied by a red cabbage gazpacho, two postage-stamp sized squares of orange and beetroot jelly, the bacon-and-egg ice cream--were among the best things I've ever tasted. Blumenthal has achieved a mastery over smell and flavour that borders on the supernatural, with the different qualities of a particular dish revealing themselves sequentially, rather than simultaneously. Sean and I consumed our oysters in a single mouthful and then sat back and waited for the accompanying sauces and wotnot--passion fruit jelly, horseradish cream, lavender--to kick in. The effect was almost psychoactive, as if we'd taken a small pill and then, after a suitable interval, been whisked to the moon.

Such extraordinary experiences don't come cheap--the total cost of our meal, including wine, was £339.75--but the fact that the Fat Duck still loses money at these prices proves that no expense has been spared when it comes to research and development. Heston Blumenthal is like a cross between Professor Brainstorm and Willy Wonka and, contrary to all appearances, this ordinary-looking room in the heart of the home counties is his psychedelic chocolate factory. Don't be put off by the weirdness of the menu--the Fat Duck really is the best restaurant in the world.

Did you see the "star trek" movie the IRS made at taxpayer expense? Even radical left wing democrats are shaking their heads at that one. The hilarious thing is that lefties are still defending the Hussein administration after Barry "apologized" for IRS abuses.

Did you see the "star trek" movie the IRS made at taxpayer expense? Even radical left wing democrats are shaking their heads at that one. The hilarious thing is that lefties are still defending the Hussein administration after Barry "apologized" for IRS abuses.

Interesting read from the lefty Slate.

Darrell Issa and Republican Party?s IRS investigations: The GOP has broad support to investigate the scandal. - Slate Magazine

"Ever since the Obama administration ran aground on a series of scandals, Republicans have been trying hard to go from zero to Watergate. No matter how hard they stomp on the accelerator, the car won't go. On the left, there is a similar desire to go from zero to McCarthy. The main target: Rep. Darrell Issa, chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, who has been investigating the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, and the Internal Revenue Service targeting conservative groups. On Sunday, Issa called White House spokesman Jay Carney a "paid liar," in keeping with the Republican congressman’s general temperament, which is to accuse first and find the facts later. Democrats are trying to promote the idea that Republicans are overplaying their hand with these controversies. Several times, analysts have raised the specter of the 1990s House Republicans who took their party over the cliff with mad passion in the investigations of Bill Clinton.

Republicans have not overplayed their hand. Unlike the late 1990s, they have the country with them in their pursuit of answers. Americans want to get to the bottom of the IRS mess, the issue that has prompted some of Issa's extravagancies. New revelations, like this week's disclosures about IRS profligacy, are offering fresh reasons for outrage, and the disciplining of two IRS officials for receiving gifts against ethics rules ratifies the investigations. New polls show that the country thinks the president is less trustworthy, so the chances the public will rush to his defense against the meanies going after him is shrinking........."

Lovebear the Liar says the OP is untrue.

OK, wingnut - prove it's false.

Lovebear already debunked you. The Atlantic is a left leaning news source, and on top of that, the article you posted was spun a thousand ways from the middle of next week!

I think you're saying The Atlantic is left leaning because it doesn't exclusively publish far rightwing talking points. I've read The Atlantic for well over 15 years and there are plenty of articles that have not been nice to the left over those 15 years.

By this logic, Eric Holder has only been to the White House twice; Hillary Clinton never; John Kerry twice; Kathleen Sebelius once.

Forum List

Back