The Front Porch Swing

Now that reminded me of something. My SIL is a blond but she is really smart however she was dating this one guy who was also blond, but dumber than dirt! His IQ was probably below room temperature on the Celsius scale. He didn't last very long with my SIL but she obviously wasn't dating him for his potential. ;)

My little sister is blond - but she had an accident when she was five that wiped out some portion of her mental abilities. :(

It was very frustrating for her, not to be able to think things through. Led to some INCREDIBLY stupid decisions, as an adult.

d27b12950e318f5f3b62f2fede8ef71b.jpg

Now that reminded me of something. My SIL is a blond but she is really smart however she was dating this one guy who was also blond, but dumber than dirt! His IQ was probably below room temperature on the Celsius scale. He didn't last very long with my SIL but she obviously wasn't dating him for his potential. ;)

Was she dating him for massive size of the pancakes he could serve up on the griddle?

Hi everyone, hope you have a good day. Won't be on all that much, am caught in a maelstrom of work, actually, too much.

And kind of a rough day for me emotionally. Guess no one is totally impervious to depressed feelings.

Best to ya'll, more time tomorrow.

-Stat

Nope, it happens to all of us. It's been happening to me a lot also. Take care and feel better.

Was she dating him for massive size of the pancakes he could serve up on the griddle?

We are talking surfer dude! Probably the only pancakes he ever made had "special herbs" in them! :badgrin:

Hi everyone, hope you have a good day. Won't be on all that much, am caught in a maelstrom of work, actually, too much.

And kind of a rough day for me emotionally. Guess no one is totally impervious to depressed feelings.

-Stat

You are probably like me stat. I'm a worrier. I wake up in the morning searching for things to worry about. Saturday morning I woke up searching. Hmnn...my bills are paid, we have plenty of food in the house, we have our health, my Navy son is home on leave. Holy shit...I have nothing to worry about. Now that worries me!

-Stat

You are probably like me stat. I'm a worrier. I wake up in the morning searching for things to worry about. Saturday morning I woke up searching. Hmnn...my bills are paid, we have plenty of food in the house, we have our health, my Navy son is home on leave. Holy shit...I have nothing to worry about. Now that worries me!

You musta missed something. :doubt:

-Stat

I worried about that.

-Stat

I do that too. If I don't have anything to worry about, my mind will make something up. It's no fun. I have to work harder than most not to worry.

I worried about that.

Oh yeah.

I remember, a few decades back I was a big Days of Our Lives fan. There was an actor who played Roman. It's been so long, I don't even remember his last name. Anyway, there were lots of fade-outs where he was pondering something important, with his eyes narrowed. He said in an interview he was actually thinking " ..... did I leave the oven on?"

It's too late for a New Years resolution, however I am breaking the rules and adopting this statement as my mantra for life. Thanks for sharing.

This way is more all-encompassing, and I know I already said so once recently, but Christopher Reeve's companion, Gay Exton, once explained being pregnant without benefit of marriage as "Once is an honest mistake. Anything after that is tacky."

So yeah, mistakes versus choices. After the first time, you're making decisions.

Forum List

Back