The Fallacy of Race

I think that it is interesting that the peoples who have the most significant cultural obsessions with "racial purity" tend to have the highest percentage of DNA from Homo Sapiens Neanderthalensis. My guess is that the aesthetic preoccupation with fine features, slim torso, and long limbs (and these being conflated with notions of racial purity in such cultures) can be traced back to prehistoric cultural shame felt due to the tundra fever that went on.

Everyone who is not a Negro has some Neanderthal genes, but the number is very small, and limited to the few genes that had survival value outside of Africa. In the long term inter racial mixing is beneficial, because the good genes last and the bad genes are bred out of the hybrid that is created.

The assertion that race is only a social construct is known as a "circular argument." In a circular argument one assumes what one needs to prove.

The different races differ significantly in appearance. They also differ in average intelligence, and rates of crime and illegitimacy. These non cosmetic differences appear throughout the world, and always have. There is no evidence that they decline when social and economic environments become more equal.

Even before DNA evidence became usable a person's race could be determined by the person's skeleton.

Even within a larger racial group, sub races have distinctions. Ashkenazi Jews have average IQs that are as higher as those of white Gentiles of European ancestry as the average IQ's of American Negroes are lower.

For one thousand years Ashkenazi Jews evolved in and near what is now Germany. That is why Yiddish is a combination of Hebrew and German, rather than Hebrew and another European language. Nevertheless, they can be distinguished from European Gentiles by the large number of DNA markers that point to Israel three thousand years ago.

Last edited:
The assertion that race is only a social construct is known as a "circular argument." In a circular argument one assumes what one needs to prove.

The different races differ significantly in appearance. They also differ in average intelligence, and rates of crime and illegitimacy. These non cosmetic differences appear throughout the world, and always have. There is no evidence that they decline when social and economic environments become more equal.

Even before DNA evidence became usable a person's race could be determined by the person's skeleton.

Even within a larger racial group, sub races have distinctions. Ashkenazi Jews have average IQs that are as higher as those of white Gentiles of European ancestry as the average IQ's of American Negroes are lower.

For one thousand years Ashkenazi Jews evolved in and near what is now Germany. That is why Yiddish is a combination of Hebrew and German, rather than Hebrew and another European language. Nevertheless, they can be distinguished from European Gentiles by the large number of DNA markers that point to Israel three thousand years ago.

There is no evidence that they decline when social and economic environments become more equal.

You are wrong about that. Environments have a lot to do with it. Do you elieve me? Want proof?

There is no evidence that they decline when social and economic environments become more equal.

You are wrong about that. Environments have a lot to do with it. Do you elieve me? Want proof?

http://www.columbia.edu/~rs328/Homicide.pdf

Scroll down to Table 2: Homicide Offending by Race.

Between 1976 to 2005 the black murder rate has fluctuated from 6.3 to 9.5 times the white rate.

Between 1976 to 2005 the black murder rate has fluctuated from 6.3 to 9.5 times the white rate.

Yes because of socio/ economic environments.

There is always more crimes in poorer neighborhoods.

Black poverty persists despite of vast amounts of white tax money spent to help blacks because blacks tend to be quite a bit less intelligent than whites. Nevertheless, neighborhoods full of poor East Asian immigrants are safe to be in after dark. Black neighborhoods are dangerous even during the day. This is because qualities that kept blacks alive in the African jungle cause them to commit violent felonies in civilized countries.

Last edited:

Black poverty persists because of vast amounts of white tax money spent to help blacks because blacks tend to be quite a bit less intelligent than whites. Nevertheless, neighborhoods full of poor East Asian immigrants are safe to be in after dark. Black neighborhoods are dangerous even during the day. This is because qualities that kept one alive in the African jungle cause one to commit violent felonies in civilized countries.

I've lived in a lack neighborhood for ten years without a black/white incident.

Did you even bother to read the book I quoted in the op? I doubt it. You probably don't read many books that are written by intelligent people.

Black poverty persists because of vast amounts of white tax money spent to help blacks because blacks tend to be quite a bit less intelligent than whites. Nevertheless, neighborhoods full of poor East Asian immigrants are safe to be in after dark. Black neighborhoods are dangerous even during the day. This is because qualities that kept one alive in the African jungle cause one to commit violent felonies in civilized countries.

Did you even bother to read the book I quoted in the op? I doubt it. You probably don't read many books that are written by intelligent people.

It usually requires a modicum of intelligence to understand a book that is written by an intelligent person.

I do have to say though, his/her "jungle survival" theory was among the more creatively outlandish nut case theories that I have ever heard. :cuckoo:

Never a dull moment in this forum.

You've been lucky. I used to think that way too until several black criminals nearly murdered me. I glanced through that book. If you read it and understood it, tell me what it says in your own words.

You've been lucky. I used to think that way too until several black criminals nearly murdered me. I glanced through that book. If you read it and understood it, tell me what it says in your own words.

