The Front Porch Swing

We have an electric blanket. I love those things.

My daughter loves her electric blanket. I never had one.

It is a Thing of Beauty and a Joy Forever. Nothing better than preheating on high, then dropping it to 3-4. Get in bed, and oh. My.

Bliss.

I love the feel of my quilts especially on cold mornings. I just stay under them all warm and happy. I don't need the electric warmth. I have the perfect bed, blankets and pillows. Perfect.

HaHa what a baby, huh?

My daughter loves her electric blanket. I never had one.

It is a Thing of Beauty and a Joy Forever. Nothing better than preheating on high, then dropping it to 3-4. Get in bed, and oh. My.

Bliss.

I love the feel of my quilts especially on cold mornings. I just stay under them all warm and happy. I don't need the electric warmth. I have the perfect bed, blankets and pillows. Perfect.

HaHa what a baby, huh?

Nah. ;)

Oy. Oy.

Why can't people READ? It says clearly in my ad NO PETS for the room. LANDLORD SAID NO MORE PETS. NO PETS!

So what do I just get? A phone call from a gal that has a cat. I said "A cat is a PET".
Duh.

Oh, I hate heat when I am sleeping. I have my fan on. On HIGH. Aimed right at me. I have a nice blanket but not too heavy, not too light. Feet poking out. I HATE hot feet.
Never had an electric blanket. I'm afraid I would get electrocuted. Besides, TOO HOT. I need air.

Mine is about the same here. I open the window a smidge too. But only when I go to bed. During the summer..back door from my room to the yard is open too.

Funny you should say that. Go on the Queen Mary and the hotel passageways look like the ones in that movie.

That's exactly what came to mind when I read your scary story. Those twins riding tricycles down those halls.

We have a hotel in San Antonio that many claim to be Haunted.....

Ghost Hunting At The Saint Anthony Hotel. Part One.
by SHELLY KNEUPPER TUCKER on NOVEMBER 1, 2010©
“Ninety per cent of our hotel staff is too frightened to work on this floor,” he said as the elevator doors opened on the tenth floor of the Saint Anthony Hotel. With a mischievous smirk, he led us out of the elevator and down the corridor to room 1080 which is (according to the staff) THE most haunted room of the hotel. I was too busy taking pictures to notice that I was shaking so hard my knees were knocking together. The halls of the hotel look like something right out of the movie “The Shining.”

Ghost Hunting At The Saint Anthony Hotel ? This Eclectic Life

Mine is about the same here. I open the window a smidge too. But only when I go to bed. During the summer..back door from my room to the yard is open too.

Of course once you said that, I realized I had to be severely overestimating the temp in here. It's not like I have to wear a hat and gloves, but without the space heater it is literally much colder than is comfortable. And I'm comfortable in the 50's.

I really should get a room thermometer.

I was at this haunted restaurant a couple of months ago.

e9a47ee3-df09-4af2-9049-6ace047b59a6.JPG

The Oliver House - Toledo,Ohio

Long Description:
The Oliver House, overlooking the Maumee River, has been a part of the city’s nightlife for well over a century. Built on an Indian burial ground and serving as a medical center for the wounded during the Spanish-American War, this historic hotel is not without its own haunted reputation. Numerous apparitions have appeared to guests and diners, but the most common is that of a soldier who has come to be known as “The Captain.” He is said to show up most frequently in the Pool Room dressed formally in full uniform.

There have been many paranormal investigations here.

Post pics of it, mertex! Show us!

0f8ca3ec9bcca35ee49994864cb31be6d200daad.gif

21ef2928e9d59de3d4ee7913a1c95df83fb7fdae.jpg

I received the following inquiry a few days ago:

Hi Lon,

Can you look at a picture (upper left) and tell me what you think? I took it last year at the St. Anthony Hotel in San Antonio TX. I am currently installing internet and WiFi and I have been in and out of this hotel for almost a year. I have taken approx. 300 pictures and some video. This is the only picture that has me wondering what I’ve taken a picture of. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Rene R.

I emailed Rene for additional information:

The St. Anthony Hotel was built in 1909 and is located in downtown San Antonio, TX. Downtown is supposedly haunted because of all the battles from the Alamo. It’s in walking distance to the hotel. There has been one reported suicide on the 5th floor. I have talked to the staff and a few have had seen orbs and witnessed a woman in red wandering the first floor. I have personally seen a black orb on the 3rd floor. I was in a shaft that has pipes and some ac ducts that goes from the first to the tenth floor. I was looking into the shaft while pulling cable and saw a black ball the size of a tennis ball shoot from right to left and disappear into the wall. I’ve had dizzy spells in the Alamo conference room bathroom. As soon as I stepped out the feeling would instantly go away. It also has happened to my coworker. On the the first floor there is a conference room that is always freezing even though the ac is off. I also get the creeps on the 10th and 5th floors. I have captured orbs on camera but they are probably dust. This is a grand old hotel. I almost forgot a staff member saw a half woman half bird thing on the 4th. I am not sure if I believe him because he also gives me the creeps. I will continue taking pictures till this job is over.

Thanks,

Rene R.

http://beforeitsnews.com/paranormal/2013/03/st-anthony-hotel-spiritual-being-2448374.html

Last edited:
Post pics of it, mertex! Show us!

0f8ca3ec9bcca35ee49994864cb31be6d200daad.gif

21ef2928e9d59de3d4ee7913a1c95df83fb7fdae.jpg

I received the following inquiry a few days ago:

Hi Lon,

Can you look at a picture (upper left) and tell me what you think? I took it last year at the St. Anthony Hotel in San Antonio TX. I am currently installing internet and WiFi and I have been in and out of this hotel for almost a year. I have taken approx. 300 pictures and some video. This is the only picture that has me wondering what I’ve taken a picture of. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Rene R.

I emailed Rene for additional information:

The St. Anthony Hotel was built in 1909 and is located in downtown San Antonio, TX. Downtown is supposedly haunted because of all the battles from the Alamo. It’s in walking distance to the hotel. There has been one reported suicide on the 5th floor. I have talked to the staff and a few have had seen orbs and witnessed a woman in red wandering the first floor. I have personally seen a black orb on the 3rd floor. I was in a shaft that has pipes and some ac ducts that goes from the first to the tenth floor. I was looking into the shaft while pulling cable and saw a black ball the size of a tennis ball shoot from right to left and disappear into the wall. I’ve had dizzy spells in the Alamo conference room bathroom. As soon as I stepped out the feeling would instantly go away. It also has happened to my coworker. On the the first floor there is a conference room that is always freezing even though the ac is off. I also get the creeps on the 10th and 5th floors. I have captured orbs on camera but they are probably dust. This is a grand old hotel. I almost forgot a staff member saw a half woman half bird thing on the 4th. I am not sure if I believe him because he also gives me the creeps. I will continue taking pictures till this job is over.

Thanks,

Rene R.

St. Anthony Hotel: Spiritual Being? | Paranormal

Looks like one of your siggie fairies got loose!

Forum List

Back