The Farce of CDC Spending

Farcical OP based upon a biased blogger's rantings!

:lol:
Okay then, can you refute a single claim in the article? Just one?

Sure. Your source was clueless as to why the CDC was studying firearm deaths.

Why is the CDC studying gun violence and wasting efforts on helmet laws you ask?

I have absolutely no idea.

The CDC was banned by Republicans from studying firearm deaths. The result of that ban was that the NRA was allowed free reign to spread it's pro gun propaganda unchallenged. The CDC is now doing studies to determine the causes of firearm deaths in order to determine if there are safe and effective means to reduce them.
Oh, the government is here to oppose private citizens rights.

Thank you for telling us how democrats see and run government.

Non sequitur!

Why is the CDC studying gun violence and wasting efforts on helmet laws you ask?

The CDC was banned by Republicans from studying firearm deaths. The result of that ban was that the NRA was allowed free reign to spread it's pro gun propaganda unchallenged. The CDC is now doing studies to determine the causes of firearm deaths in order to determine if there are safe and effective means to reduce them.

Non sequitur!
As is your reply, my post stands, thanks

Non sequitur!

Thank you for tacitly conceding that you cannot produce a coherent defense of your inane post.

Non sequitur!

Thank you for tacitly conceding that you cannot produce a coherent defense of your inane post.
A typical idiot response of yours, thanks again for failing.

At this point you most likely do not remember the crap I called you on.

Non sequitur!

Ironic!

Furthermore you have not refuted anything that I have posted.

Non sequitur!

Ironic!

You have not substantiated anything you posted, nitwit.

Non sequitur!

Ironic!

You have not substantiated anything you posted, nitwit.

Resorting to insults means that you are conceding defeat. Have a nice day.

Wasting YOUR tax money on studying violent video games. Helmet laws. Reducing the Impact of Green Tobacco Sickness among Latino Farmworkers. The CDC believes this can be done through neighborhood transformation by “increasing access to healthy foods by supporting local farmers and developing neighborhood grocery stores,” and “promoting improvements in sidewalks and street lighting to make it safe and easy for people to walk and ride bikes.”

Just how much has gone into this garbage – instead of studying how to control diseases?

Read more @ Doug Ross Journal Center for Disease Control Spent 3 Times as Much on Community Transformation Than On... Disease Control

Ebola has revealed that the CDC is a disaster @ Ebola has revealed that the CDC is a disaster Hot Air

From your article, I have learned,

While the nurses in Texas were dealing with an Ebola patient without protocols and proper equipment, the CDC continued to claim the protocols were in place and the hospitals in the U.S. were ready.

That the Center for Disease Control...
has received just under $3 billion in transfers from the fund. Yet only 6 percent—$180 million—of that $3 billion went toward building epidemiology and laboratory capacity...

That the Center for Disease Control...where
Protecting Americans got $180 million while community transformation got $517.3 million!...

The cherry on the sundae, and this is according to both the Washington Post andNY Post, the CDC misused funds awarded by Congress. A $7.5 million grant slated for research on the hantavirus, for instance, went instead to other programs of their choosing. The problem is they were supposed to go back to Congress to get the okay but didn’t.

If they’re working 24/7 to protect Americans from harm – and Dr. Frieden did say the motto is ‘Do no harm’ – then they’d better get cracking and I don’t mean by conducting more studies on guns and tobacco or promoting bike lane construction.

The Center for Disease Control...
Like all of Obama’s agencies, they do what Mr. Obama wants and, when it goes awry, no one is held accountable.

Doug Ross Journal Center for Disease Control Spent 3 Times as Much on Community Transformation Than On... Disease Control

Why hasn't Obama replaced Dr. Friedman for lack if effectiveness during this crisis if for nothing else, no protocols in place to protect medical staff? He can't find him. If he'd look in his back pocket he'd find him.

Wasting YOUR tax money on studying violent video games. Helmet laws. Reducing the Impact of Green Tobacco Sickness among Latino Farmworkers. The CDC believes this can be done through neighborhood transformation by “increasing access to healthy foods by supporting local farmers and developing neighborhood grocery stores,” and “promoting improvements in sidewalks and street lighting to make it safe and easy for people to walk and ride bikes.”

Just how much has gone into this garbage – instead of studying how to control diseases?

Read more @ Doug Ross Journal Center for Disease Control Spent 3 Times as Much on Community Transformation Than On... Disease Control

Ebola has revealed that the CDC is a disaster @ Ebola has revealed that the CDC is a disaster Hot Air

Thanks for posting this, I've been too lazy to do the research.

That isn't the job of the CDC moron.

You demanded that I refute a "single claim" in your failed OP.

I did exactly that.

