The federal reserve is going to pull another ONE TRILLION DOLLARS OUT OF THEIR ASS!

these bubbles are the very reason why it is a FAILURE.

You're just wrong. Since the government has taken a more active role in the economy, the length, severity and frequency of economic downturns have all been reduced. As far as the data goes, this is not an arguable point. There's a reason why pretty much all democratic governments do Keynesianism and it isn't the mass stupidity that the right wing noise machine is trying to convince you that it is. It fucking works. Does it work perfectly? Hell no. Does it work better than unfettered capitalism? hell yes.

One of the main problems in this latest recession was artificially low interest rates for a long period of time. How is it not the Fed's fault when they were the ones who made that happen? If they just let the market dictate the rates then bubbles wouldn't be possible.

You've never seen unfettered capitalism.

There's no such thing as a perfectly competitive, free market economy. It's as much a fantasy as the communist utopia.

When competition-crushing regulations are done away with...

Blah, blah, blah. Let the libertarian prayers ring forth!

let the market dictate

::sigh::

There aint no real world entity called a "market" dude. It's a fantasy. What there is in reality are a bunch of hairless monkies running around trying to live the best way they know how. Adam Smith's invocation of the "invisible hand" of the market God is bullshit. It's as much opiate for the masses as any other religion.

There's no such thing as a perfectly competitive, free market economy. It's as much a fantasy as the communist utopia.

When competition-crushing regulations are done away with...

Blah, blah, blah. Let the libertarian prayers ring forth!

I never claimed perfect competition.

I'm simply saying that this economy is way too centrally controlled to be called "unfettered", which is what a lot of liberals seem to think it was leading into the housing disaster. A couple regs loosened or even repealed is not "unfettered capitalism".

I will disagree with the poster who said bubbles can't form in the absence of central rate manipulation.

People are imperfect, and can and will misallocate resources.

A bubble would be possible, but the argument that it wouldn't be as massive is one I would agree with.

I will definitely agree that the housing bubble wouldn't have been what it was. Rates that low will entice people to borrow that otherwise may not have. And then as the speculation grows, people are enticed EVEN MORE.

let the market dictate

::sigh::

There aint no real world entity called a "market" dude. It's a fantasy. What there is in reality are a bunch of hairless monkies running around trying to live the best way they know how. Adam Smith's invocation of the "invisible hand" of the market God is bullshit. It's as much opiate for the masses as any other religion.

There is a "market" and it's all dictated by supply and demand.

Relating that to the current recession. Demand in the housing industry was kept artificially high due to the lower then market value interest rates. If interest rates would have gone up, which they should have, then people wouldn't have been fooled by the ponzi scheme.

There is a "market" and it's all dictated by supply and demand.

Of course there is son. And let its will be done in America, as it is in heaven...

Last time we had something even remotely close to that was 120 years ago, and thanfully it was ended by reasonable reforms that ended:

Trusts and monopolies
Child Labor
Worker Exploitation
Unsafe labor practices
Unsafe working conditions
Truth in labeling
Consumer safety

Examples of good and necessary regulations that have now become so oppressive, some limits on the amount of regulation and types need to be discussed.

The pendulum swings both ways. The era of the revolutionary government activist is ending.

Fitz, there are grownups in the discussion now.

Why don't you go have a cookie?
Adults? Only adults I see here are me and Paulie.

There aint no real world entity called a "market" dude. It's a fantasy.

Wow, that's a fucking delusional statement. You may have read about Adam Smith, but you certainly didn't learn anything.

I never claimed perfect competition.

It's an Alinsky tactic. Demand unattainable perfection from your enemy and constantly badger them when they cannot maintain it. Ignore attacks of similar nature. At least he learned something from a book.

Saul Alinsky dude, that's me. I see you writing about my methods and let me tell youu, you've got it all wrong.

I can see you Fritz. I'm coming for your children.

The federal reserve is going to pull another ONE TRILLION DOLLARS OUT OF THEIR ASS! Have fun with the inflation everyone! =)

:mad::mad::mad:

I wonder how little your dollars are going to need to be worth before some of you choose to start paying attention to federal monetary policy...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNqxGtzUW4I

I see the democrats are going to give i their best shot at fucking the coutry up completely. A server Finaical crisis would be a good reason to invoke marital law and pospone the oath taking of thew new house.
But anyway just ignore what I sai. It's not going to happen.... then maybe it will.:eusa_eh:

Saul Alinsky dude, that's me. I see you writing about my methods and let me tell youu, you've got it all wrong.

I can see you Fritz. I'm coming for your children.
funny-pictures-cat-charges-you-five-cents-for-a-diagnosis.jpg

We can't fix stupid, but this may help you.

Come on Fritz. You can post more immaturely than that. A picture with a bubble talking smack about liberals or something at least.

You're gonna lose wingnut cred.

Last time we had something even remotely close to that was 120 years ago, and thanfully it was ended by reasonable reforms that ended:

Trusts and monopolies
Child Labor
Worker Exploitation
Unsafe labor practices
Unsafe working conditions
Truth in labeling
Consumer safety

Examples of good and necessary regulations that have now become so oppressive, some limits on the amount of regulation and types need to be discussed.

The pendulum swings both ways. The era of the revolutionary government activist is ending.

I completely agree. Ther e are definitely regulations that are necessary and proper.

It would at least be nice for liberals not to claim any market they've seen in THEIR lives was even remotely "unfettered".

Come on Fritz. You can post more immaturely than that. A picture with a bubble talking smack about liberals or something at least.

You're gonna lose wingnut cred.
That's skooker's schtick, not mine. From me you get loled when you lose your entertainment value.

But on the bright side, your name is truth in advertising.

funny-pictures-cat-charges-you-five-cents-for-a-diagnosis.jpg

Forum List

Back