The Front Porch Swing

Good morning, Boop!!

*puts on pants, pulls out an Ohio State sweatshirt*

*notices Dog grabbing the leash hanging from the nail on the wall, wagging tail*

:)

Give her a hug from me!

Done!!!! She is an outstanding walking partner and loves to catch tennis balls!

Mitzi will only play frisbee 2.5 times. The third time, she'll go get it, but won't bring it back.

Our feeling on this is she thinks mom has lost her mind, and will just throw it again.

I'm going to do a question of the day in the Stoop. Some'll be easy, some will require some thinking on your part. I'll do the question in green and bolded so people can answer whenever they see it, or see it quoted.

2/4/2014 Question of the Day, aka QOD: What's your favorite color?

Mine is obviously green.

Good idea.

I was thinking green, but then I saw this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpiIWMWWVco]sesame street - its not easy being green - YouTube[/ame]

This is more my color:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVz1ATv7vR8]Maxine Sullivan - Blue Skies - YouTube[/ame]

:)

I'm going to do a question of the day in the Stoop. Some'll be easy, some will require some thinking on your part. I'll do the question in green and bolded so people can answer whenever they see it, or see it quoted.

2/4/2014 Question of the Day, aka QOD: What's your favorite color?

Mine is obviously green.

Kodachrome! :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SExsuRIGAlg]Kodachrome - Paul Simon - YouTube[/ame]

Outstanding!

George Eastman (Eastman Kodak) came from Rochester, NY. My uncle lives just a couple of blocks from the Eastman House and serves on a form of administrative board for that House. It is a beautiful mansion. Makes for an excellent tour. The guy was brilliant. Here are some pics:

George-Eastman-House%3DExterior.JPG

GeorgeEastmanHouse.jpg

George_Eastman_House.jpg

rock_garden.jpg

There is a photo exhibition on the lower level that is just incredible. This museum is one of the best kept secrets of American history.

If anyone is close to Rochester, I can recommend this as a fine stop to make!

That would be one of my favorite pastimes, touring historical mansions.

Have you ever seen The Breakers?

At the end of April, my BFF and I are going on a tour of the James Hill house in St. Paul.

Done!!!! She is an outstanding walking partner and loves to catch tennis balls!

Mitzi will only play frisbee 2.5 times. The third time, she'll go get it, but won't bring it back.

Our feeling on this is she thinks mom has lost her mind, and will just throw it again.

That's one Picky-Mitzi!!!

:lol:

But she looooves me! K pulls in the driveway, lets Mitz out, and she whimper yips anxiously until I come down the stairs so she can get her loving.

I swear. I don't know why anybody uses the word 'bitch' as a pejorative, since most dogs are several steps above some humans.

Outstanding!

George Eastman (Eastman Kodak) came from Rochester, NY. My uncle lives just a couple of blocks from the Eastman House and serves on a form of administrative board for that House. It is a beautiful mansion. Makes for an excellent tour. The guy was brilliant. Here are some pics:

GeorgeEastmanHouse.jpg

George_Eastman_House.jpg

rock_garden.jpg

There is a photo exhibition on the lower level that is just incredible. This museum is one of the best kept secrets of American history.

At the end of April, my BFF and I are going on a tour of the James Hill house in St. Paul.

No, I'm totally ignorant of the term, but after some appointments today, I will research that. Promise.

That's one Picky-Mitzi!!!

:lol:

But she looooves me! K pulls in the driveway, lets Mitz out, and she whimper yips anxiously until I come down the stairs so she can get her loving.

I swear. I don't know why anybody uses the word 'bitch' as a pejorative, since most dogs are several steps above some humans.

Dogs are great people. I love my dog, she is a faithful and loving companion, willing to listen, loves to schmooze, loves to play. Yepp, animals are great people.

Outstanding!

GeorgeEastmanHouse.jpg

George_Eastman_House.jpg

rock_garden.jpg

No, I'm totally ignorant of the term, but after some appointments today, I will research that. Promise.

The Breakers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Starting point. :thup:

Good morning all.

Cats are amusing to me. I tossed to Bandit the disposable lever from one of the printer cartridges, and now that is his favorite toy for the moment.

Hope all are well here.

