The Front Porch Swing

Language at the end, but who wouldn't? Oh, my!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jRTrRxamxQ]Bear & Man... Face to Face! {ORIGINAL VIDEO} - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
My heart is broken. My baby girl Belle, the one who didn't even have spots when I found her at the shelter, because she was too little and spots come later, died a few months back. I only know because I asked my stepdaughter.

I haven't seen Belle since August 1, 2008. We were together 24/7 because I was a housewife with agoraphobia.

I can't seem to stop crying.

Rainbow Bridge, baby girl. I love you so very, very much.

1999-2013

Better late than never....they say.....

5a82acb2708e763a0ece9a81fe3c6886.jpg

I don't like to be mean.....but....

1964455_10202557818759026_1331945105_n.jpg

Mean? Whaddaya mean mean? You mean posting a pic of snow when I don't have any?

I am indeed soooo good at driving in it. I just want the chance. Again.

70°? :puke: There's a time for that. It's called "May".

My heart is broken. My baby girl Belle, the one who didn't even have spots when I found her at the shelter, because she was too little and spots come later, died a few months back. I only know because I asked my stepdaughter.

I haven't seen Belle since August 1, 2008. We were together 24/7 because I was a housewife with agoraphobia.

1999-2013

I still am sorry for your pain and the loss of Belle. I know you missed and loved her.
Just wanted to give my condolences. No reply needed.

Over and out.

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be critical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy.

© Max Ehrmann 1927

1999-2013

Really, really sorry to hear about the loss of Belle. I must have just logged off, turned off the computer and gone to bed when you posted that. I am so sorry to hear about that, boop.

Forum List

Back