The Front Porch Swing

Another thought provoking statement and peaceful, beautiful picture. While I'm here in this unfamiliar place on vacation, I had no idea that I would actually be considering forgiveness of "you know who"....

As they say, "Never say never. It could make for a lifetime of anger".........lol.

Exactly. I have that quote up on Pinterest. 162 people hit like, and 676 people re-pinned it. It resonates with a lot of people.

Forgiveness is a tough one for me, it makes me feel vulnerable. Not the little stuff - I'm no good at holding a grudge. But if somebody does serious damage, I don't know how to forgive them without feeling like they will perceive it as weakness and take another shot.

It doesn't matter what they perceive. It also doesn't matter if they take another shot. That is their problem, not yours. When you forgive them you remove their power over you so if they take another shot it doesn't have the same impact any more. They did their worst and now you are stronger than they are. You forgave them whereas they are the one still hanging onto the rage. anger, hurt, whatever. That means they are in a lower place. Once you forgive them you can move on with your life. If they can't that is no longer your problem.

Exactly. I have that quote up on Pinterest. 162 people hit like, and 676 people re-pinned it. It resonates with a lot of people.

Forgiveness is a tough one for me, it makes me feel vulnerable. Not the little stuff - I'm no good at holding a grudge. But if somebody does serious damage, I don't know how to forgive them without feeling like they will perceive it as weakness and take another shot.

Same here...thanks. I thought I was getting soft there for a minute.

:eek:

Oh, yeah. I don't do well with vulnerable. It takes me long enough to trust, forget about it if I perceive that was stupid of me. (What the HELL was I thinking!?)

Anyway. Wandering vigorously away from the sentiment, yeah. I have to forgive because I don't have the energy to hold up that level of negative emotion, yet I remain vigilante against those who have done damage in the past.

I have a motto for my own life and it works for me, BD. Forgiveness is free but trust is earned. You can forgive the offender but you don't have to allow them access to your life. There is nothing wrong with that. It's even using wisdom in most cases!

Pooch on a Porch on a pillow!

676847_t607.JPG

:rofl:

You know, I think I start a snowball over there in the coffee shoppe.....

This is just fantastic!

Same here...thanks. I thought I was getting soft there for a minute.

:eek:

Oh, yeah. I don't do well with vulnerable. It takes me long enough to trust, forget about it if I perceive that was stupid of me. (What the HELL was I thinking!?)

Anyway. Wandering vigorously away from the sentiment, yeah. I have to forgive because I don't have the energy to hold up that level of negative emotion, yet I remain vigilante against those who have done damage in the past.

I have a motto for my own life and it works for me, BD. Forgiveness is free but trust is earned. You can forgive the offender but you don't have to allow them access to your life. There is nothing wrong with that. It's even using wisdom in most cases!

Love and forgiveness are easy to give. But trust requires fidelity, so be careful with those who can't or won't or simply don't protect you. I have a brother and a daughter I love but are not trustworthy. It makes life easier being aware of it.

Well, so owie. :(

Brilliant me was in a mad search for the checks I haven't seen since I moved here 8.5 months ago. Turned out they were in a box of books on the top shelf in my closet. I had to take down and put back up two very heavy boxes, plus take down an empty box that was fighting not to be removed.

Everything hurts in my upper back, shoulders and neck. I think I see a pain pill in my immediate future.

Mother Fletcher. :(

Oh no! :(

Not good to hurt your back!

I hope that it isn't serious! :smiliehug:

Nope! Nowhere near like what you're going through. :smiliehug:

But dude. Taking a pain pill while at work? Yeah. Not a good idea, home skillet. For one thing, I couldn't shut up. Then I went to bed on lunch, having mis-set my alarm, so I slept for 48 minutes of a half-hour lunch.

Another thought provoking statement and peaceful, beautiful picture. While I'm here in this unfamiliar place on vacation, I had no idea that I would actually be considering forgiveness of "you know who"....

As they say, "Never say never. It could make for a lifetime of anger".........lol.

It doesn't matter what they perceive. It also doesn't matter if they take another shot. That is their problem, not yours. When you forgive them you remove their power over you so if they take another shot it doesn't have the same impact any more. They did their worst and now you are stronger than they are. You forgave them whereas they are the one still hanging onto the rage. anger, hurt, whatever. That means they are in a lower place. Once you forgive them you can move on with your life. If they can't that is no longer your problem.

Interesting concept.

I do not allow such toxic people to remain in my life. Forgiveness handled from a distance - they aren't given the opportunity to re-offend time and time again.

Love and forgiveness are easy to give. But trust requires fidelity, so be careful with those who can't or won't or simply don't protect you. I have a brother and a daughter I love but are not trustworthy. It makes life easier being aware of it.

Yup. Not to put too fine a point on it, but my mom and adopto-dad never should have been allowed to breed. I have a sister I have had limited contact with for over a decade because she literally attempted to destroy two people in the next generation down, as well as her own father, and to this day, she won't own it.

Damn, you never cease to amaze me with your insightfulness....you are so right. Now, if only I can remember it.....:lol:

Brilliant me was in a mad search for the checks I haven't seen since I moved here 8.5 months ago. Turned out they were in a box of books on the top shelf in my closet. I had to take down and put back up two very heavy boxes, plus take down an empty box that was fighting not to be removed.

Everything hurts in my upper back, shoulders and neck. I think I see a pain pill in my immediate future.

But dude. Taking a pain pill while at work? Yeah. Not a good idea, home skillet. For one thing, I couldn't shut up. Then I went to bed on lunch, having mis-set my alarm, so I slept for 48 minutes of a half-hour lunch.

So that's what you meant? I couldn't figure out what it meant on the pm.....:eek:
I thought you had fallen asleep on top of your lunch...and the rest was :confused:

And how exactly is that any different?
grin-smiley-emoticon.gif
SCNR!

And how exactly is that any different?
grin-smiley-emoticon.gif
SCNR!

/sulk

*^^* - see? Me shutting up.

Forum List

Back