The Front Porch Swing

Oh yeah.

They gave me lorazepam for anxiety, and I took it but honestly, I couldn't see that it affected me at all. I felt no different.

Also vicodin, which is super effective for tooth/facial pain.

Try to relax but not too much sleep or you'll be up all night.

Haha too late..the root canal was early yesterday, I took it easy all day and went to sleep fairly early...

Up at 3:45 this morning, bright eyed and bushy tailed...

And now I'm pooped.

Don't go to sleep. I slept until 10 this morning, unusual for me but I'm thinking I'll be awake tonight just because of that.

Sorry...RL for a bit

We had rented a room on the Queen Mary for the weekend for the Scottish Games...room A29 if anyone ever wants to go there....

Friday nite, my wife kept hearing a clicking noise over and over and over....In the morning, she was in the bathroom, and just felt the urge to open up the medicine cabinet....."click". Our daughter yelled from her roll-away to stop making that noise, it had kept waking her up all nite. I slept thru it all.....:doubt:

Saturday nite, wife kept hearing some child whisper "mama! mama! mama!"...Looked over to our daughter who was sound asleep....an hour later, same thing...next hour, same thing....all nite. Next morning, daughter asks us why we were rubbing her forehead all nite. I slept thru it all.....:doubt:

Asked at the front desk, yes there have been several reports of a little girl seen in the berthing area we were in....near the bow.
Damn that is just creepy as hell

Redrum.

Funny you should say that. Go on the Queen Mary and the hotel passageways look like the ones in that movie.

Outstanding!

George Eastman (Eastman Kodak) came from Rochester, NY. My uncle lives just a couple of blocks from the Eastman House and serves on a form of administrative board for that House. It is a beautiful mansion. Makes for an excellent tour. The guy was brilliant. Here are some pics:

George-Eastman-House%3DExterior.JPG

GeorgeEastmanHouse.jpg

George_Eastman_House.jpg

rock_garden.jpg

There is a photo exhibition on the lower level that is just incredible. This museum is one of the best kept secrets of American history.

If anyone is close to Rochester, I can recommend this as a fine stop to make!

That would be one of my favorite pastimes, touring historical mansions.

Have you ever seen The Breakers?

At the end of April, my BFF and I are going on a tour of the James Hill house in St. Paul.

No, I'm totally ignorant of the term, but after some appointments today, I will research that. Promise.

[MENTION=31258]BDBoop[/MENTION], is this what you meant?

The Breakers | Newport Mansions

Those homes are unbelievable. Wow.

Well if I show up to hang out, I'm bringin' my jug of Jameson whiskey and a few cold Pabst... :booze:

You do that, sweet cheeks. I'm betting half the party moves to the fire pit in the backyard with you. :thup:

Cool... all we need then is someone with a good ghost story...

there was a grey ghost from Nantucket...

uh, erm,

wrong story.

Oops.

You do that, sweet cheeks. I'm betting half the party moves to the fire pit in the backyard with you. :thup:

Cool... all we need then is someone with a good ghost story...

And hot dogs, graham crackers, chocolate bars and marshmallows. :thup:

Ever heard a German try to pronounce the word "Smores"?

It's just about as funny as hearing a German try to pronounce "Squirrel"...

[MENTION=36767]Bloodrock44[/MENTION] - will enjoy that one. Thinking of you, bud.

The Queen Mary in San Diego. I went there once long long ago. Didn't seem creepy to me but we didn't spend the night either. Spooky stuff Bode! Good that you slept thru it all!

I've been to Winchester House too. Never felt any spirits or anything. I thought it boring.

LOVE the pics of the Eastman house, Stat. Except for the elephant head.

1833 is Monterey is a haunted restaurant...and the food is FABOO!

Try to relax but not too much sleep or you'll be up all night.

Haha too late..the root canal was early yesterday, I took it easy all day and went to sleep fairly early...

And now I'm pooped.

