The gay couples' taxes help protect the bakery; Shouldnt the be allowed to shop in it

I just cant believe that in 2014, we are about to plan a manned mission to Mars. We are taking pictures of light that possibly originated in the Big Bang. We are curing cancers that once were a death sentence. We have invented devices that have plastic screens that can depict a person's live image 10,000 miles away to talk to. We're doing stuff that was just a fantasy 30-50 years ago.

Yet, we still cant get past selling gay people a cake. I thought the fight over selling food to black people in the 60's would've pushed us past this. Guess not.

Poor argument. My house is protected the same way. Am I supposed to let everyone in?

Your house isn't a business dumbass. Its why OSHA doesn't come inspect it either.

You cant be this......nevermind. You are.

And that couple isn't paying business taxes, which shows how stupid your argument is.

How do you know? Maybe the gay couple owns a business.

Oh, that's right. RW'ers think gays don't work.

I just cant believe that in 2014, we are about to plan a manned mission to Mars. We are taking pictures of light that possibly originated in the Big Bang. We are curing cancers that once were a death sentence. We have invented devices that have plastic screens that can depict a person's live image 10,000 miles away to talk to. We're doing stuff that was just a fantasy 30-50 years ago.

Yet, we still cant get past selling gay people a cake. I thought the fight over selling food to black people in the 60's would've pushed us past this. Guess not.

Actually, it was the misguided, if well-intended, solution to that problem that drove us into this corner.

I just cant believe that in 2014, we are about to plan a manned mission to Mars. We are taking pictures of light that possibly originated in the Big Bang. We are curing cancers that once were a death sentences, you are just so stupid you don't know about it.. We have invented devices that have plastic screens that can depict a person's live image 10,000 miles away to talk to. We're doing stuff that was just a fantasy 30-50 years ago.

I can't believe that it is 2014 and that we don't have a plan to go to Mars either.

Wait, we have had plans to get to Mars since the 1800s. I guess that makes you the stupid one in this conversation.

Your house isn't a business dumbass. Its why OSHA doesn't come inspect it either.

You cant be this......nevermind. You are.

And that couple isn't paying business taxes, which shows how stupid your argument is.

Maybe your house is a business. How would I know that unless I go in and look around?

Still waiting to find out what taxes protect me from. As far as I can tell, the only thing they protect me from is the government shooting me to get them.

Shitbag...that is discrimination based on skin color. The same would apply for gay men wanting to eat.

Now forcing a restaurant owner to cater for a gay wedding against his religious beliefs is ILLEGAL because that is an action that you are forcing upon one person in support of actions of another.

burn in hell, cocksucker.

Well, lets use a screen printing shop for example.

If a guy walked in and said "I want 50 red t-shirts with the Nazi logo on the front", I'd support 100% the owner saying no.

But a gay couple wanting to buy a standard cake for their wedding? Ridiculous. That baker is obligated to serve the customer.

And I feel obligated to tell you what a fucking moron you are. Shove your liberal nonsense

SO.......

A black couple walks into Outback and says "Hi, we'd like two steak dinners please."

The manager says "Get out, we don't serve *******."

You saying Outback shouldn't be sued?

Maybe your house is a business. How would I know that unless I go in and look around?

Still waiting to find out what taxes protect me from. As far as I can tell, the only thing they protect me from is the government shooting me to get them.

How would YOU know its not? Well, that's a valid question because you are a fucking idiot.

For the rest of us:

- The lack of a business sign out front
- The zoning laws that say businesses aren't there
- Common fucking sense
- My no trespassing sign out front

The fact that you live in such a bubble of safety that you think you need absolutely no protection from anything...is proof that your taxes are being well spent on protection. No population in human history has lived under more of a safety net that 2014 Americans.

Enjoy it. But you will enjoy a life void of danger, and wont even appreciate it.

Shitbag...that is discrimination based on skin color. The same would apply for gay men wanting to eat.

Now forcing a restaurant owner to cater for a gay wedding against his religious beliefs is ILLEGAL because that is an action that you are forcing upon one person in support of actions of another.

And I feel obligated to tell you what a fucking moron you are. Shove your liberal nonsense

SO.......

A black couple walks into Outback and says "Hi, we'd like two steak dinners please."

But heres the deal:

What if MY religion says I must go out and fondle strange, hot womens breasts each weekend with or without their consent? Its illegal.

What if MY religion says I don't believe in the right of Jews to exist, and thus, refuse to let them enter my restaurant. That's illegal.

You have freedom to practice your religion. But, if you own a business open to the public, you cannot discriminate within that public. Sorry.

you stupid fuck pile shit....your strawmen arguments which create criminal behavior shows you are a mental midget.

SO.......

But heres the deal:

What if MY religion says I must go out and fondle strange, hot womens breasts each weekend with or without their consent? Its illegal.

What if MY religion says I don't believe in the right of Jews to exist, and thus, refuse to let them enter my restaurant. That's illegal.

You have freedom to practice your religion. But, if you own a business open to the public, you cannot discriminate within that public. Sorry.

I mean, if that gay couple went to City Hall and said "Bubba Joe's Bakery" refused to sell us a cake, for the sole reason that we are gay; But, we pay the taxes that funds the police that patrol that shopping center at night, and the fire department that would rush to save the business if a kitchen fire broke out.

We'd like to have a refund of our tax money percentage that goes to serve THAT bakery please.

