The GOP Health Care Plan

I would find it quite amusing that so many people are focused on how to get better health insurance (AKA lower cost), if it were not so udderly tragic. What we need to be focusing on is how to get the cost of health care back in line with the rest of the economy, not how to get "someone else" to pay for it. Really, what even comes close to the inflation of health care? Anything? Is that not the real problem here? The cost of healthcare, not the cost of insurance?

What's in the Senate's secret Obamacare repeal bill

It may be ok. It's good to see no more nonsense about "the fed govt has no role in helping people get hc." And reforming mediciad from a "all you can get" program is not a bad idea.

Although they better keep their hands off my medicare. LOL
All I see is cutting medicaid aka harming the poor who NEED medicaid. I mean really they want to replace it with giving the states a set amount per person to use for poor folks.....why don't they just say hey poor fucker! DON'T GET SICK! Such bullshit.

Healthy people better not be paying for unhealthy peoples care... it's just not right
If those unhealthy people can't get coverage, then you'll be paying for them indirectly through higher premiums.

And it will be worse when they have to use Emergency Rooms for their basic care.

And it will be even worse when they don't get basic preventive/diagnostic care and their conditions and medical needs end up being more severe.

So we'll be paying for 'em. If they're too sick to qualify, we'll be paying for 'em. If they can't afford it, we'll be paying for 'em.

That's just basic business economics.

Last edited:
Ladies and gentlemen, the goal is to LOWER health care costs, period.

And remember, Trump promised our health care costs would be a tiny fraction of what they are now.

It may be ok. It's good to see no more nonsense about "the fed govt has no role in helping people get hc." And reforming mediciad from a "all you can get" program is not a bad idea.

All I see is cutting medicaid aka harming the poor who NEED medicaid. I mean really they want to replace it with giving the states a set amount per person to use for poor folks.....why don't they just say hey poor fucker! DON'T GET SICK! Such bullshit.
That's a fair criticism. I'll have to see how it really checks out. You have people who are desperately sick, like with cerebral palsy of alzheimers, who need a lot of help. And then you have welfare cheats. And then you have normally healthy kids who are on because of Schips and Obamacare.

"You're going to have such great health care at a tiny fraction of the cost." - Donald J. Trump

And remember, Trump promised our health care costs would be a tiny fraction of what they are now.
Imo Trump is irrelevant to the gop senate at this point. He'll sign what they give him, and he'll like it. He just wants to say "look I'm Great they passed my bill" when he didn't have jack shit input.

That's a fair criticism. I'll have to see how it really checks out. You have people who are desperately sick, like with cerebral palsy of alzheimers, who need a lot of help. And then you have welfare cheats. And then you have normally healthy kids who are on because of Schips and Obamacare.
All my kids are healthy although my son is on medicine every month because of his behavior and the kid can NOT sleep unless he has his medicine to go to sleep...they get medicaid bc we are poor,I get mine bc I am disabled.

All my kids are healthy although my son is on medicine every month because of his behavior and the kid can NOT sleep unless he has his medicine to go to sleep...they get medicaid bc we are poor,I get mine bc I am disabled.
I hope they take care of keeping your coverage. Bob Portman said this would work better for kids, and he is, imo, a decent guy. I have to say, what I read is better than I'd hoped for. The House bill was crap.

Back in 2008, there was some discussion of figuring out how much it took, on average, to care for people, and budget a total amount. Some cost more, some less. We'll see what the gop senate has been up to.

Imo Trump is irrelevant to the gop senate at this point. He'll sign what they give him, and he'll like it. He just wants to say "look I'm Great they passed my bill" when he didn't have jack shit input.
That's why I call him the Naked Emperor.

Trump and the GOP's survival are completely dependent on the cost of health care coming down.

No amount of bloviation and chest thumping by the apprentice President will make any difference to a voter if they keep getting a giant health insurance bill in the mail.

How do you know !? Have u seen the plan? No one else has .

Here's the problem . The GOP promised all these gullible rubes the impossible. All the good shit that in Obamacare , minus all the bad stuff that actually pays for Obamacare !!!!

Lol! You can't have it both ways you stupid idiots !

cut medicaid so county hospitals can gouge the shit out of the state and state taxpayers get to pay triple the cost for medical care for the needy.

FUCKING BRILLIANT

Trump and the GOP's survival are completely dependent on the cost of health care coming down.

No amount of bloviation and chest thumping by the apprentice President will make any difference to a voter if they keep getting a giant health insurance bill in the mail.
Trump is bs. The gop may be betting that people will be ok with less in coverage for lower coverage cost.

Trump is bs. The gop may be betting that people will be ok with less in coverage for lower coverage cost.
That will work until "less in coverage" translates into a giant medical bill when someone in the family gets sick.

Then Trump and the GOP are doomed.

How do you know !? Have u seen the plan? No one else has .

Here's the problem . The GOP promised all these gullible rubes the impossible. All the good shit that in Obamacare , minus all the bad stuff that actually pays for Obamacare !!!!

Lol! You can't have it both ways you stupid idiots !
I was commenting on what the link said was in the bill, sparky

That will work until "less in coverage" translates into a giant medical bill when someone in the family gets sick.

yeah, but when someone in a family gets really sick, Medicaid is supposed to kick in. So, I guess much depends on how much they cut Medicaid and whether they can make up for some of that in savings. You can't cut Medicaid provicers anymore.

yeah, but when someone in a family gets really sick, Medicaid is supposed to kick in. So, I guess much depends on how much they cut Medicaid and whether they can make up for some of that in savings. You can't cut Medicaid provicers anymore.
No, when someone in a middle class family gets sick, they do not qualify for Medicaid. The only protection a middle class person has is the catastrophic cap, which is the equivalent of the price of used car before your medical bills stop going up for the year.

And part of that "less in coverage" is a much bigger catastrophic cap. About the cost of a NEW car.

If you have a chronically ill person in your family, you will be hitting the cap every year. Essentially buying a car every year without the benefit of actually getting the car.

Forum List

Back