The global warming thread. Is it for real?

"This would be the HEIGHT of enviro hypocrisy right here on display.
Go ahead --- try to get a permit for one of those in Cleveland.. Or even better Chicago.. "

Why would you want to?

Of course, when AGW peaks, Chicago and Cleveland may well be deserts.

Why would I want to?? I don't... YOU think the enlightened have this solar solution NAILED and I'm your biggest problem.. That's a mental deal pal... Certified denial.. You are what you hate...

Answer the original QUESTIONS.. Or you're back on ignore.

Don't even think that I'm wasting my time on you. If there was no danger that others could be misled by the cult, you'd be on everyone's ignore list except for the cult's.

Answer the questions silly person.

Why would I want to?? I don't... YOU think the enlightened have this solar solution NAILED and I'm your biggest problem.. That's a mental deal pal... Certified denial.. You are what you hate...

Answer the original QUESTIONS.. Or you're back on ignore.

Don't even think that I'm wasting my time on you. If there was no danger that others could be misled by the cult, you'd be on everyone's ignore list except for the cult's.

Get educated, ignorant person. That's what I had to do.

:lol: Sure you are junior, sure you are. You couldn't write a thesis to save your life. Now, once again...answer the questions...silly person..

:lol: Sure you are junior, sure you are. You couldn't write a thesis to save your life. Now, once again...answer the questions...silly person..

I just don't understand why people who chose not to get educated think that those of us who have owe them an education.

Especially in this day when so much is available on the Internet for those who are willing to invest the time and have the cognitive wherewithal.

I have no trouble teaching folks who want to learn. I've done that professionally. On the other hand I have no patience with those who think that they are above learning and are entitled to know without effort.

You've been exposed, just here, to a wealth of real knowledge. Some real expertise, and declared yourself unwilling to learn. As my parents used to say: you've made your bed, now lie in it.

I just don't understand why people who chose not to get educated think that those of us who have owe them an education.
Good thing you don't project....much. :lol:

Especially in this day when so much is available on the Internet for those who are willing to invest the time and have the cognitive wherewithal.

I have no trouble teaching folks who want to learn. I've done that professionally. On the other hand I have no patience with those who think that they are above learning and are entitled to know without effort.

You've been exposed, just here, to a wealth of real knowledge. Some real expertise, and declared yourself unwilling to learn. As my parents used to say: you've made your bed, now lie in it.

Sure thing junior, once again ANSWER the questions. We all know you can't, so it's not surprising you're duckin' and jivin', but we are entertained by your bluster...really we are!:lol:

Sure thing junior, once again ANSWER the questions. We all know you can't, so it's not surprising you're duckin' and jivin', but we are entertained by your bluster...really we are!:lol:

He can't say what the Second Law says about energy moving from a high entropy state to a low entropy state and how it applies to the greenhouse hypothesis either. Must have written a couple of thousand words so far dodging the straight forward statement of the Second Law, and will probably write a few thousand more before he finally just runs away from the topic altogether.

He can't say what the Second Law says about energy moving from a high entropy state to a low entropy state and how it applies to the greenhouse hypothesis either. Must have written a couple of thousand words so far dodging the straight forward statement of the Second Law, and will probably write a few thousand more before he finally just runs away from the topic altogether.

There aren't many defendable topics when you envision yourself as some kind of SuperHero with a following of millions and don't have time to answer any questions about why youre dressed in tights, standing in the food court and reciting an Abbie Hoffman rally speech from the 60s..

It seems like the reason that the cult has avoided education is that they never learned that the reason that people invest the time to get educated is to increase their ability to contribute. To answer questions. To accomplish.

So they hang around places like this making foolish statements, asking stupid questions, hoping to find a shortcut way to catch up with others and stop making fools of themselves.

But, their oversized egos get in the way. They can't shake the idea that they already know it all.

Those of us who have made the investment in education get sucked into their game, trying to make sure that those who come here to learn, aren't shortchanged by getting misinformation from the cult.

What irritates me is that this could be a place of very meaningful exchange between knowledgeable people. How great would that be? How useful would that be? How informative would that be?

We can't let the schmucks of the world take that away.

It seems like the reason that the cult has avoided education is that they never learned that the reason that people invest the time to get educated is to increase their ability to contribute. To answer questions. To accomplish.
OK...SO why don't you answer any questions?

So they hang around places like this making foolish statements, asking stupid questions, hoping to find a shortcut way to catch up with others and stop making fools of themselves.

But, their oversized egos get in the way. They can't shake the idea that they already know it all.
You really need to Google and understand the term "Freudian projection".

Here, I'll help...

2a. Freudian Projection

The following is a collection of definitions of projection from orthodox psychology texts. In this system the distinct mechanism of projecting own unconscious or undesirable characteristics onto an opponent is called Freudian Projection.

• "A defense mechanism in which the individual attributes to other people impulses and traits that he himself has but cannot accept. It is especially likely to occur when the person lacks insight into his own impulses and traits."
  • "The externalisation of internal unconscious wishes, desires or emotions on to other people. So, for example, someone who feels subconsciously that they have a powerful latent homosexual drive may not acknowledge this consciously, but it may show in their readiness to suspect others of being homosexual."
  • "Attributing one's own undesirable traits to other people or agencies, e.g., an aggressive man accuses other people of being hostile."
  • "The individual perceives in others the motive he denies having himself. Thus the cheat is sure that everyone else is dishonest. The would-be adulterer accuses his wife of infidelity."
  • "People attribute their own undesirable traits onto others. An individual who unconsciously recognises his or her aggressive tendencies may then see other people acting in an excessively aggressive way."
  • "Projection is the opposite defence mechanism to identification. We project our own unpleasant feelings onto someone else and blame them for having thoughts that we really have."

