The Friday Five

1) Were you an accident prone child who ended up in the ER all the time?
2) How many bones have you broken?
3) Are you a cry baby or tough guy when you are hurt?
4) Do you have any crazy scars?
5) Does the sight of blood, yours or others, freak you out?

ER tons of times for stitches nice scars, but never broke a bone, thick boned tough guy that likes blood.

Went to the ER twice for stitches

None

Not a whimper

I have a scar on the back of my head from getting hit in the head with a kayak

No, not me or my kids blood

ER tons of times for stitches nice scars, but never broke a bone, thick boned tough guy that likes blood.

i only had one accident where i went to the er as a child but it was a good one....i jumped off a dugout roof and landed on my knees....i stood up and was brushing off my knees when a girl rounder the corner and began to scream....i look down...blood is gushing a foot or more out of my knee...i had landed on a coke bottle and it went into my knee...and cut the artery ....i remember they debated a tourniquet....i remember one saying....if we dont she will bleed to death....so a belt was tighten around my upper tight...they also determined they could not wait on an ambulance and loaded me into a highway patrol car....i remember he was all pissed that i was bleeding all over his car interior.....i remember being in the er and my mother blasting thru the doors screaming...i still have a bad knee to this day....

only my toes, fingers and damned tail bone....the tail bone was bad...it didnt hurt till you stood up....ouchie....

depends on the hurt....i am not stoic...at all...when they give me pain options ...i always take the 'no pain' one and wonder who doesnt?

crazy scars...not really.....i had a bad burn scar as a child but it has nearly disappeared...and the scar from my eye to ear...is barely noticeable now.... and i always enjoy hearing the wild stories of how i got it....no i was not in a knife fight, car wreck...broken beer bottle ....it was a biopsy.....simple as that...they kept removing it....and finally the pathology report got kinda nasty with them..."same as the last 3 times you have removed this" the last time they removed a large part of my face...but he was good and the scar is not that noticeable...

myself i love playing 'show me your scars'....odd what you learn about people....who knew howard had shot himself in the foot....till you see the foot....and i think people who own their visible scars are pretty damn confident in themselves...

i dont care for the sight of blood....from anyone...i worked in er admitting and people would hold up bleeding hands etc...i made the bleed into a trash can...and told them i did not wanna see it...which sometimes brought comments like "how the hell can you work in an er with that attitude" it was a good question

1) Were you an accident prone child who ended up in the ER all the time? No

2) How many bones have you broken? 2 or 3 feet/ankle

3) Are you a cry baby or tough guy when you are hurt? Tough. Never let 'em see you cry

4) Do you have any crazy scars? On my foot, a huge v shaped scar from stitches because I once ran into a shovel hidden in the sand on the beach

5) Does the sight of blood, yours or others, freak you out? No, but cleaning it is yuk

Cool questions :lol:

The Friday Five
O5/23/2014

Marry Ellen Moffat

1. no.
2. none. Had sprains, cuts from flying glass, and muscle and nerve injuries, but no broken bones. Injuries were mainly from car wreck, and high school wrestling.
3. When hurt in a wreck caused by a sandstorm on the highway, my immediate concern was the well being of others who were also involved in the collision(s). Not to mention my totaled truck. Didn't cry, and no tough guy, just scared at the time due to blinding road conditions, and possibility for other collisions at highway speeds.
4. no.
5. no.

No, not at all.

One, tree twig snap, leg.

Kind of a crybaby.

No.

No. Now broken bones really freak me out. Yuk!

i only had one accident where i went to the er as a child but it was a good one....i jumped off a dugout roof and landed on my knees....i stood up and was brushing off my knees when a girl rounder the corner and began to scream....i look down...blood is gushing a foot or more out of my knee...i had landed on a coke bottle and it went into my knee...and cut the artery ....i remember they debated a tourniquet....i remember one saying....if we dont she will bleed to death....so a belt was tighten around my upper tight...they also determined they could not wait on an ambulance and loaded me into a highway patrol car....i remember he was all pissed that i was bleeding all over his car interior.....i remember being in the er and my mother blasting thru the doors screaming...i still have a bad knee to this day....

only my toes, fingers and damned tail bone....the tail bone was bad...it didnt hurt till you stood up....ouchie....

