The Front Porch Swing

My Mom has two toy poodles, the older one I believe is clinically obsessive-compulsive and will play fetch until the thrower gets too tired, then move on to someone with a fresh arm. Kinda annoying actually :) The younger one's a total cuddle-buddy. She'll fetch a thrown toy or ball, but not bring it back. :) And as with every other set of multiple dogs, be they my Mom's or brother's or other peoples', after a while of my playing and loving on em, someone will get jealous and start a dogfight with the others. Can't even pet my Mom's older dog without the younger one stopped in her tracks watching, wheels turning in her little head, then growling and going nuts. :) Have to sneak pets to the older one when she isn't around or looking. :)

When you ignore the pecking order of dogs, they will fight. Always treat/pet the top dog first.keeping in mind you are the ultimate top dog...Don't try to compensate amongst dogs because you feel sorry for the bottom dog, or they sure will fight.

I have a pit, a parson russell, and a sainnt. They're all dominant dogs and it is very, very important in our dealings with them that we abide by the pecking order. When I see klaus getting antsy because snoop is being pet, I make sure I give him his share right there adn then. Once I do, he'll go and lay down, and I'm free to interact with the others.

Giving food has to be really disciplined, too, and very open. Dogs will fight hard over food, even to the death. The fights in our house have always been triggered by food...and a stick.

Hey, y'all. I am just hanging out on my front porch, ready to share some sweet tea and muffins with the neighbors.

Well if I show up to hang out, I'm bringin' my jug of Jameson whiskey and a few cold Pabst... :booze:

You do that, sweet cheeks. I'm betting half the party moves to the fire pit in the backyard with you. :thup:

Cool... all we need then is someone with a good ghost story...

That's right, Dot. Good morning.

Good morning, everyone.

All

Is

Snooowww ...

Again.

Well if I show up to hang out, I'm bringin' my jug of Jameson whiskey and a few cold Pabst... :booze:

You do that, sweet cheeks. I'm betting half the party moves to the fire pit in the backyard with you. :thup:

Cool... all we need then is someone with a good ghost story...

Got kind of a boring one, but it is true and it did happen to us...on the Queen Mary.

good-morning.gif

Today I go back to my dentist. Had the root canal done two months ago, everything fine with that, but one of the anchor teeth (to bridge) had some decay....guess my dentist is going to drill/fill.....then next week I go to the "implant experts" - and start that process....should be fun.

Now I'm going to go grab me a cup of coffee, I'm not able to function for long without it...:razz:

I hope I have time to come back here......:eusa_pray:

good-morning.gif

Today I go back to my dentist. Had the root canal done two months ago, everything fine with that, but one of the anchor teeth (to bridge) had some decay....guess my dentist is going to drill/fill.....then next week I go to the "implant experts" - and start that process....should be fun.

Now I'm going to go grab me a cup of coffee, I'm not able to function for long without it...:razz:

I hope I have time to come back here......:eusa_pray:

Good luck, I hear you're allowed to punch your dentist if they drill too far. It's like a law now.

Good morning all.

Cats are amusing to me. I tossed to Bandit the disposable lever from one of the printer cartridges, and now that is his favorite toy for the moment.

Hope all are well here.

Cats are amusing, yes. I miss the two guys at my last home, Han and Fanty.

Anybody know where Fanty's name came from?

Maybe from Fanta or Fantasia

Good morning all.

Cats are amusing to me. I tossed to Bandit the disposable lever from one of the printer cartridges, and now that is his favorite toy for the moment.

Hope all are well here.

Cats are amusing, yes. I miss the two guys at my last home, Han and Fanty.

Anybody know where Fanty's name came from?

Maybe from Fanta or Fantasia

Nope.

I'll give it some time, see if there are any fans in the house.

BREAKING NEWS... It is official, a new poll of 60-year old Oklahoma ranchers has found that they are completely and utterly SICK TO DEATH of this freakin weather! The Oklahoma Republican Party has announced that the weather is a result of the lack of leadership from the Obama presidency and have pressed for a constitutional amendment to regulate such weather. The Oklahoma Democratic party has condemned the findings of the poll as nothing but a continuation of the war on women, the war on the poor and the war on illegal aliens. Libertarians say that being cold, as well as being hot is a personal choice and should not be regulated.

Last night, I drove down to the barn and loaded the hay and cattle feed into the back of the truck. The temperature gauge in the truck showed 2 degrees. 35 MPH wind to boot. Dodger and Elmer (the two dogs) had no desire to ride in the back of the truck like they always do. Both of them wanted in the front where the heater was and refused to budge. Drove down to the pasture and the cattle wouldn't even move out of the little shelter that blocks the wind. Usually, they hear me coming at that time of the evening and they know its feeding time. Its like a stampede. Then I had to drive back up to the barn and get an ax and chop holes in the ice so they would have water. While trying to turn around to go back to the house, I got stuck. So I had to walk up to the barn, get the tractor and pull the truck out of the only mud hole that wasn't completely frozen solid. Dodger and Elmer? Why they watched and waited from the confines of the running truck of course.

When I got back into the house, they both sat in front of the fireplace and looked at me like I was completely useless until I made a fire. Then both of them laid down. If the fire got low, I'd get a look like it was time to get up off your butt, get some wood and stoke the fire.

Come on Spring!

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Forum List

Back