Don't go to sleep. I slept until 10 this morning, unusual for me but I'm thinking I'll be awake tonight just because of that.

Sarah, I find that if I nap during the day, I can't sleep at night. I wind up finally going to bed about 4am.:eek:
So..I have not napped..not even for an hour or less...during the day for months now.
I guess the older ya get, the less sleep ya need. Or so I heard.

However, that is gonna be hard to NOT do this summer. I like laying in my lounger in the back yard, in the sun. The sun ALWAYS makes me sleep. Or..to put it mildly..."travel". I am asleep, but I am not really there. Just...traveling.

Last edited:
Do you guys believe those TAPS shows? And Ghost Adventures and stuff like that?

I love touring historical homes as well. My favorite was Newport Rhode Island, amazing place but I also love president's homes. John Adams house in Quincy, Mass. was a favorite. This was his birthplace:

800px-John_Adams_birthplace%2C_Quincy%2C_Massachusetts.JPG

And now I'm pooped.

Sarah, I find that if I nap during the day, I can't sleep at night. I wind up finally going to bed about 4am.:eek:
So..I have not napped..not even for an hour or less...during the day for months now.
I guess the older ya get, the less sleep ya need. Or so I heard.

However, that is gonna be hard to NOT do this summer. I like laying in my lounger in the back yard, in the sun. The sun ALWAYS makes me sleep. Or..to put it mildly..."travel". I am asleep, but I am not really there. Just...traveling.

I can't nap anymore and even still I wake up at 3am sometimes. If I'm having weird dreams, I just get up for awhile and then try to get sleep a little later. I hate laying in the sun, I don't think I could ever sleep in the sun.

I'm going to do a question of the day in the Stoop. Some'll be easy, some will require some thinking on your part. I'll do the question in green and bolded so people can answer whenever they see it, or see it quoted.

2/4/2014 Question of the Day, aka QOD: What's your favorite color?

Mine is obviously green.

Kodachrome! :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SExsuRIGAlg]Kodachrome - Paul Simon - YouTube[/ame]

Outstanding!

George Eastman (Eastman Kodak) came from Rochester, NY. My uncle lives just a couple of blocks from the Eastman House and serves on a form of administrative board for that House. It is a beautiful mansion. Makes for an excellent tour. The guy was brilliant. Here are some pics:

George-Eastman-House%3DExterior.JPG

GeorgeEastmanHouse.jpg

George_Eastman_House.jpg

rock_garden.jpg

There is a photo exhibition on the lower level that is just incredible. This museum is one of the best kept secrets of American history.

If anyone is close to Rochester, I can recommend this as a fine stop to make!

I'm from the Rochester area...The Eastman House was a required field trip location when I was in school...

Did you know that they literally took part of the house and moved it about 3 feet for an extention....I forget why.

That area along East Ave is where all the old mansions are.

I was always a sun worshipper but I am older now and have thinner skin. I still tan, but I don't want to take a chance on a burn. So when I say sun..I mean filtered sun thru the tree canopy. I still get it, but not where I will get burned. And I love listening to the birds.
Knocks me out every time.

Well happy days. Our furnace went out and it's 5 degrees outside. So the gas company will be out today to fix it but there's an 8 hour window of time for them to get here. Lovely.

Go to a neighbor's house. Be careful in that cold, Sister.

Well happy days. Our furnace went out and it's 5 degrees outside. So the gas company will be out today to fix it but there's an 8 hour window of time for them to get here. Lovely.

Go to a neighbor's house. Be careful in that cold, Sister.

I have to wait for the furnace guy and I'm the only one here now. I have a room heater in the room I am in and as soon as my husband gets home, if they aren't here yet, I'm going to my sister's with my daughter to hang out until they fix it. My daughter is only 4 so we'll stay there if we have to. Luckily, she's at daycare/preschool now.

Perfect timing for how cold it is out. They never break when it's warm huh? LOL

Last edited:

Forum List

Back