Your response is to deflect into nonsensical drivel similar to that of your source.

You have effectively negated your own thread.

Have a nice day.

No, you did not. If anything at all you supported it. The CDC has been wasting money researching things that should not be in their scope. All you pointed our was that the NRA opposed it. You failed.

Well, that tells me you don't know the definition of disease.

I did exactly that.

Your response is to deflect into nonsensical drivel similar to that of your source.

Have a nice day.
What do guns have to do with disease control?

Firearms deaths.

60% of all firearm deaths are suicides which are usually accompanied by depression.

But you don't understand that there also mental diseases that the CDC should be concerned with investigating?

While those suicides might not affect you personally the mass murders committed by the mentally unbalanced is becoming a major problem.

Normal people don't want their children murdered by some nutjob with easy access to lethal weapons.

Your ignorance does not mean that the CDC should not be doing it's job investigating firearm deaths.

Weak, there is already a government agency that is supposed to cover that.

The NIH is the one that studying depression would fall to-not the cdc.

I did exactly that.

Have a nice day.

Firearms deaths.

60% of all firearm deaths are suicides which are usually accompanied by depression.

But you don't understand that there also mental diseases that the CDC should be concerned with investigating?

While those suicides might not affect you personally the mass murders committed by the mentally unbalanced is becoming a major problem.

Normal people don't want their children murdered by some nutjob with easy access to lethal weapons.

Your ignorance does not mean that the CDC should not be doing it's job investigating firearm deaths.

Precisely.

While the nurses in Texas were dealing with an Ebola patient without protocols and proper equipment, the CDC continued to claim the protocols were in place and the hospitals in the U.S. were ready.

has received just under $3 billion in transfers from the fund. Yet only 6 percent—$180 million—of that $3 billion went toward building epidemiology and laboratory capacity...

Protecting Americans got $180 million while community transformation got $517.3 million!...

The cherry on the sundae, and this is according to both the Washington Post andNY Post, the CDC misused funds awarded by Congress. A $7.5 million grant slated for research on the hantavirus, for instance, went instead to other programs of their choosing. The problem is they were supposed to go back to Congress to get the okay but didn’t.

If they’re working 24/7 to protect Americans from harm – and Dr. Frieden did say the motto is ‘Do no harm’ – then they’d better get cracking and I don’t mean by conducting more studies on guns and tobacco or promoting bike lane construction.

Like all of Obama’s agencies, they do what Mr. Obama wants and, when it goes awry, no one is held accountable.

Doug Ross Journal Center for Disease Control Spent 3 Times as Much on Community Transformation Than On... Disease Control

Why hasn't Obama replaced Dr. Friedman for lack if effectiveness during this crisis if for nothing else, no protocols in place to protect medical staff? He can't find him. If he'd look in his back pocket he'd find him.

The CDC issued the appropriate warnings and recommendations for the protocols to deal with Ebola back in June or July of this year.

The hospital in Texas failed to train anyone on those protocols.

It wasn't the CDC that was at fault for the failure to follow the protocols.

The NIH is the one that studying depression would fall to-not the cdc.

Firearms deaths.

Where is it written in stone that only the NIH is allowed to study depression?

It isn't, but it refutes your lame assed claim that it's the responsibility of the CDC.

Firearms deaths are not due to a disease. Thus the CDC is engaging in "studies" with a purely political motivation. If they actually wanted to do something that would reduce the number of deaths and that actually DID exist within their purview they could look at the number of deaths due to medical misdiagnosis, faulty prescriptions, infections transmitted within hospitals etc. All of which are responsible for THREE TIMES the number of gun deaths, and most of which are totally preventable.

Mental illness is a disease just like any other. The fact that it not only results in tens of thousands on individual deaths (suicides by firearms) each year but is also resulting in the deaths of innocent victims via mass shootings on an every increasing scale makes it relevant to study.

From the POV of a gun owner if there is a way to reduce these firearm deaths with medical treatment then that has got to be a good thing since it will eliminate some of the stigma that has become attached to owning guns. Simply by preventing suicides that could reduce firearm deaths by 2/3rd every year. That has got to be something that you would support. I know that I do.

Give it up. You have been proven wrong. Admit it and move on.

The CDC issued the appropriate warnings and recommendations for the protocols to deal with Ebola back in June or July of this year.

The hospital in Texas failed to train anyone on those protocols.

It wasn't the CDC that was at fault for the failure to follow the protocols.

Actually the protocols have been in place for decades. Ebola is not the only virus in the world and several are more contagious than Ebola. Every single year, hospital workers if every stripe MUST take and pass a course and classes in infectious diseases and personal protective equipment. Those nurses got infected because they were careless.

Forum List

Back