🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The fight for equal pay seems a bit disingenuous

John Shaw

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2017
When women take soooooo much more time off work (in general). At my company, about 80-90% of long term absences are women. Our foreign employees in the UK and Canada get an entire year off for mat leave.

They also tend to work fewer hours after having kids ... and that's fine. But you shouldn't expect to be rewarded the same as the guy putting in 40 - 50+ hours every week of every year (minus PTO) when you have repeatedly disappeared for months out of the year throughout your term of employment, and when you only work 30 hours per week when you are actually there. I mean, he's there working and she's not. It's fine if you want to take time for the family, but why would you expect there to be no opportunity cost?

That's not a fight for equality it seems to me; that's a fight for getting an unfair advantage.

I am only talking about the people who complain that men overall make more money than women without even acknowledging this very simple and obvious difference. Case by case may vary.

Additionally, when career choices (teacher, nurse, social work) are factored, of course there is a considerable pay gap. This whole topic really is a non starter. The fact that it has legs for so long really highlights the miseducation and general mental sloth of the average person. Women have been duped and now, in anger, it is the man's fault.

The fight for equal pay seems a bit disingenuous

BINGO...

Holy shit folks, I believe we might have the first documented case of a moonbat gaining cognitive function.

I'm confident it's a fluke though.

God I'm so glad people who think like you aren't controlling this country

Please don't confuse that asswipe for a human being or that such posts are the result of "thinking".

That is a bot posting regressive propaganda.

Forum List

Back