The glaring evidence that Obamacare is a catastrophic FAILURE continues to mount

You keep saying people get wiped out if they can't pay the bills. That's your fault.

So you believe that the costs of hospital care and pharmaceuticals and medical devices are reasonable? Say more about that.

What about doctors? Charging fair prices? What a wonderful fantasy!

Far reach to get to even asking such a question. I said that if someone gets wiped out because they can't pay their medical bills, it's your fault. You think those people deserve help paying for it. If they can't and you don't, the fault lies with the one who thinks they should have it paid.

Tell you what, if you think a doctor is charging too much for what he/she does, next time you need something only a doctor is qualified to do, don't use one and get some high school dropout to provide that service to you. Let me know what happens. Sorry, get your next of kin to let me know.

You keep saying people get wiped out if they can't pay the bills. That's your fault.

So you believe that the costs of hospital care and pharmaceuticals and medical devices are reasonable? Say more about that.

Far reach to get to even asking such a question. I said that if someone gets wiped out because they can't pay their medical bills, it's your fault. You think those people deserve help paying for it. If they can't and you don't, the fault lies with the one who thinks they should have it paid.

Tell you what, if you think a doctor is charging too much for what he/she does, next time you need something only a doctor is qualified to do, don't use one and get some high school dropout to provide that service to you. Let me know what happens. Sorry, get your next of kin to let me know.

So you believe that the costs of hospital care and pharmaceuticals and medical devices are reasonable. And everyone should have several hundred thousand dollars stashed away in case they need cancer treatment or cardiac surgery.

Got it.

Difference is when I accepted whether or not to use the insurance of my employer, I also has just as much choice to decline that coverage without penalty. Under Obamacare, there is no choice just different costs, premiums or a penalty.

If Obamacare is such a good idea, why is it mandated? Wouldn't such a good idea be something voluntarily accepted?

Do I have to keep explaining this to you? If you didn't have a mandate, people wouldn't buy insurance until they got sick. Everyone has to buy insurance, and insurance companies can't cheat you when you get sick.

Personally, I think single payer would work better. Or a public option for those who can't get insurance from their employers. But the insurance companies shot those down. They are going to milk the last dollar they can out of hte current system.

You keep saying people get wiped out if they can't pay the bills. That's your fault. You're the one that think some other person should offset that. Since you say you do, set the example and prove you care. I'm not convinced you actually do. All I hear is you saying so.

I already do. I pay 3% of my salary into health insurance. Since I haven't gotten sick in the last 8 years or so, I am already paying for hte people who do.

I'd rather have the government run it, because Medicare is much better than Cigna.

Medicare Part E- Medicare for Everyone. problem solved.

So you believe that the costs of hospital care and pharmaceuticals and medical devices are reasonable. And everyone should have several hundred thousand dollars stashed away in case they need cancer treatment or cardiac surgery.

Got it.

They don't need to have is stashed away. When people like you who believe another person is supposed to provide them with something they can't afford, YOU should have it stashed away in order for you to prove you care like you SAY you do.

I didn't get that. Are you going to get the high school dropout to provide medical care next time you need something?

Difference is when I accepted whether or not to use the insurance of my employer, I also has just as much choice to decline that coverage without penalty. Under Obamacare, there is no choice just different costs, premiums or a penalty.

If Obamacare is such a good idea, why is it mandated? Wouldn't such a good idea be something voluntarily accepted?

Do I have to keep explaining this to you? If you didn't have a mandate, people wouldn't buy insurance until they got sick. Everyone has to buy insurance, and insurance companies can't cheat you when you get sick.

Personally, I think single payer would work better. Or a public option for those who can't get insurance from their employers. But the insurance companies shot those down. They are going to milk the last dollar they can out of hte current system.

You keep saying people get wiped out if they can't pay the bills. That's your fault. You're the one that think some other person should offset that. Since you say you do, set the example and prove you care. I'm not convinced you actually do. All I hear is you saying so.