My Mom has two toy poodles, the older one I believe is clinically obsessive-compulsive and will play fetch until the thrower gets too tired, then move on to someone with a fresh arm. Kinda annoying actually :) The younger one's a total cuddle-buddy. She'll fetch a thrown toy or ball, but not bring it back. :) And as with every other set of multiple dogs, be they my Mom's or brother's or other peoples', after a while of my playing and loving on em, someone will get jealous and start a dogfight with the others. Can't even pet my Mom's older dog without the younger one stopped in her tracks watching, wheels turning in her little head, then growling and going nuts. :) Have to sneak pets to the older one when she isn't around or looking. :)

Good morning all.

Cats are amusing to me. I tossed to Bandit the disposable lever from one of the printer cartridges, and now that is his favorite toy for the moment.

Hope all are well here.

Cats are amusing, yes. I miss the two guys at my last home, Han and Fanty.

Anybody know where Fanty's name came from?

My Mom has two toy poodles, the older one I believe is clinically obsessive-compulsive and will play fetch until the thrower gets too tired, then move on to someone with a fresh arm. Kinda annoying actually :) The younger one's a total cuddle-buddy. She'll fetch a thrown toy or ball, but not bring it back. :) And as with every other set of multiple dogs, be they my Mom's or brother's or other peoples', after a while of my playing and loving on em, someone will get jealous and start a dogfight with the others. Can't even pet my Mom's older dog without the younger one stopped in her tracks watching, wheels turning in her little head, then growling and going nuts. :) Have to sneak pets to the older one when she isn't around or looking. :)

They sound adorable! *This is likely the case because I live in another state.*

What color and age are they?

The older one's black, named Jenny, younger's sorta ash gray (to my eyes anyway, am mildly color blind and have trouble identifying blended colors) named Jazz. Dunno how old they are, age isn't something I hand on to in my head. :) Older's maybe 8 or so, younger's 4 or 5. Somewhere around there, give or take 5 years ;)

When we go grocery shopping, Mom needs me to bring her's in after a tumble on her stairs (or so she claims, might just be lying to get free labor outta me, but I take her at her word being the trusting gullible type heh.) When we arrive the dogs both go nuts getting all excited. Older one then loiters aroundthe trunk with my stuff as I get Mom's outta the backseat. Usualyl have some deli fried chicken and guess she smells it pretty clearly. Always looking up at me expectingme to give her some (like I do every dinner at the table so that's totally my fault.)

No pets allowed her at the apartments. If I ever move, primary reason'd be to have a little dog and/or cat. Grew up with both and Animal Planet's Too Cute, and Dogs/Cats 101 is nice, but no substitute. :)

The older one's black, named Jenny, younger's sorta ash gray (to my eyes anyway, am mildly color blind and have trouble identifying blended colors) named Jazz. Dunno how old they are, age isn't something I hand on to in my head. :) Older's maybe 8 or so, younger's 4 or 5. Somewhere around there, give or take 5 years ;)

When we go grocery shopping, Mom needs me to bring her's in after a tumble on her stairs (or so she claims, might just be lying to get free labor outta me, but I take her at her word being the trusting gullible type heh.) When we arrive the dogs both go nuts getting all excited. Older one then loiters aroundthe trunk with my stuff as I get Mom's outta the backseat. Usualyl have some deli fried chicken and guess she smells it pretty clearly. Always looking up at me expectingme to give her some (like I do every dinner at the table so that's totally my fault.)

No pets allowed her at the apartments. If I ever move, primary reason'd be to have a little dog and/or cat. Grew up with both and Animal Planet's Too Cute, and Dogs/Cats 101 is nice, but no substitute. :)

I hear ya. The ladies upstairs (my sister and her partner) had a lhasapoo until April 10th last year. I think he was thirteen when he passed. Now her partner says they aren't getting another, and my sister is rather heartbroken.

I am sad myself.

We've got a miniature poodle, tho she's more like a large toy poodle. She is my wife's shadow, literally. While I like other dogs too, small poodles seem to be the loves of our lives. My parents had one after I left for college that was just as sweet, just as loving, just as smart as ours. I'm sold on poodles.

We've got a miniature poodle, tho she's more like a large toy poodle. She is my wife's shadow, literally. While I like other dogs too, small poodles seem to be the loves of our lives. My parents had one after I left for college that was just as sweet, just as loving, just as smart as ours. I'm sold on poodles.

Great. Now I really want a poodle.

Forum List

Back