‘The fuse is lit’: Dan Rather says Trump-Russia scandal is about to go off like a bomb

Veteran CBS News anchor Dan Rather wrote on Facebook Thursday that the scandal over Pres. Donald Trump’s personal and political connections to the Russian government and those of his aides is like a bomb with a lit fuse.

“Every once in a while in Washington, the fuse is lit for what seems to be a big scandal,” said Rather. “Much more rarely does that fuse lead to an explosion of the magnitude we are seeing with Russia and the new Administration, and frankly the Republicans in Congress.”

With revelations that Attorney Gen. Jeff Sessions apparently perjured himself regarding contacts with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, another key Trump appointee appears to be on the verge of going down in flames like national security adviser Gen. Mike Flynn.

Flynn resigned last month after wiretaps on Kislyak’s phone revealed that he and Flynn had multiple conversations prior to the president’s inauguration that Flynn later lied about to the public and to Vice President Mike Pence.

“Sessions is but the latest person close to President Trump who seems to be ensnared in a story that is more worthy of Hollywood melodrama than the reality of the governance of our country. Democrats are calling for Sessions to resign, and this story could move very quickly,” said Rather on Facebook.

/---- Disgraced and fired Dan Blather? The one who used counterfeit docs to frame GWB? That Dan Blather??? Bwhahaha bwhahaha bwhahaha
Thank-you for your post # 536.
Please see Posts # 2 and # 3.

You mean the Dan Rather who used forged documents to do a hit piece on Bush? That Dan Rather?
Time to grow up, son. Is there anything incorrect in Rathers piece?

Now why would I bother reading something from a guy who knowingly used forged documents?

They were 1972 Microsoft Word Documents.

They were forged documents.
Doest matter, son, Rathers piece was right on correct

You mean the Dan Rather who used forged documents to do a hit piece on Bush? That Dan Rather?

Now why would I bother reading something from a guy who knowingly used forged documents?

Of course it doesnt....to a liberal.
You people have no use for the truth and never have.
You're nothing but lying scum who will stoop to the lowest level to hold onto power.
But thank God your days are numbered ......

You're nothing but lying scum who will stoop to the lowest level to hold onto power.
How can you even begin to talk about the truth when you hero Rump lies almost every time he opens his mouth. Where is his proof that Obama was recording his conversations?

How can you even begin to talk about the truth when you hero Rump lies almost every time he opens his mouth. Where is his proof that Obama was recording his conversations?

So barry the meat puppet faggot didnt get a FISA warrant?

There never was a wire tap homer

Than why get a FISA warrant Marge....?

Dan Rather is correct on this.
The Ides of March are approaching for Donald Trump.

So he lied about other stuff...but Rather is being honest now? Dan Rather is desperately trying to be relevant once again after being exposed for what he really is...a partisan ideologue...more than willing to bend the truth like a pretzel if it furthers his own liberal narratives!
Trump might have to sell Melania into a Russian Whore House just to save his Presidency.

Very odious and uncalled for. I believe trump is unfit to be POTUS, he's fair game, leave his family out of it!
Look who's begging for charity!!!! Trump enjoys talking about the handicap.

/---- Pres Trump was imitating Obama when he said he bowled like a retard.

No evidence of a wire tap was provided by Trump.
If the FBI were tapping Donald Trump's telephone before the election I am sure there was a good reason for such surveillance and the general public would be very interested in getting the details.
Right now, I can only think of the Russia connection.

Here are the facts, dispute them if you will, but lying about Rather's motivation tells us more about the character of the liar, than about the truth of the matter in question.

Killian documents controversy - Wikipedia

Here are the facts, dispute them if you will, but lying about Rather's motivation tells us more about the character of the liar, than about the truth of the matter in question.

CBS Ousts 4 For Bush Guard Story

And your link does not present a complete rebuttal of the story presented and defended by Dan Rather. It explains that the Journalistic effort to make sure the evidence was what it purported to be, and fired the producer and other management staff, but NOT Dan Rather.

Thus my comment about the lies and character assassination remain credible and not disputed by any facts I've read on this thread or any where else.

And your link does not present a complete rebuttal of the story presented and defended by Dan Rather. It explains that the Journalistic effort to make sure the evidence was what it purported to be, and fired the producer and other management staff, but NOT Dan Rather.

Thus my comment about the lies and character assassination remain credible and not disputed by any facts I've read on this thread or any where else.

Four people got shit canned over the fake documents.

Four people got shit canned over the fake documents.

Not Dan Rather. Are you stupid, or simply dishonest? A lie by omission is still an effort to mislead. The fact is those fired did not practice due diligence, nor did you if you didn't read the link or seek clarity on the issue.

That's my point. The first version of MS Word did not come out until 1983. The fonts of the documents they were presenting to present as authentic did not come out until the mid 1990s. Rather was so blinded by his fury and hate for George Bush he could not even get a basic authentication done shows how motivated he was to take down Bush ("whatever it takes"). I equate Dan Rather's fury to that of Richard Nixon when it came to enemies. In an ironic twist, Rather witnessed first-hand what it did to Nixon yet could not resist himself.

Didn't CBS fire Dan Rather over that report on George W Bush, or you just want to conveniently avoid that piece of information when it suits you? When the topic is about facts and accurate reporting, credibility does say a lot.

Didn't CBS fire Dan Rather over that report on George W Bush, or you just want to conveniently avoid that piece of information when it suits you? When the topic is about facts and accurate reporting, credibility does say a lot.
was that the deal where the info was correct but the paper wasn't the original?

Forum List

Back