I already do. I pay 3% of my salary into health insurance. Since I haven't gotten sick in the last 8 years or so, I am already paying for hte people who do.

I'd rather have the government run it, because Medicare is much better than Cigna.

Medicare Part E- Medicare for Everyone. problem solved.

You haven't explained it yet. All you've done is claim that you support the government providing you what you won't provide yourself.

Personally, I think you should provide your own and pay for those who you say can't afford it. It's not my place to provide to someone else what you think I should.

You haven't explained it yet. All you've done is claim that you support the government providing you what you won't provide yourself.

Personally, I think you should provide your own and pay for those who you say can't afford it. It's not my place to provide to someone else what you think I should.

I probably pay more taxes than you do, Cleetus.

I probably pay more taxes than you do, Cleetus.

You keep saying things like that but have yet to prove it. Where's the proof, freeloader?

where's your proof? Heck, you are here all day, that tells me you probably don't have gainful employment.

Wait....I thought Obama said that we needed Obamacare because the costs of healthcare were just too high??? :uhh:

Nancy Allamon said the couple literally can’t afford to get sick. After the passage of Obamacare, their health insurance deductible spiked to $5,000—money they don’t have. They also saw their monthly insurance payments rise.

2 Ohio Counties, Red and Blue, Ready for Obama Era’s End

If you didn't have a mandate, people wouldn't buy insurance until they got sick. Everyone has to buy insurance, and insurance companies can't cheat you when you get sick.

Insurance companies can still 'cheat'. The mandate does nothing about that other than force us to put up with it.

Me too. ACA was the insurance industry's attempt to avoid single payer. It makes it less likely that the situation will improve, not more. It's step in the wrong direction.

If you didn't have a mandate, people wouldn't buy insurance until they got sick. Everyone has to buy insurance, and insurance companies can't cheat you when you get sick.

Insurance companies can still 'cheat'. The mandate does nothing about that other than force us to put up with it.

Me too. ACA was the insurance industry's attempt to avoid single payer. It makes it less likely that the situation will improve, not more. It's step in the wrong direction.
You're 100% correct in that it is a step in the wrong direction. But you have the wrong reason. The actual reason it is a step in the wrong direction is because government has absolutely no business being involved in healthcare.

You're 100% correct in that it is a step in the wrong direction. But you have the wrong reason. The actual reason it is a step in the wrong direction is because government has absolutely no business being involved in healthcare.

It's a step in the wrong direction no matter which way you look at it. It's only a step in the right for government and their corporate sponsors.

Last edited:
I find it amusing that this thread "called out" the PPACA as a "failure" over three months before it began.

Didn't Miss Cleo die this week? Must be a temporal anomaly.

I find it amusing that this thread "called out" the PPACA as a "failure" over three months before it began.

It's been explained multiple times. ANY program where the only way a freeloader that won't by his/her own insurance coverage can get it is for others to be forced to subsidize it is a failure before it starts. The poor results of such a program are only proof. When redistribution of wealth is the premise behind it, it's worthless from the get go.

It's been explained multiple times. ANY program where the only way a freeloader that won't by his/her own insurance coverage can get it is for others to be forced to subsidize it is a failure before it starts. The poor results of such a program are only proof. When redistribution of wealth is the premise behind it, it's worthless from the get go.

Then stop explaining it.

You'll never get the far left to admit that freeloaders exist.

They are always victims of the rigged system.

And while I agree that the system is rigged in many ways, the freeloaders that are consistently documented are people who have figured out how to scam the system and prefer not to engage in the "normal" practice of providing for themselves (except that they do....by scamming the system).

Big companies do it too.

The left has no problem villifying them (and rightly so).

But the "average person" on welfare is just an average person (or so they kid themselves into thinking).

You should probably read the first post in a thread (at least the first post) before commenting. It would actually make sense to you then. Just say'n...

Forum List

Back