depends on the hurt....i am not stoic...at all...when they give me pain options ...i always take the 'no pain' one and wonder who doesnt?

crazy scars...not really.....i had a bad burn scar as a child but it has nearly disappeared...and the scar from my eye to ear...is barely noticeable now.... and i always enjoy hearing the wild stories of how i got it....no i was not in a knife fight, car wreck...broken beer bottle ....it was a biopsy.....simple as that...they kept removing it....and finally the pathology report got kinda nasty with them..."same as the last 3 times you have removed this" the last time they removed a large part of my face...but he was good and the scar is not that noticeable...

myself i love playing 'show me your scars'....odd what you learn about people....who knew howard had shot himself in the foot....till you see the foot....and i think people who own their visible scars are pretty damn confident in themselves...

i dont care for the sight of blood....from anyone...i worked in er admitting and people would hold up bleeding hands etc...i made the bleed into a trash can...and told them i did not wanna see it...which sometimes brought comments like "how the hell can you work in an er with that attitude" it was a good question

In other words, yes to everything....

No, not at all.

Kind of a crybaby.

No.

Twee twig snap weg?

Were you hunting sqwewy Wabbits?

1) Were you an accident prone child who ended up in the ER all the time? No

2) How many bones have you broken? 2 or 3 feet/ankle

3) Are you a cry baby or tough guy when you are hurt? Tough. Never let 'em see you cry

4) Do you have any crazy scars? On my foot, a huge v shaped scar from stitches because I once ran into a shovel hidden in the sand on the beach

5) Does the sight of blood, yours or others, freak you out? No, but cleaning it is yuk

Cool questions :lol:

you have three feet?

I've forgotten a lot of injuries.

Got hit in the eye by a grounder in baseball. Got kicked in the nuts once. Got bit by a dog twice. Had my wrist sliced open blocking some asshole swinging a box-cutter. Bruised my shin-bone in Karate match. Cut the hell out of my shins jumping a Humvee on a Yamaha 250 Enduro. Now a 5th group legend. Got the whole left side of my body cut up by waves throwing me into some coral reefs. Got one of my nuts smashed during a jump. Got my head cut open when a friend threw a rock at me.

Haha!!! Really fucken funny.

Thought I had a heart condition. Turned out it was nerve damage from playing video games. I'm better now......

Last edited:

.1. Ended up in the ER more than few times ... But I am adventure prone and not accident prone.
I do things ... I takes risks ... Shit happens!

.2. It would take a while to count if I included fingers and toes ... And some more than once.
So sticking with the bigger bones ... 2 compound fractures (L-Arm and R-Leg), 12 fractures (both wrists, jaw, nose, collar bone, 6 ribs and a linear skull fracture).

.3. I suck it up ... I hate small aggrevating wounds more than the big ones.
High pain tolerance ... The EMS guys will ask me "The Scale Of 1-10" pain question ... The ones that know me give me morphine if I say "5".

.4. I call scars ... "Life's Tattoos".
Certainly have some wicked ones but they all wear well ... I am thankful for that.

.5. The sight of blood makes me go "Pro First Aid Mode" ... Just experience I guess.

nope...was always pretty resiliant..

one - my arm

not really - mostly I would jump up and down and swear

nope

not really...the bloodiest mess I had was when I was bitten by one of my dogs. I was breaking up a dog fight (and being stupid) - I leaned over to grab a dog right when the other dog took a deep chomp of his leg - he whipped his head up and caught me on the side and under my jaw where the skin is thin. Bloody mess it was, and quite a tear so I cleaned up, drove to the ER with a towel held to my jaw and got stitched up.

ItsFriday
ItsFriday
ItsFriday
ItsFriday
ItsFriday
ItsFriday
ItsFriday
ItsFriday
ItsFriday

oh thank god

Nope

One, my arm. Although I have dislocated my elbow, hip, and knee. I have very limber joints.

Very stoic (It's the Norwegian in me)

I have a scar from the surgery to fix my arm. It's very neat, but visible

Nope

The Friday Five
O5/23/2014

Marry Ellen Moffat

1) No, the only time I was in the ER I was faking an injury. :eusa_shifty:
2) I've never broken a bone.
3) It depends I guess. I'm not a cry baby, and people have often gotten the impression I'm a tough guy about pain because I've got a lot of self-inflicted wounds, but I'd guess I'm fairly normal when it comes to getting hurt.
4) I have lots of self-inflicted scars.
5) Not at all. I've used my blood to draw. :lol:

No, not at all.