Basic Human Psychology 1: Neurosis, Projection and Freudian Projection

Those of us who have made the investment in education get sucked into their game, trying to make sure that those who come here to learn, aren't shortchanged by getting misinformation from the cult.
Ibid.

What irritates me is that this could be a place of very meaningful exchange between knowledgeable people. How great would that be? How useful would that be? How informative would that be?
What irritates you is that you have been called on your bullshit and don't have so much as a rudimentary understanding of anything, that you can't even vamp worth a shit. :lol:

Last edited:

Here, I'll help...

2a. Freudian Projection

The following is a collection of definitions of projection from orthodox psychology texts. In this system the distinct mechanism of projecting own unconscious or undesirable characteristics onto an opponent is called Freudian Projection.

• "A defense mechanism in which the individual attributes to other people impulses and traits that he himself has but cannot accept. It is especially likely to occur when the person lacks insight into his own impulses and traits."
  • "The externalisation of internal unconscious wishes, desires or emotions on to other people. So, for example, someone who feels subconsciously that they have a powerful latent homosexual drive may not acknowledge this consciously, but it may show in their readiness to suspect others of being homosexual."
  • "Attributing one's own undesirable traits to other people or agencies, e.g., an aggressive man accuses other people of being hostile."
  • "The individual perceives in others the motive he denies having himself. Thus the cheat is sure that everyone else is dishonest. The would-be adulterer accuses his wife of infidelity."
  • "People attribute their own undesirable traits onto others. An individual who unconsciously recognises his or her aggressive tendencies may then see other people acting in an excessively aggressive way."
  • "Projection is the opposite defence mechanism to identification. We project our own unpleasant feelings onto someone else and blame them for having thoughts that we really have."

Ibid.

What irritates you is that you have been called on your bullshit and don't have so much as a rudimentary understanding of anything, that you can't even vamp worth a shit. :lol:

Open and shut case Doc.. I'm goin troll-less again.. If you get any SPECIFIC answers from this head case about what "the plan is" that we're obstructing --- PLEASE PLEASE alert me first --- then the media.
:tongue:

Here, I'll help...

2a. Freudian Projection

Ibid.

Open and shut case Doc.. I'm goin troll-less again.. If you get any SPECIFIC answers from this head case about what "the plan is" that we're obstructing --- PLEASE PLEASE alert me first --- then the media.

"I'm goin troll-less again.."

Victory. One down, 3 or 4 more to go and then we can have meaningful discussion here among educated, responsible people.

Here, I'll help...

2a. Freudian Projection

Ibid.

Go rustle your jimmies.

We're not laughing with you...We're laughing AT you.

Thanks for playing....Johnny has a case of Bardahl for you as a parting gift. :lol:

What you're doing is of absolutely no interest to me. Unless you're leaving this forum. Go yammer to those who will agree with you because they don't know any better. Gomer in, Gomer out.

Last edited:

Here, I'll help...

2a. Freudian Projection

Ibid.

"I'm goin troll-less again.."

Victory. One down, 3 or 4 more to go and then we can have meaningful discussion here among educated, responsible people.

I hate to inform you but you will never ever get rid of me. I am going to haunt every ridiculous, uninformed, troll post you make. Get used to seeing me around because I find silly people like you entertaining as hell!

As usual you ignore the one major problem with "sustainable' societies. Eventually they will experience a natural disaster and when that happens they collapse. It has happened un-countable times throughout history, and just like you guys ignore science, you also ignore history.

Just don't come whining to us when you can't get any food at the supermarket.

I find it hard to recall any "sustainable societies" from the past, let alone a sustainable society which has collapsed.

To the best of my knowldge sustainable societies are a new development .

I would appreciate if you supported your statement with some examples , and links ( or book references ).

ALL societies from antiquity would classify as sustainable. Read about them and learn....

Well westwall, precisely I am making the statement because I have read and learned.

Romans, were not a sustainable society . Ecocide was common as in the Coliseum up to 5,000 animals could be killed in a day. Deforestation famine and starvation were common place.
See the book "Imperial Rome" from Time Life page 46.

Mayans weren't sustainable , the population increased until a drought brought famine and war.

The Rapa Nui weren't sustainable, they ended with the forests in their island.

The Mongols were sustainable somehow, but lack of a central government made their empire get split and decline.

So stop ranting and give an example of a "sustainable" society from the past, with references.

I find it hard to recall any "sustainable societies" from the past, let alone a sustainable society which has collapsed.

To the best of my knowldge sustainable societies are a new development .

I would appreciate if you supported your statement with some examples , and links ( or book references ).

Every tribe of nomadic or semi nomadic hunter gatherers have been, by defninition, sustainable societies...and history has shown time and time again that a natural disaster, even a small one by our standards is enough to send them into extinction.

I can agree partially with that. That's not history , but prehistory.
Art came and went several times in the past precisely because of the collapse of those nomadic groups.
It would be hard to make a case arguing that it was their sustainability that put them into that situation. I can think of many other factors which are more important:
Small numbers ( the tribes rarely had a population above 5,000 members ).
Lack of written language.
Lack of technology ( other than basic stone working and producing fire ).

Forum List

Back