Ah, so you're a weakling and a pussy and such a brainless idiot that you imagine your personal experience to define the entire world. Maybe all the energy you've expended here could have gone towards making yourself less of an obvious mark for anyone of any 'race' to make a victim of.

In other words, shut your stupid mouth and work on your flabby spine, loser.

If you are too lazy to read it, I am not going to do it for you.

I think that it is interesting that the peoples who have the most significant cultural obsessions with "racial purity" tend to have the highest percentage of DNA from Homo Sapiens Neanderthalensis. My guess is that the aesthetic preoccupation with fine features, slim torso, and long limbs (and these being conflated with notions of racial purity in such cultures) can be traced back to prehistoric cultural shame felt due to the tundra fever that went on.

Everyone who is not a Negro has some Neanderthal genes, but the number is very small, and limited to the few genes that had survival value outside of Africa. In the long term inter racial mixing is beneficial, because the good genes last and the bad genes are bred out of the hybrid that is created.

I'm not saying that Neanderthal DNA has itself significantly affected us. I'm saying that it might well have affected our historical notion of race and racial purity--one which the Neanderthal genome has now completely debunked.

the term 'race' is overworked. we need various words to describe genetic groups, phenotypical groups (physical appearance), self affiliation groups (variation of ethnicity), but definitely we need a new word for the catch-all term 'race' as it pertains to politics.

scientifically there are measurably different clusters of people genetically. there are different groups that have similarities of physical features and biological/behavioural functioning.

in politics we are more interested in the equality of human rights in the individual than observing differences in groups. I believe that affirmative action should continue but be tied to predetermined benchmarks, and make it manditory for the individual to apply for it.

DR. ASHLEY MONTAGU'S book possesses two great merits
arely found in current discussions ot human problems.
Where most writers over-simplify, he insists on the
principle of multiple and interlocking causation. And where
most assume that "facts will speak for themselves," he makes
it clear that facts are mere ventriloquists' dummies, and can
be made to justify any course of action that appeals to the
socially conditioned passions of the individuals concerned.

"IN OUR TIME the problem of race has assumed an alarmingly
exaggerated importance. Alarming, because racial dogmas
have been made the basis for an inhumanly brutal poli-
tical philosophy which has already resulted in the death or
social disiranchisement of millions of innocent individuals;
exaggerated, because when the nature of contemporary "race"
theory is scientifically analyzed and understood it ceases to
be of any significance for social or any other kind of action.
It has been well said that there is no domain where the
sciences, philosophy, and politics blend to so great an extent
and in their contact have so much importance to the man
of the present day and of the future as in modern "race"
theory. Few problems in our time more pressingly require
solution than this. It is highly desirable, therefore, that the
facts about "race," as science has come to know them, should
be widely disseminated and clearly understood. To this end
the present volume has been written. "

"ORIGIN OF THE "RACE" CONCEPT 3

of Negroid origin, but in both countries it is often difficult
so say whether a person belongs to the one racial group or the
other. It is just such difficulties as these which render it impos-
sible to make the sort of racial classifications which some
anthropologists and others have attempted. 3 The fact is that
all human beings are so much mixed with regard to origin
that between different groups of individuals intergradation
and "overlapping" of physical characters is the rule. It is for
this reason that it is difficult to draw up more than a very few
hard and fast distinctions between even the most extreme
types. As Huxley and Haddon have remarked, "The essential
reality of the existing situation ... is not the hypothetical
sub-species or races, but the mixed ethnic groups, which can
never be genetically purified into their original components,
or purged of the variability which they owe to past crossing.
Most anthropological writings of the past and many of the
present fail to take account of this fundamental fact." *

The classifiers of the "races" of mankind who have devised
the various classificatory schemes of mankind during the last
hundred years have mostly agreed in one respect they have
unexceptionally taken for granted the one thing which they
were attempting to prove, namely, the existence of human
"races." Starting off with the fact that "extreme" types of man-
kind, such as Negro, white, and Mongol, could obviously be
recognized as races, they proceeded to refine these grosser
classifications by attempting to fit local groups of mankind
into similar racial schemes. Thus, to take a contemporary ex-
ample, Coon has recently created a large number of new
European "races" and "sub-races" upon the basis, principally,
of slight differences in the characters of the head exhibited by
different groups of Europeans, and this in spite of the fact

For the latest anthropological example of this fractionating method see
Coon, The Races of Europe.

4 Huxley and Haddon, We Europeans, p. 114. In order to avoid possible
misunderstanding of this passage, it is desirable to point out that by the
words "genetically purified into their original components" the authors do not
have reference to preexisting "pure races/' but to the earlier states of their
ancestral groups. "

scientifically there are measurably different clusters of people genetically. there are different groups that have similarities of physical features and biological/behavioural functioning.

"Scientifically," there is greater genetic variation within so-called 'racial' groups than between them.

Forum List

Back