Kind of a crybaby.

No.

Twee twig snap weg?

Were you hunting sqwewy Wabbits?

Wait, what?

The Friday Five
O5/23/2014

Marry Ellen Moffat

1. No...but if you count when all of us cousins got together....someone seemed to end up with a broken bone or stitches every few months.

2. 1....my finger...twice. Once leaving in the truck door when it shut...another in a flag football game.

3. usually tough...tho, the sight of other people's blood will make me go into shock....I know it happens, but can't stop it. Kind of embarassing.

4. Stitches scar on my right hand palm....leaving hand in car door as a kid....bled like a stuck pig, I did.

5. See #3. I don't go into hystericals....it's more an unconscious going into shock even tho I'm calm on the outside.

The Friday Five
O5/23/2014

Marry Ellen Moffat

1. Nope.
2. None
3. Most of the time I'm pretty tough. I hurt my back once and I wished I was dead. I was prescribed Tylenol 4 and it wasn't strong enough to kill the pain but it made me physically ill so they wouldn't prescribe anything higher. That was the first time that the entire world stopped and I think that ticked me off the mostest. At least with childbirth you know there is an end at some point. Heck, you can actively participate to ending that shit ASAP.
4. Yes, I do.
5. Nope.

Can't ever remember a rushed ER or even doctor's office visit

Three. Ankle. Leg. Upper arm - right at the ball joint. Ugggh.

Find the humor in it (really); settle down to getting it fixed.

Lots of scars but the only crazy one is one on an arm that looks like it had two stitches and I have no idea where or when I got it.

Only when the spatter seems to look like Rorschach Inkblots.

The Friday Five
O5/23/2014

Marry Ellen Moffat

1. think I only ended up in the emergency room for stitches. cut my heel off once jumping off a roof into a pool and landing on a toy boat. stitches from bicycle accidents a few times. a sledding accident . a rock throwing incident. quite a few hockey incidents

2. Bones, wow, lots. split my kneecap in half. right arm twice. right elbow twice. right leg. collar bone. ribs 3 different times. a couple of fingers and toes. nose twice

3. I guess I take it pretty well. I've always been able to do without the pain meds prescribed

4. knee from reconstructive surgery. right arm from surgery. right leg from accident. lower left abdomen from a piece of sheet metal. top of head from a rock

5. my own a little. depends how bad it is bleeding

The Friday Five
O5/23/2014

Marry Ellen Moffat

1. think I only ended up in the emergency room for stitches. cut my heel off once jumping off a roof into a pool and landing on a toy boat. stitches from bicycle accidents a few times. a sledding accident . a rock throwing incident. quite a few hockey incidents

2. Bones, wow, lots. split my kneecap in half. right arm twice. right elbow twice. right leg. collar bone. ribs 3 different times. a couple of fingers and toes. nose twice

3. I guess I take it pretty well. I've always been able to do without the pain meds prescribed

4. knee from reconstructive surgery. right arm from surgery. right leg from accident. lower left abdomen from a piece of sheet metal. top of head from a rock

5. my own a little. depends how bad it is bleeding

I got a big sliver in my belly when I was 5 from sliding down the teeter-totter. I told everyone to stay away from it because I though if they pulled it out I'd pop like a balloon.

The Friday Five
O5/23/2014

Marry Ellen Moffat

No. I was not accident prone, thoughI was often doing things that I shouldn't have, like sailing down the Ohio River on a homemade raft, jumping off the railroad bridge into the water, or building the highest treehouse.

Several, but I don't see that as a contradiction to the answer in number one.

I don't know what either truly mean. I just go into a calm, methodical repair state when injured in the past. I have treated my own wounds and those of others.

I have many scars. I don't know which ones are crazy. Again, I don't see this as a contradiction to the answer given in question number one.

The sight of blood and gore on television and movies disturbs me. So, I don't watch such shows. In real life, I have found that it does not seem to have the same effect. I don't know why.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back