The way around it, is for the bakery to become a private club with membership that excludes homosexuals and not receive any public funding. That way they can sell or not sell to whom ever they please. For instance, the KKK and it's members have the same protections as the rest of the citizens and I'm sure that many of them pay taxes as well. If the KKK had their own private bakery for it's members, would they be legally compelled to sell the people that are not members aka Blacks, Jews, and other minorities?

I feel that when one opens a public business, accommodation, etc., they shouldn't be able to discriminate based on race or sexual identity. I certainly wouldn't want someone who doesn't like me because of my race and felt that they were forced to sell me food or whatever, serving me anything. I certainly wouldn't spend my money there. There are a few times I have gone to bars or other establishments where I wished they would have had a "whites only" sign in the window, so I wouldn't have to go in there and spend my money in the first place.

you stupid fuck pile shit....your strawmen arguments which create criminal behavior shows you are a mental midget.

]

Oh, wow, never thought of it like that, you've changed my mind:cuckoo:

How would YOU know its not? Well, that's a valid question because you are a fucking idiot.

For the rest of us:

- Common fucking sense

The fact that you live in such a bubble of safety that you think you need absolutely no protection from anything...is proof that your taxes are being well spent on protection. No population in human history has lived under more of a safety net that 2014 Americans.

Enjoy it. But you will enjoy a life void of danger, and wont even appreciate it.

Zoning laws? No trespassing signs?

I can show you commercial warehouses that don't have a business sign, and that post this sign.
images

Does that make them not a business?

SO.......

But heres the deal:

I would say go for it, then give every woman in your neighborhood a shotgun.

For the rest of us:

- Common fucking sense

Zoning laws? No trespassing signs?

I can show you commercial warehouses that don't have a business sign, and that post this sign.
images

Does that make them not a business?

That would be a business building that has restricted access to employees only. You know....they exist. Kinda like if you go to the Remington firearms factory, it is a business, but no one can just walk in.

The burger joint across the street, however, is a business that is open to the public.

Cant believe I have to explain this to you.

But heres the deal:

I would say go for it, then give every woman in your neighborhood a shotgun.

But they'd be violating my religious rights if they hurt my while trying to express my religion.

OH wait....theres laws against unlawfully touching another person.

Just like laws that say you cant discriminate in a business that is open to the general public.

You idiots.......I though the civil rights sit-ins of the 60's settled this.

Guess not. Lets open the can of worms back up. And to think....you're doing it right when you had a shot at taking back the Senate. Go ahead, self-destruct again.

Man your are losing your mind and now just spewing...

You are right, this is 2014 and we still have Freedom of religion, freedom to do business with who we want, Freedom to spew nonsense such as above. and when they cure cancer let me know, because it runs in my family and half of them DIED from it...but hey, lets go on over a damn cake...That is so much more important in life

The so-called bakery owned by the religious person who doesn't like gay people......is protected by local and state police and fire departments. Paid for by all the taxpayers.

So, that gay couple pays taxes, that in part go to the benefit of that bakery.

So, when that gay couple walks in and says "We'd like to buy a 3 layer chocolate cake please", and a straight couple walks in requesting the same type cake, and both couples are taxpayers, and the bakery benefits from police and fire protection funded in part by both couples' tax money............how can that baker refuse to service one couple with the SAME product as the other?

Protect it from what?
Stupid, insipid threads like this one. The OP is off the deep end.

The so-called bakery owned by the religious person who doesn't like gay people......is protected by local and state police and fire departments. Paid for by all the taxpayers.

So, that gay couple pays taxes, that in part go to the benefit of that bakery.

So, when that gay couple walks in and says "We'd like to buy a 3 layer chocolate cake please", and a straight couple walks in requesting the same type cake, and both couples are taxpayers, and the bakery benefits from police and fire protection funded in part by both couples' tax money............how can that baker refuse to service one couple with the SAME product as the other?

Our taxes pay for the Cadillac health plans of congress. Shouldn't we be allowed to have those?

Our taxes pay for the Obama's expensive vacations, shouldn't they at least send us all postcards?

Our taxes for millions of people to stay home and do nothing. Since our taxes pay for their homes, should we be allowed to enter the home whenever we want? Hell, Obama kept us all out of our White House for a while.

Our taxes pay for all the affirmative action programs that most of us don't benefit from.

Our taxes pay for everything the government does. We pay the IRS to come after us if we don't pay. We pay congress for not reading bills and passing them anyway.

We have no say in how our taxes are spent. The government takes from half of us and gives it to the other half. How is it fair that not everyone benefits from things equally? One family gets a big tax refund when they don't pay taxes and free college for their kid while the other person is up to their eyeballs in loans because they paid so much in taxes, they can't afford to help their own kids.

Usually, the left acts like people have a right to do whatever they want, all at someone else's expense.

I guess you think you found an exception to that rule.

Last edited:
Of course they should be able to buy a three layer chocolate cake. Right out of the case, like anyone else. What they should not be able to do is compel the baker to attend their wedding with a wedding cake conveying the message that the bakery condones same sex marriage. There is no message in a three layer chocolate cake.

Post #7 - Wow, you homophobes are falling off your game. Usually you manage to get your sick perverted remarks in posts 3, 4, 5…

Caught the bigot sleeping on the job.

So the Christian bakers wont do a gay wedding because they find it to be a sin.

Hmmm.

Guess the deadly sin of sloth and greed, which is committed at every single wedding in America, would be ok for the Christian bakers.

Wonder if 2 atheists, who were a straight man and woman, paid a LOT of money for the catering at the wedding in their backyard, if the baker would still serve it.

Forum List

Back